I'd like to hire you.
我是说 你现在是个私♥家♥侦♥探♥ 对吧
I mean, that's what you do now, right? You're a private investigator?
是的 我就是干这行的
Yeah, that's what I do.
我现在需要各种帮助
I'm gonna need all the help I can get.
这仍是个小镇 人们除了聊天还是聊天
It's still a small town and people have nothing to do but talk.
都聊什么
Talk about what?
那还用说吗
Oh, come on.
你见过几个22岁运动员
How many 22-year-old athletes do you see
在球场上抽搐的
convulsing on the football field?
他的确被撞得很厉害
Well, he got hit pretty hard.
发生抽搐也很正常
And that happens.
不过 我已经听到谣言了
Yeah, well, I've already heard rumors.
他们认为这与橄榄球无关
They don't think this was football related.
沃尔什警长是个白♥痴♥
Sheriff Walsh is an idiot.
他要的就是尽快找到一个人认罪
He'll want a quick and clean answer.
我们都知道他 愚蠢至极
We both know his... stupidity is limitless.
那他是怎么当上警长的
Well, how'd he get to be sheriff, anyway?
只有一个原因
That very reason.
这个地方真的糟糕 卡森
It's a bad place, Carson.
比你想象得还要糟糕
Far worse than you can imagine.
博士控制着这里所有的人和事
Doc owns everything and everybody.
多年来 我都很恨你离开
For years, I hated you for leaving.
不过现在看来 我开始觉得
Over time, I came to understand that...
那是你做得最聪明的一件事
escaping this place was the smartest thing you could do.
哈皮一直在和那个荡♥妇♥罗丝厮混
Happy was running around town with that slut, Rose.
我女儿反倒成了被人瞧不起的妻子
My daughter's a scorned wife.
所以他们首先会怀疑她的
This is the first place they'll come looking.
好吧
All right.
你慢慢给我讲讲来龙去脉吗
Why don't we just slow down, just take one step at a time?
贝琪这几年来一直都过得很不容易
Becky hasn't had it easy these past few years.
好吧
All right.
查理死后 我
After Charlie died, I...
主动去芳草地疗养院待了段时间
I admitted myself to Pleasant Meadows for a while.
我去过那里了 简恩
I've been there, Jayne.
那不像你的风格
That ain't your style.
你一向都像钉子一样坚强
You're as tough as nails.
钉子生了锈 卡森
Those nails got rusty, Carson.
也许你能帮我个忙
Maybe you can help me with something.
你想打听疗养院那个女人
About the woman in the sanitarium?
芭芭拉·范·普尔吗
Barbara Van Poole?
我告诉过你 这个镇上没有秘密
I told you. There's no secrets in this town.
那你在那的时候见过她吗
Did you ever meet her when you were there?
当然 我见过
Sure, I did.
但那是很久以前的事了
That was a while ago.
那为什么我要找她就这么难呢
Why is it that I'm having such a hard time getting ahold of her?
我也不知道
I don't know.
我走之后 把所有精力都用在贝琪身上
When I left, I put all my energy into raising Becky.
该死的 她怎么也爱上个橄榄球运动员
Goddamn it, she had to fall in love with a football player!
听起来很熟悉对吧
That sound familiar?
我们那时太年轻了 卡森
We were too young, Carson.
就像现在的他们一样
Just like them.
埃米尔会负责把定金给你
Emile will take care of your first payment,
然后送你出去
and he will see you out.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
见鬼
Oh... shit.
我联♥系♥洛杉矶的客户想汇报进展情况
I reached out to my client in LA to give her an update,
然而 她的电♥话♥怎么也打不通
but oddly, her number had been disconnected.
我无法拒绝简恩
I couldn't say no to Jayne,
所以我决定我先去问验尸官
so I decided my first questions would be for the coroner,
但不知道原因 他完全不回我的电♥话♥
who for some reason chose not to return any of my calls.
来个热狗吗 伙计
Hot dog, buddy.
我一上午都在找你
I have been looking for you all morning.
-你哪位 -我是卡森·菲利浦斯
- And who are you? - I'm Carson Phillips.
