克拉肖克是驻扎在卡森堡的现役军人
No suspect was identified.
没有找到嫌疑人
You have to tell the parents that.
你必须告诉父母
Ugly business.
令人不快的事件
Betty had a hard time.
贝蒂过得很艰难
She fell into a deep state of depression, put her under doctor's care.
她得了重度抑郁,处于医生照顾下
Like any other mother, she would just, uh...
和其他母亲一样,她只是,呃...
「保罗·克拉肖克,达琳的父亲」
cry, cried a lot.
哭,不停地哭
I just had to know, I want to know. Find him, how hard could it be?
我只是想知道,想知道找到他有多难?
「贝蒂·克拉肖克,达琳的母亲」
You know, that's me, and that's any parent.
你知道,我就是这样,任何父母都是这样
You have to understand their position.
你必须理解他们的处境
They're in an emotional nightmare that they can't wake up from,
他们正处于一场无法唤醒的梦魇中
that someone like this is walking around loose,
有这样的人四处游荡
and we don't know who he is.
我们不知道他是谁
We have no idea who he is.
我们对他一无所知
But people who commit crimes forget something
但是犯罪的人会遗忘一些事情
that's extremely important.
极其重要的事情
The police do not forgive, and they do not forget.
警♥察♥不会原谅,也不会忘记
And some day, your knee is gonna touch the ground.
总有一天,你会伏法
And on that day,
在那一天
a policeman's gonna be standing over you
警♥察♥会站在你旁边
to handcuff you and remind you of your past.
给你戴上手铐,让你想起你的过去
That's the day I always look forward to.
那是我一直期待的一天
We are going to identify the ghost.
我们要确认那个幽灵的身份
In the case of Darlene Krashoc,
在达琳·克拉肖克的案子里
there is no one left to investigate.
已经没有人可以调查了
I would come into work early every morning.
我每天早上很早就开始上班
I'd make a cup of coffee.
我会泡一杯咖啡
「乔·肯达警督」
I'd walk to the doorway of the cold-case library.
我会走到悬案档案室的门口
And I'd look at every book.
我会看每一本卷宗
And then, I would beat myself up for being a dumb
然后,我会因为自己是个傻瓜而自责
who doesn't know who killed those people.
不知道是谁杀了那些人
Then I'd go sit down and start looking over reports of the current homicide cases.
然后我会坐下来浏览眼前的凶案报告
I carried on after we closed the active status
案件中止后我坚持工作
of the Krashoc case
克拉肖克案件
until 1996, September 1st.
直到1996年9月1日
Then I returned.
然后我回来了
Life goes on, retirements happen.
生活在继续,我退休了
Things in the country change, new Presidents are elected.
这个国家的情况发生了变化,选出了新的总统
But you never forget. I never did.
但你永远不会忘记,我从来没有
And I was still always hopeful
我仍然充满希望
that someday something would come to light
总有一天,事情会真♥相♥大白
in the Krashoc case by some method or means.
克拉肖克案会以某种方法或者手段
And resurrection could be had finally.
最终被激活
「制片人」这个案子似乎没有实质性的进展,你有多沮丧?
You know, I just felt like nobody was doing anything.
你知道,我只是觉得没人在做什么
I just felt like everybody had forgotten her.
我只是觉得,每个人都把她忘了
「贝蒂·克拉肖克,达琳的母亲」
But, uh, I've got boxes of e-mails.
但是,呃,我有电子邮箱
I would e-mail every detective.
我会给每个侦探发电子邮件
I'd type up letters.
我会打印信件
I even sent letters to the President of the United States.
我甚至写信给美国总统
You never forget, and it never goes away.
你从未忘记,它从未消失
「保罗·克拉肖克,达琳的父亲」
Has he ever done it again? Has he hurt somebody else's child?
他又干过吗? 他伤害别的孩子了吗?
Has he destroyed somebody else's family?
他毁了别人的家庭吗?
Betty, bless her heart,
贝蒂,保佑她
she was running interference for Darlene
她在为达琳奔走交涉
and making sure that it was getting done.
并确保它完成
We decided we'd come back to Colorado.
我们决定回到科罗拉多州
We did flyers.
我们发了传♥单♥
We had T-shirts made up with her picture on it and hats.
我们有印着她照片的T恤和帽子
I even wrote a poem.
我还写了一首诗
"In the vision of man, but it's just deceit.
“在人的视野里,但那只是欺骗”
For there's a demon on your streets.
“因为你的街道上有个幽灵”
You may know his face. I know it well.
“你可能见过他,我很了解”
He left behind some clues to tell.
“他留下了一些线索”
I'm only waiting for the clock to chime,
“我只是在等钟声响起”
for soon, he'll pay for his heinous crime.
