真是废物 对吧
What a screwup, huh?
现在就开始羞辱人了是吗
Oh? We're insulting now?
你在自己的比赛下注 故意放水
I mean, betting on your own games, shaving points.
老兄 你以前靠打球功成名就
Man, you had the world by the balls,
然后你又自己亲手毁掉
and you just threw it all away.
你自己作何感想
How's that make you feel?
我也说不清 或许有一天你能告诉我
I don't know. Maybe one day you'll tell me.
那不太可能 我可不会收贿赂 老头
That's not likely. I don't have a price, old man.
-那是因为别人还没开价 -话太多了
- Everybody's got a price. - So much talk.
没错 我还在这坐着呢
Yeah. I'm way down here.
哈皮 待会儿来我办公室
Happy, I'll see you later in my office.
再见 卡森
See you around, Carson.
好了 聪明鬼
All right, slick,
让我们见识一下你在大城市学到什么本事
let's see what you learned in the big city.
-好吧 -先生们 请押注
- All right. - Ante up, gentlemen.
见鬼 你逗我呢 滚开
Fuck. Are you kidding me? Fuck it.
于是我就那样 坐在牌桌旁
So there I was, sitting at a poker table,
周围都是一群发小
surrounded by the people I grew up with.
尽管我已经离开了二十多年
And even though I'd been gone for over 20 years,
我都不敢相信自己能够
I couldn't believe how easily
如此容易地和过去融为一体
I slipped back into the pace and rhythm of my past.
那位是宾·沃尔什 以前和他打过橄榄球
There was Bing Walsh, who I played football with.
我敢肯定他到现在都没接过一个大案子
I was certain the next big case he saw would be his first.
我不玩了
I'm done.
-全押 -这位先生全押
- I'm all in. - He's all in.
这位是斯莱德 正宗嬉皮士
Then there was Slide, the original hippy.
他嗑过的致幻药可能比蒂莫西·利里还多
He probably dropped more acid than Timothy Leary.
蒂莫西·利里:致幻药物的效应和用途研究者
嬉皮士运动狂热的奠基人之一
抱歉 博士 我要走了
Sorry, Doc. I'm outta here.
-我全押 -最后就是博士本人了
- All in. - Lastly, there was Doc.
他从小镇上的赌注登记人一步步起家
He went from being a small-town bookie
发展成为这个州里权势滔天的经纪人
to one of the biggest power brokers in the state.
-光这一点就足以令人钦佩了 -见鬼
- That in itself had to be respected... - Chinga!
要知道 他可是得克萨斯的黑人
considering he was a black man... in Texas.
只有老手能玩到最后
Only the big dogs left.
-可能是同花顺 -不跟
- Possible straight. - Check.
你了解我的 我要押就会押全部
You know me, Doc. All or nothing.
像你这样子的思维方式往往会导致
That line of thinking tends to lead more towards nothing...
满盘皆输
than something.
跟注
Call.
这个世界本就充满风险
We live in a world that's full of risk.
一条龙
That makes a straight.
我的就没有
I don't.
博士赢了 恭喜
Doc wins. Congratulations.
满堂红比一条龙大
Full house beats a straight.
我从不失手 卡森
I never lose, Carson.
玛丽·苏 帮我把这些筹码兑现
Mary Sue, cash those chips in for me.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
休息一下 我请你喝一杯吧
Let's take a break. I'll buy you a drink.
波本 对吧
Bourbon, isn't it?
对
Yep.
玛丽的事我很遗憾
Really sorry to hear about Marie.
已经十二年了
Been 12 years now.
去他妈的癌症
Fucking cancer.
镇上差不多一半的人都得了癌
Nearly half the town got sick with it.
你去见简恩了吗
You seen Jayne yet?
没 没有
No. No.
该死 我都不知道见面要跟她说什么
Oh, hell, I wouldn't know what to say to her.
她现在是个寡妇了
She's a widow now.
她有一个漂亮女儿 叫贝琪
Got a beautiful daughter, Becky.
嫁给了那个白♥痴♥
Married to that idiot.
我后面还有一帮兄弟
I still got guys behind me.
-你个狗♥娘♥养♥的 -糟糕 打起来了
- Son of a bitch! - Oh, hell, here we go.
