我不想谈论
I have no desire to talk about it.
我是一个可耻阴谋的受害者
I am the victim of a disgraceful plot
就是想毁掉我的名誉
to ruin my reputation.
有人把那个女人带到这里来上演了这场闹剧
Someone brought that woman here and staged this melodrama.
她以前从未离开过奈及利亚
She'd never left Nigeria before,
突然间她就来到了圣玛尔大之家
and suddenly she's here in the Casa Santa Marta.
恕我直言乔瑟夫她为什么会来这
With respect, Joshua, ow she came here
对于我的问题来说是不是最重要的
is secondary to the issue
你和她的关系才是
of your relationship with her.
我和她没有任何关系!
I have no relationship to her!
我已经30年没有见过她了
I hadn't set eyes on her in 30 years
直到昨晚她出现在我的房♥间外面!
until she turned up outside my room last night!
主教那只是一时的闪失
It was a lapse, Dean.
闪失
A lapse.
“让上帝赐给我们一位犯了罪、祈求宽恕、
'Let God grant us a Pope who sins and asks forgiveness
并继续前进的圣父”
and carries on.'
这是你说的- 孩子呢?
Your words. - And the child?
孩子?
The child?
孩子在基♥督♥教家庭长大
The child was raised in a Christian household,
直到今天他还不知道他的父亲是谁
and to this day he has no idea who his father is,
如果确实是我的话
if, indeed, it is me.
那就是孩子
That is the child.
我们还很年轻
We were very young.
不不不约瑟夫
No, no, no, Joshua,
她很年轻才十九岁
she was very young, she was 19 years old.
你已经三十了
You were 30. - Thomas.
汤玛斯
Thomas.
听我说...请
Listen to me... please.
今天早上我感觉到圣灵的临在
I sensed the presence of the Holy Spirit this morning,
我发誓
I swear it.
我已经准备好承担这个重担了
I am ready to take this burden.
三十年前的一次...一次闪失
Do... does a single... single mistake 30 years ago
是否会使我失去资格?
disqualify me?
汤玛斯拜托我长大了
Thomas, please, I was a different man.
拜托我...我求你不要...不要用这个来毁掉我
Please, I...I beg you, do... do not use this to ruin me.
乔瑟夫你不配拥有这想法
Joshua, that thought's not worthy of you.
珊米为了保护她的儿子什么都不会说
Shanumi will say nothing to protect her son,
我受告解室誓言的约束
and I am bound by the vows of the confessional.
那么我还有希望吗?
So, I still have hope?
不
No.
没有希望了
There is no hope.
这样的公开场面之后就会有谣言
After such a public scene, there will be rumours,
你知道教廷是什么样的
and you know what the Curia is like.
没有什么比想到更多的...性丑闻
Nothing terrifies our colleagues more
更让我们的同僚感到害怕了
than the thought of yet more... sexual scandals.
我无法用言语表达我的歉意
I am more sorry than I can say.
你永远不会成为圣父
You will never be Pope.
你必须重新开始
You must begin again.
但你是个好人
But you are a good man.
我知道你是个好人
I know you to be a good man,
你会找到弥补的方法
and you will find a way to atone.
你愿意和我一起祷告吗?
Will you pray with me?
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
第五次投票的结果是...
The results of the fifth ballot are...
特伦布雷主教四十票
Cardinal Tremblay, 40 votes.
泰德斯科主教三十四票
Cardinal Tedesco, 34 votes.
贝里尼主教十三票
Cardinal Bellini, 13 votes.
劳伦斯主教十一票
Cardinal Lawrence, 11 votes.
阿德耶米主教九票
Cardinal Adeyemi, 9 votes.
贝尼特斯主教六票
Cardinal Benitez, 6 votes.
我的兄弟们...
My brothers...
我的兄弟们第五次投票到此结束
My brothers, that concludes the fifth ballot.
没有候选人获得必要的多数票
No candidate having achieved the necessary majority,
我们将于明天早上恢复投票
we shall resume voting tomorrow morning.
是的 雷?
Yes, Ray?
