你为什麽要说?
Why would you say that?
我以为你告诉过他们了
I thought you told them.
不,你知道他们不知道
(SCOFFS) No! You knew they didn't know.
不行吗?
No?
这样的事会毁了他们的生活
Something like that could ruin their lives.
你绝不能让他们知道他们的父亲实际上是…
You can never, ever let them know about their father really being...
是怎样?
Being what?
可恶
(STAMMERING) Cheap.
爸很可恶?
Dad was cheap?
喔,老天,对啊
Oh, God, yeah.
你们还记得客厅的那个丑沙发吗?
Don't you remember that ugly couch we had in the living room?
他不让我买♥♥我喜欢的那个
He wouldn't let me buy the one I wanted,
因此我们不得不从跳蚤市场搬回这个新的
so we had to get that one from a garage sale.
(SCOFFING)
你在说谎,我看的出来,我可以从你眼中看出来
You're lying. I can see it! I can see it in your eyes.
告诉我们真♥相♥
Tell us the truth.
爸爸不是我们的亲生父亲?
Was Dad not our father?
不,不,不,他以前是,他是你们的父亲
No, no, no. He was. He is your father.
- 你说「他是你们的父亲」是什麽意思? - 不
- What do you mean "he is our father"? - ZELDA: No.
(SIGHING)
- 喔,天啊 – 妈?
- Oh, God. - RALPH: Mom?
我不能,你知道,我不能再这麽做了
I can't. You know, I can't. I can't do this anymore.
- 呼吸 – 喔,老天
- Breathe. (INHALING DEEPLY) - ZELDA: Oh, God.
什麽?
What?
好吧
ZELDA: All right.
我们处不下去了,好吗?
We didn't get along, okay?
他想要回去学校念完他的博士
And he wanted to go back to school for his PhD.
我们同意我们不想让你们经历离婚
And we agreed that we didn't want to put you through a divorce
还有监护权那些狗屁东西
and all of the custody hell,
所以我们决定让你们跟我住
and so we decided that you guys would stay with me
我只跟你们说…
and I would just tell you that...
什麽?
What?
他死了
That he died.
我真不敢相信,什麽,爸还活著?
I can't believe this. What, Dad is alive?
没错
Yeah.
什麽样的母亲才会告诉他们的小孩他们的父亲
What mother tells their children that their father died
死于结肠镜检查?
during a routine colonoscopy, to what?
为了让他们不要难堪吗?
To save them from inconvenience?
不,不,这很複杂,伊莫金,好吗?
No, no, it was a complicated situation, Imogene. Okay?
我是想要保护你们
(STAMMERING) I was trying to protect you guys.
我想要你们快快乐乐的长大
I wanted you to grow up feeling good about yourselves.
他现在怎麽了?
What happened to him?
有人跟我说他写了本书
Somebody told me that he wrote a book.
喔,等等,伊莫金
Oh, wait, Imogene.
等等,喔,拜託
Wait. Oh, come on.
你要做什麽?
What are you going to do?
等等!
Wait!
伊莫金
Imogene.
小伊,等等
Immy, wait.
拉夫,那艘船天是停在那裡的吗?
Ralph, was that boat moored out there yesterday?
伊莫金,拜託
ZELDA: Imogene, please.
伊莫金,甜心,我今天要用车
Imogene, honey. I need my car today.
我在「幸运转盘」有一次免费试转
I have a free spin on the Lucky Wheel!
嘿,等等,甜心,拜託。嘿,开门,好吗?
Hey, wait. Honey, please. Hey, unlock the door, okay?
(ENGINE STARTS)
头奖是去牙买♥♥加旅游,我们可以一起去
The jackpot is a cruise to Jamaica! We could all go together!
嘿…
Hey...
甜心,拜託因为这件事自杀
Honey, please don't kill yourself over this.
我爱你
I love you.
喔,有什麽需要?
Oh, can I help you?
但愿如此
I hope so.
呃,你们有麦斯威尔‧P‧邓肯的书吗?
Um, do you have anything written by Maxwell P. Duncan?
P‧邓肯,我查一下
P. Duncan. Let's look it up.
有C,对吗?
(STAMMERING) That's a "C", right?
是C
That's a "C".
不是K
And not a "K".
- 不,那是C – 喔
- No, it's a. - Oh.
