不是9月2日的意思,是9点缺2分
That's not a date. That's nine to two.
--天呐,他们还投了票 --噢,天呐
Jesus Christ, they took a vote. Oh, my God.
“委员会指派S.C.”
"Commission assigned S.C."
--S.C.是山姆-凯霍尔 --R.W.是什么?
Sam Cayhall. What's R.W.?
你的意思是,谁是R.W.
You mean, who's R.W.
嗨,谢谢
Hi. Thanks.
说出真♥相♥的倒计时,山姆,还有5天
Truth time, Sam. Five days.
我们已经把能够拿到的资料全都提交最高法♥院♥了,但是
We're firing everything we have up to the Supreme Court, but.
我必须知道谁是R.W.
I need to know who R.W. is.
山姆,我看到主♥权♥委员会的档案了
Sam, I saw the Commission's files.
你和一个叫R.W.的人一起做的
You were with someone named R.W.
你们两个被指派去炸克莱默的律所
The two of you were assigned to bomb the Kramer office.
你的同犯不用为两个孩子的死负责
Assigned by the same people who took no responsibility for the death of those kids
指示的人也不准备对你
and, as far as I can see, are gonna take no responsibility
所遭受的一切负责
for what's about to happen to you.
我觉得你可以叫这些人懦夫
I believe you call these people cowards.
以上帝的名义,为什么你觉得袒护他们比我更重要
Why in God's name you feel compelled to protect them is beyond me.
首先
First of all,
你这个爱哭的混♥蛋♥
you sniveling little son of a bitch,
如果你再敢这样和我说话
if you ever speak to me like this again,
我就把你的心脏撕出来塞进你的屁♥股♥
I'll rip your heart out and shove it up your butt.
其次,如果你用一半的时间来学习如何成为一名律师
Second, if you spent half as much time learning to be a lawyer
而不是来扮演至尊神探
instead of playing Dick Tracy,
我还有可能5天后不被处死
I might stand a chance of not being dead in five days.
就现在的实际情况来说,你所作的所有努力全都失败了
As it stands right now, everything you tried has failed.
你失败了!
You've failed!
而是我来承担后果
Now I have to pay the price.
你失败了! 就像你可悲的爸爸一样
You're a failure! Just like your pathetic father was.
那个软蛋没有勇气活下去
That son of a bitch didn't have the balls to live.
他是个失败的懒人
He was a loser and a quitter.
他浪费了他的生命
And he just gave his life away.
他好大的胆子
How dare he?
他有什么权力那么做?
What right did he have to do that?
--他的命不是他的!他的命是我给的! --嘿,嘿,山姆!
It wasn't his to give! I gave it to him! Hey, hey, Sam!
他的命是他妈妈给的! 是上帝给的!
His mama gave it to him! It was God's!
他没有权力! 他就那样送了命,混♥蛋♥!
He had no right! He just gave it away, God damn it!
他送了命! 你听到了吗? 送了命!
He gave it away! You hear me? He gave it away!
--为什么他要那么做 --走了
- Why'd he do that?- Come on.
他送了命!
嗨,她在家吗?
Hi. Is she home?
李小姐再楼上休息,她现在不能见你
Miss Lee's upstairs resting. She can't see you now.
姑姑?
Lee?
你在哪?姑姑?
Where are you, Lee?
姑姑?
Lee?
姑姑?
Lee?
姑姑?
Lee?
噢,天啊
Oh, Jesus.
我幸运的小侄子
Lucky little nephew.
我有没有给你看过
Did I ever show you
我最喜欢的家庭照
my favorite old family picture?
来吧
Come on.
看吧
I'm coming.
我都没有相册
I never kept an actual photo album.
因为我没有照片
Mostly because I never kept any actual photos.
过来,这里
Here. Come here.
这里
Here. Now, there.
看到了?
See?
他真可爱,是吧?
He was a cute little thing, wasn't he?
问题是
The problem is
他是被恶魔养大的
he was raised to be a monster.
从出生就开始驯化
Trained from birth.
驯化我们出生起就带有的憎恨,亚当
We come from a long line of hate, Adam.
那是我为什么酗酒
That's why I drink.
酒精能把憎恨全都赶走
Make it all go away.
现在你来了
Now you're here,
憎恨就再也赶不走了
and it won't go away anymore.
回家去
Go home.
我有三件事要和你说
I've got three things to say to you.
第一,你还没解雇我,我就是你的律师
Number one. I'm your lawyer until you fire me.
我不会放弃的,第二
I'm not quitting. Number two.
那天你杀了乔-林肯的时候
The day you killed Joe Lincoln,
你那七岁的甜甜宝贝女儿在月桂树上看到了
your sweet little 7-year-old daughter was in the laurel tree.
她亲眼目睹了冷血的父亲枪杀一个手无寸铁的人
She watched her daddy murder a defenseless man in cold blood.
