- Why not? - Well...
首先,因为你给「海上娇娃」的评价是
First off, because you called Dames At Sea,
「说实话,一部无足轻重的剧作」
"An insignificant, if not irritating,
「一部由不出色的表演和俏皮话组合成的情境喜剧」
"amalgam of lackluster performances and sitcom one-liners."
你看到了? 评价的很公道吧
Have you seen it? Because that's putting it very nicely.
它得过东尼奖
It won the Tony.
而且你知道,坦白说,我们不在乎你对它的评价是好是坏
And, you know, frankly, we don't care whether you think it's good or bad.
你不是评论家
You're not a reviewer.
听著,你的工作只是
No, see, your job is just to describe
用五句话描述该剧
the play in five sentences or less
让人觉得它很有趣
and make it sound interesting.
写许你不清楚
Perhaps you weren't aware
但是我编的剧本获得过Hollingsworth奖金
that I won the Hollingsworth fellowship for playwriting
还有纽约杂♥志♥把我列在
or that New York Magazine put me
值得观看的编剧名单内?
on their list of playwrights to watch?
我不知道,谢谢你提醒我
I was not aware. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
不客气
You're welcome.
好吧
Okay-
嗯,我们真心不希望
Well, we certainly don't want to stand in
阻碍你蓬勃发展的写作事业
the way of your burgeoning writing career.
那,呃…
So, uh...
就是这样
Yeah.
你说「就是这样」是什麽意思?
What does "yeah" mean?
就是你想的那个意思
Yeah.
你可以走了
(SOFTLY) You can go.
(PHONE BUZZING)
我是彼得
This is Peter.
我知道我不应该在你工作的时候打电♥话♥
I know I'm not supposed to call you during work hours,
但是我丢了杂♥志♥社的工作
but I lost my job at the magazine.
而我…
And I'm just... (SOBBING)
我现在很难过
I'm having a really tough time right now.
我知道不关你的事…但是…
And I know it's not your problem, but...
我只是想,你也许能过来
I was just thinking maybe
你可以过来陪我躺一会儿?
you could come over and just lay with me for a little bit?
伊莫金,我…
Imogene, I...
- 我在上班 – 我知道,但是…
- I'm working. - I know, I just...
我现在真的不想一个人
I don't really trust myself to be alone right now.
什麽?你是什麽意思?
What? What do you mean?
我的意思是如果你不过来,我可能
I mean I'm afraid if you don't come over I might
会对我做出什麽事
do something to myself.
伊莫金
Imogene.
或者我已经这麽做了
Or maybe I already have.
你做了什麽?
What did you do?
彼得…
Just, Peter...
如果你爱我就说你会过来,好吗?
if you love me just say you'll come over. Please?
好吧
All right.
永别了,世界
IMOGEN E: Farewell, world.
我的生命不过是黑暗中的短暂一刹那亮光
My life is but a brief flickering in the darkness.
弱得不足以照亮房♥间
Too faint to light a room.
而很快,火光就会熄灭
And much too soon does the flame burn out.
因为痛苦得风,吹熄了我的光亮
As the winds of suffering have extinguished my light,
天堂会场开怀抱欢迎我
heaven welcomes me with her open embrace.
(KNOCKING AT DOOR)
伊莫金?
DARA: Imogene?
有人吗?
Hello?
你在吗?
Are you in here?
伊莫金,你的门开著
Imogene, you left your door open.
上面还有个标记,我想你的房♥东一定对你很生气
There's also a sign on it. I think your landlord is upset with you.
伊莫金,我只是经过这裡
Imogene, I just stopped by to pick up
顺便来拿我借你的卡蒂尔耳环
those Cartier earrings that I lent you.
伊莫金
Imogene.
喔,我的天啊
Oh, my God.
还好吗?伊莫金?
Hello? Imogene?
伊莫金,你听的到吗?
Imogene, can you hear me?
喔,我的天啊,我的天啊
Oh, my God. Oh, my God.
喔,我的天啊
Oh, my God!
喔,我的天啊
Oh, my God!
喔,我的天啊,伊莫金
Oh, my God, Imogene.
喂,爸?
Hello. Dad?
