头好痛
I think I'm gonna die.
是你昨天非要办生日派对
You wanted a birthday party.
那句话怎么说的?
What's that old expression?
不要喝混酒?
Never mix bourbon with champagne?
不
No.
犹太人嘛酒量都不好
Jews can't drink.
亲爱的, 我去送孩子吧?
Honey, how about I take the boys to school?
好的
Bless you.
我们去哪玩? 去爸爸的律所! 去爸爸的律所!
Where we going? Daddy's office! Daddy's office!
谁想帮爸爸拎包? 我, 我, 我!
Who wants Daddy's briefcase? Me, me, me!
上车. 上车
Run to the car. Run to the car.
上车 噢! 小心点
Run to the car. Oh! Watch yourself.
等等
Wait.
再见, 妈妈 我爱你!
Bye, Mommy. I love you!
--和妈妈说再见 --再见, 妈妈!
Say bye to Mommy. Bye, Mommy!
再见 乖一点, 孩子们.
Bye. Be good, boys.
爱你
Love you.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
好了 我们去上班吧.
Okay. Let's go to work.
进去
Get in there.
上车 上车
Get in that car. Get in that car.
你也快上车
You get in that car.
好了 坐下 孩子们 我们要出发了
Okay. Sit down, boys. Here we go.
去爸爸的律所喽!
Daddy's office!
再见! 回家后再见喽!
Bye! See you home after this!
你好
Hey.
你好, 克莱默先生
Hey, Mr. Kramer.
去爸爸的律所! 爸爸的律所! 爸爸的律所!
Daddy's office! Daddy's office! Daddy's office!
都下车吧
Everybody out.
关上车门 乖孩子
Close that door. Attaboy.
好了 都进去吧 走起来
Okay. Everybody in. Let's go.
我们真的要进去吗?
Do we have to go in there?
一直往前走
You gotta go all the way.
不要停
All the way.
你是, 大臭耳朵! 你是, 大臭小宝!
Hey, big stinky earplug! Hey, big stinky man!
是谁?
Who is it?
到目前为止, 只找到两具小孩的尸体
So far, all that's been recovered are the bodies
他们的身份不明
of two small children, their identity unknown.
葬礼结束
The service is now completed.
去死吧! 杀人犯!
Goddamn you! You're murderers!
你们这些肮脏的杀人犯! 你们心知肚明!
You're filthy murderers! And you know it!
你们都是杀人犯, 你们都是! 你们都是杀人犯!
You're murderers, all of you! You're murderers!
告诉我们你为什么要这么做
Tell us why you did it.
你杀了我的孩子们!
You killed my boys!
你杀了我的孩子们!
You killed my boys!
你这杀人犯! 你这肮脏的杀人犯!
You murderer! You filthy murderer!
你杀了我的孩子, 凯霍尔!
You killed my boys, Cayhall!
你疯了吗?
Have you lost your mind?
不, 我是认真的, 我要接凯霍尔的案子
No, I'm very serious. I want the Cayhall case.
你对死刑了解多少, 霍尔先生?
What do you know about the death penalty, Mr. Hall?
这里有的书我全都读过了
I've read everything there is.
那么你什么都不懂
Then you know nothing.
我知道你无偿代理了山姆-凯霍尔一案
I know that you took Sam Cayhall pro bono,
这些年你保住了他的命
and you've kept him alive all these years.
我也知道最近他终于有机会了,就马上解雇不让你代理了
And I also know that he just won the right to fire you.
你是怎么知道的?
Do you mind telling me how you know that?
我有自己的办法
I made it my business.
那么你知道他为什么不让我代理他了?
And do you know the reason why he fired me?
他讨厌律师
He hates lawyers.
所以他就会让你代理了?
Then why in the world would he hire you?
回办公室去吧,霍尔先生
Go back to your office, Mr. Hall.
我们都有更重要的事情要做
We both have better things to do.
山姆-凯霍尔是我的祖父
Sam Cayhall is my grandfather.
哇噢
Wow.
你和杰克逊市(密西西比州城市)的威廉库克律所一直有联♥系♥
You have a relationship with Williams and Cook in Jackson.
我可以在那里工作
I could work out of that office.
我也知道你和帕尔希曼监狱渊源颇深
I also know you have great contacts at Parchman Prison.
如果你打个招呼的话,那边也不会有问题了
A word from you wouldn't hurt there, either.
那么,霍尔也不是你的家姓了
I take it Hall is not your real name, then.
案子发生后,我父母把家姓去掉了一个“凯”字
My parents changed it from Cayhall after the murders.