还有第三点,坎斯-林肯从来没有偷过任何东西
And three. Quince Lincoln never stole a thing.
我爸爸在他自己的床下找到了玩具大兵
My father found that toy soldier underneath his bed,
但他太害怕了,不敢告诉你
but he was too terrified to tell you.
他只能带着那份恐惧过完了他的一生
He had to live with that for the rest of his sad life.
也许你没有勇气来结束这一切,山姆,但是我有!
Maybe you didn't have the balls to put a stop to this, Sam. But I do.
我来终结,我们还有4天
It ends with me. We got four days left.
这是最后一次上诉,我要以环境因素辩护申请从轻判刑
This is our last appeal, and it's called mitigating circumstances.
告诉我
Talk to me.
告诉我,山姆!
Talk to me, Sam!
我说累了
I'm tired of talking.
我厌倦了每天早上醒来就知道离死又近了一天
I'm tired of waking up every morning knowing I'm one day closer to dying.
我厌倦了住在牢笼里
I'm tired of living in a cage,
厌倦了这些劣质香烟
tired of these crappy cigarettes,
我祈祷在他们用毒气前之前生癌死去
just praying I'll die of cancer before they gas me.
最重要的是我厌倦了等待
But mostly I'm just tired of waiting.
让我歇歇吧
Just let me rest.
我很感动你愿意和我分享你的感受,山姆
I'm really touched you feel close enough to share your feelings with me, Sam.
但现在,我才不管你♥他♥妈♥的怎么想的
But at the moment, I don't really give a damn.
我要处理案子已经够忙的了
I'm too busy trying to win my case.
现在,开口说话!
Now, start talking!
与“从轻”类似的有
Here are some synonyms for "mitigating."
“打磨“,”粉饰”
"Glossing over, sugarcoating,"
“美化”
"prettifying."
两个小男孩被炸飞的场面一点都不“美”
There's nothing pretty about twin boys being blown to bits.
他们的父亲自杀了也不值得被“打磨”成榜样
There's no glossing over the suicide of their father.
更不能“粉饰”已经发生的事实
And there's no sugarcoating this fact.
我的当事人有罪,他理应受到惩罚
My client is guilty, and he deserves to be punished.
而他的犯罪意图,就是为了做而做
"Mens rea, to do the thing."
山姆-凯霍尔犯下了罪行
Sam Cayhall did the thing.
但他罪不至死
But he does not deserve to be murdered,
因为他从出生开始就被教育要去“做事”
because he was taught from birth that he had to do the thing.
法庭必须理解这点
That is what this court must come to understand.
他从来不知道除了憎恨、盲从和暴♥力♥,他还可以求助谁
He never knew he had any other recourse but hatred and bigotry and violence.
他的叔伯们是3K党,他的兄弟们是3K党
His uncles were Klansmen, his brothers were Klansmen,
他的父亲是3K党,甚至他的祖父也是3K党
his father was a Klansman, even his grandfather.
他的曾祖父更是3K党创始人之一
His great-grandfather was one of the cofounding members
就是那个充满憎恨的组织3K党
of that hateful organization.
我最近看到了一张他在私刑死刑场上的照片
I recently saw a photograph of him at a lynching.
他那时10岁,已经是他第三次在私刑死刑场的经历了
He was 10, and it was his third.
的确太糟糕了,简直是恶魔行径
Of course this is awful. It's evil.
然而对他来说只是如同周日的早餐一样,习以为常
But blood and death were served with Sunday breakfast.
他的父亲在参加一个葬礼的时候被谋杀了,我的当事人目睹了一切
His father was murdered at a funeral. My client saw it.
正如法庭也知道
As the court is no doubt aware,
我的当事人是我的祖父
my client is also my grandfather.
我尝试着,想说一件关于我们家族的温暖、美好的事
I'd like now to tell you some warm and wonderful stories about our family.
一件都找不到
Except I don't know any.
事实上,我发现我的祖父和美好两字完全不搭边
In fact, I don't find my grandfather even remotely wonderful.
不过我知道一点
But I know this.
使他如此畸形的原因
The very things that make him so monstrous
就是密西西比州政♥府♥想要处死他,还不给予“从轻处罚”的原因
are the very reasons that mitigate against this state murdering him.
他是被家庭环境及当时的政♥府♥背景驯化的
He was raised by his family and by this state to become the man that he became.
当他年纪终于大了一点的时候,他已经没得选了
By the time he was old enough to choose, he didn't have a choice.
这是山姆-凯霍尔的悲剧
This is the tragedy of Sam Cayhall.
这个悲剧已经使三人殒命
It's a tragedy that has destroyed three lives already.
以仁慈的名义
In the name of mercy,
不要再谋杀残存的人命了
let it not murder what little is left of his life.
感谢你能够见我
Thank you for seeing me like this.
你来是为了什么?
电影精选列表