I understand your personal reasons for...
做决定时必须客观、理性
These decisions have to be made objectively, rationally.
我很抱歉,我…
I'm sorry. I...
真的很抱歉
I really am.
西雅图
吉玛根 一级安检
酵素P146 50毫克
不准动
Hold it, pal.
克劳利先生,你在这里做什么? 我只是…
Mr. Crowley, what are you doin' in here? I was just...
你没被授权 不…,我可以解释
You're not authorized. No... I can explain everything.
怎么了,查克?有问题吗?
What's the matter, Chuck? Is there a problem?
是有问题 克劳利先生擅自闯进这里
Yeah, there's a problem. I got Mr. Crowley in here without clearance.
这是我的错
That's my fault, now.
我在实验室里忙不过来 叫泽西小子进来帮我拿几瓶酵素
I got busy in the lab, I sent Jersey boy here to get me a couple jugs of enzyme.
抱歉
Sorry.
谢了,查克
Thanks, Chuck.
谢谢你救我
Thanks for saving my ass.
你很宽宏大量
It's really big of you,
尤其在我们之间发生不愉快后
especially after what went down between us.
你是指你冷血无情的背叛吗?
You mean your ruthless, cold-hearted betrayal?
当我以你的立场想时…
Yeah, well, when I thought about it from your point of view...
该死,如果我的孩子快死了 我也会毫不犹豫地背叛你
Shit, if it was my kids dying, I wouldn't have hesitated to crush you like a bug.
记得我们初次相遇时
Do you remember when we first met,
你跟我说我该停止追求奇迹
and you told me that I should stop chasing miracles
回家去,趁孩子还在人世时
and should go home and enjoy my kids,
好好陪他们吗?
while they're still here?
记得 我做了一个错误的选择
Yeah. I made the wrong choice.
泽西小子,知道什么叫手足研究吗? 不知道
Jersey, you know what a sibling study is? No.
对遗传基因相同的两名病患 进行临床实验
It's a drug trial with just two patients with the same genetic inheritance.
罹患同疾病的亲手足
Siblings, with the same disease.
梅根和派屈克
Megs and Patrick.
吉玛根会批准这种实验吗?
Well, would Zymagen go for something like this?
这有重要的研究价值
There's real research value in it.
多两名病患,不会用掉太多酵素
And with just two patients, it wouldn't take much enzyme.
但必须得到韦伯的批准
But Webber would have to sign off on it.
等我们准备就绪后,再告诉他
Well, let's not tell him till we've got our ducks in a row.
我来拟方案 看看能不能找到愿意配合的医院
I could draw up a protocol and see if I can find a hospital willing to administer it.
巴伯 先别抱太高的期望
Bob. Well, don't get your hopes up, kid.
我们只能孤注一掷
It's a Hail Mary.
呱!
鸭子就位了
Ducks in a row.
"史东希尔、仔细审查、提案 手足实验146
"Stonehill, careful review, protocol, Sibling Trial,146,
"在此告知您,我们接受
"are pleased to inform you Megan Crowley and Patrick
"梅根及派屈克的实验!"
"have been accepted into the trial!"
我刚收到了 呱、呱、呱
I just got it. Quack, quack, quack.
你跟他谈了吗?
Have you talked to him yet?
没有,我负责研究、你负责推销
No. I did the science. You make the sale.
谢谢
Thank you.
祝好运 好的
Good luck. Right.
他能给我五分钟吗? 可以
Does he have about five? He does, yeah.
谢了 不客气,克劳利先生
Thanks. No problem, Mr. Crowley.
嘿,肯特?打扰一下
Hey, Kent? Knock-knock.
有空吗?
Got a minute?
肯特?
Kent?
你知不知道自己做了什么? 你说什么?
Do you have any idea what you've done? Excuse me?
我们今早接到波特兰萝丝医院的电♥话♥
We got a call this morning from Portland Rose Hospital,
要我们寄酵素过去 治疗你的孩子?
about sending them enzyme for your kids?
对,我知道 我就是来和你谈这件事的
Right. Yeah, I know. That's what I'm here to talk to you about.
你和史东希尔背着我做这件事 现在却跑来找我
You and Stonehill set this up behind my back. Now you come to me.
只是暂时的
It's all tentative.
你要公♥司♥赞助一项药物研究
You want this company to sponsor a drug study,
对象是公♥司♥内部高层主管的两名小孩?
for two children whose father is an executive of this company?
你没听过"利益冲突"吗?
Have you never heard the term "conflict of interest?"
这是两回事…
It has nothing to do with a...
知道药管局发现后会怎样吗?
Do you know what the FDA would do if they found out?
这项研究能提供有力的医学证明
There is strong scientific justification for this study.