爸,是我黛拉
Daddy, it's Dara.
喔,我的老天,爸
Oh, my God, Dad.
伊莫金死了
Imogene is dead!
不,不,她就是死了
No, no. She's just dead.
我不知道怎麽确认
I don't know how to check!
伊莫金
PETER: Imogene.
伊莫金
Imogene.
喔,我的老天
Oh, my gosh!
乾杯
Cheers.
(BABY CRYING)
(PEOPLE APPLAUDING)
获得东尼奖最佳剧本奖的是…
And the Tony Award for Best Play goes to...
伊莫金‧邓肯
Imogene Duncan!
(APPLAUSE)
我是你的粉丝
I'm such a fan!
不,我才是你的粉丝
No. I'm such a fan.
谢谢你
Thank you.
喔,非常感谢,喔,我的天啊
Oh, thank you so much. Oh, my gosh!
有太多人我要感谢了
There's so many people that I want to thank.
但是最重要的是,我的爱人,我的荷兰丈夫,彼得
But most importantly, my wonderful, Dutch husband, Peter.
我会永远爱你,或者我应该说…
I will love you forever. Or should I say...
(SPEAKING DUTCH)
(RETCHING)
(RETCHING)
我说了一百万次
IMOGENE: For the 10 millionth time,
我不是真的自杀
I wasn't really trying to kill myself.
所以你是说,你不是真的想
DR. CHALMERS: So, you're saying you didn't really want to be reunited
与你死去的父亲在地下重聚?
with your dead father for eternity?
我不想死,好吗?
IMOGENE: I didn't want to die, okay?
嗯,我想你面对的问题在于
Well, I think the problem you're facing here
你写了一封发自肺腑的信
is that you wrote a pretty authentic sounding letter.
真的吗?
Really?
你认为它写得很好吗?
You thought it was that good?
在信中,你提到你死去的父亲
Now in your letter, you refer to your dead father.
他过世时,你几岁?
How old were you when he passed away?
9岁,认真说,谈这个没有意义
Nine. Seriously, there is no point to this.
能跟我谈谈他吗?
Can you tell me about him?
他是我见过最好的
He was just the best.
最聪明的男人
The smartest man I ever met.
他就是父亲中的「乔治克鲁尼」
He was like the George Clooney of fathers.
那你其他的家人呢?
And what about the rest of your family?
呃…我妈跟我弟住在纽泽西
Uh... My mom lives in New Jersey with my brother.
她有控制衝动障碍
She has an impulse control problem,
我有很多年没见过他们了
and I haven't seen them in years.
你能描述一下你母亲的控制衝动障碍的症状吗?
Can you describe the symptoms of your mother's impulse problem?
呃,我想一下
Uh, let's see.
一年买♥♥了52双果冻鞋
Buying 52 pairs of jelly shoes in one year.
每天都赌博,载搭顺风车的人
Gambling every day. Picking up hitchhikers.
戴著头巾出席家长会
Showing up to a parent-teacher conference wearing a turban.
我弟弟和我的生日相隔84天
My brother and I, our birthdays are 84 days apart,
因为她赌博
and because of her gambling
没钱让我们各自过生日
she couldn't afford to give us individual birthday parties,
我们得一起过生日
so we had to have a combined birthday party.
你知道因为母亲的控制衝动障碍
Do you have any idea how it feels to have a birthday party
在真正的生日过的84天才过生日
eighty-four days after your actual birthday,
是什麽感觉吗?
because your mom has an impulse problem?
好吧,嗯,这感觉很不好
Okay, well, it doesn't feel very good.
不,真令人难过
No, it's very sad.
对
Yeah.
我没事了
I'm doing okay.
我是说,虽然我很难过,但是…
I mean, it's been upsetting for me, but...
你有没有遇到过,在全♥裸♥的时候
ZELDA: Have you ever received a telephone call
接紧急电♥话♥的情况?
of an urgent nature when you're naked?
- 我没有 – 我那会儿刚洗澡出来
- I haven't. - I had just gotten out of the shower.
突然就接到这个电♥话♥
And suddenly this call comes.
嗯,我们是从原监理所的纪录裡
电影精选列表