它穿过了椅子的另一边
It's going through the opposite edge of the chair.
这样就不会太突出
That way, it won't stick out.
天啊 - 不 等一下
Oh God. - No, wait.
随他去吧 我们希望他能自在一点
Let him be. We want him to be comfortable.
裤子
Trousers.
就...
Just, uh...
就...自在一点
Just... be yourself.
不太妙
That's not great.
唐纳·麦凯布 他是女王新♥闻♥办♥公室的人
Donal McCabe. He's from the Queen's press office.
我们没同意这么做 对吗?
We didn't agree to that, did we?
跟女王吗?
With the Queen?
没有 但试试看跟她说吧
No. But by all means, take it up with her.
声速测试
Sound speed.
准备就绪
Set.
殿下
Your Royal Highness.
我们是在极不寻常的情况下
We've come to Buckingham Palace
来到白金汉宫
in highly unusual circumstances.
通常我们会讨论您的工作
Normally, we'd be discussing your work...
您的职责
Mm. - ...your duty.
我们稍后也会谈到
We'll come on to that.
但今天
But today,
您首次决定公开谈一谈
you've chosen to speak out for the first time.
您为什么决定现在谈?
Why have you decided to talk now?
因为谈论爱泼斯坦先生
Because there is no good time
以及所有关联的一切
to talk about, um... Mr. Epstein
哪有什么好时机
and all things associated.
而我们跟《新闻之夜》 也已经沟通了一段时间
And we've been talking to Newsnight for some time
围绕我正在做的工作想做点什么
about, um, doing something around the work that I was doing.
很遗憾 我们一直没能
And unfortunately, we've just not been able
找到适合双方的时间 直到现在
to fit into either your schedule or my schedule until now... now.
这是个非常好的机会 我很高兴能见到你
Actually, it's a very good opportunity. I'm delighted to be able to see you today.
如您所说
As you say,
这一切都需要追溯到 您与杰弗里·爱泼斯坦的友谊
it all goes back to your friendship with Jeffrey Epstein.
你们是怎么成为朋友的?
How did you first become friends?
是怎么认识的?
How did you meet?
我是通过他女朋友认识的
Well, I met through his girlfriend.
1999年
Back in 1999.
太开放了 太简单了
It's too open. It's too easy.
我在大学就认识吉斯莱恩了 在英国
I'd known Ghislaine since university. In the UK.
我没有花很长时间...
And, um, I didn't spend much time...
我想一年也就见他一两次 最多三次
I suppose I saw him once or twice a year, perhaps maximum three times a year,
而且...很经常地 如果我在美国 处理事情
and... quite often, um, if I was in the United States and doing things,
他不在 他会说
and he wasn't there, he'd say,
“过来我这边吧 您可以用我的房♥子”
"Why don't you come and use my houses?"
然后我说:“非常感谢你”
And I said, "Thank you very much indeed."
但要说我们是多么亲密的朋友 就有点牵强了
But it would be... a considerable stretch to say that we were very close friends.
但他确实有那种非常了不起的能力
But he had the most extraordinary ability
可以把...把了不起的人聚在一起
to, um... to bring... extraordinary people together.
这一点我记得很清楚
And that's the bit that I remember.
去参加晚宴 在那里你可以认识...
It's going to dinner parties where you would meet...
她在干什么?
What's she doing?
...学者 政客...
...academics, politicians...
她在让他说
She's letting him talk.
那是一个国际化的群体 我称之为...
It was a cosmopolitan group of what I would call--
您信任他吗?
Did you trust him?
是的 我想应该是的
Yes, I think I probably did,
但是...
but, um...
我交朋友
Obviously, I don't go into... um, a friendship
很明白该寻求些什么 如果你懂我的意思
looking for the... the wrong thing, if you understand what I mean.
我是个喜欢交朋友的人
I... I'm an engaging person.
我希望能有很多朋友
I want to be able to engage.
您曾经为爱泼斯坦的女友 吉斯莱恩·麦克斯韦
Am I right in thinking you threw a birthday party
在桑德林汉姆举办生日会 我说得对吗?
for Epstein's girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell, at Sandringham?
不对 那个周末我们去狩猎了
No, it was a shooting weekend.
狩猎?
A shooting weekend?
是的 就是一次单纯的周末狩猎
Yes, just a straightforward... straightforward shooting weekend.
