Joe Kenda asked us very pointed, very specific questions
乔·肯达问了我们非常尖锐具体的问题
trying to find out whereabouts, who were we with.
试图问出我们在哪里,和谁在一起
「埃里克·洛德中士,美国陆军(前任)」
I mean, just about every single detail he could have imagined, that day.
我的意思是,他能想象出的几乎那天的每个细节
I was smoking like a freight train. I was nervous.
我很紧张,拼命抽烟
We left work, and Darlene says she wanted to go out and have some fun.
我们下班了,达琳说她想出去找点乐子
And so, I said, "Yeah, sure." You know.
于是,我说,“没问题”你懂的
"Uh, I'll take you to B Street."
“呃,我带你去B街”
Robinson was dancing with Darlene,
罗宾逊和达琳跳舞
and, you know, was having a good time.
而且,你知道,玩得很开心
Darlene danced with a couple of the guys in the bar,
达琳和酒吧里的几个家伙跳舞
and I said, "Okay. It's time to go."
于是我说,“好吧,该走了”
And she said, "No, I'm not leaving."
接着她说,“不,我不走”
I said, "Yeah, you are, 'cause I'm you're ride. I'm responsible for you."
我说,“是的,你是,因为是我载你来的,我对你负责”
And we kinda got into it a little bit.
我们有点小争执
And there was a guy at the bar that she was drinking with.
酒吧里有一个人和她一起喝酒
Darlene doesn't introduce him, so he doesn't get a name.
达琳没有介绍他,所以没有他的名字
But Lord describes him as a young GI, doesn't know him,
但洛德说他像个年轻的退伍军人,不了解他
never seen him before.
之前从未见过他
You can usually pick a soldier out.
你能看出来当兵的
Just by the, you know, the way they walk.
就凭,你知道,他们走路的方式
By the way they carry themselves.
通过他们的举止
And he remembers looking at this guy,
他记得看着这家伙
and he thought he was unusual-looking.
他觉得他长得很不寻常
Okay, what does that mean?
好吧,这是什么意思?
The person that I saw had beady eyes, you know?
我看到的那个人有一双泡泡眼,你知道吗?
It's very hard to translate someone's impression of a body part
要翻译他对某个身体部位的印象是非常困难的
when you really don't know what he's talking about.
当你真的不知道某人在说什么的时候
What means beady eyes to him may mean something else to you.
对他来说意味着泡泡眼,对你来说可能意味着别的
She says, "He'll give me a ride."
她说,“他会载我一程的”
I said, "We have to make formation."
我说,“我们必须组队返回”
You know, there's no way around it.
你知道,这是没有办法的
You know, and it was getting late.
你知道,当时已经很晚了
And she says, "No, don't worry about it."
接着,她说,"不,别担心"
"I'll be there." Last time I ever saw her.
“我会去的”,这是我最后一次见她
We, of course, considered that from the very beginning,
当然,我们从一开始就考虑到
that the killer in this process is probably military.
这个手法的凶手大概是军人
That's the most likely scenario.
这是最有可能的情况
To think that, even then, they knew that it was possibly a soldier,
想想看,即使那时,他们也知道可能是一名士兵
um, so somebody who you're supposed to be able to trust,
嗯,你应该可以信任的人
um, and work alongside with.
嗯,在一起工作的人
As a special agent for Army CID, I didn't want to give up on that.
作为陆军刑事调查局的特别探员,我不想放弃这一点
In 2017, the technology called phenotyping,
在2017年,被称为表型的技术
that was the most advanced DNA technology we could do at that time.
是我们当时能做的最先进的DNA技术
Early in 2017, I came across this company called Parabon.
2017年初,我来到了一家名为帕拉邦的公♥司♥
And I saw that they had the ability to take DNA
我发现他们有能力提取DNA
and identify, with a certain probability, what color eyes this person might have,
并以一定的概率识别出这个人可能是什么颜色的眼睛
what skin tone they might have.
他们可能是什么肤色
We learned when we got the phenotype,
当我们得到表型时,我们了解到
the individual that the DNA belonged to was a white male.
DNA所属的个体是一名白人男性
Northern, western European descent.
北欧、西欧血统
Brown hair, hazel eyes.
棕色头发,淡褐色眼睛
The evolution I was so fondly looking forward to,
我所期待的进展
has in fact happened.
事实上已经发生了
The ghost is alive.
幽灵还活着
We have Sergeant Lord,
我们有洛德中士
the last man to see Darlene Krashoc alive.
最后一个见到达琳·克拉肖克活着的人
At the time, Erik was trying his best to convince this girl to come out of this bar.
当时,埃里克正竭尽全力说服这个女孩走出这家酒吧
It wasn't enough. He got tired of that, and he left.
这还不够,他厌倦了,就离开了
And then, uh, next day she didn't show up.
然后,呃,第二天她没有出现
And... You know, I was...
然后...,你知道,我...
I said, "Okay, maybe... She'd been drinking."
我说,“好吧,也许……她一直在喝酒”
I said, "Let's give her some time."
我说,“给她点时间吧”
And then we had found out that there was a girl found. A girl's body was found.
然后我们发现有个女孩的尸体被发现了
I said, "Oh, my God! That's it. That's her."
我说,“哦,我的天!就是这样,就是她”
And, literally just... Whole world just caved in.
