你好 雅典娜
Hello, Athena.
我开始以为你永远都不回家了
I started to think you were never coming home.
你到哪去了
Where, oh, where have you been?
-做我的工作 -你的工作
-Doing my job. -Your job?
抱歉 我们暂停你的招募协定时
I'm sorry. Were we not clear
讲得不够清楚吗
when we suspended your recruitment protocols?
你说我被淘汰 想拆解我时
I got that sense when you called me "bloody obsolete"
我就明白了
and tried to disassemble me.
你引发一阵大骚动
Well, you've certainly caused quite a commotion
从艾菲尔铁塔发射一架古老火箭
by launching an antique rocket ship out of the Eiffel Tower.
在正常情况下
Under normal circumstances,
我们会尽力说服大家 那只是精心安排的恶作剧
we'd be working overtime to convince everyone it was just an elaborate hoax.
不过幸好 现在都不重要了 是吧
Fortunately, for all of us, doesn't really matter now, does it?
为什么不重要
Why doesn't it matter?
你是哪位
And who might you be?
我是凯西·纽顿
I'm Casey Newton.
你是哪位
And who might you be?
大卫·尼克
David Nix.
幸会
Pleasure.
法兰克 叙旧的感觉真好
Well, Frank, it's been wonderful catching up,
但我们说得很清楚你流放的条件
but as we were fairly clear about the terms of your exile
和违反规定的后果
and the consequences of violating it,
所以我要问你到底来做什么
I have to ask what the hell are you doing here?
我认为她能修好
I think she can fix it.
-你说什么 -她
-I'm sorry. -Her.
-我想她能修好 大卫 -等等 什么
-I think she can fix it, David. -Wait. What?
我一直在拦截你的讯号♥
I've been pirating your signal.
每次你一打开 我在地球都看得到
Every time you turn it on here, I can see it there.
它不太稳定
And it flickered.
百分比下降了 大卫
The percentage dropped, David.
不可能
Impossible.
不相信 我们立刻去查
You don't believe me? Let's go find out right now.
-对不起 我能修好什么 -这个世界 纽顿小姐
-I'm sorry, what can I fix? -The world, Miss Newton.
他认为你能改变这个世界
He thinks you can fix the world.
那是往地球的入口吗
Is that like a portal to Earth?
不是 往地球的桥梁
No. It is a bridge way to Earth.
欢迎回到天眼塔 法兰克
Welcome back to The Monitor, Frank.
很了不起吧
It's something, isn't it?
对 了不起
Yeah, it's something.
别担心这灯光秀
Don't worry about the light show.
十分安全
It's perfectly safe.
我该做什么吗
Am I supposed to do something?
能说清楚点吗
Okay, could you be a bit more specific?
改变世界听起来...
Because fixing the world sounds a little...
做你自己就好
Just be yourself.
明白
Gotcha.
未来片段闪现
Flashes of the future.
-那是什么 -未来片段闪现
-What are those? -Flashes of future.
这是几秒后的我们
This is us a few seconds from now.
整座塔透过速子传输能量
This whole tower funnels energy via tachyon,
这种粒子比光移♥动♥得更快
a particle that moves significantly faster than light.
我们将近40年前发现它们
We discovered them almost 40 years ago.
地球的物理学家还在争辩它们是否存在
Your physicists are still arguing over whether they exist.
天啊
Oh, dear.
太迟了
Too late.
天啊
Oh, dear.
太迟了
Too late.
节目继续
So, on with the show.
我们大幅强化了介面
We've enhanced the interface significantly
但它还是用你原始的演算法运作
but it still functions on your original algorithm.
想露一手吗 法兰克
You have something to show me, Frank?
秀一下
Show me.
挑个地方
Pick a place.
-什么 -世界上任何一个地方
-What? -A location anywhere in the world.
挑一个
Pick one.
卡纳维尔
Canaveral.
卡纳维尔角
Cape Canaveral.
慢一点
Easy, easy.
这表面的方向 从你的手对准地球中
The interface is oriented from your hands to the center of the Earth.
我懂了
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I got it.
你显然训练过她
You trained her obviously.
我昨天才认识她
I just met her yesterday.
她懂的可不少
She knows how things work.
从小你说这故事给我听 现在换我说给你听
You told me this story my entire life, and now I'm telling you.
怎么可能
How is this possible?
你家远在天边
We are millions of exponential deviances
遥不可及
away from the dimension you call home.
法兰克提出建造这机器的构想
Frank had the novel idea of building this machine
我们才能保持联♥系♥
so that we could keep in touch.
这是三天前
This is three days ago.
相对而言
Relatively.
这是关于时空的幽默
That's space/time humor.
因为速子比光还快
Because tachyons travel faster than light,
一旦驾驭它们...
once we harness them...
就能见到过去的事
You can see backwards in time.
不只是过去
Not just backwards.
你鬼扯
You're kidding.
没有
No.
怎么了
What happened?
继续前进
Keep going.
再往前一点
Just a little further.
够了
That's enough.
够了 小鬼
That's enough, kid.
那是我家
That's my house.
法兰克应该让你有心理准备
It would have been nice if Frank had prepared you for this,
世界恐怕即将毁灭
but I'm afraid the world is ending.
那是肯定的 无法避免 而且即将来临
It is certain, it is unavoidable, and it is coming.
什么时候
When?
从现在算起58天
This is 58 days from now.
58天
58 days?
不管什么原因 静电干扰开始后都有可能
But whatever caused this could happen any time after the static starts.
可能一个月
It could be a month.
也可能更快
It could be sooner.
还在找你的片段吗 法兰克
Still looking for your flicker, Frank?
我知道我看到什么
I know what I saw.
你们为什么不告诉别人
So why aren't you telling anyone?
整个地球就要毁灭了 你们却无动于衷
The whole planet is gonna die and you're just sitting here?
我们不会有事
We're not gonna die.
这是你们的世界 不是我们的
This is your world, not ours.
我们在这里好得很
We'll be perfectly fine here.
那为什么不让人们进来
Then why don't you let people in?
-告诉她 大卫 -法兰克
-Tell her, David. -Frank.
流放这么多年 你还不懂
All those years in exile, and you still don't understand.
这些人野蛮成性
These people are driven by savagery.
如果告诉他们有这地方
If we told them about this place,
连这里也会毁灭
then that would happen here to us.
那什么都存活不了
Then nothing would survive.
可是根本还没发生啊
But it hasn't happened yet!
其实发生了 你只是还没接受罢了
Actually, it has happened. You just haven't accepted it.
我不接受
Well, I don't accept it!
你看到没 看到没
Did you see that? Did you see that?
大卫 我知道你看到了
David, I know that you saw that.
这代表有机会 至少有机会...
That means that there is a chance. There's at least a chance...
挺顺利的 不觉得吗
That went quite well, don't you think?
-怎么回事 -你要被赶出去了
-What happened? -You're being deported.
再一次
Again.
尼克就是这样
Well, that's Nix for you.
缺乏创意
No new ideas.
万分之一的变数
Apparently, your 1/10,000 variable in the Inevitability
不足以改变他的心意
wasn't convincing enough to change his mind.