记得一件事,我保证
And remember one thing, lads, and I can vouch for this,
女人都爱军人
all the ladies love a soldier.
去啊
Come on!
谁愿意第一个来替国王效劳?
Now, who'll be the first brave lad to come and take the King's shilling?
我要找勇敢的男孩
I'm looking for boys with hearts of oak,
爱国王和国家的年轻人
lads who love their king and country,
恨死德国人的年轻人
men what hates the lousy Hun.
走吧,去打仗
Go on, son. Go and fight.
当祖国召唤时,每个人都有义务去战斗
It's every man's duty to fight when his country calls.
去吧
Go on!
你这样不算男人
You're not a man.
懦夫!懦夫
Coward! Coward!
懦夫
Coward!
考克斯要我去市场 我在那里看到士兵征召
Farmer Cox sent me to market. The army was there recruiting.
吉米,彼得,还有佛瑞德都参加了
Jimmy Parsons joined up, and Pete, Fred.
别担心,他们不能逼你去
Don't worry about it, Tommo. They can't make you go.
你太年轻了
You're too young, anyway.
我快16岁了
I'm nearly 16.
19岁以上才能到海外服役,他们不会要小男孩的
You gotta be 19 to serve overseas, Tommo. They don't want boys.
我不是小男孩
I'm not a boy.
小屁孩… - 住口,乔
Baby boy, baby boy... - Stop it now, Joe.
职业军人的确是这样
Anyway, that's what the professional army's for.
那些志愿者都是勇士
They're a brave lot, though, the volunteers.
如果让女人掌权,根本不可能有战争的发生
If women had their say, there wouldn't be war in the first place.
查理,你不会去吧
Charlie, you wouldn't go, would you?
别做傻事
No, don't be daft.
我开枪打老鼠,因为老鼠会咬我
I'd shoot a rat, because it might bite me.
开枪打兔子,因为可以吃
I'd shoot a rabbit, 'cause I could eat that.
但为什么要去打德国人?
But why would I wanna shoot a German?
我从来没见过什么德国人
I never met a German.
你看了伤亡名单了吗?
You've seen the lists, Tommo? All the killed and wounded?
为了什么?
What's it for?
让那些有钱人为了自己的利益
So a few little rich men can hang on to power a little while longer
牺牲无辜老百姓
while they bleed us dry?
我不确定 - 那样不对
I don't know about that, Charlie. - No, it ain't right.
我无法承受这种损失。詹姆士不在了
I couldn't bare the loss. Not with James gone.
总比挖粪好吧
It's better than shovelling shit.
也比终身为别人工作,到最后一无所有好吧
It's better than breaking your back all your life working someone else's land.
薪水也比较好
And it's better pay, too.
但那不是能做永久的工作
It's not a job that lasts forever, though, is it, Tommo'?
谁想一辈子待在这里?
Well, who wants to get stuck here forever?
这是你家乡啊,托马斯。你出生的地方
Here is home, Tommo. This is where you're from.
你希望谁踏上我们的街道?
Who would you rather see walking through the streets?
我们还是德国人?
Us lot or the Hun?
成熟点好吗,拜托
Grow up, Tommo, please.
你是懦夫,查理·皮斯福尔
You're a coward, Charlie Peaceful.
你累了,托马斯
And you're tired, Tommo.
别说以后会后悔的话
So don't say anything you'll regret in the morning.
名字? - 托马斯·皮斯福尔
Name? - Thomas Peaceful.
职业? - 农场雇员
Occupation? - Farm labourer.
出生日期? - 10月5日
Date of birth? - Fifth of October.
年份?
Year?
年份呢?
Year, lad?
1♥8♥9♥5年10月5日
Fifth of October, 1♥8♥9♥5.
签名
Sign this.
去找医生检查
Now report to the doctor.
下一个
Next.
名字? - 约翰穆迪
Name? - John Moody.
职业? - 工人
Occupation? - Labourer.
出生日期?
Date of birth?
咳一下
Cough.
壮得跟牛一样
Fit as a fiddle.
抬头挺胸,很好
Stand up straight, lad.
5尺10寸
There you are. 5'10".
吸气
Breathe in.
一起来啊,托马斯
Come along, Tommo!
瞧我的
Watch me.
露易丝
Louise.
