Because while we've been doing this,
你关心的只是怕你的鸭子煮过头了
all you're worried about, really, is overcooking your duck.
-没错 -你跟我一样
- Oh, yes. - You are, like me,
不管电视了 不管那个
"Blow the television, blow that.
我就在意我的鸭子
It's my duck I'm worried about."
没错
Oh, yes.
-好 -好
- OK. - OK.
-我们最好继续 -好
- We'd better get on with it. - OK.
我知道这道菜一定会成为
'I know this dish is going to be included
我圣诞节的最爱之一
'among my Christmas favourites.
在鸭油里放过鼠尾草之后
'So having already infused the duck fat with some sage,
梅西又放了点迷迭香
'Merce adds a few sprigs of rosemary
还有大量的白兰地 毕竟是圣诞节大餐
and a generous portion of brandy. It is Christmas after all.
现在放梨 只需炖十分钟即可
'Now for the pears. They only need to cook for about 10 minutes.
所以要
'So you need to have
备好接下来要用的一些基本配料
'the next essential set of ingredients already prepared.
加泰罗尼亚人在菜品调味上
'The Catalans have perfected a marvellous way
精益求精
'of seasoning many of their dishes.
梅西正在给我演示怎么制♥作♥干料
'Merce is showing me how to make a picada,
是用烤熟的榛子加上
'which is a combination of toasted hazelnuts
红辣椒 大蒜 橄榄油和欧芹捣碎
and romesco peppers, garlic, olive oil and parsley.
通常也会加上面包
'Bread is also a common ingredient
但有趣的是梅西没用
'but I was interested to find that Merce left it out.'
-能帮我一下吗 -好的
- Will you help me? - Yeah, yeah,
-这太重了 -确实
- It's quite heavy. - It is.
-天啊 -好了
- Oh, my God. - Ok.
这颜色是不是很有圣诞节的感觉
'Don't these colours look Christmassy?
这道菜真的很妙
'I found this dish a real inspiration.
就像是肥硕的鸭子和节日水果梨
'The thought of a marriage between the richness of duck
之间的联姻 对我很有吸引力
'and a festive fruit like pears really appeals to me.
看到梅西巧用干料把酱汁
'Having seen the satisfying way the picada was used by Merce
变得更加浓稠
'to thicken the sauce,
这给了我灵感
I was inspired to use a similar technique
回到别♥墅♥后可以用同样的方法
'back at the villa to prepare an Andalusian dish
在佳节为朋友们准备一道安达卢西亚菜肴
'that I've cooked on a number of occasions for friends.'
我特别喜爱安达卢西亚菜肴
I'm particularly fond of this Andalusian dish
因为它很有
because it has so many
北非风味 比如肉豆蔻
flavours of North Africa, things like nutmeg,
香菜 丁香 黑胡椒和藏红花
coriander, cloves, black pepper and saffron,
真的不仅仅是北非
really go not just to North Africa
还能追溯到伊朗 波斯风味
but all the way back to Iran, back to Persia.
但用雪利酒和藏红花一起烹饪
But then it's cooked with sherry and saffron
还是很有西班牙风味的
which is very Spanish as well,
所以这是很有趣的
so you've got this really interesting
摩尔和西班牙风味的混搭
blending of Moorish and Spanish flavours,
在安达卢西亚的圣诞节 这个很受欢迎
and it's a real favourite in Andalucia at Christmas.
安达卢西亚的日光
In the same way that light seems to take on
似乎同样强烈
an astounding intensity in Andalusia,
所以这里的菜肴都用了
so the flavours of this dish reflect a powerful combination
芳香很浓烈的材料
of the most aromatic ingredients.
难怪是为节日准备的
No wonder then it's eaten on high days and holidays.
我正在用这道菜的基本作料
I'm infusing fried chicken
新鲜的香料粉给这道炸鸡入味
with the essential flavours of this dish, freshly crushed spices,
然后用岩盐 和藏红花
followed by rock salt and saffron,
这是一种
the luxury ingredient
从万里之外的中东落户到西班牙南部的
that travelled from its original birthplace in the Middle East
名贵香料
to a new-found home in southern Spain.
我必须说我爱烹饪
I do love cooking, I must say.
当把香料放进锅里 闻着橄榄油
Just putting all that spice in there, smelling the olive oil
和调料随着高温散发出来的香气
and the heating-up spice, you just think, you know,
我站在炉灶前比在任何地方都开心
I'm happier over a stove than anywhere else.
你可能觉得我
You might have thought I was being a bit, well,
直接把洋葱放到鸡肉上 这么做不精细
unrefined by bunging in the onions on top of the chicken,
但我不觉得有多大区别
but I can't see that it makes that much difference.
我总是看着菜的配方思考
I'm always looking at recipes and thinking,
怎么做可以更简便
"How can I make this simpler?"
因为我认为烹饪就该从简
Because I think cooking should be simple.
不能搞得很复杂
It shouldn't be difficult.
