别忘了周四博物馆看展
Don't forget we have the museum on Thursday.
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
晚安,亚当
Good night, Adam.
晚安
Good night.
祝你好运
Good luck.
--菲尔普斯住在城里 --噢,是吧
Phelps lives in town. Oh, it's okay.
我们各过各的,各玩各的
We have a very active romantic life.
天天自己开心就好
Just not with each other.
那为什么不离婚?
Why stay married?
他是个银行家,正式场合需要门面
Good for a banker to have someone acceptable for social occasions.
所以你也乐得有个金主
And it's good for you to have a banker.
我这可是劫富济贫
Done pretty well for poor white trash.
你觉得呢?
Don't you think?
不错,很不错
Not bad. Not bad at all.
当然,那么别人知不知道其实我是
Of course, how acceptable I'm gonna be
杀人魔的女儿,那又是另一个问题了
when the world finds out I'm Hitler's daughter is another question.
我的意思是,都在掌控中
It's all right. It's under control.
没人知道?
Nobody knows?
我说的是掌控的是指掌控我的酒杯
Well, I was speaking of my drinking.
是的,没人知道
But, no. No one knows.
我18岁时离家,改了姓名,遇到了菲尔普斯,然后私奔
I left home when I was 18, changed my name, met Phelps, eloped.
我们一起骗他家里人说我爸爸死了
We told his family my father was dead.
讽刺的是,的确是快要死了
Soon that won't be a lie.
听你的口吻,爷爷对你来说什么都不是
You talk about Sam like he means nothing to you.
如果哪天万里晴空
Well, occasionally, if I'm having a good day
我又心花怒放的时候,说不定会有那么几秒钟想起他
and the sun is shining, I might think of him
想起很小的时候和他在一起的时光
and remember some small, pleasant moment from my earliest days.
他叫我小甜甜宝贝女儿
The way he'd call me sweet baby girl.
但是我记得的最多的还是,他把身边的
But mostly I remember how he destroyed absolutely everyone
所有人都彻彻底底地害苦了
who made the mistake of getting close to him.
他也会害苦你的
He'll do it to you,too, you know.
挖掘过去,一定要很小心,亚当
Be very careful dredging the past, Adam.
你不会喜欢的
You might not like what comes up.
我来见山姆-凯霍尔
I'm here to see Sam Cayhall.
公文包
Briefcase.
噢
Oh.
请你分开腿
Spread your legs, please.
--我是帕克警长 --我是亚当-霍尔
Sergeant Packer. Adam Hall.
这边请
This way, please.
--今天可不是个探视山姆的好日子 --为什么?
Not a good day to see Sam. Why is that?
监狱检察官刚刚来电♥话♥了,法官裁决28天后执行死刑
Prison attorney just called. Judge ruled. He dies in 28 days.
我去接山姆
I'll get Sam.
这边
This way.
跟上
Catch up.
我锁门了,山姆马上到
I'm gonna lock this door. Sam'll be in in a minute.
好的
Right.
走吧
Move on.
滚出去
Get out.
你♥他♥妈♥是谁?
Who the hell are you?
亚当-霍尔 我是芝加哥克拉维兹贝恩律所的律师
Adam Hall. I'm a lawyer with Kravitz and Bane, Chicago.
你们这些犹太小子不懂什么是放弃,是吗?
You Jew boys never quit, do you?
我不是犹太人
I'm not Jewish.
那你是怎么做到克拉维兹贝恩律所的律师的?
How can you work for Kravitz and Bane?
我们的老板招工一视同仁
Well, we're an equal opportunity employer.
真的吗?
Really?
我知道你们那有大概150个合伙人
I know you got about 150 partners up there.
有多少是女的?
How many of them are women?
不大清楚, 大概12个左右
I don't really know. Maybe a dozen.
噢,所以你们有不到10%的女的
Oh, so you got less than 10% women.
你们有几个黑鬼合伙人?
How many nigger partners you got?
我们有4个非裔合伙人
We have four African-American partners.
是吧,太好了
Well, that's nice.
你们有多少个犹太合伙人?
How many Jewish-American partners you got?
大概80%?
About 80%?
我也不大清楚,不过这对我来说,没什么不同
You know, I don't really know. It doesn't make a difference to me.
但这对我可大不同了
Well, it makes a big difference to me.
一直以来我都被这些恶俗的偏执犹太人代理着
I was always embarrassed to be represented by such blatant bigots.
好吧,我想很多人倒觉得挺合适的
Yeah. Well, I think a lot of people would probably find it appropriate.
