All right, that's it. I'm going to handle this.
迄今我们已经对相关资料检查了五六次
We've been over this data with you five, six times now.
而且仍不明白你到底想让我们怎么处理
And we don't know how you want us to play this.
我跟你直说了吧 保罗
Let me level with you here, paul.
我并不知道这些管子是干什么用
I don't know what these tubes are for.
从你说的一切来看 这可能与核设施有联♥系♥
There could be something to this, from everything you're saying
-但是可能性很小 是吗 -一点不错
- but very likely not, right? - Exactly.
那我问你个问题
Let me ask a question.
当你说"我们不明白怎么处理"时
When you say, "We don't really know how to play this,"
你是什么意思
what do you mean?
我是说我不太擅长措辞
I mean to say that I don't know how to say it any other way...
你没说"我" 你说的是"我们"
You didn't say "I," You said "We."
也就是说你和其他人已经讨论过
So, you and the others had discussed
如何处理这些简报了
how to play these briefings.
为什么中情局觉得有必要处理这些简报
Why does the CIA feel the need to play these briefings?
不 我想说的是
No, what I mean is--
我不是那个意思
Okay, look, I didn't mean what I just said.
哪一块 最后一块 或是还有其它
Which part? The last part? Or other things, too?
抱歉 我有点困惑了
I'm sorry. I'm getting a little confused.
-要我再说一遍吗 -不 天哪 不用
- Do you want me to come back? - No. God, no.
-你并不知道我为什么来这 是不是 -是的
- You don't know why I'm here, do you? - No.
九一年 美国入侵伊♥拉♥克♥
In 1991, the United States invaded Iraq,
在此之后武器检察员
and afterwards weapons inspectors
发现萨♥达♥姆♥已经花了六个月来提炼
discovered Saddam was six months off enriching uranium
足以制♥造♥核弹的高浓度铀
to sufficiently high specifications to make a nuclear bomb.
他已经有了可裂变材料
He had fissile material.
中情局里的人却对这个项目
Not a single person in the CIA had the slightest clue
的存在丝毫不知情
that such a program even existed.
现在十年过去了 你是在告诉我
So, now, one decade on are you telling me
你百分之百地确认
that you're 100% sure
这些铝管不是拿来做核武器的吗
these tubes are not intended to create nuclear weapons?
关于情报 不可能有什么百分之百
One point about intelligence, nothing is 100%.
那就是说你百分之九十九确定了
So, what, are you 99% sure? 98%?
我是说你无法说得准
I'm saying that you can't put an exact figure on it.
-我只是说 -要是你一定得给个数据出来呢
- I'm saying that... - But if you had to say?
这不可能那么具体
You cannot be that precise.
那你有百分之九十七的自信吗
Could you say you're 97% sure?
你是不是只有百分之三的几率出错
Is there a 3% chance you've got this wrong?
亦或是百分之四或五
Or four or five?
这些几率还挺高 你喜欢吗 保罗
Still pretty good odds. Do you like those odds, Paul?
你敢拿你的名誉担♥保♥吗
Are you willing to put your name to that?
准备就这么下结论算了
Ready to make that call?
-我不会 长官 -不 保罗 你会的
- I don't make that call, sir. - Yes, you do, Paul.
每次你解读一条数据
Each time you interpret a piece of data.
每次你遴选出一条条情报
Each time you choose a maybe over a perhaps
你都在下结论 做判断
you make a call, a decision.
现在你通过做出大量
Right now you're making a lot
细微的选择来做出重大决定
of little decisions adding up to a big decision.
但要是你只有百分之一的几率出错
But what if there's only a 1% chance that you're wrong?
你能确定地说你会冒这个险
Can you say for sure that you'll take that chance
去把它当作
and state as a fact
这个设备不是拿来研究
that this equipment is not intended for
核武项目的事实来陈述
a nuclear weapons program?
你知道这个国家百分之一的人口有多少吗
Do you know what 1% of the population of this country is?
三百二十四万条人命啊
It's 3,240,000 souls.
长官 听我说 我们不是机器
Okay, sir. Look, we're not machines.
我们寻找证据 继而得出结论
We look at the evidence. We game it out.
不管您相不相信 结果不见得每个人都同意
And believe it or not, not everybody agrees all the time.
-总有个过程 -有个过程
- It's a process. - It's a process.
-是的 -还不是每个人都同意
- Yes. - And not everyone agrees.
一点没错
Exactly.
谁不同意
Who doesn't agree?
乔·特纳在中情局局长那边搞什么鬼
What the hell is Joe Turner doing next to the DCI?
