拜托
Ah, come on, now.
你要成为你想成为的人
You gonna be the person you decide to be,
还是成为别人期待你成为的那个人呢?
or are you gonna be the person everyone else tells you you are?
你必须做选择
'Cause you get to choose.
你要选
You do.
我希望我不叫贝蒂
I wish I wasn't named Betty.
这是一个女人的名字 而我只有14岁
It's a lady name, and I'm only 14.
那就改了
So change it.
我不能改自己的名字
I can't just change my name.
你想做什么都行
You can do anything you want.
丽兹怎么样?
What about "Liz"?
不行?
No?
丽莎?
"Liza"?
贝茜?
"Betsy"?
好吧 也许贝丝?
Uh, maybe "Beth"?
是啊 我喜欢贝丝
Yeah, I like "Beth."
贝丝除了成为鼓乐队的女队长之外 还能做成很多事
And there are so many things a Beth can accomplish besides being a majorette.
-我表亲玛西亚就是个女队长 -对
-My cousin Marsha's a majorette. -Yes,
拜托不要像你那个笨蛋表亲一样做傻事
she is, and please don't do what your idiot cousin Marsha did.
她怀孕了 现在她只能嫁给 那个愚蠢的年轻人
She got herself pregnant,and now she's gonna have to marry that imbecilic young man.
玛西亚怀孕了?
Marsha's pregnant?
如果你需要我假装是你父亲
If ever you need me to pretend to be your father
好去买♥♥避孕药 我很乐意帮忙
so you can get birth control,I will be more than happy to do that.
看着我
Look at me.
如果你发现自己怀孕了
And if you do find yourself getting knocked up,
在你告诉这个家里的任何人之前 你要先打给我
you call me first before you talk to anyone else in this family.
我保证
I promise.
好的
Okay.
你想要我把《包法利夫人》留给你?
You want me to leave Madame Bovary for you?
那太好了
Oh, that would be great.
谢谢
Thank you.
四年后
Attention, new students.
新生请注意
Please allow our student ambassadors
请允许我们的学生大使 带您参观纽约大学校园
to show you around the NYU campus.These student-led tours depart every half hour.
姓布莱索 名贝丝
Uh, Bledsoe. First name Beth.
伊丽莎白 抱歉
Uh, Elizabeth. I'm sorry.
谢谢
Thank you.
真美味 是不是?
That was scrumptious. Wasn't that scrumptious?
夏洛特 那个沙拉叫什么来着?
Charlotte! What was that salad?
叫塔布利
Oh. It's called tabbouleh.
我从没想过沙拉上还能放米饭
I never thought to put rice on a salad.
不是米饭 那是碎小麦
Oh, no, that's bulgur.
碎小麦是什么?
What's vulgar?
碎小麦
Uh, uh, bulgur.
是麦子做的
It's made from a wheat.
真有趣
Sure was interesting.
闻起来好香啊
That smells so good.
这是什么?
What is it?
这是牛肉
Oh, it's beef.
羊肉
Lamb.
这道菜叫斯菲哈
It's sfeeha.
-是吗? -斯菲哈?
-That. -Sfeeha?
对 有点像牧羊人派
Yeah, it's kind of like a shepherd's pie.
她是一个优秀的厨子
She is such a good cook.
她被奴役了一整天
She's been slaving away all day.
奴役
Oh, slaving?
你真是个好男友
And you are such a good boyfriend.
夏洛特 见到你真好
Charlotte, it's so good to meet you.
我不得不说 弗兰克家里没有人
I have to say that no one in Frank's family
-听说过你 -我知道
-has ever even heard of you. -I know.
很疯狂 是不是?
It's crazy, right? Uh-huh.
尤其是我们已经在一起快五年了
Especially since we've been together almost five years.
不会吧
Shut your mouth!
是的 夏洛特 闭上你的嘴
Yes, Charlotte, shut your mouth.
我猜是因为犹太人的缘故
I bet it's because of the Jewish thing.
什么犹太人?
What Jewish thing?
弗兰克可能会觉得你们肯定不同意
Oh, well, Frank probably thought that you would all disapprove
他跟一个肮脏的犹太人住在一起
of him living in sin with a dirty Jew.