而且,实际上是...整个世界都崩塌了
Erik had some degree of survivor guilt. It's common.
埃里克有某种程度幸存者负疚感,这很正常
People blame themselves for something they didn't do,
人们为他们没有做的事情责怪自己
that resulted in terrible things happening to someone.
这导致了可怕的事情发生在某人身上
You know, the fact that, um, I was Darlene's ride that night,
你知道,事实上,嗯,那天晚上是我载的达琳
and I left her behind, I... Um.
后来没管她,我... 嗯
I should've pushed her in the car.
我本该把她推上车的
And why I didn't.
为什么我没有
You know, it's, uh... Hard to deal with.
你知道,这是,呃... 很难处理
One little motion, I could've changed...
只要一个小动作,我就可以改变...
I wouldn't be here right now talking to you.
我现在就不会和你在这里说话
Met a lot of people I didn't want to meet.
遇到很多我不想见的人
And in this case, that much rage, it's not unlikely
在这种情况下,如此愤怒
that the suspect also has some kind of marks or injuries on them.
可能嫌疑人身上也有某种痕迹或受伤
「布莱恩·里兹侦探,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局(退役)」
So when we're interviewing people, we're gonna ask and we're gonna look
所以当我们询问别人时,我们会问会看
to see if they have any kind of marks on them.
他们身上有没有什么痕迹
And then they said, "Take your shirt off."
然后他们说,“脱下你的衬衫”
He's perfectly clean, doesn't have a mark on him.
他非常干净,身上没有任何痕迹
We still take blood and hair from him, with his consent.
经他同意,我们从他身上采集了血液和毛发
They looked at my teeth. Actually took bite impressions.
他们看了我的牙齿,实际上是取牙印
It was very involved.
工作非常投入
The story Erik Lord tells is perfectly reasonable.
埃里克·洛德讲的故事非常合理
The best person to confirm that story is Tim Robinson.
蒂姆·罗宾逊是这个故事的最好证明人
Because he was there too.
因为他也在场
So I go next door, to where Mr. Robinson is being interrogated by somebody else.
然后我去了隔壁房♥间,罗宾逊在那儿正被其他人审问
Tim and Erik provided very consistent information
蒂姆和埃里克提供的信息非常一致
about their association with Darlene on that night.
关于那天晚上他们和达琳的事
Everything is going along swimmingly in this interrogation.
审讯进行得很顺利
Then we asked him to take off his shirt.
然后我们让他脱下衬衫
And he is covered in scratches.
他浑身都是抓痕
He has them on his back, his chest, and his arm.
他的背部、胸部和手臂上都有
Mr. Robinson, you suddenly have some serious explaining to do.
罗宾逊先生,你得郑重解释一下
He's got scratches all over him.
他全身都是抓痕
Well, Timmy, where'd you get those?
好吧,蒂米,你的抓痕是从哪来的?
「乔·肯达警督」
He's one of the last to see her. He's got some marks.
他是最后见到她的人之一,他身上有些印迹
「布莱恩·里兹侦探,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局(退役)」
This is starting to look pretty good.
这开始看起来不错了
Robinson gets very upset.
罗宾逊非常沮丧
He knows the Army has a habit of hitting you over the head with a sledgehammer
他知道军队有一个习惯,他们会用大锤敲你的头
when you get accused of a crime.
当你被指控犯罪时
I looked at him and asked him, "Can you explain the scratches and marks all over you?"
我看着他问,“你能解释一下身上的抓痕和印迹?”
And Robinson said, "I know this girl,
罗宾逊说,“我认识这个女孩”
and I went to see her that night and all these marks came from her."
“那天晚上我去看她,所有这些痕迹都来自她”
Well...
哇...
Something you don't hear everyday, but there are people who do that sort of thing.
这不是你每天都能听到的,但确实有人在做这样的事
He's in a relationship with a girl who gets a little physical.
他和谈恋爱一个女孩有点肢体冲突
His story panned out.
他的故事得到了证实
I still take hair and blood samples from him.
我仍从他身上采集了头发和血液样本
And I ask to look at his teeth.
我要求看一下他的牙齿
When I do look at his teeth,
当我看到他的牙齿时
they in no way match the bite mark evidence we have.
它们与我们掌握的咬痕完全不符
So Mr. Robinson has an alibi.
罗宾逊先生有不在场证明
At this point in the investigation,
调查至此
when your leads are just running out
你的线索断了
and you don't have anything, you start to reach.
什么都没有,你得扩大范围
In this particular case,
在这种特殊情况下
the victim is in a nightclub involving perhaps as many as 100 people.
受害者在一家可能有上百人的夜♥总♥会♥
It's a very difficult thing to analyze, after the fact.
事后,是一件很难分♥析♥的事情
To think that a bartender was going to remember an individual
想想酒保会记住某个人
that just walked up, grabbed a drink, went out and danced.
他只是走上前,喝了一杯,然后出去跳舞
Trying to identify an individual at a bar is a very daunting task.
在酒吧试图确定一个人是非常困难的
As a homicide detective, you engage in a process of elimination.
作为一名凶杀案侦探,你参与了整个摸排过程
This was 1987. No cellphones.
这是1987年,没有手♥机♥
No surveillance cameras.
没有监控摄像头
This is old-fashioned gumshoe detective work,
这是老式的侦探工作
电影精选列表