你会介意吗
Do you mind?
一点也不会 怎么了吗
Not at all. So, what happened?
我有点搞不清楚
Huh, I'm not quite sure.
我猜想是这个宇宙 试着告诉我一些事情
I think the universe is trying to tell me something.
你把东西拿给她时 她有没有说什么
What did she say when you gave it to her?
这个嘛 我
Well, that's the thing. I, uh...
我还没告诉她
I haven't told her yet.
什么 你在拖什么
Well, why the hell not?
我也不知道 我自己也想搞清楚
That is what I am trying to figure out.
孩子们都在哪里
Where are all the kids?
我们这里住的大部分是退休人士
Well, we're mostly grown-ups here who've retired.
他们跑到哪里去了
So, where are they?
成天躺在家里看电视罗
They're just sitting in their houses, watching Wheel of Fortune.
你们或许看不出来 但是这个社区的活动很多元
It may not look it, but this is a very active community.
有高尔夫球 游泳 瑜珈
We got golf and swimming and yoga and...
我们只是喜欢保持整洁 让一切看起来井然有序
We just like to keep things nice and neat and safe and...
噢 对了 我们还有小池塘和凉亭
Oh, my gosh! We got a pond and a gazebo.
凉亭有什么用啊
What's a gazebo do?
纯好看而已 没什么用
Just looks pretty.
老人家们最喜欢坐在凉亭里 抱怨自己的膝盖不管用了
It's where old people sit and complain about their knees
米希
and stuff. - Missy.
又怎么了 明明是你说过的话 - 我们赶快进去吧
What? You said it. - Let's just go in.
真是好大一个洞
That is a big hole!
抱歉 你说什么
Sorry, what?
他们家真幸运
They were damn lucky.
你是修屋顶的工人
You the roof guy?
今天是 我叫布雷
Today I am. Name's Bray.
我叫塔克 我在湖边开餐厅
Tuck Middendorf. I own the place on the water.
米兰达叫我来看看情况
Miranda wanted me to check in.
你就是叫披萨的那个人嘛
Uh, you're the one who sent the pizza.
对 你怎么- - 你这一招
Yeah. How did you... - You scored a bunch
得了很多分喔 兄弟
of points there, my friend.
是吗
Oh, yeah?
你怎么认识米兰达的
How do you know Miranda?
这个嘛 其实不太认识
Oh, well, I don't, really.
那你为何帮她修屋顶
Why are you fixing her roof?
这是一个很好的问题
That's a very good question.
可以帮我拿一下那个包包吗
Hey, could you, uh, grab me that parachute bag there?
谢啦 不不不 另外一个
Yeah. No, that one, yeah.
麻烦帮我丢上来
You can throw it on up here.
给你
There you go.
要我拉你上来吗 - 好的
Do you want a hand? - Yeah.
谢谢
Thanks.
这里的视野真好
Heck of a view up here.
没错 所以男人都爱修屋顶
Yeah, that's why guys do roofs.
这一整块屋顶都得换掉了
Oh, yeah, this whole section's gonna have to be replaced.
没错 我打算重新打底 明天再来贴皮
Yeah, I'm gonna re-sheet and re-paper tomorrow.
气象预报明天不会下雨 运气不错
Forecast says there's no rain coming, so it's all good.
你又没有执照 - 确实没有
But you're not licensed. - No, no.
我只是帮个小忙而已
I'm just lending a hand.
我倒希望米兰达先找我讨论
Well, I wish Miranda had checked with me.
我愿意多花点钱 请一个真正的修理工
I would have paid to hire a real roofer.
我无意冒犯
No offense.
没关系 我不介意
None taken.
她这个人非常固执
She's stubborn that way.
你们俩在一起多久了
How long have you two been together?
噢 几年了吧
Oh, a few years.
她先生过世后的隔年就来到我这边工作
She came to work for me about a year after her husband died.
就我所知 她先生也是个好人
Good guy too, from what I hear.
她想必非常不好受
That must have been really painful.
单亲妈妈还得抚养三个孩子
Widowed. Three kids.
或许正是如此 让她更小心谨慎
I think it's made her more cautious.
其实我的状态也差不多
I'm the same way.
所以我也不愿操之过急
Why I haven't pushed things farther.
知道吗
You know?
嗯 只要有决心 就有机会改变现况
Well, things can change if you want them to.
