这名字曾在疗养院的 访客名单上出现过
a name I had noticed in the nursing home guest book.
她每周去看弗兰克·克劳利两次
She visited Frank Crowley twice every week.
我跟踪她来到皇后区的一个地方
I tracked her down to an address in Queens.
和弗兰克·克劳利一样 我所剩的时间不多了
And, like Frank Crowley, I was running out of time.
她是我唯一的希望
And she was all I had.
喂?
Hello?
喂?
Hello?
(账单)
(代表你方所付支出)
我的天,出去
Oh, my God, get out!
出去,出去,不然我报♥警♥了
Get out. Get out. I'm calling the police.
拜托不要,不要 - 我报♥警♥了
Please don't. No. - I'm calling the police.
拜托不要 - 不,不要碰它,不
No, please. - No, don't touch it. No!
出去,出去 - 给你
Get out! Get out! - Here.
求你别伤害我,你走吧
Please don't hurt me. Just please go.
西格尔太太,我很绝望
Mrs. Segal, I'm desperate.
拜托,我很抱歉未经许可 就进入了你家
Please, I'm sorry I entered your house without permission,
但是...我知道这是不对的
but... I know it's wrong.
我需要你的帮助 西格尔太太,求求你了
I need your help, Mrs. Segal. Please.
你认识我?你怎么认识我?
You know me? How do you know me?
我认识你吗? - 我是波特·雷恩
Do I know you? - I'm Porter Wren.
我是...
I'm a...
我为报纸写专栏
I write a column in the paper.
告知你我的身份是很冒险的做法
I'm risking my whole career, telling you who I am.
请你相信我
And please, trust me.
我一直看你的文章
I read you all the time.
我来这里不是为了写文章
I'm not here for the paper.
我保证我不会写这件事
I promise I won't, I won't write about this.
我...
I'm...
我是想帮助卡洛琳
I'm trying to help Caroline.
如果你愿意回答我几个问题
Now if you could just answer a few questions for me,
我将非常的感激,好吗?
I'd be incredibly grateful. Okay?
好吧 - 西蒙是你们家的朋友?
Okay. - Now, Simon was a family friend?
是的,西蒙和我们的米歇尔是发小
Yes. Simon was best friends with our Michael growing up,
是最好的玩伴 - 是吗?
when they were little. - Oh, yeah?
他们两依然有联♥系♥吗?
They remained friends?
米歇尔八岁的时候淹死了
Michael drowned when he was eight.
西蒙依然每天放学后来我们家
Simon still came over every day after school,
因为弗兰克在上班 而西蒙的妈妈早就去世了
because Frank was working and Simon's mother had passed away already.
你可以说他就像我们的儿子
He became like a replacement son for us, you could say.
你会去看望西蒙的父亲 弗兰克·克劳利
Now, you were visiting Frank Crowley, Simon's dad,
并支付住房♥贷款,对吧?
and billing the estate, right?
是的,自从西蒙能独♥立♥挣钱后
Yes. Simon had his firm send us $2,000 a month,
每个月会给我们寄两千美金
once he started making money,
因为他想照顾我们
because he wanted to take care of us.
对于这件事我觉得很不舒服
I was very uncomfortable with it.
我觉得,我觉得我们应该无愧于心
I thought, I thought we should earn the money.
所以,我每周会去看两次弗兰克
So, I was visiting Frank twice a week at the home.
多年以来,弗兰克和我越来越亲近
Frank and I've become close over the years.
所以我就开始替他做点事
So, I started billing the firm
比如报税或者做其他的相关事务
for those visits by sending invoices on Irv's legal stationery.
你想...你要坐坐
Would you... Would you like to sit,
去楼下吗?
and... and go downstairs?
好的
Sure.
抱歉 - 我刚才吓坏了
Sorry. - That was very scary.
我真的很抱歉 - 是啊
I'm really sorry. - Yeah.
那五千美金是怎么回事?
Now, what about those other $5,000 payments?
那是一些不同的支出
Oh, that was something different.
西蒙让我做一件事 报酬是五千块
Simon said he had a job for me, for which he would pay $5,000.
他让我给第三方送点东西 并为此开具账单
He told me to bill the firm, to send something to a third party.
他说需要我像之前那样 开具具有法律效力的发♥票♥
He said to write the invoice on legal letterhead like I had before.
是不是一张摄影机的存储卡?
Was it a camera memory card?