冷静点 哥们 哈皮
Chill out, man. Hey, hey, Happy.
闹够了没有
Now, all right!
你♥他♥妈♥什么毛病
The hell's the matter with you?
比赛前一晚还跟人打架
Starting a fistfight on the night before a big game.
你是疯逼了吗
Have you lost your mind?
回家找你老婆去
Go home to your wife.
你要敢跟我动手
Look. You take a swing at me and I can assure you,
选拔赛你就别想了
you'll lose your spot for the draft.
听明白了吗
You understand?
冷静一点
Settle down.
回去吧 小子
Go home, son.
我记得你
I remember you.
你的小猫咪呢
Where's your kitty cat?
它更喜欢呆在洛杉矶
Well, he prefers LA.
有阳光 有美女
The sun, the women.
格雷戈里先生想跟你谈谈
Mr. Gregory wants to speak to you.
看到了
I see that.
给我转过身去
Turn the fuck around!
你真该找个身手好点的
You really need to get better help.
菲利浦斯先生 她在哪
Where is she, Mr. Phillips?
我不知道
I have no idea.
我要她回来
I want her back.
人我找到了 也给你把她带回家了
Now look, I found her, I brought her home to you,
你也付钱给我了
and you paid me for that.
得了吧 她就在家呆了几个小时
Come on, she was only home for a few hours,
然后收拾东西又走人了
she packed some things, and she was off again.
-这跟我一毛钱关系也没有 -有关系
- And that is not my problem! - Oh, but it is.
有人在机场看到你跟她在一起
You were seen at the airport with her,
你还送她上了飞机
putting her on a plane.
我现在就要你把她找回来 带她回家
Now, I want you to go get her and bring her home.
就算我知道她在哪 我也不干
Even if I knew where she was, and I don't,
你觉得我在知道你的所作所为之后
do you think that I would bring her to you
还会把她送入虎口吗
knowing what you did to her?
她对你说了什么
What did she say to you?
说什么 说我虐待她了吗
I mean, what? What? That I abused her?
说她只是需要一个安全的地方吗
That she just needed a safe place?
还是说她只是希望睡觉的时候不用开着灯
She just once wanted to sleep and not have to leave the light on?
我还以为你是个聪明人
I thought you were smart.
没想到是个蠢货
You're a sucker.
看到漂亮姑娘哭哭啼啼就毫无招架之力
Sucker for a pretty girl and a sob story.
我要是你就会先去查查真假
I'd look into that if I were you.
给我小心点 卡森
Watch your back, Carson.
-快点起来 -他说的没错
- Come on, get up! - He was right.
他女儿编了个故事骗我
His daughter had spun quite a tale
好叫我帮她逃走
to get me to help her get away.
他也应该也猜到了 蠢笨如我
And he was smart enough to know that I was dumb enough
肯定会给她一笔钱跑路
to give her the money.
这一次 又是一个美女和她的悲惨故事
Once again, a beautiful woman with a sob story.
你觉得我总会吸取教训了吧
You figure I'd have learned my lesson by now.
做梦吧
Not a chance.
菲利浦斯先生
Mr. Phillips.
我等得花都谢了
I got tired of waiting.
你没打电♥话♥给我
You never called.
你真不守信用
You are not a gentleman.
-芭芭拉怎么样了 -她很好 在休息
- How's Barbara? - Barbara is fine. She's resting.
今天是球赛日
It's a game day.
我工作上的事忙过头了
I got a little bit carried away with my affairs,
很抱歉没打电♥话♥给你 我忘了
and I'm sorry I did not call. I forgot.
好吧 我人在这了
Well, I'm here now,
你就不用打电♥话♥了
so you don't have to call.
她不想见任何人
She doesn't want to see anybody.
是这样 也用不了多长时间
Now look, it'll only take a minute, and...
况且她的家人很担心
her family is concerned.
我觉得我们已经谈过了 菲利浦斯先生
I feel like we have had this conversation already, Mr. Phillips.
你我心知肚明她的家人到底想要什么
We both know what the family wants.
很抱歉 作为她的医生 我不建议
I'm sorry, as her doctor, I cannot recommend
她和陌生人见面
that she sees a stranger.