这家伙真难搞
This guy's impossible.
我喜欢那首歌♥
I like that song.
嘿
Hey.
怎么了,约翰?
What's up, John?
家里一切还好吗? 还好
Everything all right at home? Yeah.
你有没有听说艾瑞克罗林
Have you heard that Erich Loring
同意成立一个领导小组?
has agreed to put together a leadership team?
有,我听说了,真是狗屁不通
Yeah, I heard some rumor about it. What bullshit.
现在我每周得拨几小时 跟吉玛根的人闲扯
Now I'm gonna have to spend a couple of hours a week jawin' with Zymagen guys?
不
No.
不,你不用 因为我不会把你放进小组里
No. No, you won't, 'cause I'm not putting you on the team.
你刚说什么?
What'd you say?
我是很想
I really wanted to.
你不会把我放进小组里? 你刚是那么说的吗?
You're not putting me on the team? Is that what you said?
你是什么?学校田径教练吗?
What are you, some varsity track coach?
他们不是因为你的风度翩翩 而买♥♥我们公♥司♥的,泽西小子
They didn't buy our company 'cause they like your lvy League charm, Jersey.
他们是因为我而买♥♥的
It's me they wanted.
你不能驱逐我 这违反了自然法则
You can't bench me. It's against the laws of nature.
你还是可以证明你的理论是对的
You're still gonna be able to prove that your theory is right.
但其他医学家会评估我的结果,对吧? 不是我
Yeah, but other scientists are gonna evaluate my results, right? Not me.
这里每个人都尊重你的研究
Everyone here reveres your science.
问题出在与人的互动上
This is about interpersonal issues.
谁叫你这么做的? 我自己决定的
Who put you up to this? The decision was mine.
这是为了整体考量
It's for the overall good of the program.
"整体考量"
"For the overall good of the program."
约翰,你很会说企业用语
Wow, John, you really got the corporate lingo down good.
接下来呢? "可接受的损失"吗?
What's next, "Acceptable loss?"
不
No.
真的有人会吗?
Does anybody really know how to do this?
除了我们
Except for us.
等等,换谁了? 还是约翰
But wait, who's going? It's John's turn still.
Wii运动游戏
丢得好
Nice one.
好,我来接
Okay. I'll get it.
丢得好,梅根
Nice one, Megs.
喂?马可斯,嗨
Hello? Marcus, hi.
哦,我的天
Oh, my God.
老天,差点全倒
Man. I almost got 'em down.
你们坐好,好吗? 约翰,抱一下牠
You guys sit tight, okay? Here, John, grab him.
如果需要帮忙,任何事都行 打给我们,好吗?
If there is anything we can do, anything at all, will you call?
好,我们很爱你们
Okay. We love you guys so much.
好,拜拜
Okay, bye-bye.
艾琳
Aileen.
是马可斯坦伯
That was Marcus Temple.
萝兰…
Lauren...
她…
She...
他说她在睡梦中过世 走得很安详
He said she went in her sleep, that it was peaceful.
她几岁?
How old is she?
萝兰几岁?
How old was Lauren?
萝兰九岁
Lauren was nine years old.
过来
Come here.
那样我们就能确定 我们开♥发♥正确的酵素
That way, we can be certain that we're developing the correct one.
别管确不确定了 让我们找出成功机会较大的酵素
Forget certainty, and let's try and figure out which enzyme has the better odds.
如果我们只开♥发♥一种酵素
If we develop only one enzyme,
要是选错了,会怎样?
what would happen if we guessed the wrong one?
克劳利先生 我请肯特制定了一套实验方案
Mr. Crowley, I've asked Kent to set up a testing protocol
帮我们选出对的来
to help us guess right.
我们会做全面性实验
We'll do an exhaustive range of tests.
我称它为"实验之母"
I'm calling it "The Mother ofAll Experiments."
四种酵素会用颜色编码 黄、蓝、绿和红
The four enzymes will be color-coded, yellow, blue, green and magenta,
研究员只能看到颜色代码
and known only by those color codes
因此没人知道自己测试的是哪一种
so no researcher will know which one he's testing.
等选出优胜者后,再公布秘密身分
Only after we pick a winner, the secret identity will be revealed.
来吧,梅根!
Come on, Megan!
但我想要!
But I want to!
手腕动一动 动不了
Just roll your wrist. I can't.
没关系,试试另一个
It's okay. It's all right. Let's try another one.
