Not now!
你书桌里是只猴子吗
Is that a monkey in your desk?
只是用来应急的
Just for emergencies.
听着 范德尔先生
Look, Mr. Vandevere...
我可能应该告诉你
I probably should tell you...
这头小象不卖♥♥
the elephant is not for sale.
呆宝只会为梅第奇马戏团而飞
Dumbo will only fly for the Medici circus.
前提是他货真价实
That's assuming he is real.
亲眼看看吧
See for yourself.
恕我直言 我可不会陪你们一整天
And all due respect, I don't got all day.
-很高兴见到你... -不好意思
- Pleasure to meet you... - Excuse me.
你好啊
Hello there.
你是说你们这个生物
So this, uh, creature of yours...
能够飞翔
is supposed to fly?
这是商业机密
Trade secrets.
麦克斯 你不介意的话我想问问
Max, if you don't mind my asking...
你在哪儿找到这头动物的
where did you come upon the animal?
他来自遥远的东方
He hails from the far east.
有多遥远
How far?
非常遥远
Far.
在我眼里他没什么"魔力"
He doesn't look like "magic" to me.
光看外表能看出什么呢 对吧
Well, what the heck can you tell by appearances, right?
而你训练大象飞翔 是吗
And you train flying elephants, too?
是的 只是业余爱好而已
Yeah, it's a little hobby on the side.
教会呆宝的是这两个孩子
It's the kids taught Dumbo.
是他们
Yes.
真的吗
Yeah?
你们到底是怎么做到的
And how on earth did you do that?
用科学的方法
With the scientific method.
一张照片 只能拍一张照片
One picture, one picture!
麦克斯
Max.
你拥有人生中非常难得的东西
You possess something that's very rare in life.
但不幸的是
And the tragedy of it is,
你根本不自知
is you don't even know that you have it.
你知道自己拥有什么吗 麦克斯
Do you know what it is that you have, Max?
不知道
No.
你拥有奥秘
It's mystique.
麦克斯 我知道你是什么人
Max, I know your type.
江湖术士 骗子 投机分子
Charlatan, con man, opportunist...
纽约在那边 如果你分不清方向的话
New York is that way, in case you need directions.
而且我知道要有深切的渴望
And I know it comes from a deep desire
才能建立起一些真实可靠的东西
to build something authentic and true.
我知道你的套路
I know your game.
这不是套路
It's not a game.
有些人躲避规则
Some men cheat the rules,
有些人则改变规则
others change them.
在你袖子里
It's up your sleeve.
在你口袋里
It's in your pocket.
娱乐行业的秘诀在于
The secret to show business
总在帽子里放只兔子
is always keep a rabbit in your hat.
或者在书桌里放只猴子也行
Or a monkey in your desk, I guess.
公♥司♥股份
Ownership shares?
麦克斯 看看你周围
Max, look around you.
你的整个生活方式正在逐渐消亡
Your entire way of life is dying.
娱乐业的未来在于
The future of the entertainment business
吸引观众来找你
is to bring the audience to you.
我已经建好了目的地
And I've built that destination.
而我需要的是
What I'm lacking...
一个亲信
is a protégé.
我知道梅第奇兄弟是假的
I know there's no Medici Brothers.
你可能一直想要一个兄弟
You probably always wanted one.
你想让我做合伙人
You're offering me a partnership?
是的
Yes.
还要给你一个家
And a home.
为你和你的整个马戏团提供一个家
For you and the entire troupe.
一个家 我们所有人的家
A home? For all of us?
是的 加入我吧
Yes. Join me.
加入我和我的大家庭
Join me and my family.
我会带我们所有人迈向未来
Let me take us all into the future.
我会带我们所有人去
Let me take us all...
梦幻世界
to Dreamland!
真希望妈妈能看到这个
I wish Momma could've seen this.
不知怎的 我觉得她知道我们在这里
Well, somehow, I think she knows we're here.
你还真施展了魔法 麦克斯
Way to work your magic, Max.
我们听到了 呆宝
We hear you, Dumbo!
你为什么不让他看外面
Why won't you let him see outside?
记住 小姑娘
Remember, young lady...
这是奥秘
mystique.
这才是我加入马戏团的原因
Now this is why I joined the circus.
爸爸 科学奇观
Dad. Wonders of Science!
好了 亲爱的
All right, sugar plum.
别忘了 我们是来这里工作的
Remember, we got a job to do here.
我女儿总幻想自己能成为下一位居里夫人
My daughter, she fancies herself the next Marie Curie.
不要让任何人告诉你不能做的事
Don't ever let anybody tell you what you can't do.
打住 我可没说她成不了居里夫人
Hang on, I wasn't saying she can't.
我们在这里到底是做什么的 亲爱的
What is it exactly that we do here, ma chérie?
我们让不可能变成可能
We make the impossible possible.
那就是你们演出的地方
And that's where you'll perform.
圆形大剧场
The Colosseum!
呆宝要待在后面的训练帐篷里
Dumbo will stay in the training tent behind.
呆宝
Dumbo!
我们为什不不跟他一起走
Why aren't we going with him?
因为那才是你们的新家
Because that is your new home.
瞧瞧这里
Look at this place!
有藏书室
A library...
"孩子要牵引它们"
"And the children shall lead them."
非常感谢你给我们这个机会 范德尔先生
We're grateful for the opportunity, Mr. Vandevere.
你的家人就是我的家人
Your family's mine.
我去打听了你的故事 法里尔先生
You know, I've been brushing up on your story, Mr. Farrier.
肯塔基州顶尖的马术演员
Kentucky's top trick rider.
你完全可以重拾辉煌
Well, there's no reason you can't be again...
不过在这里 你将成为法里尔上尉
only here, you'd be Captain Farrier...
战斗英雄
war hero.
梦幻世界
独臂奇人
One-armed wonder.
国宝人物
National treasure.
我还是会骑马的
Well, I still can ride.
我知道你会
I know you can.
而且我也会让你骑马
And you're going to.
只要你让那头小象
Right after you get that little elephant
飞起来就行
off the ground for me.
你是说只要他演出成功
You mean once his act's working?
你就能回到马鞍上
You're back in the saddle.
我们还在为你们马戏团的团员
We're still working on the schedule
安排演出时间
for the rest of your troupe...
但是周五那天
but on Friday...
我们的小飞象将首次公演
we premiere our little Dumbo.
我都起鸡皮疙瘩了
I get goose bumps.
你看着我♥干♥什么
Why are you looking at me?
因为唯一比会飞的象更精彩的
Well, because the only thing more amazing than a flying elephant...
就是骑象的女神
is the goddess who can fly it.
你疯了吗
Have you lost your mind?
别忘了我们的出身 亲爱的
Let's not forget from whence we came, darling.
那我们就周五飞
So, we fly Friday!
呆宝从没载人飞过
Dumbo's never flown with anyone.
所以很显然
That's why it's become abundantly clear
我们需要你
why we need you.
呆宝
Dumbo!
伙计 我们好想你 你还好吗
Hey, buddy. We missed you. You all right?
这里由法里尔上尉负责
Captain Farrier is in charge.
只有经过他的允许才能看这头动物
No one sees the animal without his approval.