这个梦永远都是相同的
The dream is always the same.
我走入邻居的家,而没回到自己的家
Instead of going home, I go to the neighbors'.
我按门铃,但没人应门
I ring, but nobody answers.
门是开的,所以我走了进去
The door is open, so I go inside.
我四处看看有没有人,但似乎都没人在
I'm looking around for the people, but nobody seems to be there.
然后我听到浴室有声音
And then I hear the shower running...
所以我上楼去看个究竟
...so I go upstairs to see what's what.
于是我看见她
Then I see her.
这个…女孩
This...girl.
令人无法置信的女孩
This incredible girl.
我的意思是说,我不明白她为什么会在那里
I mean, what she's doing there I don't know...
因为她并不住在那儿
...because she doesn't live there...
但这只是个梦,所以我也就没想那么多
...but it's a dream, so I go with it.
她问:“是谁在那儿?”
"Who's there?" she says.
我回答说:“乔尔”
"Joel," I say.
“你在这儿做什么?”
"What are you doing here?"
“我不知道我在这儿做什么”
"I don't know what I'm doing here.
“那你又在这儿做什么?”
What are you doing here?"
她回答说:“我正在洗澡”
"I'm taking a shower," she says.
于是我问她:
Then I give her:
“你要我离开吗?”
"You want me to go?"
她说:“不,我要你帮我洗背”
"No," she says. "I want you to wash my back."
所以,我渐渐对这个梦热烈起来
So now I'm getting enthusiastic about this dream.
我走向她,但由于这片濛濛的雾气,我找不到她
So I go to her, but she's hard to find through all the steam and stuff.
因此,我又失去她
I keep losing her.
最后,当我打开这门…
Finally, I get to the door...
我发现自己身在一个满是学生的教室,正在参加大学鉴定考
...and I find myself in a room full of kids taking their College Boards.
我迟到了三个多钟头
I'm over three hours late.
我只剩下两分钟参加考试
I've got two minutes to take the whole test.
我犯了个可怕的错误
I've just made a terrible mistake.
我永远也进不了大学
I'll never get to college.
我的一生毁了
My life is ruined.
好了,玩牌吧
All right, here's the game:
每个人五张牌
Five-card draw with a spit. Anaconda, high-low.
右边两张,左边一张
Pass two to the right, one to the left....
拿到2,A,J或K
Deuces, aces, one-eyed faces wild.
明牌
Guts to open.
发生了什么?
So, what happened?
昨天晚上?
Last night?
对呀,你跟凯斯尔
That's right, with Kessler.
她昨晚在邻居家做临时保姆带小孩
She was babysitting down the street.
- 我们知道呀,讲重点 - 我到那儿去
- We know that. - So I went over there.
结果呢,呃,她正在帮小孩洗澡
Turns out that, uh, she was giving the kid a bath...
不小心碰到了花洒喷头
...and accidentally hit the shower thing.
- 她的衣服弄湿了,都放在楼上晾干 - 那有可能发生
- Her clothes were drying upstairs. - That could happen.
- 有可能 - 可不是嘛
- That's possible. - Tell me about it, tell me about it.
后来她躺在了厨房♥地板上
So she plops down right on the kitchen floor...
就在咖啡机下面
...under Mr. Coffee...
然后她看着我说道:
...she looks up at me and she says:
“我觉得自己心潮澎湃”
"I think I'm in the mood."
- 她这么说吗? - 哈哈
- She said that? - Ha, ha.
- 我正在讲嘛 - 你说什么?
- I'm telling you. - What did you say?
我并不需要说什么
I didn't have to say anything.
你做了什么?
What did you do?
你认为我做了什么?
What do you think I did?
我认为你一定赶紧逃回家自♥慰♥
I think you got the hell out of there, ran home and whacked off.
- 对 - 我不同意
- Right. - I disagree.
- 你骑脚踏车去的吗? - 是呀
- Did you have your bike there? - Yeah.
我认为你一定是跳上你的脚踏车,飞奔回家自♥慰♥
I think you jumped on your bike, pedaled home and whacked off.
- 你们这些家伙就这么认为吗? - 是的
- That's what you guys think, right? - Yeah. That's what I think.
凯思尔那样坐在地板上,说她想要我,而我却骑单车回家?
Ride home? With Kessler sitting there on the floor like that, just wanting me?
是的,回家打手♥枪♥
Yup. Flog the bishop.
- 葛森,你没勇气 - 是呀
- No guts, Goodsen. - Yeah.
当我真正面临性♥爱♥时,我没有被她吸引住
Only when it came down to it, I just wasn't attracted to her.
- 但你还是很想做 - 她看起来太高大了
- That should never stop you. - She seemed too big.
