他现在的妻子简直猝不及防
She said Mr. Whyte had never laid a finger on her,there was no violence.
她说怀特先生从未碰过她一根手指头,没有过暴♥力♥
She was truly shocked.
她真的很震惊
She described Michael Whyte as her hero.
她称迈克尔·怀特是她的英雄
She told us that she had stage four esophageal cancer.
她告诉我们她患有癌症四期
And that he was her lifeline. he was everything to her.
他是她的生命线,他是她的一切
And so that was sad. That was really sad to hear.
所以这很悲哀,听到这个消息真的很难过
And also, just confusing.
也很让人困惑
'Cause this is also the same person who brutally murdered Darlene Krashoc 32 years ago.
因为这个人也是32年前残害达琳·克拉肖克的凶手
A killer looks like everybody else. what does he look like?
杀手看起来和其他人一样,他长什么样?
Like the guy behind you at the grocery store.
就像杂货店里你后面的那个人
「乔·肯达警督」
There is no profile, there is no appearance, there is none of that.
没有轮廓,也没有外貌,这些都没有
We went to the police station to get ready for the interview.
我们去了警局为询问做准备
艾莎姆侦探:我是伊莎姆警探,我叫吉姆,我在科罗拉多斯普林斯警局工作
怀特:我去年在下面是不是抢银行了,为什么事情我不知道...
艾莎姆侦探:我们可以谈谈
I observed the interview from another room. and that was, like, the first time I really laid eyes on him.
我在另一个房♥间观察,那是我第一次真正看到他
艾莎姆侦探:首先,你有权保持沉默
We knew that, uh, you know, this is someone
我们知道,呃,你知道,某人
who might want to try to tell his side of the story.
他可能想从他的角度来讲述这个故事
Might try to explain it away.
可能会试图解释
Person that committed this crime didn't make it through life,
犯下这起罪行的人没能侥幸一生
uh, just settling for whatever got handed to him.
呃,他只能接受别人给他的一切
约瑟夫·索莫斯基探员:先生,你现在可以跟我们说话了吗?
怀特:是的
He did waive his right to speak with us, so we started the interview.
他确实放弃了与我们交谈的权利,于是我们开始了讯问
怀特:这是怎么回事?
艾莎姆侦探:是关于我们正在调查的一个1987年的悬案
艾莎姆侦探:我和索莫斯基探员都在科罗拉多斯普林斯警局悬案组工作
怀特:悬案...
I remember him making a comment, "So old cases that haven't been solved?"
我记得他说了一句,“还没破的旧案?”
艾莎姆侦探:关于你当时的社交生活,你去俱乐部吗?
怀特:是啊,我去泡吧,我是... 我当时喝得很醉
怀特:我只是经常聚会
怀特:这是一起凶杀案,你是说我杀人了?
索莫斯基探员:你的名字出现在当时一名专业人员被谋杀的调查中
索莫斯基探员:她的名字叫达琳·克拉肖克
This is a well-educated, upper middle class man
这是一个受过良好教育的中上层阶级
who absolutely knows what he's done or what he hasn't done.
他绝对知道自己做过什么没做过什么
Um, and you don't get sat in front of a couple of detectives,
嗯,你不可能坐在几个警探面前
uh, without knowing exactly what you're there for.
却不知道你到底是来干什么的
艾莎姆侦探:你和在酒吧后搭讪不对劲的人有什么问题吗?
怀特:没有,没,我... 没有
索莫斯基探员:如果我们给你看他们当时的照片,你可能会认出他们吗?
怀特:如果他们是我认识的朋友,是的
索莫斯基探员:也许是相邻部队的某个人或类似的人,也许?
怀特:是的,如果我能经常看到他们,是的
And I remember sliding Darlene's picture on the table.
我记得把达琳的照片放在桌子上
And after a big gulp from the water,
在喝了一大口水之后
he looked at it
他看了看
with a pained expression before stating that...
带着痛苦的表情说...
怀特:她看起来像我妻子...
...she looks like his ex-wife.
...她长得像他前妻
怀特:...当时的
And he said, "But I know it's not her."
他说,“但我知道不是她”
Once I showed the picture, it seemed like he wanted
当我展示照片时,他似乎想要
to disassociate himself with the table, the picture.
使自己离开桌子和照片
怀特:她可能是通过审核或者其他方式来的,我不知道
艾莎姆侦探:好的
Once I laid Darlene's photograph on the table,
当我把达琳的照片放在桌子上时
his demeanor, kind of, changed.
他的举止有点改变了
索莫斯基探员:我们在这儿是因为...因为DNA
索莫斯基探员:DNA让我们找到了你
It was definitely an eerie feeling, watching the interview.
旁观讯问,那绝对是一种诡异的感觉
And I do remember, specifically, him saying...
我记得很清楚,特别是,他说...
怀特:你是说我和这个女孩上过床?
怀特:因为这有可能
"I had sex with lots of women, but I never killed any of them."
“我和很多女人上过床,但我从没杀过她们中的任何人”
怀特:除了我老婆,任何跟我上♥床♥的人都是在酒吧里
He denied ever seeing her.
他否认见过她
怀特:我从没...和任何人上过床然后杀了他们!
Or even knowing about the murder,
甚至不知道谋杀的事
which, to me, is unbelievable.
这对我来说简直难以置信
艾莎姆侦探:这是物证
艾莎姆侦探:老实说,这是相当多的
艾莎姆侦探:这就是我们在这儿的原因
怀特:是啊,这...这是错误的,这里有点不对劲
And at that time, he opted to invoke his right to remain silent.
