院长肯定会对我怀恨在心,他手下的宿舍主管以及所有人也是如此
The Governor will really have it in for me,what with being his house leader and all.
院长只会打有把握的赌,如果你不是他有把握的那个人,伙计
The Governor only bets on certs,and if you're not a lay-down cert, mate.
哦,但你是啊
Well, you are.
我以前是-注意,注意。看守过来了
I was.- Nit, nit. Screw's coming.
好啦,小子们,排好队,还有,Stacey,把水关掉
All right, lads, in line here,and, Stacey, cut that hose off.
工具都放下。快点,其它人,集♥合♥!
Put the tools away.Come on, the rest of you, move!
好,齐步,走!
Right, quick, march!
过来
Come on.
我觉得Stacey会逃-哦,少来了
I think Stacey's got away.- Oh, do leave off.
我一上午都跟他在一起-这都要怪那个讨厌鬼,Smith
I've been with him all morning.- It's all down to that bum, Smith.
注意,看守过来了-嗯,小伙子们
Hold up, screws.- All right, lads
有谁见到Stacey了?-他晚点来吃午餐
have any of you seen Stacey?- He's got a late lunch.
有多少人跟你说要晚点来吃午餐,Craig先生?
How many late lunches you got, Mr. Craig?
四个,但不包括Stacey
Four late lunches,Stacey's not one of them.
他今早参加哪个小组的活动?-Cooper,哪个小组?
What party was he on this morning?- Cooper, what party?
说话,小子-园艺小组,长官
Come on, lad.- Gardening party, sir.
我去跟教官核实一下
I'll check it out with the officer.
说吧,Robins,你知道Stacey在哪
Come on, Robins,you know where Stacey is.
哦,别烦我,好不?-Walsh,你是他的哥们
Oh, leave me alone, will you?- Walsh, you're his mate
你知道吗?-我打从昨天就没看见他
what about you?- I ain't seen him since yesterday.
那你知不知道?他去哪了?-他去度蜜月啦
How about you? Where is he?- He's gone on his honeymoon.
那么,出什么事了?-你最后见到Stacey是什么时候?
What's the matter, then?- When did you last see Stacey?
就在午饭前。我让他去关水了
Just before lunch.I sent him to cut the hoses off.
我过去看看-好
I'll check and find out.- Right.
看来有人逃走了,Fenton先生
Looks as if we got one away, Mr. Fenton.
哦-我去告知队长
Yeah.- I'll get the Chief.
好-别管有人逃走的事啦
Yeah.- Never mind about one away
这该死的土豆跟水泥一个味儿-想抱怨就去找厨师
this bloody potato tastes like cement.- All complaints to the cook.
这肉汤跟白开水似的-好了,住嘴
This gravy's like water.- All right, cut it out.
他们到底想干什么,把这些难吃的肉作为秘密保护起来吗?
What they trying to do,keep this meat a secret?
是的,你们在把肉给我们之前要先杀了它
Yeah, you wanna kill this meat before you give it to us.
如果我老妈知道我在吃这些垃圾的话,她一定会他妈的疯掉
If my old woman knew I was eating this rubbish, she'd go bleeding nuts.
住手
Cut it out.
住手!
Cut it out!
够了,小伙子们-小子们,够了,住手
Cut it out, lads.- Lads, come on, break it up.
放轻松,放轻松-好了
Take it easy, take it easy.- All right.
住手!
Cut it out!
停下来!
Break it up!
好了,住手!
Come on, cut it out!
够了!
That's enough!
好了,安静!够了,冷静下来!别闹了
Come on, keep it quiet!Come on, quiet you down now! Come on.
Joseph,别敲了!
Joseph, break it up!
住手!快点,停下来!
Shut up! Come on, break it up!
住手!-安静!
Shut up!- Quiet!
安静!
Quiet!Come on, cut it out!
快点,停下来!
This isn't funny. Keep it down.
这不是闹着玩的。够了
This isn't funny. Keep it down.
这里的食物都是臭的!
The food in this place stinks!
那边的快住手!
Break it up there!
停下来!
Stop that!
好吧,让我们来听听你的看法,Roach-我觉得这可能是Smith的过错,长官
Well, let's hear what you think, Roach.- I feel it might have been Smith's fault, sir.
他是个有点难搞的角色。我...-只是打场架有什么难搞的
He's a somewhat complex character. I...- There's nothing complex about a fight.
就我看来,可能是Stacey先挑衅的
In my opinion,Stacey may have provoked him to it.
无论如何,现在Stacey跑了,我没法采取任何措施。
In any case, with Stacey gone,there's no action that I can take
所以打架的事先这么算了。你怎么说,Fenton?
so that disposes of the fight.What do you say, Fenton?
哦,我觉得事情可能是这样Stacey很在意他的位置
Well, I suppose it's possible, sir,that Stacey took it a bit hard.
他对自己的地位很是骄傲,这对他来说意义重大
He was proud of his position,it meant a good deal to him.
没错
Yes.
Fenton先生,当然这是我们的一个政策,让小伙子努力用功
Mr. Fenton, surely it's part of our policy here, to drive a boy hard
然后,当他身陷困境之时,看他有什么反应
and then, when he's in a tight corner,
watch the reaction.
我觉得也是-哦,当然是了
I suppose it is.- Well, of course, it is.
通过给小伙子压力,你才能知道他有多大价值
By putting pressure on a boy,you begin to know what he's worth.
还是没有Stacey的消息,长官,不过我们已经控制住其他人了
No news of Stacey, yet, sir,but we have the others under control.
都平静下来了?-是的,长
All quietened down?- Yes, sir.