当鸡肉吸收了所有调料的香味
While the chicken is absorbing the flavours of all those spices,
再添点雪利酒
I add some dry sherry.
这就是自♥制♥鸡汤 最后放点香叶
This is home-made chicken stock. And finally, some bay leaves.
然后就放在那用小火慢炖四十分钟
I just leave it to simmer and cook gently for about 40 minutes.
现在要做干料
And now it's time for the picada.
我的配方里一定要放面包
I'm definitely using bread in my recipe.
将面包切成小块用蒜末和橄榄油煎一下
Just frying small chunks with slices of garlic and some olive oil
直到面包表面呈金黄色
until the bread begins to take on a golden colour.
然后把煎好的面包放到研钵里捣碎
Back in the mortar and pestle I begin crushing the bread
这时要放一些
and in stages start adding
制♥作♥干料的基本配料
the essential ingredients that go to make a picada.
我要用到松仁和去皮的杏仁
I'm using both pine nuts and blanched almonds.
有点奢侈的是
And for a bit of extravagance,
我还加了蛋黄
I also add an egg yolk to my paste.
要均匀捣碎
That's nicely pounded.
然后我要放点
I'm just going to loosen
鸡汤稀释一下
it up a little bit with some chicken stock.
现在把干料一点点地放进炖鸡里
Now I add the picada slowly to the simmering chicken
汤汁马上就变浓稠了
and almost immediately the sauce begins to thicken.
为了增强质感 我要在上菜前
For added texture, I like to chop up some more pine nuts
再加一些剁碎的松仁和平叶欧芹点缀
with flat-leaf parsley, and garnish just before serving.
就不再需要其他配菜了
No need to include anything else as a side dish.
用这种酱汁烹饪出的鸡肉 可以胜任
The chicken, fortified by this sauce, will prove a real winner
任何场合的大餐
for any special occasion.
阿♥拉♥伯人留下的宝贵烹饪遗产
A gift left behind by the Arab culinary legacy
来到了贫瘠的西班牙 充满了东方色彩
to an impoverished Spain, full of eastern promise.
在我们穿越那片未知的西班牙土地
During our travels through Extremadura,
埃斯特雷马杜拉之时 这位就是我们的向导
our guide in that fairly undiscovered region of Spain
瓦内莎·帕拉乔斯
was Vanesa Palacios.
瓦内莎 你能赏光过来真好
It's really nice you came over, Vanesa.
-再次见面的感觉真好 -荣幸之至
- It's lovely to see you again. - Such a pleasure.
-我给你准备了礼物 -是什么
- I've got a present for you. - What's that?
-我从西班牙给你带了黄金奖券 -是吗
- I've brought a gold ticket for you from Spain. - Really?
-这是什么 -是我们圣诞节的彩票
- What is this then? - That is for our big Christmas lottery.
叫做"肥仔乐透" 就是我们说的
It's called El Gordo. It's what we say,
胖子 大块头
the fat, you know, the big one.
-这是圣诞节的大乐透 -对
- This is the big Christmas lottery? - It is.
12月11日开奖 奖金数额很大
And it's 22nd December, it's a massive one. So...
你真是太好了 非常感谢
That's really nice of you. Thank you very much.
-如果中了 要去当地领奖吗 -对
- If I win, I'll have to come over and pick up? - Yeah.
好啊 那很好
OK, well, that'll be good.
你就得回来领奖了
You have to come back to pick up the prize.
见到你真好 记得上次见面
It's nice to see you. Just remember the last time I saw you,
是我们一起品尝一道菜
we were having that dish.
那天吃的是乱炖
What we ate that day was chanfaina.
-是道历史悠久的菜肴 -乱炖
- It's an old dish. - Chanfaina.
乱炖
Chanfaina.
这是一道古老的菜肴 带给我们诸多回忆
It's an old-fashioned dish. It brings our memories,
让我想起我祖母
my grandma's memories back.
所以我们每个圣诞节都会吃这道菜
So we do have it every Christmas.
这很让人愉悦 你如此健谈
It's just so convivial, that you just have so much to talk about.
-西班牙语里叫"饭后闲聊" -闲聊
- That is something we call in Spain sobremesa. - Sobremesa?
饭后 我们喜欢放松
After a meal, we like relaxing.
我们喜欢食物 享受食物
We have some food, we enjoy food.
食物在圣诞节时最重要
Food is the big thing during Christmas time.
-对 -如你所想 我们不赶时间
- Yeah. - We are not in a rush, as you can imagine.
对 不久之后...
No! Well, manana is where...
就放松下来享受美食
Take it easy and enjoy the food!
在西班牙的时候 我很荣幸受邀
Back in Spain, I was really honoured to be asked to observe
参加这个相亲相爱大家庭的聚会
this intimate family gathering.
乱炖是一道用羊内脏做的菜
Chanfaina is a recipe made from offals,
很多人不会在节日时享用这道菜
something most people would choose to avoid at celebrations,
但没人敢让瓦内莎的祖母失望
电影精选列表