你和她本来真可以成功的
It could've worked out.
我认为我会陷入麻烦
I figured I'd have gotten into trouble.
天呐,有时你必须说“去他妈的”才会让你下定决心行动
God. Sometimes you gotta say, "What the fuck." Make your move.
你说得倒简单
That's easy for you to say.
我的意思是,你的前途无忧,你可能会进入哈佛大学
I mean, you're all set. You're probably going to Harvard.
我不要犯任何错误来毁坏我的前途
Me, I don't want to make a mistake, jeopardize my future.
乔尔,让我告诉你一件事
Joel, you wanna know something?
什么?
What?
偶尔说说“去他妈的”
Every now and then, say, "What the fuck."
“去他妈的”这句话给你自♥由♥
"What the fuck" gives you freedom.
自♥由♥带来了机会
Freedom brings opportunity.
机会创造了你的前程
Opportunity makes your future.
- 迈尔 - 马上过去
- Miles. - Be right there.
你父母快要出去度假了
So your folks are going out of town.
明天出发
Tomorrow.
只有你自己看家了?
You've got the place all to yourself?
是呀
Yeah.
去他妈的
What the fuck.
如果你无法说出来
If you can't say it...
你就无法做出来
...you can't do it.
乔尔,你昨天收到大学鉴定考的成绩了吗?
Joel, did you get your SAT scores yesterday?
是的
Yes.
结果如何?
Well, how did you do?
数学597分,英文560分
Five ninety-seven, Math. Five sixty, Verbal.
如果你想的话,可以再考一次吗?
If you wanted to, could you take them over again?
- 我觉得可以 - 太好了
- I guess so. - Great.
乔尔,我给你看一样东西
Joel, I want to show you something.
亲爱的,有没有带我的防身喷雾剂?
Honey, did you pack my Mace?
在你的化妆箱里
It's in your cosmetic case.
[ 音响正播放悦耳音乐 ]
[ EASY-LISTENING MUSIC PLAYING ON STEREO ]
乔尔,你有没有听到什么奇怪的声音?
Joel, do you hear something odd?
- 有没有听到不悦耳的声音? - 没有
- Something unpleasant? - No.
或许是很大的贝斯声?
A preponderance of bass, perhaps?
没有
Uh, no.
你有没有乱弄我的设备?
Is this the way I left the equalizer?
- 我没有 - 没有
- No. - No.
这不是你和你朋友们的玩具
This is not some toy for you and your friends.
如果你不能好好用它,那就完全不要用
If you can't use it properly, you're not to use it at all.
这是我的房♥子,就要遵守我的规则
My house, my rules.
乔尔,我和比尔·路德佛谈过
Joel, I spoke to Bill Rutherford.
原来他要为普林斯顿大学做招生采访
Turns out he interviews for Princeton.
我永远也进不了普林斯顿大学
I'll never get into Princeton.
我已经预约好了一次招生采访
I already arranged an interview.
四号♥,星期五晚上,在我们家
Friday night, the 4th, at the house.
喔,天呐,爸
Oh, Jesus, Dad.
亲爱的,告诉他有关你在学校参加“未来企业”的课程
Honey, tell him about your involvement with Future Enterprisers.
他们喜欢那类的事
They look for that sort of thing.
对吧?
Right?
这里有五十元给你买♥♥吃的,一定会有剩的
There's 50 for food, which should be more than enough...
另外五十元有急事再用,在箱子里还有额外二十五元
...another 50 fore emergencies, and an extra 25 just in case.
不要忘了到院子里给花草浇水,还有餐厅里的榕属盆栽
Don't forget to water the plants around the patio and in the dining room.
注意事项我都写下了,贴在冰箱门上
I wrote that down, it's on the fridge door.
- 爸,要我帮你热车子引擎吗? - 不用,车子保养得很好
- Dad, want me to start your car? - The car will be fine.
只是为了给电瓶充电
For the battery, I mean.
乔尔,拜托不要用我的车子,你开车是没有保险的
Joel, please, you're not to use my car. You're not insured for it.
- 坐公车吧 - 用我的车吧,亲爱的
- Use the station wagon. - Use my car, honey.
- 好吧 - 乔尔?
- Okay - Joel?
我们达成共识了吗?
Do we understand each other?
好的!
Okay!
噢…
Oh, uh...
亲爱的,如果家里有什么事,你可以自己妥善处理
...darling, as far as the house is concerned, just use your best judgment.
我们信任你
You know we trust you.
- 好好玩吧 - 自己要小心
- Have a great time. - Be good.
我们会很好的,你也要很好喔
We will, honey. You too. Mwah.
再见
Bye.
电影精选列表