你在杰克逊市还有没有亲戚?
Do you still have family down there?
还有个姑姑, 我告诉过她我可能会过去工作
I have an aunt in Jackson. I told her I might be down on business.
她知不知道你要做什么?
Does she know what this business is?
到了那之后我会告诉她的
I'll tell her when I get there.
你们凯霍尔家可全都喜欢秘密
You Cayhalls are big on secrets.
你有没有和你祖父见过面?
Did you ever actually meet your grandfather?
没有
No.
亲戚们甚至都没告诉你有这个人吧?
Did they even tell you he existed?
我是在我父亲的葬礼上才知道的
I found out at my father's funeral.
--那是几几年? --1980年
When was that? 1980.
山姆就是那年被判的死刑
Same year Sam was sentenced to die.
是的, 先生
Yes, sir.
你父亲走的时候还很年轻吧
Your father must have been a very young man.
35岁, 4个月, 6天
Thirty-five years, four months, six days.
我不该问的
Perhaps I shouldn't have asked.
没什么
It's not a big deal.
我52岁时才接手的职业生涯第一个死刑犯案
I was 52 years old the first time I handled a death row case.
后来我一个星期没睡
I didn't sleep for a week afterwards.
我本来也不怎么睡
I don't sleep as it is.
你满怀激♥情♥想要做的事,并不受人待见
You open up passions no one wants uncovered, and you are not welcomed.
接下来
For one brief terrible moment,
山姆-凯霍尔会成为焦点人物
Sam Cayhall is gonna be the most talked-about man in the country.
古德曼先生,这个案子
Mr. Goodman, I've been living with this case,
其实或多或少一直影响着我
one way or another, my whole life.
如果亲手去做,可能真是种解脱
To do so officially might actually be a relief.
要打赢官司就是天方夜谭
The odds of winning are a joke.
根本没有机会能赢
You don't have a chance in hell.
无论你是否帮我,我一定要去,古德曼先生
I'm going, Mr. Goodman, with or without your help.
到了杰克逊市给我打电♥话♥, 不用谢我
Call me from Jackson. Don't thank me.
我没帮你什么忙
I have not done you a favor.
的确是他干的?
Did he do it?
嗯,毫无疑问的确就是他干的
Oh, he did it. There's no question that he did it.
请注意
Your attention please.
前往杰克逊市中心的密西西比航♥班♥
The Mississippi Scenic Cruiser for downtown Jackson
现在在蓝区登机了
is now boarding in the blue zone.
--下午好,先生 很高兴见到你 --谢谢
Good afternoon, sir. Good to see you, sir. Thanks.
你看上去就像个乞丐
You look like a mendicant Indian.
你的行李呢? 杰西,来帮霍尔先生拿...
Where is your luggage? Jesse, help Mr. Hall with...
其实,我订好了法庭旁的旅馆
You know, actually, I'm gonna stay at a hotel near the courts.
我时常会在深夜加班,所以...
I'm gonna be up all night, working long hours, so...
呃 噢, 好吧,亲爱的,你喜欢就好,我爱你,听到了吗?
Uh-huh. Oh, well, honey. Whatever you like. I love you, you hear?
现在你去收拾收拾然后快点下来吧
Now you go freshen up and hurry down.
杰克逊市仅存的12位处♥女♥的妈妈,统统在这里了
I have the mothers of the only 12 remaining virgins in all of Jackson
都是急吼吼的要见见你的
just panting to meet you.
恐怕我没有很多社交时间
I really don't think I'm gonna have too much time for socializing.
无论如何你要出面
You must regale us all with tales of what it is that brings you here.
用你专业的律师口吻
I'm guessing it's to use your lawyerly charms
来震震这帮土财主
to separate our local fat cats from their ill-gotten fortunes.
就从我那暴躁的丈夫开始
You should start with my cranky old husband.
这是他的报应
He deserves a good comeuppance.
--姑姑 --嗯哼
Lee. Yes.
我是来这为爷爷辩护的
I'm here to defend your father.
我知道...
Look, I understand that...
你什么都不知道
You understand nothing.
不许和别人透露一个字
Don't you utter one word to anyone.
--姑姑 --一个字都不许
Lee. Not one word.
听明白了?
You hear?
--晚安 --明天给我打电♥话♥
Good night. Call me tomorrow.
--我会打的 --好的 再见
I will. All right. Bye.
--派对太棒了,亲爱的 --噢,谢谢
Lovely party, dear. Oh, thank you.
电影精选列表