真是好笑
This was hilarious.
巴伯,我们去了这家观光农场 我可以叫你巴伯吗?
Bob, we went to this dude ranch. All right if I call you Bob?
给我五十万元支票 就算叫我佩姬也行
You got a check for a half-million dollars, hell, you can call me Peggy Sue.
我只是…
I'll just...
巴伯
Well, Bob.
这是五十万元的头期款
This is the first installment against the promised half a million.
91250元 约翰克劳利
老实说这比我预期的还多
Tell you the truth, that's more than I expected.
史东希尔博士,我们保证…
Dr. Stonehill, we promise that...
我懂 如果…时间够的话…
Yeah, I know. Lf... In enough time, then...
我懂、我懂
I know. I know.
从现代的网络中 你可以获知一个人的背景
You can learn a lot about a person on the Internet these days.
一个从新泽西州来的工人小孩
Learn about a working-class kid from New Jersey,
靠打工唸完哈佛商学院
worked his way through Harvard Business School,
在必治妥药厂,努力往上爬
clawing his way up the ladder at Bristol-Myers.
但网络不会告诉你
But what Google can't tell you
这个害怕、绝望、又爱吹牛的混♥蛋♥…
is that this scared, desperate, bullshitting son of a bitch...
请等一下… 别打岔
Wait just a minute... Don't interrupt.
会不计一切代价,取得成果
Will do and say whatever it takes to get results.
所以你和我要一起开公♥司♥,泽西小子
Which is why you and me are going into business together, Jersey.
你说什么?
Excuse me?
我受够了跟大学讨经费
I'm tired of begging breadcrumbs from the university
以及把我的智慧财产让给他们
and giving them the patents to my ideas.
他们不重视我的研究,但你重视
They don't value my work. You do,
所以我要成立自己的公♥司♥
which is why I'm setting up my own shop.
我需要一位
Figure any dude in a business suit
帮我筹措资金及经营公♥司♥的经理人
can help me raise venture capital and run the company,
但谁会比想救自己孩子的父亲 更积极呢?
but who's gonna be half as motivated as a dad who's trying to save his own kids?
所以这是…
So, this is...
这是你遇过最差的工作
So this is the shittiest offer you're ever gonna get.
我可以跟你保证 钱少、工作时间长、环境差
I can promise you less money, longer hours, lousy working conditions,
另外,等钱筹到后 你就得到内布拉斯加上班
plus, if we raise the money, you're gonna have to relocate to Nebraska.
在适当的经营计划下
And with the right business plan,
我也可以跟你保证 会有治疗庞贝氏症的有效酵素
I can also promise you a working enzyme for Pompe disease.
你知道的,我不能治愈你的孩子 他们必须坐轮椅
I can't cure your kids, you know that. They're always gonna be in wheelchairs,
但我想我能救他们的命
but I think I can save their lives.
水果派很好吃
Outstanding cobbler.
好、好,我们同意不让孩子搬家
Okay, okay. So, we agree we can't uproot the kids.
要是史东希尔失败了呢?
What if Stonehill fails?
或是他成功得太晚 来不及救梅根和派屈克呢?
Or what if he succeeds too late to help Megs and Patrick?
然后呢? 我知道
Then what? I know.
如果很快就会失去他们 你会希望每分每秒陪在他们身旁
If we're gonna lose them young, you want to spend every minute you can with them.
约翰,你飞到内布拉斯加州的那天
John, that day that you flew to Nebraska,
当你突然抛下工作…
when you suddenly just ditched work and...
我的天,我以为你发疯了 你吓到我了
My God, I thought you'd lost it. You scared me.
但是当我们卷起袖子
But once we rolled our sleeves up,
开始募款及见到其他庞贝氏症家庭时
and we started fundraising and meeting other Pompe families,
让我觉得…
it made me feel like...
我们该接受命运
I mean, do we just accept our fate
并照那些好心医生所说的
and do what we're told by all the well-meaning doctors
等待那天的到来 还是我们该向命运挑战?
and wait for the worst to happen, or do we fight it?
我想你做错决定了,真的
I think you're making a mistake. I really do.
就算你的信用像总裁一样好 而你并没有
Even if you were credible as a CEO, which you are not,
你的成功机率还是很渺茫 九♥成♥的生技公♥司♥都倒了
the odds against you are crushing. Nine out of 10 biotechs crash and burn.
当你破产、没工作、没医疗保险时
So where does that leave your kids when their dad is flat broke
你的孩子怎么办?
with no job and no health insurance?
若留在必治妥
Now, if you stay at Bristol,
高层主管准备在第三季升你当副总
the guys upstairs are ready to put you in the VP slot at the end of the third quarter
另外再加四成薪
with a 40% salary bump.
约翰
John.
你家人需要那笔钱,不是吗?
Your family's gonna need that money, aren't they?
皮特,你说得对,这很疯狂
Pete, you're right. This is crazy.
我在做不可能的任务
I'm chasing the wind.
但我不能
But I can't just
眼睁睁地看着我的孩子迈向死亡
sit around and wait for my kids to die.