我们把三个领头的关起来了
We have the three ring leaders in the cellblock.
我估计不会再有人生事了-很好
I don't think we'll have anymore trouble.- Good.
队长,鉴于发生了这些事,我建议取消今晚的音乐会
Chief, it wouldn't surprise you,in view of what's occurred
你应该不会感到惊讶吧?
if I put off tonight's concert.
不会的,长官,这样可以给他们一个教训
No, sir, it would teach them a lesson.
可能吧,不过我还是决定不这样做了
Perhaps, but I have decided against it.
音乐会如期进行,而且我们还将迎来运动日
The concert will take place,and we'll have our Sports Day.
队长,我希望你和全体员工充分理解我
Chief, I hope that you and the staff know me well enou
要相信我最不愿做的事情便是以任何破坏纪律的行为
to believe that the last thing I'd do would be to make your work here
来使你们的工作更加难做
anymore difficult by,in any way, undermining discipline.
当然,长官-如果我们把这些麻烦事
Certainly, sir.- lf we make too much of this
闹大了
spot of bother
就会损害我们与公众的关系
we may damage our relations with the public, generally
也会损害与Ranley学校管理者们的关系
and also with the governors of Ranley School.
确实。确实
Quite. Quite.
605
00:42:10,491 --》 00:42:11,684
好吧,坦白跟你们讲
Well, it's no secret to any of you
我很重视这次运动日能和
that I regard this opportunity of joining forces
公立学校合作的机会,这是我校历史上一次重大的进步
with a public school on our Sports Day,as a great step forward in our history
在少年感化院历史上也是如此
in Borstal history.
所以,Padre,你不需要取消有关今晚音乐会的安排
So, Padre, there's no need for you to cancel any of your arrangements
此外,在音乐会开始前
for tonight's concert,except, I want to talk to the lads
我要跟小伙子们谈谈-没问题,长官
before it starts.- Very good, sir.
好了,先生们,会就开到这里吧
Well, gentlemen, I think that's about all.
Brown先生,我能跟您说几句吗?-当然可以
Mr. Brown, may I have a word with you?- Certainly.
有什么想法,Roach?
Something on your mind, Roach?
对于Stacey我很遗憾,长官。他缺席运动会这太糟糕了
It's a pity about Stacey, sir.He'll be badly missed at the sports.
别担心。我们会从Ranley手上抢到奖杯的
Don't worry.We'll take that cup from Ranley.
您是说Smith?
You're thinking about Smith?
哦,我这辈子见过些跑步好手。相信我,他会给我们所有人惊喜的
Well, I've seen some runners in my time.Believe me, he'll surprise us all.
对于今天早上在食堂发生的示♥威♥活动
This morning's demonstration in the dining hall
看来很难让人忘记
is something that I shall have to make a pretty good effort to forget.
如果你们对食物有任何合理的抱怨
If you have any reasonable complaint about the food
得在适当的时间向适当的人提出
it must be made at the proper time and to the proper person
也就是说向我反映。好了,都要知道并且记住这点
and that is to me.Now, understand that and remember it.
当然,我知道引发这次示♥威♥的原因。有个小子逃跑了
Of course, I know what sparked this on.
A boy has absconded.
碰巧,他是一个我们非常看重的小伙子
As it happens, he was a boy that we thought very highly of.
我们会抓到他的
He will be caught.
他会被带回来接受严厉惩罚
He'll be brought back and severely punished.
我听说他之所以逃跑其中一个原因是他感到失望
I'm told that one of the reasons he did it was that he was disappointed.
失望?
Disappointed?
我想知道他是否意识到这对我来说有多么失望
I wonder if he realizes how disappointing this is for me.
这里有着良好的声誉,无论是谁在声誉上抹黑
This place has a very good record,and anybody who lets that record down
都是在你们每个人脸上抹黑
is letting each one of you down.
好,现在来看看好的方面吧
And, now, to look on the brighter side.
你们都知道运动日那天我们将与Ranley学校对抗...呃,是合作
You all know about the Sports Dayagainst Ranley, with Ranley
和那些跟你们一样的小伙子们一起,只不过他们有些优点
with boys very much like yourselves,except they've had several advantages
是你们没有的
that you have not.
我希望你们能取胜,而且我尤其希望你们能赢得长跑比赛的
I want you to win, and, in particular,I want you to win that challenge cup
优胜奖杯
for the long distance.
为此,如果没有别的原因,我决定就此拉开
For that, if for no other reason,I've decided to let the curtain go up
我们今晚音乐会的大幕
on our concert tonight.
好了,尽情欢乐吧,并且为我们到场的朋友报以热烈的掌声
So, enjoy yourselves,and give our friends here a good hand.
小伙子们,今晚我们很荣幸请到了
Lads, we are very luckyto have here, tonight
你们的一位老朋友,也是我的老朋友
a very old friend of yours, and of mine
Roland Benton先生,为我们带来鸟类模仿表演
Mr. Roland Benton,with his bird imitations.
那就让我们热烈欢迎他上场
So, let's give him a really warm welcome.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
那么,现在我想要你们和我一起在一条英国的乡间小路上散步
And, I'd like you now to come with me on a walk down an English country lane.
在那边,我们看见停在农夫Giles的篱笆上的
And, over there, what do we see sitting on Farmer Giles' fence
是一只画眉
but a blackbird.
现在,小伙子们,我想要你们加入进来
Now, lads, I want you to join with us
齐唱那首你们在礼拜堂里经常听到的赞美诗
in singing that fine old hymn you've heard so often in chapel
耶路撒冷
Jerusalem.
谢谢
Thank you.
电影精选列表