No, I meant…
我是指电灯
I meant the lights.
茨维科夫照明系统
Tsvetkov Illumination System.
尤里·茨维科夫,阿大,我的小伙伴
Yury Tsvetkov, Dave, a partner of mine.
一个保加利亚人,89年叛逃到甘德镇
A Bulgarian guy, he defected at Gander in '89.
他短暂寄宿过
He boarded with us briefly.
我一直以为他要前往加利福尼亚
Well, I always reckoned he headed out for California.
工作原理是什么?
How do they work?
我不得其解
It's a mystery to me.
相信我,阿大
I'll tell you, Dave.
它们确实打破了能量方程式
They actually break the energy equation.
真的
That's right.
你可以照亮那种最大的房♥间
You can light the biggest kind of a room
凭一节5号♥电池
with a double A battery.
是的,但阿大
Yeah. But Dave…
奇怪的是
The strange thing is…
不能在灯下看书
you can't read under it.
那些字转眼便会从纸上飘散
The words just float right off the page.
好了,来吧
Okay, come on.
噢,阿大
Oh, Dave.
谈正事前
Before we get down to business…
我想请你指教一二
I'd like to ask your opinion on something.
你一直到处跑吗?
You've been around, eh?
什么意思?
What do you mean?
我的意思是,你是见过世面的人
I mean you're a man of the world.
在大城市待过
Spent some time in the big city.
你混迹于
You hung around with the…
放荡不羁的圈子
bohemian crowd.
我想是的
I suppose.
我没故意暗示什么
I don't mean to imply anything.
不是要暗示你有…
Not about to suggest you had…
- 什么见不得人的本事 - 想问什么,老方?
-any intimate knowledge… -What's the question, Phonce?
因为
Because…
我偶然发现了这个
I came across this.
我,打捞上来的,也能这么说
I, uh… salvaged it, I guess you could say.
这是一项海上作业行动
It's an operation being undertaken at sea.
并且
And…
至少还有20多个这样的
There are at least 20 more like this one.
哦?
Yes?
我想知道
And I was wondering
这是不是
is this…
可♥卡♥因♥,阿大,或海♥洛♥因♥?
the cocaine, Dave, or heroin?
我并非瘾君子,也…
Not that I am a drug addict or…
也没这个打算
or even planning on becoming one.
不过
But…
这肯定值点钱,对吧?
this must be worth a few dollars, eh?
皇天在上
Christ in heaven.
那么,一直在监视你的就是警♥察♥
Then who's been watching you is the police.
不,不会
No, no.
我是两年前回收的
I recovered this over two years ago.
老天爷
Jesus.
想必得有…
That must be…
26磅
Twenty-six pounds.
你想让我做什么?
What do you want me to do?
告诉我,它是什么,值多少钱,我们去哪脱手?
Well, you tell me what it is, how much it's worth and where we can unload it.
你吸过可♥卡♥因♥吗?
I mean, have you ever tried cocaine?
- 不,不,不,从没有 - 哦
-No, no, no, no, never. -Oh.
没有
No.
一两次吧
Once or twice.
我认识的人有一些
Somebody I knew had some.
- 所以? - 看在上帝份上,老方,我不是专家
-So? -For Christ's sake, Phonce, I'd… I am no expert.
你可以扔海里
You can throw it in the bay.
有人会为此大开杀戒
People kill for this stuff.
好吧,所以,你不能肯定这
Well, so, you don't think it's…
- 就是可♥卡♥因♥? - 我不知道
-really cocaine? -I don't know.
我还以为你会用鼻吸
I thought you horked it up your nose.
是可♥卡♥因♥
It's cocaine.
它确实是鼻子吸的
And you do put it up your nose.
那么,东西还行吗?
So, is it any good?
好东西,真的不错
It's good. It's good.
- 可以吗? - 噢,别客气
-May I? -Oh, fill your boots.
