And after that we're going to put the battery in your chest.
好了
Okay.
我们目前只能看到这种技术的开端
We are just seeing the very beginnings of this technology.
我们将在这里装一个电极
So we're gonna leave an electrode here.
人和机器之间有
Where there will be a blurring of the boundary
一个模糊的界限
between machine and biology
两者总有一天会合二为一
and the two will, one day, merge.
成功了
We're done.
事实上 我们正在转化成
The fact is is that we are transforming
一个新的物种 一个科技物种
into a new species, a technological species.
冲破那些
It's really crossing the skin into
人们所认同的自己
the holy grail, the brain, and all these things
关于圣杯 脑部 之类的旧理念
that people associate with being who we are
真的不容易
that people are somewhat uncomfortable with.
如果我们可以突破大脑极限
If we can change what our brains can do,
那意味着什么
what does that mean?
当我们准备介入大脑的时候
As we're trying to intervene in the brain,
我们也需要清醒地意识到涟漪效应
we need to be very conscious of the ripple effects.
不知道结果会是什么样的
You don't know what the outcome is going to be.
对于一些人来说 它就像科幻小说一样遥远
For some people, it's a sci-fi step too far.
世界上有那么几十万人
There's a few hundred thousand people in the world
已经在脑袋里使用了植入技术
who currently have implanted technology in their brain,
但是很少有人知道
and not many people know that.
当然 如果知道的话
And knowing that of course
会改变到人们
I think it changes people's perspectives
对这件事情的看法
that this has happened....
我们要把你的小臂放进一个夹板里
Okay we're gonna put your forearm in a splint.
这已经发生了
It's happening.
好了 开始
All right, here we go.
而且还在以
And it's now moving at a speed
前所未有的速度发展
that is much faster than before.
很好
That's good.
再来一次
Try it again.
不过事实是
But the reality is
植入技术是让人感到害怕的
implantable technology is intimidating.
很贵而且需要进入身体
It's expensive, invasive,
只会推荐给那些
and only recommended for people
身患严重疾病和机能障碍的人
with severe disease and dysfunction.
但如果事实并非如此呢
But what if that wasn't the case?
如果我们有一种可以广泛连接的脑部科技呢
What if we had brain technology that was broadly accessible?
如果
And what if...
不需要手术呢
it didn't require surgery?
幸运的是我们已经有所收获了
Fortunately we are reaching a point
而且可能性正在不断变大
where these possibilities are emerging.
设想你的大脑有个接口
Imagine you had a brain interface
可以直接把头放上去
you could just put on your head,
不需要手术 而且你还能
no surgeries required and you could see
看到你所有的大脑活动
all of your brain activity.
不光是你意识到的
Not just what you're aware of,
还包括你所有的大脑的活动
but all of your brain activity.
所有的想法 担心
All of your thoughts, concerns,
都在面前一览无遗
it was just out in front of you.
比如说你饱受焦虑
So for example if you struggle with anxiety,
你就能看到你的大脑活动显示
you'd see in your brain activity
你今天有94次这个想法
that you've had this thought 94 times today
它可能不是必要的
and it's probably not necessary.
但如果这能帮助你
Could this help you
你就可以不用去想94次了
so you don't have that thought 94 times?
或者你可以看到你限制自己
Or can you see in this thought process
去做某件事情的这一思维过程
that you were limiting your ability to do something
因为你不相信你能做到
because you didn't believe you could do it?
但那是个限制性思维
But that's a limiting belief.
其实你可以做到
You really can do it.
如果我们有这种可以
And if we have the technology that gives us the ability
提升脑部功能的技术
to improve how our brains function,
我们会重新考虑那些经常阻碍我们的事吗
can we rethink the things that have always held us back?
正好有人在建造
As someone who's building these tools
与脑部连接的工具
to interface with the brain,
我的期待是我们能达到一个
my hope is that we get to a point
技术进步的水平
in technological advancements
我们不再受限于科技
where we are not limited by our technology,
我们被它赋能 所以这是一个
we're empowered by it, so it is a matter of choice
关于我们想成为什么样子的选择
of what we want to become.
我们正处于一个
We're at the moment where there are a lot
很多科技都在崭露头角的时候
of very rapidly emerging technologies.
脑机接口正在成为
Brain computer interfaces are starting to become part
社会主流
of mainstream society.
已经有技术可以从脑部
There already is technology that can pick up simple,
世界最大的消费电子展 拉斯维加斯消费电子展 2013
提取简单的电子活动了
electrical activity from your brain
通过这些 例如消费者脑电图描记器设备
through these things, like consumer EEG devices.
智能头箍是一个便携的
The Emotiv Insight is a portable,
可穿戴设备
wearable device that allows you to
它可以获取你大脑内部的实时情况
capture what's going on in your brain in real time.
如果使用这个设备
If I wear one of these devices I can start to decode
我就能知道我到底是疲倦还是清醒
whether or not I'm drowsy or awake,
注意力集中还是分神了
whether or not paying attention or I'm unfocused,
妮塔法拉哈尼博士 法律与哲学教授 杜克大学
生气或是其他的情绪状态
angry or experiencing some other kind of emotional state.
这是我大脑现在的样子吗
So this is my brain right now?
是的
This is your brain right now.
-天啊 -实时的
- Oh my gosh. - In real time.
厉害了
This is wild.
还有很多人用头戴设备
There are also a number of people using headsets
来集中精神达到更好的状态
to focus and perform better.
你可以在网上买♥♥到经颅直流电刺♥激♥设备
You can buy a TDCS device online
或者你也可以去视频网站自己学着做一个
or you can go to youtube and build one yourself.
我一直在非常努力地实验
I have been experimenting in an effort
希望可以真的看到一些炫酷的认知增强
to hopefully see some really awesome cognitive enhancement.
米格尔尼科利斯博士 神经科学专家 杜克大学
未来的脑部对接可能是
The future of brain interfaces is probably
最吸引人的未知部分
the most fascinating unknown
因为我们还处于初期阶段
because we are at the infancy of this.
随着我们不断地破解大脑密♥码♥
As we crack the code of the brain,
我们会驾驭我们的生活
we're handing the reins of our own lives,
控制我们自己的大脑
of our own minds to us.
我们可以选择怎么思考 选择自己的身份
We get to choose how we think, who we are.
随着社会不断提升
As we get better and better as a society
脑部介入的能力
at building brain interfaces,
这些技术可以被
these can be applied to every aspect
全方位地应用于我们的生存
of our biological existence.
华盛顿州西雅图市
我们可以教你一种技术吗
Could we teach you a new skill?
我们可以帮你传达
Could we help you communicate the emotion
你的情感给你的爱人吗
you're feeling to a loved one?
华盛顿大学实验室
我们能做什么又不能做什么
What can and can't we do?
好了 普勒斯顿
Alright then Preston.
实验马上开始
The experiment will begin shortly.
当你被提问的时候 如果答案是对
Once you are asked a question, look on the left hand side
就看着左手边
if the answer to that question is yes.
如果答案是错
Look on the right hand side if the answer
就看着右手边
to that question is no.
明白了吗
Does that make sense to you?
嗯
Yes.
很好
Wonderful.
舒服吗
Are you comfortable?
嗯
Mm.
1号♥对象目前戴着脑电波帽
Subject number one is wearing an EEG cap
以便于记录
to record electrical fluctuations
脑电流波动
from their brain.
2号♥对象正在接收
Subject number two is receiving the information
脑后部的磁脉冲信息
through a magnetic pulse to the back of the brain.
电影精选列表