你觉得她能胜任吗
Do you think she's up to it?
这必须得由你亲自问
That is a question only you can ask.
我认为你应该见见她
I think that you should meet with her.
- 你来安排吧 - 嗯
- Set that up. - Hmm.
现在…带我上♥床♥吧
Now... take me to bed.
你先
You first.
让我看看
Let me see it.
开枪
Fire!
那个病怏怏的男孩儿怎么了
What happened to Johnny Boy?
他就像我的儿子
Was like a son to me.
他一直在和联邦调查局谈话
He's been talking to the Feds.
相信我这一次
Trust me on this one.
我要你来处理
I want you to handle it.
嗯
Uh-huh.
现在我们要找一个好地方...
Now we're just looking for a good spot...
...用铲子
Mm-hmm. ...with the shovel.
- 把三色堇给我 - 嗯
- Can I get a pansy? - Yeah.
给你
Here you go.
你只需把它跟新土壤混合...
And you just mix it with the new soil...
然后...
and...
好了
Nice.
这很容易
That's easy enough.
- 哦 哈弗希尔女士来了 - 好的
- Oh, here comes Ms. Haverhill. - Okay.
玛雅
Maya.
- 我是诺玛·哈弗希尔 - 嗨
- I'm Norma Haverhill. -Hi.
我喜欢你的打扮
I like your outfit.
我想知道你是否需要任何帮助
I was wondering if you needed any help.
我们... 嗯... 一切都在控制之中
We were, um... It's under control.
嗯 现在是午餐时间 或许我们可以吃点零食
Well, it's lunchtime. Perhaps we could get a snack.
我什么都没有准备
I don't have anything prepared.
我们去午餐室
We'll use the lunch room.
纳维尔说你很期待我过来
Narvel mentioned that you had expected me to come by.
是我的原因
That's on me.
我道歉
I apologize.
我是个老女人 有时我会忘记该做什么
I'm an old woman and sometimes I forget what's proper.
是你点的吗
Did you order this?
不
No.
不太合适
It is less than suitable.
唔...
Hmm...
我们可以去主屋 让罗尼给我们做一个...
We could go to the main house and Ronnie could whip us up a...
哦 不 没关系 谢谢
Oh, no, it's okay, thank you.
不用那么麻烦
I'm a very simple person.
你肯定有很多话要说
There's a lot to be said for that.
在温室里 我们正在努力
In the greenhouses, we're working
栽培蜘蛛花
with Cleome Senorita Rosalitas.
- 这么早 - 嗯嗯
- Already? - Mm-hmm.
它很漂亮
Such a beautiful flower.
当花瓣从白色变成紫色时…
And when the white sheds to purple...
需要一直去除开败的花
It needs to be deadheaded.
这样植株才能把养分输送给新的花苞
It channels the energy to the flowers
而不是分散到种子上
instead of the seeds.
你还记得我吗
Do you remember me?
嗯 当然
Yeah, of course.
你妈妈呢
And your mother?
她也没有忘记你
Um, yeah. Yes.
她提过我吗
Did she talk about me?
是的
Yeah.
你想知道吗
Do you wanna hear this?
- 什么 - 你想知道吗
- Sorry? - Do you wanna hear this?
呃...
Um...
我穿好做园艺的衣服
I got dressed for garden work,
过跟你一起吃饭
walked over here, I invited you to lunch,
我把你托付给了纳维尔
I trusted you to Narvel.
当然了 我想听听你想说什么
Of course I want to hear what you have to say.
没什么比这还迫切了
There's nothing I want to hear more.
唔
Hmm.
好吧 她很矛盾
Well, she was conflicted.
她觉得你以为她是...
She felt that you thought she was...
嗯…难当大任
um... inadequate.
她是这么想的吗
She thought that?
是的
Yes.
你得知道她不是我的孩子
You need to remember she wasn't my child.
她是我姐姐的孩子
She was my sister's child.
但她的名字叫诺玛
But her name was Norma.
她妈妈用你的名字给她取名
Her mother named her after you.
贝蒂 我的妹妹
Betty, my sister,
没有征得我的同意
didn't ask my permission to do that.
我觉得这...
I thought it was...
很冒昧
presumptuous.
也许是她对你心存感恩
Or maybe she wanted to obligate you.
她应该就是这个意思吧
I believe that was her point.
因为她没有足够的资格叫这个名字
Because she was inadequate.
我不喜欢这种语气
I'm not sure I like that tone.
我给了你妈妈我能给的一切
I gave your mother everything I could.
那些都是我姐姐没办法提供的
My sister couldn't give her enough.
不管我给了多少 都不够
Whatever it was, it wasn't enough.
她不会给花♥园♥除草
She couldn't weed her garden.
你怎么知道的
And how could you have known that?
总有些事
There are things you know
是刻在你的骨血里的
in your flesh,
藏不住的
your nostrils, your eyes...
好了
Listen to me.
我来这里是为了开开心心吃顿午饭
I came here for a pleasant lunch
结果我们却还在沉湎往事
and here we are in the muck of the past.
不是什么愉快的往事
It is a muck farm.
如果我冒犯了你 我很抱歉
And I'm sorry if I offended you.
但我不是不够格或是什么无能的人
But I'm not inadequate.
不 你当然不是
No, of course you're not.
你只是太无礼了
You are impertinent.
还有 别想着离开这里
And don't think for a second about leaving Gracewood Gardens.
一夜之间 猩红金银花的顶端
Overnight, black aphids appeared
就生了很多黑色的蛀虫
growing on the tips of the Dropmore scarlet.
所有人都在喷洒印楝油
It was all hands on board to spray a mix of neem oil,
卡拉尼亚油和纯肥皂的混合物
karanja oil, and pure soap
来阻止虫害
to stop the outbreak in its tracks.
我从来没有在女人身上思考太多
I've never thought too much about women,
从来没有
other than as women.
但是这两个女人我真的搞不懂
I'm not sure what it is about these two women,
诺玛和她的侄孙女
Norma and her grandniece.
我也不确定我自己想不想弄明白
I'm not sure I want to know.
植物的二名法
Binomial nomenclature.
每个国家以及不同的文化里都有成千上万种植物
Each country, culture, has thousands of plants.
所有这些植物都有很多个名字
And all those plants have multiple names
还是用不同的语言命名的
in multiple languages.
那么园艺师该如何对一棵树或者一朵花的名字
How were horticulturists supposed to agree
达成一致呢
on the name for a tree or a flower?
18世纪的时候 卡尔·林奈有了个主意
Uh, 1700s, Carl Linné had an idea.
为什么不用一种已经消亡的语言 拉丁语
Why not use a dead language, Latin,
这样行得通吗
that everybody could agree upon?
结果 他先把自己的名字改成了
As a result, he changed his name
卡尔…林奈厄斯
to Carl... Linnaeus.
二名法就是两个词 像人名一样
Now binomial is two words, just like human names.
所以Rosa rubiginosa 就是蔷薇科
So, Rosa rubiginosa, that's a rose.
嗯 甜蔷薇
Uh, sweet briar rose.
举个例子
Take me, for example.
罗斯就是我的属或类别
Roth is my genus, or category,
纳维尔是我的具体名字
and Narvel is my specific name.
现在如果罗斯的意思是红色 或者罗斯姆
Now Roth means red, or Rothum.
所以 如果我是罗斯姆属
So, if I were a Rothum,
人们就可能会问 他是罗斯姆的那一种啊
people might say, "Well, which of the reds is he?"
电影精选列表