and I doubt you are,
没有人会因此想买♥♥一台电脑回家的 没有人
nobody wants to buy a computer. Nobody.
一个人从没见过某样东西时
How does somebody know what they want
他怎么知道自己不想要它?
if they've never even seen it?
呃?
Huh?
我们要去Home Brew电脑俱乐部
We're going to Homebrew.
靠 绝对不去
No... abs...
我不会在Home Brew做展示的
I am not presenting anything at Homebrew.
坚决不要
I'm... No.
这些人为毛开的这么慢? 闪开 让路!
Why do people drive so slow? Get out! Move!
我现在告诉你 我曾去过Home Brew俱乐部
I'm telling you right now, I've been to Homebrew.
那些人口才不错
I understand the caliber of people who speak there.
我可不是那样的人
I'm not one of those people.
我跟你说这东西很好 我不是说...
I'm telling you this thing is amazing. I'm not...
你会很了不起的 沃兹
You're gonna be great, Woz.
史蒂夫 请你帮个忙 你能...
Steve, could you do me a favor, could you just please
开慢一点吗? 这样的话
slow down a little bit so that I feel like
我还有机会活着到那里
there's a chance we might actually get there alive.
我希望我们第一个到达 第一个展示产品
I want to get there first so we can present first.
你知道的 如果我们要开公♥司♥
You know if we're gonna do this thing,
我们得想个好名字
we need to come up with a name.
是的 我知道 这名字得好记 吸引人 像...
Yeah, I know. Something catchy. Something...
我觉得名字里...
I've been thinking about it.
应该要有"电子"
...electric.
它得有点像... 我不知道
It needs to feel like... I don't know.
"企业号♥"计算机公♥司♥怎么样?
What about Enterprise Computers?
不
No.
别给我来"星舰迷航"那套
No Star Trek names.
"柯克企业"怎么样 我发誓...
What about Kirk Enterprises? I swear.
我要开车撞树了 - 好吧 好吧
I will drive this car right off this road. - Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine!
我真的会撞上去哦
I will run the car right off the road.
喔 天啊! 冷静 严肃一点
Jesus! Calm down! Seriously.
好 不要"星舰迷航"那种 上帝啊
Okay. Nothing Trekkie. Jesus.
它需要像...与人相关的东西 你知道的?
It just needs to be, like, something that people will relate to, you know?
一些常见又好记的
Like, it needs to be something that you see,
而且是人们喜欢的 "哥们 我想拥有它"
and you're just, like, "Man, I just gotta have it."
Apple怎么样
Apple.
你说什么?
Excuse me?
Apple 水果那个Apple?
Apple. Apple, like the fruit?
代表着万物之源的水果 Apple
The fruit of creation. Apple.
大道至简 却又博大精深
It's simple but sophisticated.
而且 在电♥话♥簿上排名也比Atari公♥司♥靠前
It comes before Atari in the phone book, too.
这比我想的"向量光电脑公♥司♥"好多了
That is so much better than Phaser Beam Computers.
它得名于一种水果
It's naming it after a fruit.
苹果 苹果电脑公♥司♥
Apple. Apple Computer.
还有个唱片公♥司♥也叫Apple?
But, what about Apple Records?
Apple唱片 披头士创立的公♥司♥ 傻X...
Apple Records? The Beatles' label, stu...
什么? 披头士拥有"苹果"商标?
What, they own the word "apple"?
你为什么总是讨厌披头士?
Why do you always hate The Beatles?
呃 我并不是讨厌披头士
Well, I do not hate The Beatles.
不 你就是讨厌 你总是讨厌...
Yes, you do. You always...
我不讨厌披头士
I do not hate The Beatles.
他们... 不是迪伦·鲍勃 你知道的
They're just, they're not Dylan, and you know that.
行了 你总是做这样的比较
Okay, and that's a comparison that you always make.
呃 我... 就是因为这个比较显而易见
Well, I... 'Cause it's obvious.
而且我不认为这很公平
And I don't think it's fair.
Apple 决定了? 就是Apple了?
Apple. Really? Apple?
好 听着 有好的名字我们还可以换
Right, listen. If we come up with something better, we'll change it.
先这么试试看看
Let's just go with it and see if it sticks.
它最多能同时显示192个存储单元
It will display up to 192 memory locations
在荧幕上
on the monitor simultaneously.
让我解释一下 这个东东实际上超厉害的
Allow me to explain because it's quite fascinating, actually.
它的逻辑电路板非常复杂 尤其是与一些...
The logic board is rather complex, especially compared to some of
其它的电路板相比
the other boards here, including of course,
连Altair也算上
the Altair.
