那么...这是什么地方
So, what is this place?
接下来每况愈下
And then everything went to hell.
-天啊 -真的
-Oh, boy -Well, it did.
你刚让他们满怀憧憬与希望
So you gave them, like, one second of blue skies and jet packs and hope...
这很重要 他们需要知道风险
It's important. They need to know the stakes.
他们应该知道倒数计时绝对没好事
I think they can figure out clocks counting down are bad.
-你要讲吗 -不 你讲得很好
-Do you wanna tell the story? -No, you're doing fine.
如果你觉得你能把故事讲得更好
Because if you think you can tell the story better,
我非常乐意洗耳恭听
I would absolutely love to hear you try.
-真的吗 -真的
-Really? -Really.
严格来说 我比较有资格
I guess, technically, I am more qualified.
是吗 怎么说
Are you? How so?
因为我跟你不同 我是乐观派
Because, unlike you, I'm an optimist.
-老婆 开始拍了吗 -这是录影带
-Babe, you filming? -It's video.
-我早就知道了 -你在录了吗
-I knew it! -Are you videoing?
继续 亲爱的
Okay. Go ahead, sweetie.
开始吧 凯西
Do your thing, Casey.
那是天狼星
That's Sirius.
那是老人星
That's Canopus.
那是大角星
That's Arcturus.
南门二星
Rigil Kentaurus.
织女星 南河三星 五车二 参宿四
Vega, Procyon, Capella, Betelgeuse.
为什么这么喜欢星星 凯西
And why do you love the stars so much, Casey?
因为我想去那里
Because I wanna go there.
可是那里好远好远
But it's so far away.
要花很久时间 非常久
It'll take a long time. A real long time.
如果你去了那里 什么都没有呢
What if you get all the way up there, and there's nothing?
如果那里什么都有呢
What if there's everything?
-老天 -怎样
-Oh, boy -What?
你要把整个童年都讲完吗
Are you gonna go through your entire childhood?
你从小时候讲起 我只是描述背景
You started when you were a kid. I'm just giving them context.
讲快点 大家没那个美国时间
Just move it along. Okay? They don't have all day.
好 没问题
Cool. You got it.
报上名来
Identity yourself!
奈特
Nate!
你敢吵醒爸 我就宰了你
If you wake up Dad, I will crush you.
你不该溜出去
You shouldn't sneak out.
你不该还在盖宝宝毛毯
Well, you shouldn't still need a wubby.
爸说睡觉时可以盖
Dad says it's okay to sleep with.
因为他不希望你长大
That's because he doesn't want you to grow up.
你又去发射台了吗
Were you at the platform again?
你去那里干嘛
What do you do out there?
你想阻止他们把它拆掉吗
Are you trying to stop them from taking it down?
那样我就成了罪犯
That would make me a criminal.
是对你这种小朋友的
And a pretty terrible role model
不良示范
to impressionable youth such as yourself.
但如果有别人那么做
But if someone else did it,
我想那是因为他们相信...
I'd have to assume they believed...
即使是毫不起眼的行动也能改变未来
even the teeniest of actions could change the future.
你怎么确定
How can you be sure?
因为我懂很多
Because I know how things work.
他们为什么要拆发射台
Why are they taking the platform down?
因为提出想法很难 放弃却很容易
Because it's hard to have ideas and easy to give up.
你不会放弃 对吧
But you won't. Right?
打死都不会
Never.
爸 我上学去了
Hey, Dad. Heading to school.
-我帮你做了便当 -喂
-I made you lunch. -Hey!
别打电玩了
Wrap it up.
-你怎么...-你也能想到
-How did you do... -You would have gotten it.
艾迪·纽顿
Yeah, Eddie Newton.
什么
What?
三台起重机都是
All three cranes?
道格 谢谢你打来 再见
All right, Douglas. Thanks for the call. Bye.
没事吧
Everything okay?
卡纳维尔角来的装备又挂了
Yeah, the equipment over at Canaveral is down again.