好了,再试一次,预备好没?
Okay. Let's try again. Ready?
预备?
Ready?
一、二、三,开始!
One, two, three, go!
大赢家! 好耶!
Big winner! Yay!
妳看看,妳得到一只企鹅
Here you go, look at that. You got a penguin.
嘿,巴伯、巴伯
Hey, Bob. Bob.
你好吗?
How you doin'?
我带了肋排给你
I brought you some ribs.
没有角落餐厅那么美味
Not as good as the ones from The Corner Saloon,
但如果你饿了的话…
but if you're hungry...
你想做什么?
What do you want?
"实验之母"的
The results.
实验报告
"Mother ofAll Experiments."
这个嘛
Well,
他们选了哪一种酵素?
which enzyme did they choose?
领导小组花了一整个下午辩论
The leadership team spent the whole afternoon arguing.
黄色和绿色酵素 遥遥领先其他两种
Two enzymes, coded yellow and green, are ahead of the others,
却不分上下
but it's too close to call.
明天我们会花一整天的时间辩论 再决定优胜者
Tomorrow, we spend the day hashing it out to decide which one to choose.
巴伯,请你读读这个
Bob. I'm asking you to read this.
我把你的意见 看得比世上任何人都重要
I value your opinion more than anyone else in the world.
也许你该早点重视我的意见
Well, maybe you should have valued my opinion a little sooner,
而不是替高层扮演刽子手
instead of playing hatchet man for the bean counters.
滚出我的实验室 知道这件事对你有利,巴伯
Get the hell out of my lab. It's in your interest to know about this, Bob.
出去
Get out.
难道你不觉得… 出去
Wouldn't it benefit you... Get out.
绿色酵素最佳 给他们看我的分♥析♥,他们会懂的
The green enzyme's the best. Show 'em my analysis, they'll understand.
嘿,等等,巴伯
Hey, wait up, Bob.
绿色酵素是你的吗?
Is the green enzyme yours?
我认得报告里的模式 我从一哩远就能认出我的宝贝
I recognize patterns in the results. I'd know my baby a mile away.
所以绿色是你的囉? 不是
So the green one is yours? No.
不是
No, it's not.
我的理论仍是最棒的 但它还没准备好生产
My theory is still the best, but it's not ready for manufacture.
他们的平凡粗糙,但准备好了
Theirs is crude and uninspired, but it's ready.
巴伯,我不知道该怎么谢你
Bob, I don't even know the words to say thank you.
别谢了
Don't bother.
我不是为你做的
I didn't do it for you.
太好了!
Yes, it is!
老天,你有没有看到风筝? 有
Oh, my gosh. Do you see the kite up there? Yeah.
好酷哦!
That's so cool!
安妮,小心!
Annie, careful!
盖一座堡垒 在那里,好
Building a bastion. Right there. Yeah.
发射! 好!
Three! Okay!
爸,像…预备?
Dad, like... Ready?
爸,你保证不再讲电♥话♥的 我知道、我知道,但是…
Dad, you promised no more phone calls. I know. I know I did, but...
里头有什么?
What's in there?
等我回来时 我们轮流把电♥话♥埋起来
We can take turns burying the phone when I get back.
好!我来挖洞
Okay! I'll start digging a hole.
等一下吧 我是约翰克劳利
You hold that for a sec. John Crowley.
约翰,我是肯特韦伯
John, it's Kent Weber.
肯特,你有没有看到 我提的临床实验方案?
Kent, hey. Did you get my suggested protocol for the clinical trials?
有
Yeah.
你把我们要实验的对象
You made some pretty optimistic assumptions
估得太乐观了
about where our enzyme supply will be.
我懂
I see.
你要比较实际点的…
Well, what do you think that a more realistic...
约翰,我实话实说吧 我们只做婴儿的临床实验
John, I'll give it to you straight. The clinical trial will be for infants only.
婴儿需要的酵素比较少
Infants need so much less enzyme,
如你所知,最初的供应量有限
and, as you know, our initial supply will be so limited.
况且用在婴儿身上
And the drug has much higher odds of being effective
成功机率比大一点的儿童还高
with infants than with older children.
这件事我们必须和艾瑞克讨论 我们必须和艾瑞克讨论
We have to consult Erich on this. We have to consult Erich.
我已经问过了,他确认只做婴儿实验
I already did. He confirmed the decision. Infants only.
我了解你有私人考量…
电影精选列表