是的,是一张摄影机的卡
Yes, it was a video camera card.
他给了我一个装着 塑料制东西的盒子
He gave me this whole box of little plastic things.
我不知道里面有什么,我没看
I don't know what was on it. I didn't look at it.
西蒙告诉我,如果我们需要现金
Simon told me, if we needed cash,
就只需做同样的事情 寄出其中的东西
follow the same instructions, mail one of them,
然后开立收据,仅此而已
and bill the firm. It was remarkable.
太令人注意了
Remarkable.
西格尔太太,我需要那个盒子
Mrs. Segal, I need that box of copies.
不不,西蒙要我答应 不把它给任何人
Oh, no, no. Simon made me promise not to give it to anyone.
不,不,你可以继续开♥发♥票
No, no, you keep billing the firm.
但是不能再寄出去了
You just... You can't send them anymore.
是吗?
Really?
因为只剩一个了 我还想知道怎么弄到更多
Because I'm down to my last one, and I was wondering how to make more.
我需要那张视频卡
I need that video card.
这么小的一个东西
Such a small, little thing.
我不知道里面有什么
I have no idea what could be on it.
我胖的不像话
I'm much heavier than I should be.
而且我已经没了正常的性机能
And I'm quite incapable of normal sexual function.
无法做♥爱♥?
Can't have sex?
生活中还有别的事可做
There are other things in life.
有些事你没跟我说
There's something that you're not telling me.
这个嘛... - 不要不好意思
Well... - Well, don't be embarrassed.
你可以告诉我任何事
You can tell me anything,
我什么话都可以倾听 还能保守秘密
and I can take whatever it is and keep it locked up.
这个嘛...
Well...
这事发生在很久以前
Well, it happened a very... a very long time ago.
久的无法再让你承受下去了?
Too long to keep inside of yourself?
那是我大学最后一年的夏天
It was summer, before my final year at university,
我决定去货船上工作
and I decided to work on a freighter.
我是澳大利亚大亨的儿子
I was the son of one of the richest men in Australia.
我做那工作只是为了让我老爸难堪
I took the job just to spite my old man.
总之,我们当时在马赛一周
Anyway, we had a week's shore leave in Marseilles.
我预感到这故事跟一个女人有关
Something tells me there's a woman involved in this story.
和你一样美的女人
As beautiful as you are.
她是马赛最昂贵的妓♥女♥
She was the most expensive prostitute in Marseilles,
而我...我做了一些非常愚蠢的事情
and I... I did something stupendously stupid.
是什么事?
And what is that?
我爱上她了
Well, I fell in love with her.
为了能多看她几眼
And I gave her my last franc
我花光了身上所有的钱
just to be able to look into her eyes for a few minutes longer.
身无分文的我不得不告别
It broke me up to say goodbye.
我吻她
I kissed her,
告诉她我爱她
told her I loved her,
然后沿着黑暗的街道来到港口
and flew down those dark streets to the port.
突然间,一些普通的马赛水手
Suddenly, some of the regular Marseille sailors
追上我并狠狠揍了我一顿
caught up with me and beat me up, pretty badly.
其中一个人用刀捅我的腹股沟
One of them stuck me with a knife, in the groin,
至少...至少通了十几刀
at least... at least a dozen times.
然后他们....他们扔下我等死
And they... and they left me for dead.
我的天
Oh, my God.
我的下♥体♥严重受伤
Well, my manhood was severely wounded.
我...实际上
I... in fact...
实际上...
In fact...
我被阉了
I was butchered.
我找了世界上最好的医生 但是有些事...
Well, I went to the best doctors in the world, but some things...
有些事是处理不了的
Well, some things, you can't fix.
我当时只有20岁
And I was 20-years-old.
我能看看吗?
May I see?
天啊,那太尴尬了
Good God, it's far too embarrassing.
拜托
Please.
给我看看
Show me.
给我看看
Show me.
你不会拒绝我?
You're not repulsed by me?
不会
No.
我觉得你很好
I think you're sweet.
现在我要告诉你一个 我从未对别人讲过的故事
I'd like to tell you a story now that I've never told anyone before.
当我还是个小姑娘的时候 我非常想要一匹马
It's about when I was a little girl and I really wanted a horse.
每一天我都求我的继父要马骑
And every day, I would ask my stepfather for this horse.
我会苦苦哀求他...
I used to beg him, so much...
电影精选列表