当时,他选择行使保持沉默的权利
And I remember standing up to leave the interview room,
我记得我站起来准备离开讯问室
and he looked at me, and he said,
他看着我说
"How do I defend myself against this?"
“我该如何为自己辩护?”
I just thought to myself,
我只是在想
if someone would accuse me of this heinous crime,
如果有人指控我犯下如此滔天罪行
and I was completely innocent,
而我是完全无辜的
I wouldn't have the attitude of sipping my water
我就不会有这样的态度,一边喝水
asking, "How do I defend myself?"
一边问,“我该如何保护自己?”
Before leaving the room, the cops get impressions of Whyte's teeth.
在离开房♥间之前,警♥察♥得到了怀特牙齿的印模
However, it's 30-plus years since this murder happened.
然而,这起谋杀案已经过去30多年了
Teeth impressions aren't very meaningful over that period of time.
牙印在这段时间里没有太大意义
He had a pained expression on his face.
他脸上露出痛苦的表情
You could tell that he was fighting back tears.
你可以看出他在强忍♥泪水
It was almost a combination of extreme anguish and disbelief.
这几乎是极度痛苦和难以置信的结合
To me, it was the face of someone who worked hard
对我来说,这是一张努力的人的脸
to prevent this day from ever occurring, and here it was happening.
努力阻止这一天发生,而这一天正在发生
I'm very proud of the detectives in the Cold Case Unit,
我为悬案组的警探们感到骄傲
Isham and Somosky.
艾沙姆和索莫斯基
They took an oath.
他们宣誓过
They did what they said they would do.
他们说到做到了
It was not until after we attempted the interview,
直到我们试图面谈之后
I made the call to the family.
我给那家人打了电♥话♥
You have the defendant in custody,
你已经拘留了被告
then you tell the family.
然后你告诉那家人
And Somosky was privileged to make it.
而索莫斯基很荣幸能做到这一点
Something you don't often get to do.
一些你不常做的事情
I answered the phone.
我接了电♥话♥
He said, "Paul?" And I said, "Yes."
他说,“保罗?”,我说,“是的”
And he said, uh, "Jo Somosky."
他接着说,“呃,乔·索莫斯基”
And it was like, "Well, hello, detective. How are you doing?"
就像是,“你好,侦探,你好吗?”
He said, "I'm doing extremely well."
他说,“我做得非常好”
So, I asked him to please go to where his wife was.
然后,我请他去他妻子所在的地方
He said, "Would you get her next to you?
他说,“你能让她在你旁边吗?”
I've got something I want to tell you.
“我有件事想告诉你们”
And I want you both to hear it at the same time."
“我希望你们两个同时听到”
Paul said, "Come here. You've got to hear this."
保罗说,“到这儿来,你得听听”
He said, "I waited 32 years to tell you this."
他说,“告诉你这件事我等了32年”
And I told them,
我告诉他们
"The Army CID and Colorado Springs Police Department
“陆军刑事调查局和科罗拉多斯普林斯警局”
have made an arrest for the homicide of their daughter, Darlene Krashoc."
逮捕了杀害他们女儿达琳·克拉肖克的凶手
And that's when we heard they've made an arrest.
然后我们听说他们已经逮捕了一个人
They got him.
他们抓到他了
And I know all they could hear was me screaming.
我知道他们能听到的只有我的尖叫声
That was the best day of my life.
那是我一生中最美好的一天
They got that sucker.
他们抓到了那家伙
I found out.
我想起来了
I was asleep on the couch.
我在沙发上睡着了
My wife came, she woke me up,
我妻子来了,她叫醒了我
I'm like, "What's going on? Why you waking me up?"
我说,“出什么事了?你为什么要叫醒我?”
And she says, "They found him! They found him!"
她说,“他们找到他了!他们找到他了!”
I said, "Who? Who did they find?"
我说,“谁啊?他们找到了谁?”
And she holds up the telephone.
她举起电♥话♥
My eyes focus on him. Oh, my God.
我的目光聚焦在他身上,天啊
That's him, with beady eyes, you know?
就是他,有泡泡眼的,你知道吗?
Those eyes have been burned in my head for, for 32 years.
那双眼睛在我脑海里烧灼了32年
I thought to myself," You son of a bitch.
我心里想,“你这个狗♥娘♥养♥的”
You've been sitting there all these years, and you're right there."
“这些年你一直坐在那里,你就在那里”
Mr. Whyte comes across as intelligent, calm, even arrogant.
怀特给人的印象是聪明、冷静,甚至傲慢
Understands DNA.
了解DNA
Maintains, "You got the wrong guy.
坚持说,“你找错人了”
You made a terrible mistake."
“你犯了一个可怕的错误”
He wants to go to trial.
他想接受庭审
Let's do it. Let's go to trial.
就这样吧,我们上法庭
I'm talking with the defense attorney,
我和辩护律师交谈
「本·霍斯泰特,埃尔帕索县副检察官」
he told me, "Michael White will consider no offers.
他告诉我,“迈克尔·怀特不考虑庭前认罪”
He doesn't... He doesn't want a deal."
“他不...不想达成辩诉交易”
And I asked him, "Why?"
我问他,“为什么?”
He said, "Well, frankly, you're not getting the evidence in."
他说,“坦率地说,你没有得到证据”
Our biggest challenge in trial, without a doubt,
毫无疑问,我们在庭审中面临的最大挑战
「乔·伊登,埃尔帕索县副检察官」
电影精选列表