He had a certain amount of rage.
一见到他歪嘴,我就知大祸临头了
You'd see his lip curl, and you knew you were in trouble.
然后我会说:“弊,我大镬了”
Then you'd go, "Oh, shit. I'm fucked now."
(米克霍士,艾蒙斯初中)
接到校长室打来的电♥话♥我就会被爸爸严厉训斥
A call from the principal's office meant a harsh reprimand from Dad.
(欠交功课)
(教师评语:难以自律)
他说:“岂有此理...”
And he'd say, "Goddamn it! Goddamn it."
我开始花更多时间抽烟饮酒
I began to spend more of my time smoking and drinking.
而且经常有小交通意外
And I became a serial fender bender...
弄坏我爸的几部车
inflicting damage to my dad's cars.
所以他觉得你是闯祸鬼
So, in his mind, you're a fuckup.
对,很可能是闯祸鬼
Yeah, a potential fuckup.
唏,很好看
Hey. Looking good.
这些鞋好型,现在我有机会演身手了
These shoes are terrific. Now I got a fighting chance.
在16岁那年
When I was 16,
(分类广♥告♥,选角启事)
我的戏剧老师把报纸塞给我
my acting teacher thrust a newspaper into my hands.
“他们想找活泼的12岁细路
"They're looking for a bright 12-year-old kid,
天啊,你肯定会是他们遇到最活泼的12岁细路”
and hell, you'd be the brightest 12-year-old kid they're ever gonna meet."
但我一定会出丑,李奥有这麽多人望住我
But I'm gonna blow it, Leo. All those people looking at me.
我们準备好替你化妆了
We're ready for you in Makeup.
你会一举成名的,细路
You're gonna make history, kid.
要在週五前长高2.5厘米
Gotta grow an inch by Friday.
我取得那角色,易过借火
I got the part. It was that easy.
篮球选拔赛?
Basketball tryouts?
不,是潘妮蒙哥马利
No. Penny Montgomery.
若我站得很接近,就看不到她个样
If I stand real close, I can't see her face.
选角总监觉得我有优势
The casting director believed I held an advantage.
美国的监製们很想聘用
American producers would be eager to hire an actor
外貌年轻到可以扮细路的演员
who looked young enough to play a kid.
但我就要搬去荷里活,从高中退学
But that meant moving to Hollywood and dropping out of high school.
那似乎很不可思议
And that seemed inconceivable.
爸爸问:“你真的想这样做?”
Dad, "Are you sure this is what you wanna do?"
我说:“绝对是”
Me, "Absolutely."
“你这麽有信心?”
"You're that confident?"
“绝对是”
"Absolutely."
然后爸爸吓我一跳
And then Dad shocked me.
“听我讲,若你要做伐木工人
"Well, if you're gonna be a lumberjack,
就应该去森林”
you might as well go to the goddamn forest."
他暗里相信你的本事
So, secretly, he believed in you.
没错
Yeah.
爸爸同意付钱给我去闯
Dad agreed to underwrite the adventure,
整趟旅程用他的信♥用♥卡♥埋单
putting the whole trip on his Visa card.
(荷里活)
我记得当时我觉得跟爸爸的关係在那几週改善了很多
I remember thinking just how far Dad and I had come over the past few weeks.
(26号♥台录影厂)
他提议由他开车去见不同人
He advised me that he'd just drive to the appointments
每次见完后就跟我讲解
and debrief me after each one.
他这样做是让我知道,我是主角,他不是
His way of signaling to me that this was my show, not his.
喂
Hello.
不,好极
No, that's perfect.
每次试镜后都入选第二轮
Every audition earned a callback,
当中有叁次获得正式聘用
and three of the callbacks produced solid offers.
爸爸说:“你会赢得全世界要好好準备妥当”
"You've got the world by the tail," Dad said. "Just hold on."
我住的开放式单位在比华利山的贫民窟
My studio apartment was in the slums of Beverly Hills.
我成世人都未见过这样靓的屋
It's the prettiest house I ever seen in my life.
我只是很开心,你跟我回家
Well, I was just thinking I'm glad you came home with me.
单位是5米乘4米有一张床褥、一个煮食炉
The apartment was 17-by-12 feet. One mattress, one hot plate,
有个微型浴室和全单位唯一的锌盆
with a microscopic bathroom and the domicile's one and only sink.
我用棕榄牌洗洁精洗头用海伦仙度丝洗碗
I washed my hair with Palmolive and my dishes with Head & Shoulders.
我今晚很开心
I really had a great time tonight.
我委託麦当劳叔叔做我的专属营养师
I enlisted Ronald McDonald as my exclusive nutritionist.
(无人比得上麦当劳)
我们在独处吗?-独处?
We alone? - Alone?
我的意思是,你丈夫正在附近埋伏吗?
I mean, is your husband lurking about?
但到了1982年春天
But by the spring of 1982...
施威泽
Schweitzer.
业界气氛很无情
...the scenario was grim.
发生甚麽事?这是甚麽?
What's going on here? What is this?
请放松,韦德先生,我要检查你的胸膛
Please relax, Mr. Wyatt. I'm going to examine your chest.
唏,你们在开玩笑吗?-嗨
Hey, is this a joke or something? - Hi.