尼波 - 托马斯
Nipper. - Tommo.
我爱你,莫莉
I love you, Molly.
在你朋友面前吻我 你不会觉得丢脸吗?
What, you're not embarrassed to kiss me in front of your pals?
不会
No.
不会啊,为什么要?
No, why should I be?
查理,你有什么心事?
Charlie, what's bothering you?
所有的朋友都要去打仗了,而我却留在这里
All the lads going off to war, and I'm staying here.
查理,他们又没有要当爸爸
Charlie, they're not about to become fathers!
我的儿子,你做了什么?
My little boy. What have you done?
爸爸会希望我这么做
It's what Father would've wanted.
我不这么认为,托马斯
I'm not so sure, Tommo.
来,你♥爸♥爸会希望把这给你
There. Your father wanted you to have it
当你长大的时候
when you were grown up.
我不抽烟
I don't smoke.
“法兰德斯营区 1914年”
把烟灭掉,你们想被炸死吗?
Put that bloody fag out! You want your head blown off?
中士?
Sergeant?
壕沟晚上不能抽烟
No smoking in the trenches at night!
为什么?
Why not?
因为火花会点燃炸♥药♥库,笨蛋
Because Fritz will snipe your cobblers off, you berk!
但这不是壕沟,而且现在是白天
But we're not in the trenches, Sergeant, and it's daytime.
站好,挺胸
Stand still! Chest out!
缩小腹,看前方
Stomach in! Look to the front!
老天
Jesus Christ.
他们只能找到这些货色吗?
And you're the best they can send us these days?
要我把你们训练成有血性士兵?
And I'm supposed to make bloody soldiers out of you.
名字
Name!
皮斯弗尔,中士。托马斯·皮斯福尔
Peaceful, Sergeant. Private Tommo Peaceful.
你想要把头炸开吗? - 不想,中士
You want your head blown off, Peaceful? - No, Sergeant.
你想要把头炸开吗? - 不想,中士
You want your nuts blown off, Peaceful? - No, Sergeant.
你想要把头炸开吗? - 不想,中士
You want your arse blown off, Peaceful? - No, Sergeant.
我说什么你就照作 - 是的,中士
Then you do what I say, when I say it. - Yes, Sergeant.
谢谢你,汉利中士
Thank you, Sergeant Hanley.
威金斯队长,长官
Captain Wilkins, sir!
稍息
At ease.
你们长途跋涉而来
You've all had a long voyage, men.
走得很辛苦
A hard march.
去这里的酒吧放松一下吧
You have leave to visit the local estaminet.
什么? - 酒吧,第一轮酒你请客
The what, sir? - The pub, and the first round's on you.
是,长官
Sir!
他们是谁?
Who are they?
印第安人啊 跟我们一样都是士兵
Indians, Tommo. Soldiers like you and me.
他们唱的是外国歌♥吗? - 外国歌♥
Are those fellows singing foreign? - Foreign.
他们说什么我一个字都听不懂
No, I don't understand a word they're saying anyway.
那是谁?
Who's that?
嘿,托马斯 - 查理
Hey, Tommo lad! - Charlie!
你怎么会在这里? - 总要有人来照顾你吧
What the hell are you doing here? - Well, someone had to look after this one.
我自己会照顾自己
I can look after myself.
你怎么现在才来?
And what took you so long, mate?
帕森 - 总比没来好吧
Parsons. - Better late than never.
你早点来战争就结束了
If you'd left it much longer, the war would've been over.
那是哪来的? - 妈妈给的,全世界最棒的表
Where'd you get that? - Mother. It's the best watch in the world.
是爸爸的表
It's Father's watch.
长得像他 - 注意啦
Heir apparent. - Grub's up!
她是我们的开胃菜
And she is the hors d'oeuvre.
你是战士啊,汤米
You are a fighting boy, Tommy?
我不叫汤米,我是托马斯
Not Tommy. Tommo.
我不懂
I do not understand.
但你太年轻了不该上战场
But I think you are too young to be in a war.
我足龄了。我要与我的兄弟一起作战
I'm old enough. I'm fighting here with my pals and my brother.
回家吧,汤米
Go home, Tommy.
他不喜欢你喔
No likey, Monsieur Bum Fluff.
他好像不喜欢你喔 你只是个小屁孩
电影精选列表