不,抱歉,你刚刚输入的是「K」
No, sorry. You just pressed "K".
你说的对,我很抱歉
You're right. Sorry about that.
- 好的 – D-U-N-
- Okay. - D-U-N.
喔,有好多叫邓肯的
Oh, there's lots of Duncans.
P‧邓肯,麦斯威尔‧P‧邓肯
P. Duncan. Maxwell P. Duncan.
你没事吧?
Are you okay?
没事,谢谢
Yes. Thank you.
P‧邓肯,找到了,我们有一本
P. Duncan, there it is. We have one book.
呃,我看看
Uh, let's see.
在哪裡?
Where is it?
在非小说类
In the non-fiction.
嗯
Hmm.
麦斯威尔‧P‧邓肯是一位世界著名的
"Maxwell P. Duncan is a world-renowned expert
研究早期殖民时代的美国历史专家
"on the early colonial period of American history.
「邓肯先生在美国公共广播公♥司♥和国家公共电台发表演讲」
"Mr. Duncan has spoken on PBS and NPR.
「他住在…」
"He resides in..."
「纽约」
"New York City."
(ALARM BLARING)
喔,不,你不能
Oh, no, you don't.
让开!
Move it!
(GASPING)
(BRAKES SQUEALING)
(CRASHES)
我在后照镜就看到你了
I saw you in my rearview mirror,
你根本没在专心开车
you weren't even paying attention!
你在补妆
You were putting on makeup!
我才没在补妆,你以为我是在为你补妆吗?
I wasn't putting on makeup! Does it look like I'm wearing makeup to you?
你要赔我这个
Well, you're going to have to pay for this.
只不过是一点小刮痕,有什麽大不了的
It's a couple of little scratches. What is the big deal?
不好意思,这是保时捷
Excuse me, it's a Porsche!
先生,这是博斯特(其实就是保时捷的一款)
Sir, it's a Boxster.
你们有问题吗?你们堵塞交通了
You folks okay? You're holding up traffic.
不,警♥察♥先生,我们有问题,事实上,问题大了
No, sir. We're not okay, actually, at all.
这个女人在补妆的时候从后面追撞了我
This woman rear-ends me while she's putting on makeup.
我的遮阳板掉了下来
My visor fell down!
请两位出示驾驶执照
Can you both please show me your driver's license,
登记证和保险卡好吗?
registration, and insurance cards?
没问题,警官
Sure thing, Officer.
你有问题吗?
Is something wrong?
好吧,首先,我没在补妆
Okay. First of all, I wasn't putting on makeup!
大西洋城?
Ocean City?
伊莫金?
Imogene?
伊莫金‧邓肯?
Imogene Duncan?
对啊
Yeah.
是我啊,我是瑞克斯‧瑞纳迪
It's me. It's Rex Rinaldi.
高中同学
From high school.
T-瑞克斯‧瑞纳迪?
T-Rex Rinaldi?
你是我的数学小老师,我的数学那时候一蹋糊涂
You were my TA in my dumb-bell math class.
你说你不能跟我参加返校舞会
You said you couldn't go to homecoming with me
因为刚好是你父亲的忌日?
because it fell on the anniversary of your father's death?
- 没错 – 想起来了
- Yeah. - Sure!
对啊,没错
IMOGENE: Okay, yeah.
伊莫金‧邓肯
Imogene Duncan!
就是我
Here I am.
我们能先处理这件事吗?
Can we do this please?
- 我得要去我要去的地方 – 当然,没问题
- I have somewhere I'm supposed to be. - Yeah. All right.
很好,谢谢
Great, thank you.
你的呢?
Do you have yours?
你知道,现在住在曼哈顿
You know, I live in Manhattan now,
我有好几年没开车了
and I haven't really driven in years.
调度室,我要查一台车
Dispatch, I got to run a plate.
呃,纽泽西
Uh, New Jersey.
- U-0-A-8-N – 嘿,瑞克斯?
- Umbrella-zero-alpha-eight-nlner. - Hey, Rex?
我只想说你所做的工作是多麽的勇敢无私
I just want to say how brave and selfless you are for what you do.
因为全部的市民…
Just all the citizens...
收到
REX: Copy that.
呃,好吧,呃,似乎这台车被报失窃
电影精选列表