是你 我上午一直在忙
Oh, yeah. I've been rather busy.
我看得出来
I can see that.
-我来请 -你不用这么客气
- My treat. - You don't have to do that.
我需要向你打听下关于哈皮·钱德勒的事
I need some information about Happy Chandler.
他死了
He's dead.
我需要了解更多的信息
I need a little more information than that.
你不需要给钱
It's not about the money.
请你别捣乱好吗
Now, will you please stop?
他受了很重的一击
He took a big shot.
我想问的是那是致命的吗
But was it the hit that killed him?
那一击有点狠
The hit was vicious.
他的锁骨 股骨等都断了
It broke his collar bone, fractured his femur...
-不过 -不过
- But? - But...
我们在他血液中检查出来大量麻黄碱
we found extremely high levels of ephedrine and
和一些其他不确定的化学物质
some yet to be determined chemical substance in his blood.
那到底是什么意思呢
Now what exactly does that mean?
这个 有些运动员会把它当作兴♥奋♥剂♥
Well, some of these athletes use it as a stimulant.
我们把血液送到达拉斯实验室进行全面分♥析♥
But we've sent it to the lab in Dallas for a full analysis.
几天后就会有结果了
Should have the results back in a few days.
到时候可以通知我结果吗
Can I count on you when that does come through?
当然
Absolutely.
-小简 -博士
- Jaynie. - Doc.
-你气色很好 -谢谢 你也是
- You get on wonderful. - Well, thank you. So do you.
先来一杯我私人珍藏的桃红起泡酒怎样
How about a nice glass of rosé from my private stock?
听起来不错 这里看起来还是那么美好
Sounds great. Your place is so lovely, as always.
对一个得克萨斯西部来的穷小子来说不差吧
Not bad for a poor kid from West Texas, huh?
你今天是为你女儿来的 是吗
You're here about your daughter, aren't you?
你认为我能帮得上忙
And you think I can help.
博士 我们都清楚她和哈皮的死无关
Doc, you and I both know she had nothing to do with Happy's death.
哈皮的被害
Happy's murder.
好 被害
Fine, murder.
她这个年纪就成了寡妇已经够糟糕了
It's bad enough she's a widow at this age.
现在她还是头号♥嫌疑犯
Now she's the number one suspect?
的确得承认 这看起来对她不利
You have to admit, it doesn't look good.
你愿意的话你可以让沃尔什警长别针对她
You could call off Sheriff Walsh if you wanted to.
你这是在奉承我认为我有这种影响力
You flatter me if you think I have that kind of influence.
得了 博士
Oh, please, Doc.
如果你愿意的话 潮汐都任你调遣
You could affect the tides if you wanted to.
好吧 假如我给沃尔什打了电♥话♥
All right. Let's say I do call Walsh...
让他按你的意愿行事
get him to do what you want.
我能得到什么
What do I get?
你有什么想法呢
What do you have in mind?
既然你提到了潮汐
Well, you mentioned the tides.
我倒是对岸边的一些东西感兴趣
I'm interested in what's offshore.
我想你也是
I bet you are.
你认为是谁让政♥府♥不要调查你的亡夫的
Who do you think kept the State off your late husband?
那么多的毒性报告
All those toxicity reports.
当然他也算是罪有应得
He paid for some of this.
所以你看
So you see...
我其实一直在帮你
I've been helping you all along.
多少
How much?
我将作为你的搭档
I'll be your partner.
占股49%
Forty-nine percent.
这都是看你面子
For you, of course.
我的律师会联♥系♥你的
My attorney will be in touch.
很好
Good.
对了 还有一件事
Oh, and one other thing.
你的
Your...
旧情人 卡森
old paramour, Carson...
我知道你雇了他
I know you hired him.
但是你得让他收手了
But you have to call him off now.
让他别再到处打听
Get him to stop snooping around.
光是打草惊蛇就会破坏很多生意
He could undo a lot of business just by making noise.
你想让我做什么
And what are you suggesting?
你可以用我做不到的方式说服他
You can convince him in ways that I can't.
现在又是谁在吹捧谁了
Now who's flattering who?
我会尽力的
I'll do my best.
如果你不尽力