这是很疯狂的事情
So here's the crazy thing.
隐形的东西到处都是
Invisibility is everywhere.
我的意思是 当然 人们常常把焦点放在我们能够看见的东西上
I mean, sure, people tend to focus on the things we can see.
像物质 生物
Like matter, living things.
但还有一些我们无法看见的东西存在
But there's also all this stuff that we can't see.
像声波 气体
Like sound waves or gasses.
和一些不起眼的东西
And a few things we miss
因为它们隐藏在我们清晰的视野当中
because they're hidden in plain sight.
像我所说的 隐形的东西就在我们的周围
Like I said, invisibility is all around us.
即使在最显而易见而又平平无奇的地方
Even in the most obvious and familiar places.
可见的物质和隐形的东西都会对立存在
These opposites exist side by side.
看得见的
The seen...
嘿 莫莉
Hey, Molly!
和看不见的
...and the unseen.
同样的模式会不断重演
And the same pattern repeats itself.
一遍又一遍
Over and over.
那些光芒四射的东西
Those bright, shiny objects
会吸引所有人的注意力
they soak up all the attention.
同时 那些人们看不见的东西
While at the same time, the invisible objects
就在我们的眼皮底下也不会被注意到
right under our noses don't.
这就是物质存在的规律
That's just the way things are.
我们无法改变
We can't change it.
无论我们多么想改变它
No matter how much we might want to.
至少 那是我想要做的
At least, that's what I thought.
珀金斯先生
Mr. Perkins.
在这里看见你真高兴
Fancy seeing you here.
噢 我真心希望你在全神贯注思考
Well, I really hope you were meditating
科学的奇迹而不是又在如痴如狂的播放
on the marvels of science and not rocking out
菲兹闹脾气乐队的音乐
to Fitz and the Tantrums again.
噢 呃 其实今天是荨麻疹乐队
Oh, well, actually it is The Hives today,
向那些因为你太老以至于
in honor of those skinny jeans
脱都脱不下的紧身牛仔裤致敬
you are only slightly too old to pull off.
啊 看看这个
Ah, look at that.
别这么快走
Not so fast.
是的 我看到了你学期项目的主题
Yeah, I got your pitch for the semester project.
你真的想做这个吗 用木瓜制♥作♥电池
Really? Turning a papaya into a battery?
我已经有七个
I've already got seven
用各种蔬菜制♥作♥电池的学生了
other kids turning vegetables into batteries.
我得说清楚 木瓜是水果
In my defense, papaya's a fruit.
嗯 呃 你的项目主题被正式否决了
Mm. Well, your proposal is officially rejected.
乔治的成绩全部都是A
George gets all A's
你就让他研究一个豚鼠在面对
and you're letting him study how a guinea pig reacts
一顿全冰淇淋餐的时候会有什么反应
to an all-ice cream diet.
- 这会让他们产生难闻的气体 - 是的 谢谢 乔治
- It gives them terrible gas. - Yeah, thanks, George.
确保你会把它写进你的报告 好吗
Make sure you put that in your report, okay?
好了好了 胡须先生
That's it, Mr. Whiskers
不会再给你吃巧克力蛋糕了
no more Rocky Road for you.
我想看到你挑战自我 做些有意义的事
I want to see you challenge yourself. Do something relevant.
可以做些有关转化的研究
Maybe something to do with transformation.
这是同一样物质的两种不同的形式
This is the same matter in two distinct forms.
一种是浑浊 阴暗的
One state is dense, dull
很像这次谈话
Much like this conversation.
另外一种是通透的
The other is transparent.
耀眼的 我现在安排你做一个新的实验
Brilliant. I'm assigning you a new experiment.
弄明白那东西的本质是什么
Figure out what that substance is,
然后把它转化为结晶状态
then transform it into its crystal state.
我要怎么做这个实验啊
And how am I supposed to do that?
自♥制♥一个光谱仪
Build a homemade spectrometer.
是的 你必须做这个实验
Yeah. You're gonna have to do this little thing
这在科学界我们才会称它为科学
we in the science community like call science.
你以为荨麻疹乐队之所以有现在的成就
You think The Hives became The Hives
是靠他们脱离世俗
by shutting out the world
整天戴着耳机听歌♥就可以达到的吗
and listening to their headphones all day?
不 他们会接触这个世界
No. They got out there.
好 我的观点是除非你多一点接触这个世界
All right, my point is you never know what you can accomplish
否则你永远不会知道你将会取得什么成就
unless you engage the world a little bit.