亲爱的 你还记得我们 今晚约好了什么吗?
Sweetheart.You remember what we decided tonight.
不谈政♥治♥...
No, uh, politics...
不谈宗教
No religion.
-没错 -当然了 我很抱歉
-That's right. -Of course, yes. I'm so sorry.
我真是个贱♥人♥
I'm just a bitch.
迈克就是这么叫我的
That's what Mike calls me.
我想我们会相处得很好
I think we're gonna get along just fine.
天 我真庆幸你不是黑人
Hell, I'm just glad you ain't black.
好吧 咱们别忘了今天的主题
Okay, let's not forget why we're all here.
敬伊丽莎白布莱索小姐
To Miss Elizabeth Bledsoe,
纽约大学1976级新生
New York University freshman,class of 1976.
美国的生日
America's birthday.
这一切只是开始 贝丝
It's all just beginning for you, Beth.
恭喜你
Mazel tov.
恭喜你
Mazel top.
-恭喜你 -恭喜你
-Congrats. -Congrats.
请享用
Enjoy.
你介意我坐在这里吗?
Do you mind if I sit here?
不 当然不介意
No, of course not.
我叫布鲁斯
I'm Bruce.
嗨 我叫贝丝
Hi. I'm Beth.
你来自哪里 贝丝?
Where are you from, Beth?
南卡罗莱纳州
South Carolina.
查尔斯顿?
Charleston?
不 一个小镇 我敢肯定你从来没有听说过
No, a tiny little town you've never heard of, I'm sure.
说来听听
Well, try me.
-溪水镇 -从来没听说过
-Creekville. -Never heard of it.
我来自北达科他州俾斯麦 但我告诉大家我是格林威治人
I'm from Bismarck, North Dakota,but I tell people I'm from Greenwich.
我已经决定 我要成为我想成为的人
I've decided I'm gonna be who I want to be
而不是让其他人决定我是谁
instead of letting other people dictate who I am.
其他人和事实二选一 很显然
Other people or facts, apparently.
最喜欢的作者?
Favorite author.
我不能只挑一个
I can't pick just one.
好吧 最喜欢的作者们?
Okay. Favorite authors.
卡森麦卡勒斯、尤多拉威尔蒂
Carson McCullers.Eudora Welty.
哈珀李 当然还有简奥斯汀
Harper Lee.Jane Austen, of course.
-夏洛特勃朗特 -没有男作家
-Uh, Charlotte Bronte. -No men. Hmm.
马克吐温 你呢?
Mark Twain.You?
好吧 莎士比亚
Well, Shakespeare.
狄更斯、马克吐温
Dickens.Mark Twain.
肯凯西、威廉施泰伦、杜鲁门卡波特
Ken Kesey. William Styron. Truman Capote.
没有女作家
No women.
格蕾丝梅塔利亚斯、杰奎琳苏珊
Grace Metalious. Jacqueline Susann.
当然了
Sure.
我实际上想上这个19世纪女性作家的课
Actually, I want to take this, um...this class on 19th-century women writers.
我想教授的名字应该是布莱索?
Uh, I think the professor's name is Bledsoe.
-听说他很棒 -弗兰克布莱索?
-I hear he's amazing. -2Frank Bledsoe?
他是我叔叔
Uh, he's my uncle.
-认真的? -是啊
-Seriously? -Yeah.
你介意把我介绍给他吗?
Would you mind introducing me to him?
我的意思是 找个合适的时机
I mean, at some point.Something tells me that
我觉得我们俩会经常待在一起
you and I are gonna be spending a lot of time together.
我希望如此
I hope so.
你还好吗?
You okay?
还好 我只是...
Yeah, uh, I-I just...
我从来没有...
Uh, I've never...
-但我想要 我只是... -不
-Oh. But I want to. -I just... No.
不 我们应该等等
No, no, we should wait.
不 这...
No, it's
-没关系 我只是... -不
-okay. -I just... No, no.
我不想搞砸这段关系
I don't want to screw things up
不想操之过急
by moving too fast.
电影精选列表