我依然搞不懂的,老方,就是
What I still don't understand, Phonce, is
RSV是什么,以及
what is an RSV and
为什么那些温尼贝戈土著
why would these Winnebago people
会对这一大袋东西感兴趣?
be interested in this giant sack?
两码事
They're unrelated.
它们完全是两码事,阿大
They're totally unrelated, Dave.
阿大,阿大
Dave, Dave.
这
This
就是我的
is my…
“海底观光潜艇”
Recreational Submarine Vehicle.
或简称RSV
Or RSV, for short.
“温尼贝戈”
Winnebago.
房♥车界的巨头
The recreational vehicle giant.
我觉得他们想窃取我的蓝图
I think they mean to steal my plans.
但老方,你真觉得“海底观光潜艇”会有市场吗?
But, Phonce, do you think there's a market for Recreational Submarine Vehicles?
玫瑰冠鸊鷉,我的朋友
Rose crested grebe, my friend.
玫瑰冠的鸊鷉
Rose crested grebe.
- 所以? - 大自然,老伙计
-So? -Nature, old man.
人们对大自然越来越着迷
Uh, people are going mental onto nature.
那些怪咖成天藏头露尾
I… I mean, get geezers hiding in blinds all day
就为了捉几只他们根本不打算吃的鸟
to get a snap of some bird that they're not even gonna eat.
这艘RSV,一旦我们给它开几扇窗
Well, the RSV, once we get a few windows in,
- 就能让人们尽情欣赏小鱼 - 看着有点挤
-so people can see all the little fishies. -Looks a little cramped.
还是个雏形
Uh, it's a prototype.
双人艇,你有没有兴趣跟我一起试航?
It's a two-man. If you're interested in joining me on the sea trials?
哈,当然有
Oh, I would.
迫不及待
In a heartbeat.
但我恐怕等不到了
But I doubt I'll be around.
为什么
Why?
我打算卖♥♥掉“海雀”
I am going to sell The Auk.
开不下去了
It's not working out.
没人光顾
People aren't coming.
我没钱了
I am going bust.
我已黔驴技穷,你懂的,各种法子,老方
Through there was anything I could do, you know, any choice I had, Phonce,
- 用尽了 - 阿大
-anything at all… -Dave. -Mm?
要我说,你是我生平
Though I got to say you're one of the best cooks
遇到过的最好的厨子之一
that I've ever come across in my life.
我想我必须指出,“海雀”在市场营销方面
I feel I must observe that there have been some serious shortcomings
存在一些严重的短板
in the marketing department over at The Auk.
或许是选址有点太过偏僻了
Maybe it is a little too far off the beaten track.
胡说八道
Nonsense.
是促销不力
It's the marketing.
跟与世隔绝无关
And isolation's got nothing to do with it. I mean,
这本该是一大卖♥♥点
uh, that should be part of the appeal.
阿大,你看,人们愿意,愿意飞越半个地球来此
Dave, look, look. People will… will fly here from halfway across the world
就,就为了干瞅着鲸鱼或给塘鹅拍照
to… to gawk at a whale or to take a picture of a gannet.
阿大
Dave.
阿大,阿大,我想到个点子
Dave. Dave, I got an idea.
来,来,再来点,伙计
Go on, go on. Go ahead, boy.
阿大
Dave.
其实很明显
It's so clear.
现在你,你答应我,你会再试一次
Now you… you promise me you'll give this a second chance.
- 可以 - 好,就当是为了我,行吗?
-Sure. -All right. Just do this one thing for me, all right?
瞧,我是说,就算你要卖♥♥掉“海雀”
Now, I mean, even if you got to sell The Auk
卖♥♥一家生意兴隆的店也会…
you'll be in a much better negotiating position to be…
更有利于谈价钱,对吧?
pitching a goin' concern, right?
我的天,阿大,冷清的餐厅会被人敲竹杠,对吗?
Christ, Dave, they'll fleece you for an empty restaurant, right?
好,听我说
All right, now listen to me.
我有个小计划
I got a little plan.
行了,我们已就位
电影精选列表