“如果得到一些看起来可行的东西,我们会联♥系♥你”
It was probably about a year.
大概一年左右
And that whole time, I'm just like, "I know it's coming."
一直以来,我都在想,“我知道它会来的”
It was 2019 when I got the call.
我接到电♥话♥时是2019年
"We've got a possible match,
“我们有一个可能的匹配”
a familial match, um, with the suspect.
“一个家庭匹配,嗯,与嫌疑人匹配”
It equates to about a third cousin."
“大概相当于一个第三代表兄弟”
And so this is something that we can work. It's workable.
所以这是我们可以做的,是可行的
Agent Veltri called me and said,
韦尔特里探员打电♥话♥给我说
"We have a match to the unknown individual number one
“我们找到了个与一号♥身份不明的人匹配的人”
in Darlene Krashoc's case."
“在达琳·克拉肖克案里的”
I remember, I looked at Detective Somosky,
我记得我看着索莫斯基警探
and I just told him. I said, "I think we got our guy."
我只是告诉他,我说,“我想我们找到了我们的人”
And he said, "Are you sure?"
他说,“你确定吗?”
And I said, "I'm not sure, but the science is sure."
我说,“我不确定,但科学是肯定的”
The very next communication was,
接下来的沟通是,
"Hey, we'd like to brief you on the results."
“嘿,我们想向您简要介绍一下结果”
I mean, I remember being in the office.
我的意思是,我记得当时在办公室
Jim was on the line.
吉姆在线上
I had a sign on my door, like, "Do not disturb."
我的门上有一块牌子,上面写着“请勿打扰”
Um, and we're just all sitting there.
嗯,我们都坐在那里
For 32 years at CSPD,
在科罗拉多斯普林斯警局工作了32年
I've been trying to identify a ghost,
我一直在试着揪出一个幽灵
and, finally, after advances in science,
最后,在科学进步...
willingness to pursue,
紧追不舍之后
that ghost that's out there running around loose...
那个四处游荡的幽灵...
he has a name. This is what we've been looking for.
他有个名字,这就是我们一直在寻找的
「科罗拉多调查局,北硅路79号♥」
「制片人」那个报道上的名字是什么?
Michael Whyte.
迈克尔·怀特
「杰西卡·维尔特里,美国陆军刑事调查局特别探员」
Michael Whyte.
迈克尔·怀特
「吉姆·艾沙姆侦探,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局 」
Michael Whyte was tentatively identified from the genetic genealogy.
迈克尔·怀特是从基因谱系中初步鉴定出来的
「约瑟夫·索莫斯基,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局 」
His name is Michael David Whyte.
他的名字叫迈克尔·大卫·怀特
「乔·肯达警督」
「制片人」他的名字以前出现在这个案卷里吗?
We'd never seen the name Michael Whyte come up in that case report.
我们从未在案卷里看到过迈克尔·怀特
I'd never seen the name before.
我以前从未见过这个名字
All the people that we interviewed, the suspect's name never surfaced.
我们询问过的所有人,嫌犯名字从未出现过
「迈克·内斯特探员,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局(退役)」
2,000 pages...
两千页...
and Michael David Whyte never appears.
迈克尔·大卫·怀特从未露面
We never heard of him, nor did anyone else.
我们从未听说过他,其他人也没有
Who is this guy?
这家伙是谁?
In doing some research, we confirm that he was a soldier.
通过一些调查,我们确认他是一名士兵
He was assigned to Fort Carson.
他被分配到卡森堡
During that time...
在那期间...
and public records did confirm, he lived
公开记录确认他还活着
not far from where Darlene's body was found.
离达琳尸体被发现的地方不远
He has zero criminal record.
他没有犯罪记录
He got a parking ticket once.
他有过一次违章停车罚单
For all intents and purposes, he is Mr. Boring Suburbia.
总而言之,他是个无聊的郊区先生
We need to know for sure.
我们需要确定
We need to surveil this guy.
我们需要监视这个家伙
We knew that he was stable.
我们知道他情况稳定
Married, with a home in an affluent suburb in Denver.
已婚,有一个家在丹佛的一个富裕郊区
And working in a pretty good job
有一份不错的工作
in the telecommunications industry.
在电♥信♥行业
We needed to get ahold of DNA to confirm
我们需要获得DNA来确认
that he was the person matching
他就是匹配的人
unknown suspect number one's DNA.
与一号♥未知嫌疑人的DNA匹配
A fugitive team did sit up on Michael Whyte.
一个临时小组盯上了迈克尔·怀特
These are guys that do this for a living.
这些人就是干这个的
So you'd never know you're getting followed.
你不会知道自己被跟踪
They just keep tailing off, trading off.
他们保持交替尾随
They're good at it.
他们很擅长
So they go, and they start surveilling him.
他们出发了,开始监视他
And this particular day, he's out running errands.
这一天,他出去办事了
But he pulls into a hamburger place
但他把车开进一家汉堡店
to get lunch.
去吃午饭
He sits there, he enjoys his lunch.