我继续接戏
I continued to pick up acting jobs,
但赚到的钱不够生活
but they barely earned me enough to live on.
我的经理人收取我的一成薪水
My agent took 10% of my paycheck.
是你的薪水
Your paycheck.
还有摄影师、公♥关♥人员或律师
And then there was the photographer, publicist or lawyer.
上面只写住“1.25美元”-对,所以呢?
It says "$1.25." - Yeah, so?
我话你知是错的,大错特错
I'm telling you it's wrong. It's a mistake!
我卖♥♥命工作赚钱,不公平
I worked hard for this. It's not fair.
我很卖♥♥命工作赚钱
I worked too hard for this.
我开始变卖♥♥资产
I began to liquidate.
我把组合型梳化逐件卖♥♥出
I sold off my sectional sofa section by section.
我差点取得几部戏的角色最为人所知的是《凡夫俗子》
I came close on a couple of movies. Most notably, Ordinary People.
但罗拔烈福似乎不太欣赏我读对白的方式
But Robert Redford seemed less than impressed by my reading.
他在试镜时一直在撩牙
He spent the audition flossing his teeth.
他们当初为何要来?
Why did they have to come here in the first place?
被拒变得十常八♥九♥
The rejection can be so matter-of-fact
我开始有感到麻木的危险
that there's a danger you'll get numbed by it.
别听那些不知自己在说甚麽的人说话
Don't listen to those that don't know what they're talking about.
我开始叁餐不继
I was down to days.
即是你开始没钱,那一切...
So, you're running out of money. That's all that--
说“开始没钱”太厚道了,我根本没有钱
I wa-- "Running out" is generous. I had no money.
我在连锁班戟店取包装果酱-那是甚麽?
I was taking jam packets from IHOPs. - What's that?
例如那些小包果酱-点解?
Like, just-- Smucker's. - Why?
点解?-因为要吃啊
Why? - To eat.
不是吧-我...
Come on. - And I wa--
我周围找零钱
I was finding quarters and nickels and dimes,
勉强够生活多一阵,我捉襟见肘
and I'd use that to get to the next moment. I was living beat to beat.
然后我说:“我要离开这里,我无钱
And I said, "I gotta get out of here. I have no money,
我欠税局钱而且我在避开房♥东,没有电♥话♥”
and I owe the IRS money, and I'm ducking the landlord, and I got no phone."
我的意思是,我要步行去机场
I mean, I have to walk to the airport.
你当时有何期望?-我的期望是
What was the expectation? - I-- My expectation was,
我哥哥是建筑判头
my brother's a construction superintendent,
我打算去他的地盘拔钉
and I'd be working on his sites picking up nails.
但我还有筹码和櫈
But I still had a chip and a chair.
甚麽?
A what?
当你玩啤牌时还剩一个筹码和一张櫈去坐
Playing poker, as long as you got a chip left and a chair to sit in,
即是有赌未为输,你还有筹码和櫈
you're in the game. You got a chip and a chair.
就是这样,是我的最后机会
This was it. This was my last shot.
(派拉蒙影业)
“别再游说我聘用这细路了”
"You gotta stop hawking me about this kid,"
监製盖利大卫高柏格準备开新处境喜剧时跟选角总监说
producer Gary David Goldberg told the casting director of his new sitcom.
我们不想沦落到要聘用
We don't wanna get into an area where we're bringing someone on
不搞笑的人,这里没太多喜剧成分
who's not funny. You know, and there's not any comedy there.
“我不会改变主意
"There's no way I'm gonna change my mind on this.
他不适合这角色”
He's just not our guy."
大家应该都觉得亚歷超能干
I think we all feel that Alex is super competent,
是报社编辑,但骨子里有同理心
you know, editor of the paper, but sympathetic underneath.
我不想由米高霍士饰演亚歷奇登”
I don't want Michael Fox playing Alex Keaton."
不行,我想要这份工我需要它,而且我能胜任
No. I want this job. I need it. I can do it.
我去到边都总会有问题
Everywhere I've been, there's always been something wrong.
我太年轻、太老、太矮、太高是甚麽也好,我都可以纠正
Too young, too old, too short, too tall. Whatever the exception is, I can fix it.
我可以更年长或更高,做甚麽都可以
I can be older. I can be taller. I can be anything.
好吧,準备好未?倒数五秒-五、四、叁、二
Here we go. Ready? In five. - Five, four, three, two!
等等,对不起,我份剧本散了
Wait, I'm sorry, my script just went to pieces.
在哪页?弊-第11页顶部
Where is it? Shit. - Top of 11.
“他首天返幼稚园,妈妈
"It's his first day of kindergarten, Mom.
他不能迟到,否则会影响终生”
He doesn't wanna be late. This could affect his entire life."
“小马讲得对毕竟这是我的母校,我是风云人物”
"Mal's right. After all, this is my alma mater. I am a legend there."
然后他们笑了,我即刻...
And they laughed. And I just went--
我感到浑身都“哗”
It was just, like... a wash of, like, "Wow."
“我也有”
"I got one too."
任何酒、毒品、女人,甚麽都不及
There's no drink, there's no drug, there's no woman, there's no-- nothing
比得上我22岁时的那一刻
电影精选列表