我们即将进入
We are about to enter into
人类有史以来
the most consequential revolution
最重要的革命时刻
in the history of human race.
我们即将开始主宰我们的认知进化
Where we can take control of our cognitive evolution.
我们提到的科技
We're talking about technologies
可以快速地改变人类的现有方式
that could radically alter the way we are as human beings.
我们所预见的是
What we're seeing is that
科技与我们逐渐合而为一
technology is becoming part of us.
因为我们正在把活生生的脑部
Because we're linking biological brains
直接连到机器上
directly to machines.
如果我们可以让你从此
What if we could expand your capabilities beyond
拥有未曾拥有过的能力呢?
what we as humans have never had before?
肯定会有人说
There are a set of people who are going to say,
这是不正常的 是不人道的
this is unnatural, this is inhuman,
我们不应该这样
we shouldn't allow this to happen.
实际上
The fact is, is that, we are transforming
我们正在转化成一个新的物种
into a new species,
一个科技型的物种
a technological species.
没人知道结果会怎样
You don't know what the outcome is going to be.
没人知道这个技术会被怎么使用
You don't know how it will be used.
但如果我们开始修补脑部
But if we start tinkering with the brain,
开始改变它
we start changing it...
那么我们会从根本上改变
Are we about to fundamentally change
人类存在的意义吗?
what it means to be human?
如果是这样的 我们能接受吗?
And if so, are we okay with that?
我是人类
-醒来 -醒来
- Wake up. - Wake up.
-窗帘 -窗帘
- Drapes. - Drapes.
-1号♥ -1号♥
- One. - One.
-打开 -打开
- Open. - Open.
我在一个慈善活动里骑自行车
I was riding a bicycle in a charity event...
俄亥俄州克里夫兰市
当时雨下得特别大
it was raining really badly,
我跟着一辆邮车
and I was following a mail truck.
突然那辆车停了
And then all of a sudden it stopped
但是我没刹住
and I didn't.
-窗帘 -窗帘
Drapes - Drapes.
-2号♥ -2号♥
- Two. - Two.
-打开 -打开
- Open. - Open.
-升起 -升起
- Head up. - Head up.
-继续 -升起
- Do it. - Head up.
-继续 -升起
- Do it. - Head up.
现在一切都变了
Things are different now.
我是比尔
早上好 科切瓦先生
Good morning Mr. Kochevar.
你好 丹尼尔
Hi, Danielle.
我继续帮你
I'm gonna go ahead
坐上轮椅好吗?
and get you up in the chair, okay?
我四肢瘫痪
I'm a tetraplegic,
完全没有行动能力
which means I can't move my arms or legs
胸部以下完全没有知觉
and I only have feeling from my mid-chest up.
我不是太在意这些
It's okay that I can't feel anything but
但是有时候也难免失落
sometimes I wish I could.
自从受伤之后
After my injury
我就跟父母住一起
I lived with my parents then
在他们过世之后 我就搬到了这里
when my mother and father both passed away, I moved here.
早上好 科切瓦先生
Good morning Mr. Kochevar.
早上好 伊冯
Morning Yvonne.
好啊
Well hello.
今天早上过得怎么样?
How are you this morning?
非常好
I am just lovely, Bill.
有麻痹症状的患者
In people that have paralysis,
神经跟肌肉的连接依然完整
the nerves to their muscles are still intact,
但是却跟脑部断开了联♥系♥
but they're cut off from the brain.
帮你侧过去
Let's get you up on your side.
于是他们就失去了
So they lose the ability to voluntarily
自主行动的能力
control their movements.
眼镜放这里
Got your glasses here.
如果我们可以了解
If we can understand the brain's
脑内部控制行动的机制
internal code of movement,
就会大大地帮助我们
it would significantly assist us in
去解决很多医学问题了
better treating a wide range of medical issues.
但是我们目前还不行
But we're not quite there.
卡拉斌医生 接待2185号♥
Dr. Carradine, pick up at 2185.
像我这样的人
People in my situation,
他们再也不能动了
you know, they just never move again.
有时候想起来挺难过的
It's hard sometimes to think about that.
我一直希望能做到更多
I always want to do more.
比如我希望从这里走到那里
Like, I wanna move from this point
独♥立♥完成
to that point without help.
或许自己独♥立♥吃点东西
I don't know, probably eat something by myself.
如果可以的话
If it ever happens.
我希望让人帮我端一盘吃的
You know, have somebody bring me a plate of something,
然后跟他说 好 你可以走了
and then I'll say "Okay, you can go away,
我自己吃
"I'm gonna eat this.
你半个小时再回来
"Come back in about half an hour."
当然我也不会想太多
But I don't think about it a lot
因为实现它之前
because I know there's a lot of research
还有很多研究要做
yet to go before that happens.
我们所尝试的
Everything we're trying to do,
我们想成为的
everything we're trying to become,
我们想修复的
everything we're trying to fix,
都在脑部的未知领域里
sits on the other side of the brain.
脑部是我们现有的
The brain is the single highest potential
最具潜力的焦点
area of focus we have in existence.
是我们想实现人生目标的
It is our best tool to do the things we want
最佳工具
to achieve in life,
同时也是我们最大的障碍
it is also the biggest limiter we have.
这个3磅重的东西 就是我们自己的整个宇宙
This three pounds, is our entire universe.
我们的感觉 情绪
Our senses, our emotions.
爱 恨 恐惧 嫉妒
Love, hate, fear, jealousy,
我们怎么活动 怎么控制自己
The way we move, the way we control our body.
我们的文化 语言
Our culture, our language,
我们的期待 梦想 愿望
Our hopes, our dreams, our aspirations
动力 骄傲 惊奇
Motivation, pride, wonder.
脑袋定义了我们
The brain defines what we are.
但由于它总是在幕后
But because the brain runs so efficiently
高效地运转
behind the scenes,
往往只有在出了问题的时候
it's typically only when something goes wrong
我们才会意识到
that we appreciate the magnitude
要搞清楚它的重要性
of what's actually happening there.
加拿大博尔顿市
我不太明白我的脑袋怎么了
I'm not really sure what's happening in my brain.
焦虑 失眠 麻木
Anxiety, insomnia, paralysis.
每个人的帕金森都有所不同
Parkinson's is different for everybody.
取决于你的症状
Just depends on what you get.
我是安
那是只红雀吧?
That's a cardinal, right?
在叫的那只
The one with that whistle, that one.
是的
Yeah.
我和安结婚38年了
Anne and I have been married for 38 years.
看 绣球花还没开
Look, the hydrangeas, it hasn't bloomed.
我觉得安是一个特别温柔的人
I think Anne has one of the most gentle hearts on earth.
不过多年来情况都变了
Things have gradually changed over the years.
她以前是个艺术家
She used to be an artist.
是救济院的自愿者
She was a hospice volunteer.
现在都不存在了
All that had to be left behind.
当我被确诊的时候
When I was diagnosed,
我觉得对我而言最大的问题就是
I think the biggest thing for me was that
我会成为没用的人
I would become useless.
我会成为孩子 丈夫
You know, I'll be a burden to my to my children,
他们的负担
and to my husband.
也是社会的负担
电影精选列表