波特兰
真的很美
Well, it sure is beautiful.
真的很大
It sure is big.
孩子们会爱死的
The kids love it.
把握每一天
Seize the day.
好的
Okay.
我得讲完这通电♥话♥
I'm stuck on this call.
约翰,我们很高兴你能加入团队
Just wanted to let you know how thrilled we are to have you onboard, John.
我的荣幸
It's an honor.
记得肯特韦伯博士吧 当然
You remember Dr. Kent Webber. Of course.
真高兴又见面 我也是
It's good to see you again. Good to see you, too.
你们俩好好配合吧
I'll let the two of you get into it.
我期待美好的结果 是的,先生
I'm expecting great things. Yes, sir.
我有几个好点子 能帮助这四个核心酵素小组
I've got some pretty good ideas about how to help the flow of information
彼此之间的讯息交流
between the four core enzyme groups.
约翰,慢慢来 那不是我们的既定程序
Whoa, John, slow down. That's not our established procedure.
你说什么?
Pardon me?
这四个核心酵素小组 基本上彼此互相竞争
The four core teams are essentially in competition with each other.
这是企业经营模式,很有效率
It's an entrepreneurial model. It works.
我完全赞成竞争 但一定要有一些管道
I'm all for competition, but surely there must be some channel
分享医学资源 进而帮助这四种酵素的开♥发♥
for allowing sharing scientific insights that can help develop all four enzymes.
约翰,为了节省我们的时间 请恕我直言
John, in the interest of saving us time, let me be blunt.
这里多数医学家都不认同
Most of the scientists here don't like the idea
让一位非医学家担任 庞贝氏症计划案的资深副总
of having a non-scientist as senior VP of the Pompe program.
尤其是他的小孩
Especially one whose objectivity
还罹患此病 因此可能会缺乏客观性
might be clouded by having children with the disease.
为了你好,我必须告诉你
I'm telling you this in your own best interests.
艾瑞克想买♥♥史东希尔的点子
Erich wanted to buy Stonehill's ideas,
但没连你也买♥♥下来的话 他就买♥♥不到
and he couldn't do that without also swallowing you as part of the pill.
约翰,我建议你最好保持低调点
My advice to you, John, is to keep your head down.
谢谢你的忠告 不客气
Thank you for that wisdom. You're very welcome.
你实验室里所有的手册 必须交给审查委员会!
All of your lab notebooks must be submitted to the review committee!
你实验室里所有的手册 必须交给审查委员会!
这是我的实验室!滚出去!
This is my lab now! Get out!
我只是在说明程序!
I'm just trying to explain the protocol!
你在浪费我的时间 史东希尔博士…
You're wasting my time. Dr. Stonehill...
算了
Fine.
你要做什么?
What do you want?
我只是过来说 我想我们可能失去了一个
I just dropped by to say that I think that we might be missing an opportunity
能和其他三个核心小组沟通的机会
to open a dialogue with the other three core teams.
其他核心小组?核心小组
The other core teams? Core teams.
核心个屁
Core bullshit.
我下次再来
I'll come back another time.
肌肉逐渐无力是很棘手
The decline in muscle strength is very troubling, of course,
但这两个孩子
but it's really, in both kids,
器官扩大的情况 肝脏、尤其是心脏
the organ enlargement, the liver, and especially the heart,
才是真正威胁着他们的生命
that's the real threat to their lives.
我们会继续监视 心脏扩大的速度
We'll continue to monitor the rate of cardiac enlargement.
也会继续观察其他器官… 多久?
We'll keep tabs on their other organs... How long?
我不想预测 求求妳
I don't like to predict. Please.
卫德曼医生,我们不会怪妳的 我们只是必须知道一些事
Dr. Waldman, we won't hold you to it. We just need to know something.
约翰
John.
我们还有多久的时间?多久?
How much more time do we have? How long?
这个嘛
Well,
如果又发生呼吸困难,一切就甭谈了
if there's another respiratory crisis, all bets are off,
不然的话
but otherwise,
梅根也许一年
Megan, maybe a year.
派屈克,少于一年
Patrick, less.
谢谢妳
Thank you.
马可斯
Marcus.
电♥话♥ 怎样?
Get the phone. What?
电♥话♥ 是谁?
The phone. Who is it?
喂? 嗨,你是马可斯吗?
Hello? Hi. Is that Marcus?
是的,几点了? 抱歉,很晚了
Yeah, yeah. What time is it? Yeah, I'm sorry. It's late.
我是约翰克劳利 约翰,怎么了?
It's John Crowley. John, what you doin'?
