Right foot and leg cramping.
把你的右脚放倒左膝上
Right foot over your left knee.
换一下
Let's switch.
她的症状越来越严重
Her symptoms are growing worse and worse.
换到左边来
Come over to the left.
右腿放进来
Pull your right leg in,
我的丈夫非常好
My husband's been incredible.
但我担心的是
But the thing that I'm concerned about is that
不只是我一个人有这种病
not only do I have the illness,
他也有
he has the illness.
他们家族都有
My family has the illness.
距离上次我们同床
Last time that we were sleeping in the same bed
已经有好几年了 我都记不起来了
it's been at least a few years, I can't remember anymore.
我不想成为受虐狂
I don't want to be a masochist
因为我坚持正确的选择
because of my insistence on one way being the right way.
但是当结果会影响到更多人的时候
But when it affects so many people,
你就有责任
I think you also have a duty
去做更明智的选择
to try what's reasonable.
所以
So...
我决定去做手术
I've decided to do it.
我不期待奇迹
I don't expect a miracle.
不期待坐上飞机
I don't expect to be boarding a plane
去土耳其旅行
and going to Turkey.
但是我想在合理的范围内
But I would like to move about on my own freely,
靠自己自♥由♥地活动
within reason.
-窗帘 -窗帘
- Drapes. - Drapes.
-打开 -打开
- Open. - Open.
经历了意外之后
After my accident,
抬头
Head up.
他们诊断了我说
They gave me the diagnosis and told me
你可能会四肢瘫痪
"You'll probably be a tetraplegic
至整个余生
for the rest of your life."
升起
Head up.
但是谁知道会有什么突破
But who knows what breakthroughs will happen?
以前 除了接受现实
Before, there didn't seem to be any other solution
没有其他突破性的方案
to break out of this except to make peace with it.
但是我不再是那么能接受它了
But I'm not so interested in making peace with it anymore.
我想要独自居住
I would like to be able to live independently
独自旅行
and travel independently.
我想再做做艺术工作
I would love to be doing artwork again.
就用艺术表达我自己
You know, just being able to express myself artistically.
或许我可以在轮椅上
Maybe I'll be able
四处走走
to move around in my chair,
捡个东西 吃点什么
pick something up, eat something.
我期待着那天
Yeah I'm hoping for that day.
我不需要一个完美的人生
I don't need a perfect life.
不需要最好的东西
I don't need the best of anything.
我只希望重新体验一下人类的感觉
I just want to feel human again.
首先我们要在他们的颅骨上
The first thing we do is bolt a frame
装一个架子
onto their skull.
什么尺寸
What are the measurements please?
他们必须保持清醒
And they have to be awake.
安 感觉怎么样
Anne, how are you doing?
然后我们在头上钻两个洞
We then drill two holes in their head.
好 开始吧
Okay, let's go.
之后我们把电极植入
We then place electrodes within trouble-making areas
脑部有问题的区域
in the brain.
这一过程必须丝毫不差
This is a game where you have to be within one millimeter.
尺寸多少
What are the measurements please?
差之毫厘
That one millimeter means a difference
谬以千里
between success and failure.
准备降到0
We're gonna go down to zero.
大概就放在那个位置
We put it about there.
好的 开始了
Alright, so we're in.
开始录制神经元
So we should start recording neurons.
安
Anne?
我们现在可以听到你脑袋里的
We're starting to hear some of the neurons
神经元了
in your brain now.
一旦进去了
Once we're inside,
我们就让病人动动手或腿
we get the patient to move their arm or their leg,
来看看他们的神经元是否被激活
and we see whether those neurons are activated.
所以这个神经元参与了肩部运动
So this neurons is involved with moving the shoulder.
清洗好了吗
Cleaned?
是的
Yes.
钳子
Forceps?
史蒂芬的手术是我职业生涯中
Steven's procedure is truly the most remarkable
见过的进展惊人的
development that I've witnessed in my career
而且有些东西我真的认为我们大部分人
and truly something I didn't think any of us
罗伯特德文尼教授 首席眼科医生 多伦多西部医院
一辈子也见不到
would see in our lifetimes.
准备植入
Ready for the implants.
从本质上来说 它是
It essentially is a coalescence
人和机器的合并
of machine and man
这确实难以理解
in a way that is really quite hard to fathom.
好了
We're good.
卡尺
Calipers please?
安
Anne?
现在准备给你体内的电极
We're now gonna start to put some electricity
通电了
through your electrode.
我们能看到的是
What we're seeing is that technology's
科技已经成为了我们的一部分
becoming part of us.
当我数到3的时候
When I say three tell me
告诉我有没有什么感觉
how you feeling, OK?
因为我们把活生生的脑袋
Because we are linking biological brains
直接连到机器上
directly to machines.
仔细看她的脸
Look at her face carefully,
她的唇部有收缩
there was a contraction in her lip.
1 2 3
1, 2, 3.
那么4就是面部动作
So four is definitely moving her face.
如果你看着机器
If you look at machines,
他们是可靠的 对吧
they're capable, right?
还可以
Still there.
它们更大 更快 更强
They're bigger, they're faster,they're stronger,
达斯汀泰勒博士 生物医学工程 西部案例
诸如此类的
all that stuff.
现在到玻璃体切除术了
Go ahead with the vitrectomy now.
人类是一种脆弱的野兽
The human's a fragile beast,
但是人类有创造力 智力 还能不断超越
but it's creative and it's smart and it can push beyond.
电极在运行吗
Electrodes are functioning?
是的
Yes.
让这些成为共生体
Bring 'em together in symbiosis,
对焦
Focus on.
很好
That's good.
我们可以保留
we can keep the pieces
让我们成为人类的东西
that make us human,
并以前所未有的方式
use the advantages of the machine
来利用机器
in ways we haven't been able to do before.
记号♥笔
Marking pen please.
通过将电子元件和
By this combination of electronics
人体组合到一起
and the human body,
开始注入了吗?
Is the infusion on?
我大胆猜测这就是医学界
I would hazard to say it's one of the most amazing
最大的成果之一
achievements in all of medicine.
钳子
Forceps.
能够让那些走投无路的人们
To be able to give back abilities
恢复本来的能力
to people that otherwise had no options whatsoever,
注入三羧酸循环
Load the tac.
安全
Secure.
真的是振奋人心
It's really quite remarkable.
安
Anne?
你要入睡了
You're going to go to sleep.
然后我们会把电池放入你的胸部
电影精选列表