I'd need half a million bucks just to fund the lab work.
所以你需要我 我需要你?为什么?
That's why you need me. I need you? Why?
因为我是儿童庞贝氏症基金会的创办人
Because I'm the founder of the Pompe Foundation for Children.
我研究这个病十年了
I've been working on this disease for 10 years.
从没听说过这个基金会
I have never heard of you guys.
那是因为我们相当新,还在筹备阶段
That's because we're relatively new. We're just in the gearing-up phase.
你何时需要钱? 现在有最好
How soon do you need a grant? Now would be good.
钱还没全募完,不过很快就会有了
Well, not all the money's in place, but it will be, and soon.
真是令人兴奋的时刻
This is a very exciting time.
谢了 谢了,先生,祝愉快
Thanks. Thank you, sir. Have a good day.
机场快捷服务
嘿
Hey.
妳还好吗?
You okay?
有收到我的留言吗? 你的留言?
Did you get my messages? Your messages?
你开会开到一半突然跑掉
You suddenly walk out of the meeting
而且没跟我说 就直飞内布拉斯加州
and fly to Nebraska without talking to me about it,
你想留言有用吗?
and you think messages make it okay?
抱歉 我的天,约翰
I'm sorry. My God, John.
我跟你一样想寻找奇迹,好吗?
I wanna find a miracle as much as you do, okay?
但你怎么能拿工作开玩笑?
But how could you put yourjob in jeopardy?
艾琳 如果
Aileen. How exactly
保险没了 每个月四万元的医疗费要怎么付?
do we pay $40,000 a month in healthcare if you lose your insurance?
我不会失去工作的
Honey, come on. Look, I'm not gonna lose my job.
真的吗?
Oh, really?
皮特昨晚打了两次电♥话♥来 问你的状况
Pete called here twice last night to ask if you were okay.
精神状况
You know, mentally.
我会… 我会回电,也会摆平这件事的
I'll just... I'll call, and I'll smooth that one over.
最好如此
Yeah, no shit.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我突然领悟到
Something in me just kind of snapped.
那晚在医院里 当我们以为快失去她时
That night at the hospital, when we thought that we were losing her,
我祈祷如果她时候到了
I prayed that if it was her time,
就赶快走,不要忍♥受那么多苦
she'd go quickly, without so much suffering.
但隔天早上,她撑过来了
But morning came, and she pulled through.
她的眼神
Her eyes,
如此坚决、勇敢
so determined, so defiant.
充满奋斗力
The fight in her.
这位叫史东希尔的家伙 值得吗?
Was he worth it? This Stonehill guy?
他很古怪 但他的理论比其他人先进
He's really eccentric, but his science is way ahead of everybody else's.
绝对值得我们投资 只要我们有钱的话
He's definitely the one to put our money on. Lf we had any.
我答应他,我们会募款
I promised him that we'd raise some,
因为下个月他会来这里开会
because he's got this conference up here next month,
我说过我会准备支票给他
and I said I'd have a check ready for him.
多少? 五十
How much? Five hundred.
就这样? 万
That's all? Thousand.
是五十还是一万?
Is it $500 or $1,000?
是五十万
$500,000.
下个月
By next month.
亲爱的,你疯了吗? 显然是的
Sweetheart, are you totally insane? Apparently.
我们会在本月23日 于学校举办第一次募款活动
We're holding our first fundraiser on the 23rd at the school,
希望你和法兰克能参加
and we would love if you and Frank could join us.
准备好拼字测验了吗? 好了
Ready for your spelling test? I'm gonna nail it.
祝好运
Okay. Good luck.
我是奥勒岗州的约翰克劳利
My name's John Crowley. I'm calling from Oregon,
我从亚特兰大区 家有庞贝氏症儿协会得知您的
and I got your name from the Atlanta-area Pompe parents' group.
是的
Yeah.
很抱歉在同学会时没见到你
And I was so sorry not to see you at the reunion
因为你是我高中时期最要好的朋友
because you were one of my most favorite people in high school.
总之,约翰和我在筹备这个基金会
Anyway, John and I are starting this foundation.
嘿,爸?爸 不,你懂我的意思
Hey, Dad? Dad. No, you know what I mean.
只是想改变情况
Just make it right.
爸? 你没看到我在讲电♥话♥吗?
Dad? Can't you see I'm on the phone?
好,告诉我他怎么说的 爸!
Okay, well, tell me what he told you. Dad!
不,我再回你电♥话♥ 我不说了,好,拜
No, I'm gonna have to call you back. I can't talk. All right, bye.
什么事? 我把滑板卖♥♥了
Yeah, what is it? I sold my RipStik.
好的
Okay.
这些够不够 梅根和派屈克的基金会使用?
