Just up and left?
过世
Brutal.
是 -很遗憾
Yeah. - Sorry.
你还得继续过日子 我想
You go on, I guess.
我是这么想
I guess.
我老婆也离开我了
My wife left me.
喔
Oh.
十年前
Ten years ago.
跟客兄跑了
Found somebody else, tells me he's the love of her life.
喔
Ouch.
可以吗
Right?
这困扰我好久了
I mean, it's been a decade, and I still feel it.
这
Well...
嗯 你下课后还有别的事吗
Listen, I... um, do you do anything outside of school...
譬如说家教之类的
you know, like, uh, private students?
你想上课吗
What are we talking, lessons?
是啊
Yes.
没错 我想上
Exactly. Lessons.
这个嘛 我很少
Well, uh, I-I don't usually.
喔
Oh.
是这样的
Um, well, listen,
之前我有上过一些
I-I have taken classes before.
但没完成
This is... I'm not a complete amateur.
我的画室还没整理好
My studio's not really set up for that.
喔
Oh.
要不去我家
Well, wait. You could come to my house.
可以吧
Right?
好吗
Okay?
先给你电♥话♥号♥码
Uh, I could, uh, give you my number,
现在就写给你
uh, and I'll write it down for you here, right?
然后你考虑考虑
And then you could, you know, think about it.
顺便写上我名字
Um... I'll write my name down,
然后呢
and you could, you know,
考虑一下如何收费
think about how much you would charge,
或其他 好吗
the whole bit, all right?
不管怎样 先谢谢啦
So anyway, thanks.
谢谢
Thanks.
嗨
Hi.
嗨
Hi.
哇呜 你还真来了
Wow. I can't believe you're here.
难道不该来吗
Why wouldn't I be?
请进
Come on in.
谢了
Thanks.
哇呜
Wow.
好漂亮的房♥子
Beautiful house.
谢谢
Thank you.
谁设计的啊
Who's the architect?
我前夫
Uh, my husband, actually.
还有拉斯查的画
And the Ruscha?
你是收藏家吗
So are you the art collector?
喔 不 他才是
Uh, no, that was him too.
喔 莉茂喜啊
Well, good for you.
他留给你房♥子还有这些画
He splits, you get the house and all the artwork.
还有别的 想看吗
There's some more in here if you'd like to have a look.
好啊
Okay.
请进
Come on in.
你一直在加州从事美术工作吗
So you'd consider yourself a California artist?
不尽然
No.
之前应该是全世界跑透透的
No, I'm more of an all-over kind of guy.
啊兵哥
Army brat, third generation.
喔
Oh.
我在被征募前就报名了
I signed up before they could draft me.
然后回来
Well, you made it back okay.
是那样
Yeah, I did.
花了不少时间
Took my time.
几乎就是徒步回来
Kind of... kind of walked back.
徒步回来
You walked back?
我先搭货机到吉隆坡
Well, I caught a cargo plane to Kuala Lumpur,
然后坐船到本地治里市 (少年Pi的家乡 扯吧)
got on a boat to Pondicherry,
再北上到尼泊尔
went up India to Nepal,
南下到巴基斯坦喀拉蚩
down to Karachi,
横跨中亚
across the Middle East,
在北非 摩洛哥待一阵子
North Africa, spent a little time in Morocco.
在法国待的比较久
I actually lived in France for quite a while
十年后再到了纽约
and wound up in New York ten years later.
哇呜
Wow.
然后回来继续美术工作
So you came back an artist.
或许是 或许比较像是
Yeah, well, I think it was more
我在找什么
I was looking for the one thing
这可把我老爸惹恼了
that would piss my father off the most.
我一直很往往波西米亚人的 生活方式
Mm. I always envied that bohemian lifestyle.
我比较想去浪迹天涯
I wanted to tramp around the world and, you know,
喝喝小酒 住上陋室
drink cheap wine, live in a loft.
醒来就画画
Wake up and paint?
是啊 一边抽着高庐烟
Yes, smoke Gauloises.
那为何没那样做
So what stopped you?
啊 就 恋爱了啊
Ah. I... fell in love.
很惨喔
Tragic.
是喔
Yeah.
是啊
Yes.
那为何现在不接着这个梦想呢
So what did you end up doing with yourself?
就 因为所以 蟑螂与蚂蚁
Oh, this and that.
你知道不是人人都可以的
You know, 9 lives, 14 professions,
我现在呢从事售前布置的工作
and I stage houses now.
售前布置
You stage houses?
是啊
Yeah.
就有人要卖♥♥♥房♥♥子啊
When people want to sell their house
可是一搬出去房♥子就空荡荡啦
but they moved out and it's empty,
于是就叫我去在布置一下
I-I dress it.
让房♥子又活过来
I-I make it seem lived-in
然后买♥♥家可以想像入住后的样子
so people can imagine themselves living there.
是喔
Oh.
让沉寂恢复生机
Breathe life into the emptiness.
都带齐了
Do you have everything?
是啊
Uh, yeah.
好吧
Okay.
很好
Good.
今天算是试听
We'll call that a trial lesson.
什么意思
What do you mean?
我是说如果你不想上了
Well, I mean, you know, you can stop now if you want.
就不收费了
No charge.
就当是剃头替了一半
Keep the steak knives.
我度过很棒的下午
No, that's really the nicest afternoon
我很尽兴
I've had in a while.
好啊
Good.
很好
Great.
我们就继续上课喔
So we'll keep going.
麻烦你了
Oh, please.
周四见
I'll see you, um, Thursday.
太棒了
Great.
我好期待
I look forward to it.
好啊 拜拜
All right. Bye.
夏天 我是妈
Hi, Summer. It's Mom.
我只想问问
Um, I just was checking in just to see,
你现在如何
um, how you're doing.
跟乔许如何
How's Josh?
我们好久没通话了
Anyway, um, we just hadn't talked in a while,
我想告诉你 我想你
and I wanted to tell you I missed you,
还有我爱你
and I love you,
猜猜看有啥新鲜事
and, um, guess what.
我开始上美术课了
电影精选列表