用红外相机代替传统相机
using an infrared camera instead of the regular camera
病人们就能够实现夜视了
so patients could actually see in the dark.
我们目前的科技主要是
Our technology right now is about helping people
帮助有疾病或者经济状况不好的人
with diseases or deficits of some sort
但是这其实和
but it's this exact same technology
我们能扩展自己的技术完全一致
that will allow us to expand ourselves.
大卫伊戈曼博士 作者 神经科学家 斯坦福大学
扩展我们现有的 扩展我们的感官
Expand our reality, expand our senses,
扩展我们身体的所有潜力
expand what we can do with our bodies.
多伦多西部医院 克雷姆比尔神经科学中心
左边
The left side.
大概130赫兹 60毫秒
About 130 hertz, 60 microseconds.
我来检查一下基线
Let me check your baseline.
这是
So this is...
放松
Relax.
这是个很极端的手术
It was an extreme procedure.
他们切开我的头部
I mean they sliced my head open,
插♥进♥管子
they stuck tubes in.
胆小的人是不行的
It's not for the faint of heart.
大脑深部刺♥激♥的手术
Deep Brain Stimulation
由两个部分组成
is a two part surgical procedure.
首先将电极植入脑部
The electrodes are implanted in the brain
然后连接到胸内的起搏器
and then connected to a pacemaker in their chest.
3.5伏
3.5 volts.
我们可以用遥控器
With a remote control, we are able to adjust
来调整传递到大脑的电流
how much current is delivered to the brain.
几乎没有强直现象
Almost no rigidity.
特别像你在调整电视机音量
Very much like you would control the volume
或换台一样
or change the channels on your television set.
我会每次调高0.5伏电压
I will build up the voltage by .5 volts every step.
每次调整之后就会检查你的强直程度
In between steps I will check your rigidity.
和其他症状
And the symptoms.
有什么感觉吗
Did you feel anything?
还没有
Not yet, no.
那我再调高一点点
So I'll go a little higher.
这里1.5伏 这里也是
1.5 here and here 1.5.
3.5伏 80%
3.5 volts, 80%.
哇
Well this, whoa,
左脚的脚趾弹了起来
my toes are really pulling on my left foot.
就像这样
They're going way up like that.
这是好迹象
It's a good sign.
-我左边有感觉了 -左边吗
- I feel my left side. - Left side?
是啊 脚底有点刺痛
Yeah, tingling on the bottom of my feet.
通过电流刺♥激♥
By using electrical stimulation,
我们不仅能抑制症状
not only can we suppress the symptoms
还能发现从未探索过的
but we're able to discover new areas
大脑新的区域
and new functions of the brain
和新的功能
where no man has ever gone before.
呃 我的舌头越来越大了
Ugh, my tongue is getting bigger and bigger.
就像要堵住喉咙了
Feels like, uh, down my throat.
感觉好些的时候告诉我
Tell me when it gets better.
我们也发现这项技术
We're also realizing that this technique
可以用于治疗其他的功能失调
could be used to treat other disorders
比如艾兹海默 抑郁症
like Alzheimer's Disease, like depression,
甚至是肥胖
maybe even obesity.
天啊 我说不出来
Oh my goodness, I can't describe it.
好点了吗
Is it better now?
比刚刚
Improving?
-好些了 -嗯
- It's improving. - Yeah.
好了
Okay, all right.
从那个角往返走
Let's just walk to that corner back and forth.
很好
Very good.
看来我们应该选择第3套方案
Let's see, so we'll pick contact three.
我相信在未来的
I am convinced that in the future,
10年 20年或者30年
I don't know if it'll be 10, 20, 30 years from now,
如果你说 我很想变得更加智慧
if you said I really would like to be smarter,
更快乐 想有更多的动力 野心
to be happier, I'd like to have more drive, more ambition.
按道理来说 没有任何理由
There's no reason why, at least in theory,
你不能探索到那些区域 适应那些行为
you couldn't go to these areas and adjust the activity.
有紧急情况的时候把这个关掉就行
For emergencies, you need to turn it off,
这样就会关掉
this shuts it off.
好的
Okay.
假设你有一个表盘
Imagine you have a set of dials
然后你说 我想变得更外向
and you can say, "Oh, I want to be more extroverted,
更善解人意 更加努力
more empathetic and harder working."
想象一下 你只需要带着这个想法按一个键
Imagine you could just do that on-demand
就能达到目标
by pushing a button.
就这么简单
Just like that.
思考我们的科技
It's very interesting to contemplate
会把我们带到哪里
where will technology take us.
并且作为人类 它能不能够使我们成长 是非常有意思的
And as humans will it be able to make us
我们变得更好吗
better than we currently are?
北卡罗来纳州 达勒姆
同学们好
Welcome, class.
今天的课题是神经伦理学
杜克大学
Today's lecture is about neuroethics.
我们正处于真正解锁
We are on the cusp of being able to truly unlock
人类大脑秘密的尖端
the secrets of the human brain.
不仅如此
But more than that,
妮塔法拉哈尼博士 法律与哲学教授
我们不仅可以了解
more than being able to understand
大脑里面发生着什么
what's happening in the brain,
也可以对它做许多精确的改动了
now we're able to make a lot of very precise changes to it.
有多少人觉得你们的自我感知
How many of you feel like your sense of self
就在大脑里
is in your brain?
大多数 对吧
Many of you, right?
你们大部分都认为脑部就是
Many of you identify your brain as the place
自我认知的所在
that you recognize your sense of self identity.
真我所在
The place that you sort of think of you as being located.
如果你做些改变
And if you change that,
加入一些机器部分
if you start to add machines to it,
注入电极
if you start to implant electrodes to it
到什么程度会开始出现问题呢?
at what point does that start to become problematic?
这些技术给我们带来巨大的好处
There is great benefit to these technologies,
但是同时也有风险
but there are risks.
比如谁有介入这些设备的权限呢
For example who has access to those devices?
谁来驱动和改变这些设备呢
Who gets to drive and change those devices?
不论是黑客 合作方
Whether it's hackers, corporations,
政♥府♥或者其他人
governments, other people,
当今的社会能给出什么样的保护呢
what protections if any exist within society today?
它正在成熟
It's arriving.
除非我们今天就开始
And unless we start deciding today
决定出保护头脑的方案
what kinds of protections you want for your brain,
否则就来不及了
it may be too late.
这会不会让你们不适
Does that make you uncomfortable?
因为这已经不可避免
Because that's where we're going.
2017马克·扎克伯格宣布脸书脑计划
我们在脑机接口
The work that we're doing in
所付出的努力
direct brain interfaces
最终会让大家在某天
that are gonna eventually one day
只需要用脑部进行交流
let you communicate using only your mind.
在最近的短短几年
In just the last few years, there's been
突然在脑机接口领域
this sudden rush to fund more aggressive,
有了更激进求快的投入
more radical work in interfacing to the brain.
埃隆·马斯克在社交媒体上
Elon Musk is creating a big stir
搞出了大新闻
on social media this morning.
埃隆·马斯克成立了大脑芯片公♥司♥
Elon Musk has launched Neuralink.
他们的目标是建立人脑和电脑之间的连接
They will aim to connect the human brain with computers.
可以让任何想要拥有超人类认知的人
That will enable anyone who wants
如愿以偿
to have super human cognition.
但是上亿人
But billions of people
都拥有强劲的认知能力吗
with enhanced cognitive ability?
-快速增强 -是的
- Radically enhanced? - Yes, yes.
电影精选列表