-奇怪 -真的好怪
-Weird. -Really weird.
至少你今天不用上班
Well, at least you get the day off.
他们要从奥兰多调别的起重机
Actually, they're bringing in replacement cranes from Orlando,
我中午要回去上班
so I will be back to work by noon.
太棒了
That's fantastic.
-凯西 -嗯
-Case. -Yeah?
他们绝对会拆掉发射台的
Nothing's gonna stop them from taking down that platform.
等拆完之后 我就失业了
Nothing. And when we're done, I'm out of a job.
谁都改变不了这事实 势在必行
There's nothing anyone can do about it. It's inevitable.
那你再换工作 你是太空总署的工程师
Well, then you'll find something else. You're a NASA engineer.
确没东西可发射
With nothing to launch.
-世上有两种狼 -凯西
-There are two wolves. -Case.
从小你说这故事给我听 现在我说给你听
You told me this story my entire life, and now I'm telling you.
有两种狼 它们老是在打架
There are two wolves, and they're always fighting.
一种忧郁绝望
One is darkness and despair.
一种开朗乐观
The other is light and hope.
哪种狼会赢
Which wolf wins?
拜托 凯西
Come on, Case.
好 别回答
Okay. Fine, don't answer.
你喂的那种
Whichever one you feed.
很好
Good.
吃吧
Eat.
走吧
Come on.
同归于尽
Mutually assured destruction.
今天 任何核武国家或恐♥怖♥份♥子♥都能造成大规模损害
Today, any nuclear country or terrorist is capable of inflicting damage
利用环境熵武器
on a massive scale with weapons of environmental entropy.
两极的冰帽可不受我们控制
The polar ice caps aren't waiting for us to decide
如果环境变迁是真的
if climate change is real.
海平面上升 极端的天气类型
Rising coastal waters, intensitying weather patterns.
它们将让我们一步步走向...
They're all punching our one-way ticket to...
敌托邦 也就是说"非理想的"
Dystopia. By definition, "not perfect."
赫胥黎的"美丽新世界"
Huxley's Brave New World,
布莱伯利的"华氏451度"
Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451,
欧威尔的"1984"
Orwell's 1984.
这些未来小说曾被视为虚构故事
Once considered fiction, these futuristic novels
如今却真的发生了 而且似乎变得更糟
are actually happening right now and they seem to be getting worse.
是 纽顿同学
Yes, Miss Newton?
我们能改变它吗
Can we fix it?
你说什么
Sorry?
我知道情况很严重 但我们如何修补
I get things are bad. But what are we doing to fix it?
祝大家周末愉快
Have a good weekend, everybody.
-纽顿同学 -是
-Newton? -Yeah.
你交保了 摩托车扣押
You made bail. Motorcycle is in impound.
到那边领私人物品
You can pick up your personal effects over there.
-纽顿同学 -是
-Newton? -Yeah.
好
All right.
好
All right.
钞票夹一个 47块3毛2
Okay, one money clip, $47.32,
佛州驾照 棒球帽
one Florida state driver's license, one baseball cap.
别针一只
You got one pin,
口香糖 还有一包鬼玩意
one pack of Bee mans gum, and I don't know what this is.
签名
Sign here.
-这不是我的 -哪个不是你的
-That's not mine. -What's not yours?
别针 我从来...
The pin. I've never...
不会吧
No way.
我一直在这里吗
Have I been here the whole time?
我了
I know.
不
No!
我来拿
I got it.
你不知道我费了多大力气
You have no idea of the strings I had to pull
才阻止国土安♥全♥部♥提告 凯西
to keep Homeland Security from pressing charges, Casey.
这不只是破坏公物
This is not just vandalism. All right?
-那是太空总署 政♥府♥资产 -你以前看过这个吗
-It's NASA. It's government property. -Have you ever seen this before?
你还是搞不懂 我对你很火大
You're not getting it, are you? I am very upset with you!
我懂 你很火大 我懂
I get it, you're angry. I understand.