我做不到
I can't do it.
内布拉斯加州
你已经到达目的地
You have arrived at your destination.
请进,门没锁
Come on in. It's open.
嘿,巴伯 嘿,约翰
Hey, there, Bob. Hey, John.
你好吗?
How are you?
这里不难找吧? 不难
You have trouble finding me? No problem.
坐吧 谢了
Sit down. Thanks.
前妻,她爱猫
Ex-wife. She loved cats.
所以我们…
Well, say, what do we...
我们要做什么? 我们为下周和瑞兹勒开会
What are we gonna do? How about we work up a strategy
拟一套策略,如何?
for the meeting at Renzler next week?
我们不必给这些家伙看什么
We don't need to show those guys anything.
开会只是个拘泥形式
The meeting's a formality.
乔治瑞兹勒和我 在医学院时就认识了
George Renzler and I have known each other since med school.
他跟我说了好几年 如果我采取大动作
He's been telling me for years that he'd give me the seed money
成立自己的公♥司♥ 他就会提供我资金
if I ever decide to make the big move and set up my own shop.
很好、很好,但还是一样
Well, that's good. That's good, but, still, all the same, you know,
要推销,就必须有具体东西
if we're gonna go in to pitch 'em, we should have something tangible.
那些家伙了解我,他们是真正的医学家
Those guys understand me. They're real scientists.
不像那些搞生技的大金主
They're not like a lot of these big biotech moneymen.
好吧,那么我们就讨论一下重点
Okay. All right, tell you what, how about if we just talk it through,
然后建立基本经营计划吧?
and then that way we can just sketch up something rough on paper?
你告诉我医学研究 我来拟定经营计划
You give it to me, I'll make up a business plan.
我们必须拟一套真实策略 那些家伙是创投家
We need to rough out a real strategy. These guys are venture capitalists.
那些够你拟了吗?
That rough enough for you?
巴伯?瑞兹勒是关键 没有他们,我们就得不到
Bob? Look, Renzler's crucial to us. Without them onboard, we got zero credibility
其他金主的信任 所以才需要你啊!
with any of our investors. That's why you're here, Jersey!
明天前准备好那个屁计划
Whip up some business bullshit by tomorrow.
我要去钓鱼 这…这些毫无意义!
I'm going fishing. This is... This is gibberish!
那么你最好赶快工作
Then you better get busy.
回头见
See you.
芝加哥
瑞兹勒 创业投资公♥司♥
如你所知,罕见疾病药物的 潜在市场是很大的
As you know, the market potential for an orphan drug is enormous.
如果你还在商学院,我会给你优等
If you were still in business school, I'd give you an A
因为这些图表做得很棒…
for all these lovely charts and graphs and...
但你已经毕业了
But school is out.
在座多数人都是医学家 我们必须看到医学理论
Most of us here are scientists. We need to see the science.
巴伯,说服我们吧
Bob, make us believe.
乐意至极,乔治
Love to, George.
…磷酸转移及第二催化…
...the phosphotransferase and the second uncovering enzyme...
此刻的挑战是扩大生产线
At this point, the challenge is to scale up this process
制♥造♥更多的HPGAA
to produce kilogram quantities of HPGAA.
然而问题是合不合乎成本效益
And the question is whether or not it's cost-effective
是该委外生产 还是该建立自己的生产线
to contract this work out or to build our own manufacturing facility.
不管怎样,我们最终还是需要 大约一千万的资金
Either way, we're gonna eventually need an investment on the order of $10 million.
在这么短的时间内 说了这么多
It's a lot of information in a short period of time.
有没有人有问题?
Does anybody have any questions?
太了不起了 谢了,乔治
This is astonishing. Well, thank you, George.
这家伙在这行里领先群雄
This man is light years ahead of the field.
好
Okay.
不如让你的财务人员和约翰一起讨论
Well, why don't you have your money guys get together with John
合作细节… 听来不错
and work out the business... Sounds great.
当然,我们需要你说明一下 实际的东西
Of course, we'll need you to explain some of the mundane stuff, Bob,
也就是基本细节
the nuts and bolts.
基本细节?什么… 是的
Nuts and bolts? What... Yeah.
你是个优秀的学者
You're a brilliant theoretician,
但你没有新药上市的经验,对吧?
but you've never actually brought a new drug to market before, right?
对,我没有新药上市的经验
No, I've never brought a drug to market. I haven't.
我意思是,举例来说 你要如何取得磷酸转移?
I mean, for example, how are you getting the phosphotransferase?
我会从乳牛的乳腺里纯化出来
I'm purifying it out of a lactating bovine udder.
你要从哪里取得乳腺?
I see. And where are you getting the udders?
牧场啊
From the stockyards.
简单得很 不见得
Pretty straightforward stuff. Not really.
你不能把乳牛蛋白注入人体 我知道
You can't inject cow protein into people. I know that.
乳牛酵素是实验用的 做为观念的证明
The bovine version of the enzyme is for lab work, for proof of concept.
电影精选列表