Is it enough to give to Megan and Patrick's foundation?
够,比什么都还够
Yeah, it's more than enough.
你是约翰吗? 是的
Are you John? Yes.
马可斯坦伯,我们通过电♥话♥ 对,幸会
Marcus Temple. We spoke on the phone. Right. Absolutely. Good to see you.
大老远从亚特兰大来 是的
All the way in from Atlanta. Yes.
这是我从亲朋好友及教会那里 募来要给基金会的
Well, this is for your foundation, from my relatives, friends and church group.
我的天
My goodness.
谢谢你
Thank you very much.
谢了
Thanks.
嗨,史东希尔博士,我是梅根 嗨,梅根,我是史东希尔博士
Hi, Dr. Stonehill. I'm Megan. Hi, Megan. I'm Dr. Stonehill.
是啊,所以我才说 "嗨,史东希尔博士"
Yeah, that's why I said, "Hi, Dr. Stonehill."
你到底要不要进来? 要,谢谢
Are you coming in or not? Yeah, thanks.
妈妈和爸爸呢?
Where's Mom and Dad?
他们马上下来
They'll be down in a minute.
派屈克的呼吸警报器坏掉了 他们在修理
Patrick's vent alarm is going off, so they need to fix it.
他的警报器比我的更常坏掉
His alarm goes off even more than mine.
你呢?你结婚了吗?
So, what's your deal? You married?
你有老婆吗?
Do you have a wife?
有两位前妻
Ex-wives. Two of 'em.
是吗?怎么会? 因为我太随和了
Yeah? How come? 'Cause I'm so easy to get along with.
还有其他问题吗? 没有,换你问我了
Any other questions? No. Your turn to ask one.
你大概在猜我几年级
You're probably wondering what grade I'm in.
妳几年级? 我三年级
What grade are you in? I'm in third.
我的兴趣是打电动和看企鹅,你呢?
My hobbies are video games and penguins. How about you?
我已经毕业了 不,我是说兴趣
I already graduated. No, I mean hobbies.
我大部分都在工作
Mostly I just work.
久久会去钓一下鲈鱼,但是…
Little bass fishing every once in a while, but...
妳最喜欢什么科目?
What's your favorite subject?
我喜欢阅读,但我最喜欢体育课 尤其是短跑
I'm good at reading, but I like P.E. Best, especially the sprint races.
短跑?
Sprint races?
想见识一下吗? 当然
Wanna see? Sure.
来吧
Come on.
他来了吗? 我不知道
Is he here yet? I don't know.
我快赢了!
I'm gonna win!
快点,慢郎中
Come on, slowpoke.
好耶,我赢了!
Yeah, I won!
我赢了
I won.
好耶
Oh, yeah.
我就说我会打败你
Told you I'm gonna beat you.
嗨
Hi.
史东希尔博士有两位前妻
Dr. Stonehill has two ex-wives.
我想梅根已经自我介绍了 是的
I see that Megan's introduced herself. Yeah.
你好吗,史东希尔博士? 很好,谢谢
How are you, Dr. Stonehill? I'm okay, thank you.
这是我太太,艾琳 幸会
This is Aileen, my wife. So nice to meet you.
还有小约翰 哈囉
And John Jr. Hello.
他是派屈克 嗨
Here's Patrick. Hi.
嘿,派屈克 我想我们该回屋里了
Hey, Patrick. I think we should probably go inside.
是啊,进来吧
Yeah, come on inside.
梅根,屋里头见,快点
Megan, we'll see you inside. Come on.
晚安,派屈克 晚安
Night, Patrick. Good night.
晚安,海绵宝宝
Night, SpongeBob.
你得跟史东希尔博士道晚安 亲一下海绵宝宝
You gotta say good night to Dr. Stonehill. Kiss SpongeBob.
晚安 晚安,小家伙
Good night. Good night, son.
晚安,派屈克
Good night, Patrick.
我不想再说一次,该睡觉了
I'm not gonna say it again. It is bedtime now.
这是要送他的
It's for him.
我吗? 祝你钓到鱼
Me? For good luck. For bass fishing.
谢谢
Thank you.
喜欢吗?
You like it?
当然,一个小福星 很有个性,对吧?
Well, sure. A happy-go-lucky little fellow, lots of personality, huh?
他是个塑胶玩具 我知道
He's a plastic toy. I know.
这是父女之舞
Here's the father-daughter dance.
等你看过梅根跳轮椅舞后 你才能完全体会
You haven't lived until you've seen Megan do the Wheelchair Watusi.
给你
Here you go.
趁水果派热的时候吃吧 好香,亲爱的
Go ahead and eat the cobbler while it's hot. Smells great, honey.
电影精选列表