你那么紧张干什么?
Why are you so nervous?
我不紧张
I'm not nervous.
我怕我穿过铁丝网揍你?
You afraid I'm gonna come through that screen and get you?
你处理过几个死刑案子
How many death penalty cases have you handled?
这是我的第一个
This is my first.
噢,太棒了,那些犹太杂种找了个新兵蛋子来
Oh, great. The Jew bastards sent a greenhorn to save me.
我杀了几个犹太人,现在他们来杀我了
I killed some of their people, and now they wanna kill me.
我还真期待了
I always expected it.
所以你承认你杀了克莱默家的孩子?
So you admit that you killed the Kramer kids?
究竟是谁会问出这样的傻瓜问题?
Who the hell are you to ask me a question like that?
是陪审团说我杀了
The jury said I did it.
二审法庭认为陪审团正确,这才是关键
The appeals court said the jury was right. That's all that matters.
你几岁了,霍尔先生?
How old are you, there, Mr. Hall?
26岁
Twenty-six.
我想帮你回顾一下你现在的法律处境...
I'd like to go over your legal position...
--69年生 --是的
Born in '69. That's correct.
考虑到你的法律处境,我想就...
Looking at your legal position,I've come up with...
--出生地是? --孟菲斯
Where? In Memphis.
听着,我想我们还是关注...
Listen, I'd prefer to stick to the...
你从小在那长大的吧?
You grew up there, did you?
我小时候去了很多地方,主要在加州南部
I grew up in a lot of places, mainly southern California.
嗯哼,你家还在那吗?
Mmm-hmm. Your family still there?
我妈妈再婚了,她住在波特兰
My mom's remarried, and she lives in Portland.
那么你的姐姐
And your sister.
我猜她嫁给了卡尔曼家
I believe her name would be Carmen.
伯克利大学
College. Berkeley.
你怎么知道?
How did you know?
你的声音, 你的声音和你♥爸♥爸一模一样
The voice. You sound just like your daddy.
你来这干什么?
Why'd you come here?
命运驱使
He sent me.
我别无选择
I don't have a choice.
但我会救你的
But I am gonna save you.
--救我? --是的
Save me? Yeah.
你这个爸爸把自己脑子轰个洞的傻瓜儿子,来救我?
This from the son of a man that blew his own brains out?
去死吧,你个小混♥蛋♥
Go to hell, you little piece of shit.
你知道你在和谁说话? 救我?
You know who you're talking to? Save me?
你连个感恩节上的火鸡都救不了
Why, shit. You don't look like you could save a turkey from Thanksgiving.
滚吧,滚出去
Go on, get the hell out of here.
救救可怜的你自己吧
Try to save your own sorry ass.
我是唯一一个还在乎你生死的人了
I am the only person on this earth that gives a damn whether you live or die.
你现在就签字同意我来做你的代理律师
Now, you are gonna sign this contract agreeing to be my client,
不然28天后你就死了
or you will be dead in 28 days.
我们都有点吃惊,这个案子一下子变那么大了
We're all a bit taken aback at how huge this case has suddenly become.
呃...怎么个大♥法♥了?
Uh... What's so huge about it?
噢,我知道克拉利翁-莱杰比不上芝加哥论♥坛♥报
Oh, I know the Clarion-Ledger is not the Chicago Tribune,
但对于我们这个小地方来说,已经很大了
but in our small pond, it's everything.
呃... 我不明白
Uh... I'm lost.
你肯定看过今天的报纸了
Certainly you've seen today's paper.
(种族主义杀人犯的孙子来救爷爷)
非常感谢 太好了
Thanks very much. This'll be just fine.
如果有什么还能帮忙的随时告诉我们
You let us know if we can do anything more for you.
这次你为什么不去申请要解除
Why do you want the right to terminate
律师代理关系了?
my representation without a fight?
每一次我都要花很长时间去解雇那些个犹太混♥蛋♥
It took me a long time to fire those Jew bastards last time.
我不想再来一遍了
I won't go through that again.
好吧,听上去有道理
All right, that's reasonable.
我才不管你觉得有没有道理
I don't care if you think it's reasonable or not.
这是个协议,而且没得商量
It's in the agreement, and it's nonnegotiable.
继续
Moving right along.
好吧,这太荒唐了,“不予特赦”
Well, this is ridiculous. "No clemency."
好吧,如果再次上诉失败了
Okay. If the appeals process fails,
我们就只能去麦卡里斯特州长那里,
we're gonna have to go to Governor McAllister as a last resort,
要求特赦
电影精选列表