If you don't...
就得我跟他谈了
I'll have to talk to him.
你好 斯莱德 你好吗
Hey, Slide, how you doing?
其实吧 不怎么样
Umm, honestly, not too good.
-喝点吗 -波本
- Can I get you a drink? - Yeah. Bourbon.
-纯酒还是加冰 -纯的
- Neat or on the rocks? - Neat.
为什么那么说
Why is that?
还用问
Why?
哈皮的事
This thing with Happy, man.
-很沉重 非常沉重 -是吗
- It's heavy. It's really heavy. - Oh, is that so?
相当的了
Far out.
你知道这附近发生的所有事
You know everything that's happening around here.
哈皮吸毒吗
Did Happy do drugs?
哈皮也就吸吸罗丝
Happy's drug was Rose.
永远拜倒在她的石榴裙下
Couldn't get enough of that sweet ass.
贝琪知道罗丝吗
Did Becky know about Rose?
是啊 我们都知道
Hell, yeah. We all knew.
赌博赌得怎么样啊
How'd you do on the game?
赌多少输多少
I bet a little and I lose a little. You know?
米切尔呢
How'd Mitchell do?
该死 米切尔吗
Oh, shit. Mitchell?
他欠了博士一大笔钱
He owes Doc a shitload of money.
欠得太多 只能不管洛伦佐了
Got so bad, he had to let Lorenzo go.
那洛伦佐怎么样
Oh. How'd Lorenzo do?
输得毛都没剩
He lost his ass.
对于一个过去就是端便盆的人来说
You know, for a guy who used to change bedpans,
他已经混得不错了
he's got some pretty nice threads.
我觉得他在贩毒
You know what, I think he's dealing some dope.
贩点小毒无伤大雅 对吧
No harm in dealing a little dope, is there?
那么 哈皮会去他那儿买♥♥吗
Now, would Happy go to him to get drugs?
洛伦佐那儿吗
Lorenzo? Uhh...
不 他会去找米切尔
Nah, he would go to Mitchell.
毕竟他是医生 对不对
After all, he's a doctor, isn't he?
话说回来 你问我这些干什么
Now, why are you asking me all these questions?
你又不是不知道我 好奇心重
Hell, you know me. I'm just curious.
我不喜欢酒吧里那人的眼神
I didn't like the look of the guy at the bar,
所以我在外静候 看他会不会跟出来
so I decided to wait outside to see if he followed me.
结果 我反而看到了洛伦佐
Instead, I saw Lorenzo.
♪ 我两鬓白霜 ♪
♪ As I'm getting older ♪
♪ 想重返家乡 ♪
♪ I been thinking about moving back home ♪
♪ 那个我挚爱的天堂 ♪
♪ To my beloved heaven ♪
♪ 我厌倦这座城池 厌倦形单影只 ♪
♪ I'm tired of this city And I'm tired of being alone ♪
♪ 在那天堂 有我的兄弟 ♪
♪ And I've got folks back there in heaven ♪
♪ 等待着我的归期 ♪
♪ They are all waiting... ♪
我觉得很明显 他在毒品交易中
It was clear to me that he was a lot more involved
参与得远比斯莱德告诉我的要多
in the drug trade than Slide let on.
♪ 天堂之上 ♪
♪ Heavenly, oh, yeah ♪
听完了斯莱德的离奇童话
After listening to Slide's fairy tales,
我去了验尸官的办公室
I went by the coroner's office.
先不谈理论依据
Skipping the science lesson,
他说哈皮的死因是滥用兴♥奋♥剂♥
he said that it was tainted speed that had killed Happy.
我以为你只是碰巧经过
Thought you said you were just passing through.
这点有所改变
Well, that's changed.
简恩·亨特雇了你吗
Have you been hired by Jayne Hunt?
有什么好雇的呢
Hired to do what?
装什么装 保护贝琪啊
Oh, come on. Protect Becky.
哈皮一直在整个镇里公然出轨
Happy's been blatantly cheating on her all over town.
我觉得这已经很明显的
It seems like it's open-shut to me.
你怎么知道不是他乱搞的
How do you know it's not one of those endless Texas bluebonnets
无数蓝帽花之一干的
that he was deflowering,
蓝帽花:因其酷似当地妇女常戴的太阳帽 因此得名“蓝帽花”
或许他答应为她们离婚 但反悔了
promising he would leave his wife for them and didn't?