我只希望她开心就好
I just want her to be happy.
我尊重你的想法
Can't say I blame you.
我只是要 - 很高兴认识你 布雷
What I want... - Nice meeting you, Bray.
很高兴认识你 塔克
Oh, yeah. You too, Tucker.
如果你处理不来这些的话 记得随时告诉我
Give me a shout if this gets to be too much.
没问题
Will do.
噢
Oh.
为什么会有人喜欢玩拼图
Why do people like puzzles?
没有人喜欢拼图
They don't.
只是生活太无聊了 需要打发时间
They just need something to do when they're bored.
别把这里讲的像是监狱
Oh! You make this sound like prison.
看 这盒拼图这么多片
Look at all these pieces.
至少要花一周才拼得完 - 永远拼不完
This is gonna take us a week. - Forever.
我跟你说 我知道你很喜欢那栋房♥子
Now, look. I know you love that house.
但我觉得 - 可以不要现在说这个吗
But I think we... - Can we not do this right now?
我在房♥地♥产♥这行做了40年
I was in real estate for 40 years.
一天之内就能把那栋房♥子卖♥♥掉
That place could sell in a day.
但是你若一直拖拖拉拉
Or it could take a year and a half.
一年半载也不会有变化
You don't have that kind of time.
对于现在的我来说 要考虑的事情太多了
It's too much for me to think about right now.
所以我才主动提醒
Well, that's all I'm asking is, you know,
希望你好好考虑
that you think about it.
这样生活下去不是办法
I mean, y'all on top of each other.
女孩们需要自己的房♥间
Those girls need another bedroom.
你也可以得到一笔钱 日子充裕一点
You could get your money out and then some.
屋顶有洞 怎么卖♥♥
Not with a hole in the roof.
亲爱的 你我都很清楚 那间房♥子迟早要拆掉
Oh, honey, you and I both know that that house is a tear-down.
嗨 - 哈罗
Hi. - Hey! Hey.
我想跟你报告一下屋顶的维修状况
I thought you might like a status update.
噢 有好消息吗
Only if it's good news.
天就快要黑了 等到电力恢复之后
Well, I ran out of daylight, but once the power comes back on
我应该能加快进度 最快在后天完工
I should be done the day after tomorrow.
真是太棒了 - 我把坏掉的支架清掉
That's fantastic. - I got rid of that limb,
也把洞口处理干净
I did a little triage on the hole.
屋内目前没什么大碍 不过打算把鼓风机开一整晚
The floors seem fine, but I'll still run the blower
这样比较保险 - 没关系 我不在乎细节
all night just to make sure. - I don't care
只要人没事就好
about that just as long as we're dry.
好 那我明天再继续
All right. Well, I'll check back in tomorrow.
等等 布雷
Wait, Bray.
你在哪里
Where are you?
你现在在做什么
What are you doing right now?
我坐在你家的屋顶上 欣赏美丽的夕阳
I'm sitting on your roof, taking in this gorgeous sunset.
你呢
You?
压力好大
Stressing.
你在担心钱的事吗
Is it about the money?
不止 还有别的
No. It's everything. I...
工作呀 孩子呀 还有塔克
My job, kids, Tucker.
我想我搞不好得把房♥子卖♥♥了
I think I might actually have to sell the house.
噢 这真的是大事
Ooh, that's a big one.
没错 但我听说有人会开着怪手
No kidding. I just know somebody's going to scoop it up
把房♥子夷为平地 一想到就令我心痛
and tear it down. And it just breaks my heart.
只要到了正确的时机 你就会知道该怎么做
Look. When the time is right, you'll know what to do.
刚才说的那句话 也是你的心灵鸡汤吗
Is that another one of your life lessons?
差不多在十年前 我离了婚
I went through a divorce ten years ago.
当时简直苦不堪言
It really knocked me on my ass.
你有孩子吗
Were there kids?
没有
No, no.
我们想先存点钱
We wanted to save up a little money
然后再成家
before starting a family and it turns out
没想到她另外找了别人 组成了幸福小家庭
she started one with somebody else.
天啊 这真是
Oh, my God. That...
你很不好受吧
You must have been...
简直痛不欲生 没错
Devastated. Yeah.
后来我恼羞成怒
And then I got angry and started blaming
电影精选列表