显而易见...
And as you can see...
它更加小巧 便宜 容易生产和组装...
it's much smaller, and cheaper to manufacture and build...
它采用的是动态随机存取记忆体 所以我们可以...
which, by using dynamic RAM, I was able...
缩小主机板的尺寸
We were able to shrink the size of the board substantially.
所以它可以连上电视用?
So, it works with your television?
对 对 对 对头!
Yes. Yes, yes, yes!
任何电视或荧幕都行
It will work on any television, or video monitor.
只需要配一个广播频率转换器
All you need is a radio frequency converter
你就能把处理器产生的图像
to display the images from your microprocessor
显示在外部荧幕上了
to your set output device.
它能运行Basic编程语言哦
And it'll run BASIC.
我觉得能跑Baisc编程语言是一大优点...
It will also run BASIC, which I think could be a great...
好吧 就这样做总结吧 谢谢大家
So I guess that wraps it up. Thank you very much for your time.
很高兴来这里 靠!
This was terrific. Fuck.
观众好冷淡
Tough crowd.
晚安 先生们 我叫弗兰克...
Good evening, gentlemen. I'm Frank.
我叫鲁兹
I'm Lutz.
我们在此展示无需繁杂手续设置计算CPU
And we're here with reduced instruction set computing CPU.
打扰一下 我叫保罗·特里尔
Excuse me. Name is Paul Terrell.
我看了你们的展示
I saw your presentation.
怎样?
And?
我想谈谈生意
And I'd like to talk business.
怎么谈 - 嗯...
What can I do for you? - Well...
我在Mountainview市有家电脑配件店
I own a local computer parts store, in Mountainview.
店名叫位元电脑商店?
The Byte Shop?
你购买♥♥电脑配件
You buy computer parts.
是的 我销♥售♥各类电子器件 晶体管
Yeah. We sell transistors, boards,
电焊设备 屏幕之类的
soldering equipment, monitors.
你知道的 兴趣使然的那种
You know, hobbyist types.
像"灿坤"电气连锁店那样?
Like Radio Shack?
不
No.
听着 你来我店里看看就知道了
Listen, why don't you stop by and talk to me some time.
这是我名片 记得给我打电♥话♥
There's my card. Give me a call.
很好
Great.
很高兴见到你
It was nice meeting you.
我叫史蒂夫·乔布斯
Steve Jobs.
史蒂夫·乔布斯 好!
Steve Jobs. All right.
那个人谁是啊?
Who was that?
那是保罗·特里尔 - 哦
It's Paul Terrell. - Oh.
谁?
Who?
你想要投资多少钱?
So what kind of investment are we talking about here?
天啊 史蒂夫 我只是说我有兴趣 没说我想买♥♥
Jesus, Steve. I said I was interested, not buying.
我知道 但你不是唯一的对我们感兴趣的意向买♥♥家
I know. But you're also not the only interested party.
啊 不是吧? 我不是唯一的 - 不是的
Oh, really? I'm not? - No.
你不是 嗯
You're not. Hmm.
有点意思
That's interesting.
那天晚上在Homebrew会场上
Because it sure seemed
的情况看起来可不乐观啊
that way the other night at Homebrew.
你以为那是我们去的第一个会场吗?
You think that's the first stop that we made?
全硅谷我们都去过了
We've been all over The Valley.
哦 呃 你已经找到了零售商
Oh, well, then you already have a retailer.
有那么几个报价
I got offers.
听我说 保罗 我全名里面也有保罗
Look, Paul. My middle name's Paul.
我爸也是
My dad's name is Paul.
一群人叫保罗 我...
Bunch of Pauls. I'm...
我认为 我们有共同点
I think we're kindred spirits here.
我们都是有着非凡直觉的商人
We're both businessmen that operate from our gut.
直觉告诉我 你应该抓住机会跟我们做生意
And my gut tells me to give you this opportunity.
我考虑400美元一台 要50台 货到付款
I'm thinking $400 per machine, for 50 units, paid at the time of delivery.
400美元一台 定货100台 预付三分之一的款
$400 for a hundred units, a third up front.
我不想讨价还价
We're not negotiating.
不 我想
Yes, we are.
好吧 我付450美元一台 450美元
Okay. I'll pay $450 per machine. $450.
货到付款 不预付 我知道很有挑战 史蒂夫
On delivery, nothing up front. I know it's asking a lot, Steve.
这可是一大笔钱 如果你能按时交货
But it's a big payoff if you deliver.
我交货的时候...
电影精选列表