我才不信这鬼话
I don't buy it.
或者更有可能的是
Or maybe more likely,
如果他在场上一团糟
it's a bunch of people getting rich off of him
会有一群人受益
messing up on the field.
你想说什么
What are you getting at?
或许他们许诺了他多年前许诺我的东西
Maybe they made him the same deal they made me years ago.
但他们并不想他死 他们只想让他搞砸
But they didn't want him dead, they just wanted him to mess up.
知道我怎么想吗
You know what I think?
我觉得洛杉矶的阳光把你的智商晒干了
I think all that LA sunshine has done made you a bit loopy.
我倒觉得让我思路无比清晰
I think it's cleared my head up.
玫瑰屋
帮我点烟
Light me.
喝一杯吗
Wanna do a shot?
好的
All right.
两杯酒
Two.
敬哈皮
To Happy.
他真的是个很好的人
He really was a great guy.
这是你的丧裙吗
Is that your mourning dress?
黑色的 对吧
It's black, isn't it?
要看意味着什么
What there is of it.
他每次跟妻子回家你会吃醋吗
Did you get jealous every time he went home with his wife?
你是想知道我有没有杀他
You wanna know if I killed him?
洗耳恭听
I'd like to know that.
哈皮吸毒吗
Did Happy do drugs?
拜托 别再问了
Please, no more questions.
你之前是橄榄球员 我喜欢橄榄球员
You were a football player. I like football players.
但只要你们一开口 就不喜欢了
But not so much when they talk.
你喜欢观察
You like to watch? Huh?
-你喜欢观察吗 -什么
- Do you like to watch? - Excuse me?
-观察人 -人
- People. - People.
是啊 大概有点 算是习惯吧
Yeah, I guess I do. Kind of a habit.
那些男孩
Those boys...
总是窃窃私语
Always whispering.
遮遮掩掩 像我们不知道发生了什么
Being secretive, like we don't know what's really going on.
我注意到自从我离开以后
Well, I have noticed that since I've been gone
一切都变得有条理了一点
things have gotten a little bit more organized.
-是啊 我爸监听了整个州 -罗丝
- Oh, yeah. Daddy's got the whole state wired. - Rose.
我想和这位朋友聊上一会儿 小天使
I'd like to have a moment with my friend here, angel.
是 老爸
Yes, Daddy.
你和我 兜个风吧
Let's you and me take a ride.
好啊
All right.
我们走
Let's go.
我们有目的地吗
Are we going anywhere in particular?
你是来找那个范·普尔家的女人
You're here looking for that Van Poole woman.
是啊 没错
Yup, that's right.
我可以告诉你她在哪儿
I can tell you where she is.
那有劳你告诉我
Well, that would be nice.
但是如果我告诉你
But if I do that...
我要你回家去
I want you to go home.
我会给你个很好的回家礼物
I'll give you a healthy going away present.
卡森 你是个聪明人
Carson, you're a smart guy.
我相信你今天已经大概弄清了事情原委
I'm sure you've put most of the pieces together already.
我就是不想有人到处打探我的生意
I just can't have anybody poking around in my business.
说真的 博士
Honestly, Doc,
我对你的生意根本不感兴趣
I ain't interested in your business.
我知道简恩·亨特雇你保她女儿安全
I know Jayne Hunt hired you to keep her daughter safe.
我也知道你一直在芳草地疗养院打探
And I know you've been sniffing around Pleasant Meadows.
你这样不会有结果的
That's just not gonna work out for you.
那行吧
Then, all right.
芭芭拉·范·普尔在哪儿
Where is Barbara Van Poole?
死了
She's dead.
她归西去见尤利乌斯·恺撒了
She's as dead as Julius Caesar.
尤利乌斯·恺撒:罗马共和国的恺撒大帝
我也相信她不是唯一一个
And I'm sure she's not the only one.
没人会去在意的
Rich but crazy family members
富家疯子而已
that nobody ever gave a fuck about.
听着
Look,
你带着沃尔什的警方报告回洛杉矶
you go back to Los Angeles with a police report from Walsh.
我会让验尸官给你合法的死亡证明
I'll have the coroner give you a legitimate death certificate
以及给她亲属的丰厚遗嘱
and a nice will for her kin.