他坐在那里,享用着午餐
And he has a red Solo cup.
他有个红色塑料杯
He drinks from the cup.
他用杯子喝水
The cup is now the focus.
杯子成了焦点
That's gonna have his saliva on that cup.
那杯子上会有他的唾液
What's he gonna do with it?
他会怎么处理它?
He gets up and leaves.
他起身离开
So we didn't need a warrant.
所以我们不需要搜查令
He technically has no privacy rights to that piece of trash
从技术上讲,他对垃圾没有隐私权
he's just discarded.
他刚刚丢弃的
Some agents came down from Fort Carson
一些特工从卡森堡下来
after, uh, Agent Veltri called them.
在维尔特里探员打电♥话♥给他们之后
Jim and I transferred the evidence to them.
吉姆和我把证据转交给了他们
The scientists working the case communicated with us,
负责这个案子的科学家和我们联♥系♥过
"We're gonna work this 24x7 until it's... Until it's resolved."
“我们要全天候工作直到...,直到结果出来”
There were some tense moments,
有一些紧张的时刻
some dallying, if you will.
一些拖延,如果你愿意这样说
But again, you know, witnesses lie,
但是,你知道,证人撒谎
I've even had victims lie,
我甚至让受害者撒过谎
but one thing I've found in 32 years of law enforcement,
但在我32年的执法生涯中发现了一件事
the evidence doesn't lie.
证据不会撒谎
The results from the DNA came back in,
DNA检测结果出来了
I honestly want to say two-and-a-half to three weeks,
我真的想说两周半到三周
which is, kind of, unheard of in DNA cases.
这在DNA案件中是闻所未闻的
「制片人」结果是什么?
That it was a confirmed match to unknown person number one.
与一号♥不明身份的人匹配
My, my, my.
我的天啊
It is him without question.
毫无疑问就是他
He is the only guy who deposited his DNA on and inside the victim in this case.
他是本案中唯一将DNA留在受害者身上的人
We were now in a position, after only 32 years,
时隔32年,我们终于有机会
to arrest Michael David Whyte for the murder and rape of Darlene Krashoc.
以强♥奸♥并谋杀达琳·克拉肖克的罪名逮捕迈克尔·大卫·怀特
It's time to go to jail, Michael.
该进监狱了,迈克尔
I remember, it was June 13th, 2019.
我记得,那是2019年6月13日
One of those days, it's kind of hard to forget as a law enforcement officer,
有一天,作为一名执法人员,我很难忘记
「吉姆·艾沙姆侦探,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局 」
made numerous arrests in my career,
在我的职业生涯中,我逮捕了很多人
this one, kind of, rises to the top.
这一天,有点上升到了顶峰
I called Agent Veltri and said,
我打电♥话♥给韦尔特里探员说
"The warrant's been issued for Michael Whyte's arrest."
“迈克尔·怀特的逮捕令已经签发”
「约瑟夫·索莫斯基侦探,科罗拉多斯普林斯警局 」
I wanted to give them the opportunity to be there,
我想给他们一个去那里的机会
because without them, we couldn't have had that result.
因为没有他们,我们不可能有这样的结果
It was insane. We hadn't eaten, we hadn't slept.
这太疯狂了,我们没吃饭,也没睡觉
「杰西卡·维尔特里,美国陆军刑事调查局特别探员」
And then, next thing you know,
然后,接下来的事情你知道了
we're in the car, and we're heading to Denver.
我们在车里,我们前往丹佛
We met at a park in Thornton, Colorado,
我们在科罗拉多州桑顿的一个公园会面
and a plan was devised.
并制定了一个计划
The fugitive units and myself were to make contact with Mr. Whyte at his residence.
临时小组和我将在怀特先生的住所联♥系♥他
We knew that there was at least one other adult living in the house,
我们知道房♥子里至少还有一个成年人
identified as his spouse, and we didn't want to put anyone at risk.
确认是他的配偶,我们不想让任何人有危险
You know, this guy is a trained soldier.
你知道,这家伙是个训练有素的士兵
You know, someone is not a threat
你知道,某人不是威胁
until they're faced with being arrested
直到他们被逮捕
for a crime the committed 30 years earlier.
由于他三十年前犯下的罪行
It was a matter of knocking on the door, asking for Mr. Whyte.
只要敲开门,找怀特先生就行了
After he identified himself,
他表明身份后
our fugitive team told him that we did have arrest warrants
我们的临时小组告诉他我们有逮捕令
from the Colorado Springs Police Department.
来自科罗拉多斯普林斯警局
It was, kind of, a textbook arrest.
这是一次教科书式的逮捕
There was no fighting, no screaming.
没有打斗,没有尖叫
He said, "Okay," while he was transported in.
他说,“好的”他被押进车时
After the arrest, I went in with Detective Jim Isham
被捕后我和吉姆·艾沙姆侦探一起进去
to speak to Michael Whyte's wife.
和迈克尔·怀特的妻子谈话
His current wife was just taken off guard.
电影精选列表