更加抱歉的是 让你辛苦白跑一趟
And I'm even more sorry that you came all this way for nothing.
要知道 我在这里坐了这么久
You know, the whole time that I was sitting here,
就没听见那个电♥话♥响过
that phone didn't ring once.
你是怎么不亏本的
How do you stay in business?
各位 早上好
Good morning, everyone.
今日的午餐特色是肉馅糕和肉汁
Today's lunch will feature meat loaf and gravy.
抱着我 你会没事的
You just hold me. You'll be fine.
我们有一些新客户
We have some new clients.
-你能搞定吗 -我没有...
- Can you handle it? - I don't have...
那小子还嫌不够 我们要怎么办
The kid wants more. What should we do?
那你就出面去解决这个小问题
You need to step up and take care of that little problem of ours.
-去 赶紧 -好的 再见
- Go, go, go. - Okay. Adios.
我会解决的
I'll take care of it.
我找到了她的档案 上面一片空白
I found her file. It was empty.
没有进展报告 没有药物名单
No progress reports. No med list.
患者档案
已付
账单
上面只有我客户的地址和一些账单
Just my client's address and a few paid statements.
他的患者大多数都过世了
Most of his patients had passed on.
看来这位好医生也有赌球的爱好
It seemed like the good doctor was also taking bets.
有意思的是
Interestingly though,
所有的赌注都押得克萨斯队输
all the bets were for us to lose.
你可以在这边坐坐
You can sit down right here.
今天天气不错 你可以在外面听听比赛
Such a pretty day. You can listen to the game outside.
今天是晴空万里的加尔维斯顿比赛日
It's ball day here in sunny Galveston,
哈皮·钱德勒希望带领他的队伍摘得桂冠
where Happy Chandler hopes to lead his team to a victory...
我们要进去了
We're gonna go inside.
有需要就叫我们 好吗
You let us know if you need anything, all right?
哈皮带队触地得分领先 而他精彩的
Happy leads the Conference in TD passes and his electrifying...
你是从
Did you come from...
上面来的吗
up there?
对 没错
Yes, I did.
天啊
Oh, goodness.
来吧 我帮你
Here, let me help you.
好吧 谢谢
All right. Thank you.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
有点走不稳
A bit wobbly.
你认识芭芭拉·范·普尔吗
You wouldn't know a Barbara Van Poole, would you?
认识 但我有一段时间没见到她了
Yes. But I've not seen her for a long time.
你知道她可能会去哪吗
Any idea where she might be?
不知道 这里的人会凭空蒸发
No. People just disappear here.
这里是不祥之地
This is a bad place.
接近中场休息 尽管哈皮·钱德勒
As we approach halftime, New Mexico still leads
漂亮的触地传球 新墨西哥队仍然领先
even after that beautiful TD pass from Happy Chandler...
谁在外面吵吵嚷嚷
What is all the racket out here... Oh!
你好菲利浦斯先生
Hi, Mr. Phillips.
不好意思吵到你了 这个
I'm sorry. Would you...
可以帮我冲洗一下这卷胶片吗
Would you mind getting me this film developed?
当然可以
Oh, sure.
你怎么了
What the hell happened to you?
我摔了一跤
I fell.
你衣服上都是新鲜的泥巴
That's fresh dirt.
如果你需要的话 我可以帮你清洗干净
I can get that cleaned up for you, if you want.
好的 那太好了
All right. That'd be nice.
给你 谢谢 非常感谢
Here. Thank you. I appreciate it much.
今晚的比赛进行的如何
How's the game going?
哈皮的表现一团糟
Happy's messing it all up.
我们少了一个触地 但目前总分领先11分
We're behind by a touchdown, but we're favored by 11.
好吧 现在为时尚早
Well, it's still early.
除了那次漂亮的冲跑
Except for that one breathtaking run,
今天的比赛对哈皮·钱德勒不太友好
a terrible game so far for Happy Chandler.
钱德勒的传球表现很糟糕
Abysmal passing by Chandler.
五次拦截
Five interceptions.
他们都走了 菲利浦斯先生
They're gone, Mr. Phillips.