“很快,他将为自己的滔天罪行付出代价”
I know the secret, I know the truth."
“我知道秘密,我知道真♥相♥”
「吉姆·艾沙姆侦探,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局 」
The most important thing you can take away from a crime scene
你能从犯罪现场带走的最重要的东西
is the physical evidence.
是物证
Well, the crime scene investigators,
犯罪现场调查人员
even back then, had specialized training in collecting that evidence.
即使在当时,也接受过收集证据的专门训练
Now we have the benefit of video and technology
现在我们有视频和技术的优势
「约瑟夫·索莫斯基,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局 」
and getting into people's social media and cell phone accounts,
可以进入人们的社交媒体和手♥机♥账户
that actually help solve cases.
这实际上有助于破案
But Joe Kenda, especially, came from an era where you had to find evidence.
但乔·肯达,尤其是来自一个你必须找到证据的时代
Those guys are absolute heroes.
那些家伙是绝对的英雄
At the initial onset of the investigation,
在调查的最初阶段
「杰西卡·维尔特里,美国陆军刑事调查局特别探员」
they collected all the evidence
他们收集了所有的证据
maybe, at that time, for blood typing
也许,那时是为了测血型
and to see what the future might bring.
看看未来会带来什么
It is fascinating, because they didn't know
这很有意思,因为他们不知道
what they were preserving it for.
保存它的目的是什么
Um, it just goes to show the foresight and the dedication
嗯,它显示出有远见和敬业精神
to, to advancements that were coming.
为即将到来的进步
And knowing that we still had that evidence, I just, I felt very confident
知道我们仍然有证据,我感到非常有信心
that there was a chance that this case could get solved.
这个案子有可能得到解决的机会
The suspect's DNA profile had been entered in CODIS,
嫌疑人的DNA图谱已输入DNA数据库系统
a nationwide, uh, system.
一个全国性的系统
And as of 2018, there had been no matches.
截至2018年,还没有匹配
Which told me that since 1987, if no one's DNA
这告诉我,自1987年以来,如果没有人的DNA
had been entered into the system, it was very unlikely,
被输入到系统,是很不可能的
and getting less likely by the second,
而且,随着时间推移,越来越不可能
that that was ever gonna happen.
那是永远不会发生的
It blew me away that even though we had
让我大吃一惊,尽管我们在
a really solid DNA profile in the national DNA index,
国家DNA索引中有一个非常可靠的DNA图谱
we still didn't have a suspect.
但我们仍然没有嫌疑人
After the phenotyping was done,
在表型分♥析♥完成后
we got a visual depiction of what the shape of the face
may look like.
我们得到了面部形状的视觉描述
Social media just blew up.
社交媒体炸开了锅
We were getting calls from other countries,
我们接到来自其他国家的电♥话♥
based on seeing stuff on Facebook,
基于在Facebook上看到的东西
saying, "Maybe I know this person."
说,“可能我认识这个人”
Social media brought us tons of leads.
社交媒体给我们带来了大量线索
Unfortunately, not a lot of them really led anywhere.
遗憾的是,没有多少有用的东西
You know, it's disappointing.
你知道,这很令人失望
That composite sketch, I had it posted on my desk.
那张合成草图,我把它贴在了桌子上
Just, I stared at it every day.
只是,我每天都盯着它
Like, who is this guy, where is he now, is he alive?
比如,这家伙是谁,他现在在哪里,他还活着吗?
I remember The New York Times article
我记得《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的文章
about a cold case that was solved with genetic genealogy.
关于一个用基因谱系学解决的悬案
So I started to follow how it was being applied in law enforcement.
因此,我开始关注它是如何在执法中应用的
With the popularity of people testing their own DNA
随着人们检测自己DNA的普及
to find out where they're from...
找出他们来自哪里...
more and more people are entering their DNA into these databases.
越来越多的人将他们的DNA输入到这些数据库中
What forensic genealogists can do
法医家谱学家能做什么
is start to trace back that family tree,
开始追溯家谱
and see what ancestors they have in common,
看看他们的祖先有什么共同点
and the law enforcement can, kind of, work with the genealogists.
执法部门可以与家谱学家合作
They find out where the DNA intersects
他们发现了DNA的交叉点
between this family member with a shared DNA
这个拥有共同DNA的家庭成员之间
and the individual that you're trying to identify.
以及你试图识别的那个人
I reached out to Parabon,
我联♥系♥了帕拉邦
who had previously done the phenotyping.
他们之前做过表型分♥析♥
So, the genealogy, it was new for their company,
家谱对他们的公♥司♥来说是新的
and they said, "We'll run it through the database once a week.
他们说,“我们将每周在数据库中运行一次”
And if get something that looks workable, we'll reach out."
电影精选列表