也有很高的研究价值
There is great research value.
我是博士,约翰,我懂研究价值!
I'm a doctor, John. I know the research value!
但你们不能不跟我们商量 就私自进行!
But you guys just can't go off half-cocked without consulting us!
我相信如果找艾瑞克谈…
And I'm sure that if we just go and talk to Erich, we can...
艾瑞克已经知道了
Erich already knows.
他很生气被蒙在鼓里 我不是要隐瞒谁
He's furious about being blindsided. I didn't try to blindside anyone.
这就是为什么我们有报告制度
This is the reason why we have a reporting structure,
有既定程序及提案制度
why we have established procedure, why there is protocol.
你是个无情无义的机器
You heartless, bloodless machine.
你就是要跟我做对到底!不是吗?
You just have to fight me every step of the way! Don't you?
从我把庞贝氏症病患带到公♥司♥来后 你就开始恨我了!
You just hated it when I brought the kids with Pompe to the doorstep!
你让自己的孩子加入实验计划时 也没考虑到那些病童
You weren't thinking about those kids when you put your children into that program
而且还危及到 公♥司♥费时十年的研究投资!
and jeopardized a decade's worth of research investment made by this company!
重点不在于投资报酬!
This is not about a return on an investment!
重点在于孩子
It's about kids,
这些孩子有名字、有梦想
kids with names, dreams,
也有爱他们的家人
families that love them.
你危及到了你孩子的治疗机会
You've jeopardized your chances of ever getting your kids treated.
我不和你讨论医学问题!
I'm not arguing science with you!
在每个阶段,你都站在…
On every level! On every level, you've stood...
很抱歉我擅自寻找 手足实验的可行性
造成大家的困扰…
我刚在写道歉信 给资深管理部门
I was just drafting a letter of apology for senior management,
但我想似乎不必写了
but I guess we're past that point.
我刚和艾瑞克谈过了 我们要终止雇用你
I just spoke to Erich, and we are terminating your employment.
好吧,我会收拾我的东西
Okay, I'll pack up my stuff.
有一件事,约翰
Just one thing, John.
我也许是个难搞的经理人
I may well be a tight-ass pencil-pushing company man,
但我痛恨被称做无情的人
but I resent being called heartless.
听着… 让我说完
Look... Just let me finish.
我们终止雇用你的原因是
The reason we're terminating your employment,
避免利益冲突
is to eliminate the conflict of interest.
这是我们的同事 史东希尔博士提的方案
This strategy was brought to my attention by our colleague, Dr. Stonehill,
条款相当简陋
in rather crude terms.
这样手足实验就能纯粹因为
This will allow the sibling trial to proceed
医学价值而进行
for its purely scientific value.
今天下班前把办公室清干净
Have your desk cleared out by the end of the day.
肯特,这是…
Kent, what's with the...
我只想确定在我告诉你前 你不会把我打昏
I wanted to make sure you didn't punch me out before I could tell you.
这个嘛
Well,
谢谢你开除我 我的荣幸
thank you very much for firing me. My pleasure.
我从不喜欢你 我也一样
I never liked you. Likewise.
嘿,想带什么就带…
Hey, you guys, bring anything you want extra...
妈! 怎样?
Mom! Mom! What?
我可以带弓箭吗? 可以
Can I bring the bow and arrow? Yes, yes.
嘿!
Hey!
约翰,怎么…
John, what...
怎么了?
What?
我们的酵素准备做临床实验了
We have a usable enzyme that's ready for clinical trials.
什么时候?什么时候会有?
When? When will it be ready?
梅根和派屈克这个月底前 开始注射
Megs and Patrick start their infusions before the end of this month.
我的天 是啊
Oh, my God. Yeah.
我的天
Oh, my God.
约翰
John.
嘿,约翰,爸回来了
Hey, John, Daddy's here.
嗨,各位 嘿,爸
Oh, hi, guys. Hey, Dad.
妈妈为什么难过?
Why is Mommy sad?
不是难过,宝贝,是喜极而泣
Not sad, baby, so happy.
真的很开心
So happy.
妈妈为什么这么奇怪?
Why is Mommy being so weird?
这是因为我们有特效药
Well, it's because we got the special medicine
可以治疗梅根和派屈克 你们很快就能接受治疗了
for you, Megs, and for you, Patrick, and you're gonna get it really soon.
太好了!
That's great!
波特兰萝丝医院
谁要按按钮?
So, who wants to push the button?
梅根、派屈克,准备好没?
Megs, Patrick, you ready?
什么时候会知道有没有效?
When will we know if it's working?
要一阵子,亲爱的
Lt'll be a while, honey.
电影精选列表