但在那段时间 当他作客温莎城♥堡♥
But during these times that he was a guest at Windsor Castle,
在桑德林汉姆 一起狩猎...
at Sandringham, this shooting weekend...
对
Yep.
现在我们知道
We now know... that he had been
他一直在贩卖♥♥年轻女性 从事性贩卖♥♥
procuring young girls... for sex trafficking.
我们现在才知道
We now know that.
在当时
At the time,
没有迹象表明
there was no indication,
我...或其他任何人都没察觉
to me... or anybody else,
他在做那种事
that that's what he was doing.
完全没有任何迹象
Absolutely no indication.
爱泼斯坦飞机的飞行记录
Flight logs for Epstein's jet.
人称“洛丽塔快线”
The, uh, quote "Lolita Express."
PA 安德鲁王子 是飞机的常客
PA, Prince Andrew, is a frequent flyer.
还有BC 比尔
So is BC, Bill,
以及GM 吉斯莱恩·麦克斯韦
and GM, Ghislaine Maxwell.
王子 总统和女性
Princes, presidents, and females.
没有女孩们的名字
The girls don't get named.
等媒体蜂拥而至时 我们手上好有一些真凭实据
Just so our ducks are in a row when all of Fleet Street comes knocking.
跟您确认一遍 您搭乘过他的私人飞机
Just for the record, you've been on his private plane.
对
Yes.
您在他的私人岛屿上待过
You've been to stay on his private island.
对
Yes.
您在他位于棕榈滩的家里住过
You've stayed at his home in Palm Beach.
对
Yes.
那么 2006年的五月
So, in 2006, in May,
爱泼斯坦被逮捕了
an arrest warrant was issued for Epstein
原因是性侵未成年人
for sexual assault of a minor.
是的
Yes.
他于2010年7月获释
He was released in July of 2010.
没过几个月
And within months,
你去了他在纽约的豪♥宅♥找他
you went to stay with him at his New York mansion.
为什么?
Why?
您为什么要跟一个 已被定罪的性罪犯在一起?
Why were you staying with a convicted sex offender?
我去见他 只有一个目的 就是去告诉他
Now, I went to see him with the sole purpose of saying to him
因为他犯罪了
that because he had been convicted,
所以我们不该再有任何交集 否则是不合适的
it was inappropriate that we should be seen together.
我觉得在电♥话♥里说这个 显得很懦弱
I felt that doing it over the telephone was the chicken's way of doing it.
我必须跟他面对面说
I had to go and see him and talk to him.
我去见他了 我们有机会去公园散个步
I went to see him. We had an opportunity to go for a walk in the park,
那次对话 恰好成为了
and that was the... uh, conversation,
coincidentally,
被拍下来的那次
that was photographed.
当时...我对他说:"因为发生了...这些事
When I... I said to him, I said, "Look, because of what has... happened,
我觉得我们不该再有联♥系♥"
I don't think it is appropriate for us to remain in contact."
双方共同决定
And by mutual decision,
同意断绝联♥系♥ 然后我走了
we agreed to part company, and I left.
为了庆祝释放 他办了一个派对
He threw a party to celebrate his release,
您是作为贵宾受邀参加
and you were invited as a guest of honor.
不 我没去
No, I didn't go.
哦 是2010年啊
Oh, in 2010.
那肯定不是一个庆祝他释放的派对
There... Well, there... There certainly wasn't a... a party
在12月 因为那只是一场小型的晚宴
to celebrate his release in... December, because it was only a small dinner party.
晚宴上只有八个或十个人
There were only eight or ten of us at the dinner.
如果真的有派对
If there was a... a party,
那我就不知道了
then I know nothing about that.
您受邀参加那场晚宴
You were invited to that dinner
以贵宾的身份
as a guest of honor.
我去了 参加了晚宴 但不是像你说的那样
I was there, so I was at the dinner. I don't think it was as you might put it,
但是 好吧 我去了 我参加了晚宴
but, okay, I was there. I was there at a dinner.
我只想理清楚
I'm just trying to work this out
因为您说 您过去是为了断绝关系
because you said you went to break up the relationship,
然而 您在那个纽约豪♥宅♥住了好几天
and yet you stayed at that New York mansion several days.
我想知道有多久...
I'm wondering how long--
我在那里的时候 有很多事情要做
电影精选列表