你没听说吗 局长周五带他去白宫了
Didn't you hear? On Friday, the DCI took him to the White House.
他向总统做了关于铝管的简报
He briefed the President on aluminum tubes.
你开玩笑吧
You've got to be kidding me.
那家伙整个一二缺啊
That guy's a tool.
准备 瞄准 开火
Ready! Aim! Fire!
死路一条 你现在有了伊♥拉♥克♥科学家的名单
It's a dead end. So, you got a list of Iraqi scientists.
你觉得我们怎么去接近他们
How do you suggest we get to them?
伊♥拉♥克♥情报局不分昼夜地监视着他们
The Mukhabarat watch the scientists night and day.
他们的房♥子被窃听 亲友也被跟踪
Their houses are bugged, their friends are followed.
从北边用的士载一队意大利特警部队过去
Send in a team of NOCS by taxi from the north.
就算你穿过了所有哨点和路障
Say you get through the checkpoints and roadblocks.
可你要是大半夜突然出现在我卧室
If you showed up in my bedroom in the dead of night
叫我去给美国做事
asking me to help out Uncle Sam,
我指不定会做出些什么事来
I'm going to react unpredictably.
就现在局势来看 一切都太危险了
Given the theater, it's all too high-risk.
即便我们能接触到他们 他们也不会独自来
Even if we get to them, they won't come out alone.
他们想把家人 孩子一道都带过来
They'll want to bring their family, their children, their kids.
我们会到巴士拉南部 请求约旦支援
We'll get down south to Basra, we'll ask for Jordan's help.
给我两个月时间 我一定能捉到两三个人
Give me two months. I'll give you two or three.
不 我这有二十九个名字 每个都得接触到
No, I have 29 names. I need to get to them all.
隔离墙太高了 瓦儿
The wall's too high, Val.
你想怎么办 飞鸽传书吗
What do you want to do, train a mouse?
可能吧
Maybe.
我吵醒你了吗
Hey. Did I wake you?
现在是凌晨三点四十五
3:45 in the morning.
我得在四十五分钟内赶到机场
I got to be at the airport in 45 minutes.
这次又得多长 明天要叫幼托来吗
How long this time? Do we need childcare tomorrow?
我在便利贴上写了
I left it on a Post-it.
当然 便利贴上写了
Of course. It's on the Post-it.
我并不想吵醒你
Look, I didn't want to wake you.
几个月来
All we've been doing is
我们只是给对方留条子
leaving Post-its for each other for months.
冰箱感觉都成了情报点了
The fridge is like a dead letter drop.
该死
Shit.
我的口气听着就像个老 天哪
I sound like some old... God.
我不知道你去了哪儿
I don't know where you go.
不知道你跟些什么人打交道
I don't know who you meet.
我不知道你是坐牢了呢
I don't know if you're in jail somewhere
还是掉进贝鲁特约旦的沟里去了
or in a ditch somewhere in Jordan, Beirut.
你要是失踪了
If you went missing,
出于保密我还谁都不能说
I couldn't tell anybody because you were never there.
我不知道你要去哪
I don't know where you go.
我准备去趟克利夫兰
I'm going to Cleveland.
便利贴上写了
It's on the Post-it.
一路顺风
Have a good day.
安曼[约旦首都]
你的行李里有两支这种笔
You have two of these in your luggage.
我们只让你用这支笔
This is the only pen we want you to use.
墨水只会显形十秒钟
The ink on this pen is visible for 10 seconds.
只有在合适化学物质的辅助下才能阅读
Only when given the correct chemical fixative can it be read.
要是伊♥拉♥克♥情报局发现了
If the Mukhabarat see any of this
他们会对我做出难以想象的事
they will do things to me that you cannot imagine.
告诉我你们要知道什么 我背下来
Tell me what you need to know. I will memorize it.
我们有五十个非常特定的问题
We have 50 very specific questions,
其中有些极度专业 你背得下吗
some extremely technical.
你身体里有两百零六块骨骼
You have 206 bones in your body.
你是想知道它们的英文名
Do you want their names in English,
拉丁名 还是阿♥拉♥伯名
Latin or Arabic?
你觉得怎么样
How do you feel?
要是有人截住了你 或是有人问你问题
If anyone stops you, anyone asks you anything,
保持冷静 就说你是来看你哥哥
stay calm. You're just visiting your brother.
越简单越好
Keep it simple.
你是怎么办到的
How do you do it?
当着别人的面撒谎
Lie to someone to their face?
你得明白你说谎的原因
You have to know why you're lying
并且绝不要忘记真♥相♥
and never forget the truth.
时间到了
It's time.
准备好了吗
Are you ready?
电影精选列表