今天早上发生的...事件主教
The... incident this morning, Your Eminence.
我有更多的讯息如果...
I have more information, if...
不我也必须远离任何讯息
No, I too must be shielded from any knowledge
在这次秘密会议的过程中
which could act as an interference
这可能会起到干扰作用
in the process of this Conclave.
当然主教
Of course, Your Eminence.
还有别的吗?
Anything else?
...
Erm...
贝尼特斯主教的...健康问题?
Oh, Cardinal Benitez... who has health problems?
他获得了一张前往日内瓦的来回机票
He was issued a round-trip ticket to Geneva
由圣父自己的帐户支付
paid for by the Pope's own account.
我查了他的签证申请
I checked his visa application,
旅行的目的是“医疗”
the purpose for travel was given as 'medical treatment'.
无论如何或是什么不可能是多严重的事情
Anyway, whatever it was, it can't have been serious.
因为后来机票取消他也没去成
The ticket was cancelled, he never went.
好吧 谢谢
Alright. Thank you.
请原谅我主教
Forgive me, Your Eminence.
我知道你说我们应该忘记这件事
I know you said we should forget about the matter
忘记那个撤回的报告
of the withdrawn report.
但我...我想知道...
But I...I wondered...
鉴于特伦布雷主教目前的立场...
in light of Cardinal Tremblay's current position...
我...我可以看看我是否能找到...
I...I could see if I could find out...
不要我不是猎巫专家
No, I'm not a witch-finder.
挖掘我的同僚的过去
It's not my job to go hunting for secrets
不是我工作的范畴
in my colleagues' pasts.
对不起
Forgive me.
拜托别再调查了我...
Please, no more investigations, I...
我想我们已经听够了秘密
I think we've heard enough secrets.
让上帝的旨意做出选择吧
Let God's will be done.
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
那么晚安主教
Goodnight then, Your Eminence.
这真的有必要吗?
Was this really necessary?
我感觉我好像在什么
I feel as if I'm at some
美国政♥治♥大会议之类的
American political convention.
嗯 这不会持续很久的
Well, it isn't going to take long.
我们这位朋友在我们的同僚中
Our friend here doesn't have sufficient support
没有足够的支持来当选圣父
amongst our colleagues to be elected Pope.
事情还没结束
It isn't over yet.
嗯 我担心
Well, I'm afraid,
就我而言确实如此
as far as I'm concerned, it is.
那么现在问题来了
So, now the question arises,
如果我赢不了
if I can't win,
我要建议我的支持者投给谁?
whom do I advise my supporters to vote for?
汤玛斯
Thomas,
我不比你
I am no more an enthusiast
更热衷于特伦布雷
for Tremblay than you are.
但是...我们必须面对这样一个事实...
But... we have to face the fact that...
我们必须面对事实
We have to face the fact
他表现出了广泛的吸引力
that he has demonstrated broad appeal.
也许他会成为一股团结的力量
Maybe he'll be a unifying force.
什么? - 这就是我们的沦落吗?
What? - Is this what we're reduced to,
考虑最不坏的选择?
considering the least worst option?
但范围已经缩小
But the field has narrowed.
如果我们不改变投票我们将在这里待上几个星期
If we don't change our vote, we will be here for weeks.
这正是泰德斯科想要的
And that's exactly what Tedesco wants.
我们有出过曾是希♥特♥勒♥青年团成员的圣父
We've had a Pope who was in the Hitler Youth
还为纳粹而战
and fought for the Nazis.
我们有出过圣父被指控
We've had Popes accused of
与共♥产♥党人和法♥西♥斯♥分子勾结
colluding with communists and fascists.
我们有一些圣父无视有关
We've had Popes who have ignored reports
最令人震惊的儿童性♥虐♥待事件的报告
of most appalling sexual abuse of children!
嘘好嘘!
Shh. Okay. Shh-shh!
我们知道这些
We take the point.
关键是我们永远找不到候选人
The point is we will never find a candidate
他们身上没有任何污点
who doesn't have any kind of black mark against them.
电影精选列表