18人中的有5人都
Five of 18 on the day...
他们说他们会回来的
They said they'd be back.
谁
Who?
四个人开着一辆黑色道奇 加州车牌
Four guys in a black Dodge, California plates.
他们是你的朋友吗
They friends of yours?
不 不算是
Well, not exactly.
你能帮我留意一下他们吗
Would you mind keeping an eye on them for me?
他们也给了我一百块让我监视你
They gave me a hundred to keep an eye on you!
不 不用再给了 我虽然收了他们的钱
No. No need. I took their money, but...
不过我眼神不太好
I don't see so good.
哈皮·钱德勒今天第三次被拦截了
Third interception today for Happy Chandler.
糟糕 哈皮还没站起来
Oh, no. Happy is still down.
他好像不能动了
He does not seem to be moving.
训练员进场了 他挥手叫拿担架
The trainer is on the field, and he's waving for the stretcher.
看起来不太好 钱德勒被抬出了球场
This does not look good. Chandler being carted off the field.
人群已经完全安静了 他们都惊呆了
The crowd has gone completely quiet. They are stunned.
不好意思 不好意思 借过一下
Excuse me. Excuse me. Coming through.
-不要过来 退后 -可那是我丈夫
- Stay back. Stay back. - That's my husband.
-请退后 -那是我丈夫
- Stay back. - That's my husband!
那是我丈夫
That's my husband!
请让一下
Please stand aside.
我不知道该说什么
I didn't know what to say.
经过这么多年 再次见面应该是完美的
After all these years, it had to be perfect.
可现实却是
And let's face it,
隔着相望没有机会寒暄
the situation wasn't exactly conducive to small talk.
我想过简恩
I thought about Jayne.
我想过哈皮躺在冰石板上而不是他妻子旁
I thought about Happy lying on a slab instead of next to his wife.
我想过失踪的芭芭拉·范·普尔
I thought about the missing Barbara Van Poole
还有我们那位神秘的医生
and the mysterious doctor.
最重要的是 我想喝点酒
Most importantly, I thought about having a drink...
而且 不止一杯
and not a small one.
-请讲 -卡森
- Yeah. - Carson?
我是简恩
It's Jayne.
你能上我家来一下吗 我想和你谈谈
Can you come up to the house? I'd like to talk.
在昨天之前 我已经20年没见过她了
Before yesterday, I hadn't seen her in 20 years.
我确定自己早已对她没有感觉了
I had pretty much convinced myself that I was over her.
但这也不是我第一次判断失误
But that's not the first time I've been wrong.
你好 先生 请进
How you doing, sir? Come inside.
-你好吗 -我很好 请跟我来
- How are you? - I'm doing good. Follow me.
请坐
Come sit right here.
-谢谢 -应该的
- Thank you. - No problem.
-她一会就来 -好的
- She'll be right with you shortly. All right.
卡森你好
Hello, Carson.
你好 简恩
Hello, Jayne.
你想喝点什么吗
Would you like a drink?
现在才早上十点半
Well, it's 10:30 in the morning.
以前常喝的
The usual?
你混得不错
You did well.
也不算
Not really.
但是 你看起来什么都不缺的样子
Well, it looks like you got everything you need.
外表是有迷惑性的 卡森
Looks can be deceiving, Carson.
查理怎么了
So, what happened with Charlie?
他死了
He died.
就在花♥园♥里心脏病发作了
Had a heart attack right there in the garden.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
天下没有免费午餐
There's no free lunches.
他什么都想要 到头来...
He wanted it all. Turns out...
拥有一切了又承受不起
having everything was a little too much for him.
你介意我问他做什么的吗
You mind my asking what he did for work?
石油生意
He was in oil.
那难怪赚钱容易
Oh, that's simple.
以前并不容易 现在也是
It wasn't. And it isn't.
所有表面美好的东西 实际是有代价的
Like everything too good to be true, it comes at a price.
别说我了 你呢 你过得好吗
Enough about me. How about you? You doing well?
勉强混日子而已
Well, I get by.
这点我们一样
Well, we have that in common.
我想雇用你