作为附加奖励
And as an added incentive,
我刚刚决定
I've decided as of right now
这个将作为你学科成绩的一半
this is worth half your class grade.
- 什么 - 嗯 检查一下你还需要什么工具
- What? - Mm-hmm. Check out whatever gear you need.
下周一之前完成
You've got till Monday.
他想我把这种神秘的粘性物质转化成晶体
He wants me to make mystery gunk into a crystal.
这不可能
That's impossible.
技术上说也不是不可能
It's not technically impossible.
这种不可能不像“不可能实现时空旅行”
It's not like "Time-travel impossible,"
或者“不可能达到光速”一样
or "Speed-of-light impossible".
它只是 很难
It's just... hard.
乔治 你为什么穿着小丑裤子
George, why are you wearing clown pants?
这是复古休闲裤
These are vintage lounge slacks.
在布达佩斯很流行
They're all the rage in Budapest,
顺便告诉你 这是新巴黎时尚
which is the new Paris, by the way.
女孩们很喜欢这种裤子
Girls dig these pants.
至少有六个女孩子会注意到它
At least six girls have noticed them.
好吧 一个女孩注意到
Okay. One girl noticed them.
那个就是你 就在刚才
And that girl was you. Just now.
哇哦 不错的吸血鬼装 怪物秀演员
Whoa! Nice vampire outfit, freakshow.
但是今天不是万圣节
But Halloween's not till tomorrow.
是吗 吸血鬼装 你就会说这个吗
Really? "Vampire outfit?" Is that all you got?
就因为我的外套和锋利的牙齿
Is it because of my cape and my pointy teeth?
红色警戒 红色警戒
Code red, code red!
少女杀手要过来了 11点钟方向 酷一点
C-Dog approaching. 11 o'clock. Be cool!
- 什么 - 嘿 克利奥
- What? - Hey, Cleo!
我的好卡特 怎么了
Carter, my man. What's the ups?
跟我说说好消息呗
Lay the good news on me.
- 最近怎么样了 - 很好
- How's it going? - Good.
我就是在想 你想不想跟我一起去学习
I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to study together
- 为帕金斯老师的下次测试做准备 - 那是谁
- for Perkins' next quiz? - Who is that?
不认识
No idea.
好啊 真是再好不过了 我们可以玩玩 "老套路" 多有趣
Yeah! Yeah, totally. We could be a Cliche, how fun.
什么 "老套路" 是什么
I'm sorry, Cliche?
一个四肢发达的家伙让书呆子女孩帮他写作业这种陈词滥调
The sports guy, asking the nerdy girl for help with his homework.
不 我只是觉得我们可以 你知道的 一起合作
No. I just thought we could, you know, join forces.
呃 好吧 我明天要去实验室上自习
Uh... okay. I'm going to be in the lab for study hall tomorrow.
如果你改变主意了 可以来找我
If you have a change of heart, stop by
你男神刚才要找你出去约会
Your epic crush just asked you out on a date
而你残忍♥地拒绝了
and you shut him down.
那不是约会 乔治
That wasn't a date, George.
那只是个用尽一切方法
That was just a crafty jock trying to weasel his way
去逃避用脑的狡猾运动员 不用谢我
out of doing any actual thinking. No thanks.
那种愚蠢的调情还是留给我姐姐吧
I'll leave the mindless flirting to my sister.
真是个美丽迷人的城市
"Awesome city! So the bomb!"
克里奥
Cleo!
说曹操曹操到
Speak of the devil.
你们好啊 香车美人们
Hello, car full of beautiful women.
放学了 你知道这代表什么吗
School's done. You know what that means.
冰冻酸奶 绝妙美味 不容错过 来吧
Fro-yo. YOLO. Oh, no. Let's go! Yeah!
- 你想跟我们一起吗 - 当然
- You wanna come with? - Yes!
不 谢谢 我就不加入了
No, thanks. I'll pass.
哦不
Darn.
来吧
Come on.
这会是个美丽迷人的城市 真的很棒
It'll be awesome city, totally the bomb.
谢谢 我心领了
Thanks, I'll pass.
今天是周四啊 他们有咸焦糖
It's Thursday! They're gonna have salted caramel!
来嘛 当然 你朋友也可以一起来
Come on! Yeah. Your buddy can come too.
这是乔治 库格 你天天都能看到他
This is George, Coug. You've met him 400 times.
对不起 小家伙 我的错
Sorry, small dude. My bad!
还是不去了
Still a pass.
回头见 妹妹
Catch you later then, sis.
好了 我们出发啦
All right, let's go!
来吧 我载你回家
Come on. I'll give you a ride home.
电影精选列表