你还好吗?
You okay?
听好,我想请你帮个忙
Hey, look, I gotta ask you a favor.
早安,盖文 早安
Morning, Gavin. Morning, sir.
十一点的会议确认了吗?
Is my 11:00 with Henessey confirmed?
确认了 还有在楼下餐厅有个早餐会
Yes, and there's the breakfast meeting down in the cafeteria.
早餐会?
Breakfast meeting?
电邮是周末传进来的
There was an e-mail that came in over the weekend.
庞贝氏症小组都被邀请了
Everyone on the Pompe project was invited.
谁召开的会? 我想是克劳利先生
Who called the meeting? Mr. Crowley, I believe, sir.
什么?
What?
常常有人问我 我们怎么会生两个有庞贝氏症小孩
Something that people ask me all the time is how we have two kids with Pompe.
在我们知道梅根罹患庞贝氏症时
By the time we realized that Megan had Pompe,
我已经怀了派屈克了
I was already pregnant with Patrick.
我数不清我们看过多少位医生了
I mean, I can't tell you how many doctors we saw,
结果都一样
and the message was always the same,
庞贝氏症没有药医
that there is no drug to treat Pompe.
但感谢各位,这一切将会有所不同
But thanks to you, all of you, that message is changing.
你们带给我们以及许多家庭希望
What you've given us, and a lot of other families, is hope.
谢谢各位
So, thank you.
做得好,艾琳
Good job, Aileen.
现在让我们掌声欢迎坦伯一家人
Now I'd like to welcome the Temple family,
他们大老远从乔治亚州过来 参与我们今天的盛会
who've come all the way from Georgia to be with us here today.
谢了,约翰
Thanks, John.
嗨
Hi.
我是马可斯
I'm Marcus.
她是我太太,温蒂
This is my wife, Wendy.
我们的长女,萝兰
Our daughter Lauren, our oldest daughter,
今天本来想过来 亲自跟大家问好
Lauren wanted to come today and say hi to all you guys.
她很虚弱
She's a little weak,
但她要我们带她的照片给大家看
but she wanted us to show you guys her picture
并传达她对各位的爱
and to send you her love.
这是我们的女儿,梅根
And this is our daughter, Megan.
所有漂亮女孩都叫梅根
The most beautiful girls are named Megan.
梅根只有四个月大 你们还看不出来
Megan is four months old, and you can't see it yet,
但她也罹患庞贝氏症
but she has Pompe, too.
我…
I...
我无法形容 这对我们来说意义有多重大
I can't tell you what it means to us
能有各位为我们的孩子开♥发♥新药
to have all of you working on a medicine for our children.
谢谢各位
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks so much.
嘿,肯特 约翰
Hey, Kent. John.
你觉得这个活动如何?
So what did you think of the event?
约翰,在做医学研究时 客观是关键
In medical research, John, objectivity is key.
如果研究员太情绪化
If researchers get all emotional,
急着想帮助受苦的病患 他们就会找捷径
all desperate to help suffering patients, they'll cut corners.
这会产生不良后果
It's counterproductive.
不良后果就是 这四个核心小组的医学家
Counterproductive is having four core teams of scientists
全为同个疾病努力,却不互相沟通
working together on the same disease, but not talking to each other.
那些家伙多半没看过庞贝氏症病童
Most of these guys have never even seen a kid with Pompe before.
我不觉得那有什么关联
I don't see how that's relevant.
你刚看到艾瑞克了吗? 那种冲劲就是我们要的
Did you see Erich? That's the kind of motivation that we need.
我会要求他让小组停止竞争 开始一起合作
I'm gonna ask him to get the core team to stop competing, start working together.
建立一个领导小组
Create a leadership team.
如果你想推动领导小组这想法
Well, if you hope to sell this leadership team idea,
只有一个方法能说服艾瑞克
there's only one way to convince Erich.
什么方法?
And what's that?
让你的人,史东希尔 远离这个小组
Keep your guy, Stonehill, off the team.
他才到职几天 就企图疏离所有的同事
In his short tenure here, he's managed to alienate a remarkable number of colleagues.
你不能把他放在一个 必须团结合作的小组里
You can't put him on a team that's supposed to build cooperation.
自己衡量看看 要不要建立领导小组
So, decide how badly you want your leadership team,
然后做你该做的事
then do what you have to do.
真是够了
That's it.
史东希尔博士,麻烦一下
Dr. Stonehill, please.
关小声点,对
Turn it down. Yes.
对,音乐
Yes, the music.
我说小声点!
I said down!
电影精选列表