他已与神同在
He is with God.
教廷的宝座
The throne of the Holy See
空了
is vacant.
阿尔多
Aldo.
你觉得有人会介意
Hey, do you think that anybody would mind
我把这个拿走当纪念品吗? - 当然拿吧
if I took that, as a keepsake? - Of course, take it.
他会希望你拥有它
He would've wanted you to have it.
因为以前我们时常在晚上对弈
Because we used to play quite often in the evenings.
他说...这有助于他放松
He said... it helped him to relax.
谁赢的多些?
And who won?
他
Oh, he did.
他总先我八手
He was always eight moves ahead.
嗯
Hmm.
阿尔多...
Aldo...
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
嗯
Hmm.
不是 继续说发生了什么事?
No, go on. What happened, do you know?
不清楚他们说是心脏病发作 但是...
No. They say a heart attack, but...
之前就有警告过
there had been warnings.
我不知道 从没听说
I don't know. I hadn't heard that.
对 他不想让任何人知道
Yeah. He didn't want anyone to know.
他担心如果消息传出去
He was afraid that if word got out
谣言就会开始散播
that they would start circulating rumours
他原本是要自行辞职的
that he was going to resign.
向教廷请辞
The Curia.
嗯
Yes.
好吧
Okay.
我知道现在对你而言不是一个合适的时间 但..
I know this is hard for you, but...
我们需要准备一份声明
we will have to prepare a detailed statement.
谁发现了圣父的尸体?
Who discovered the Holy Father's body?
是我主教
I did, Your Eminence.
然后你做了什么?
And then what did you do?
我...打电♥话♥给圣父的医生
I...called the Holy Father's doctor.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
但为时已晚
But it was too late.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
那是什么时候?
And what time was this?
大约...11点30分主教
Around...11:30, Eminence.
我们本来打算早点打电♥话♥给你的 但是...
We would have called you earlier, but...
汤玛斯 我真的很遗憾
Thomas, I'm so sorry.
我知道教皇没有比
I know His Holiness had no colleagues
你和阿尔多还要更亲近的同僚了
closer than you and Aldo.
但我请贾努什不要打电♥话♥给你
But I asked Janusz to hold off calling you.
我想自行查明所有的事实
I wanted to ascertain all the facts.
你知道谣言总是会传千里
You know how rumour spreads.
我已经准备了教皇最后一天的时间表
I've prepared a timeline of His Holiness's last day,
这些是圣父近期的医疗记录
and these are the Holy Father''s most recent medical records.
谁是最后一个会面的人?
And who was the last to have a scheduled meeting with him?
那可能就是我
I believe that may have been me.
沃兹尼亚克神父 我是最后一个?
Father Wozniak, I was the last one?
是的 特伦布雷主教
You were, Eminence Tremblay.
把他那天参加的所有会议都算进去
Put in all the meetings he had that day.
这会显示他一直勤奋到最后一刻
It will show how hard he was working right to the very end.
不错...
Well...
看起来我们可能正对
it might look like we were placing
一个生病的人施加负担
a huge burden on a sick man.
教皇权是一个巨大的负担
The Papacy is a huge burden,
尤其是对于一个老人来说
especially for an older man.
嗯 主教主教长
Well, Dean,
看来主教选举教皇秘密会议的责任
it seems the responsibility for the Conclave
落在你身上了
falls upon you.
封闭房♥间
Seal the room.
安保表示他们想最后一次测试
Security say they'd like to test
电子干♥扰♥器♥主教
the electronic jammers one last time, Your Eminence.
好吧 那他们最好快点
Well, then they'd better be quick.
这真的有必要吗 威利?
Is this really necessary, Willi?
显然是这样的
Apparently so.
他们说窃听者可以使用激光
They say eavesdroppers can use lasers
感知玻璃的振动
to read the vibrations of the glass.
真的吗?好吧 我希望我们的同僚们
Really? Well, let's hope none of our brothers
都没有幽闭恐惧症
suffer from claustrophobia.
谁知道我们要在这里待多久?
And who knows how long we're going to be in here?
你能向我保证我们会准时完成吗?
Can you reassure me that we will be finished on time?
如果有必要他们会通宵工作
They will work through the night if they have to.
没关系主教总是如此
It will be fine, Your Eminence. It always is.
意大利 你知道的- 抱歉打扰了
Italy, you know. - I'm sorry to fuss.
嗯主教主教 我想说这是一个相当确实的地狱景象
Well, Eminence, I'd say this is a pretty fair vision of hell.
好了 别亵渎神明 雷
Well, don't be blasphemous, Ray.
明天才是地狱
Hell arrives tomorrow
那时候红衣主教们都会到场
when we bring in the cardinals.
现在我要怎么念这个?
Now, how do I pronounce this?
卡尔科 他是印度人
Kahl-koh, Your Eminence. He's Indian.
噢 卡尔科 谢谢 你
Oh, Kahl-koh, thank you.
沃兹尼亚克大主教想知道他是否讲几句话主教主教
Archbishop Wozniak has asked if he might have a word, Eminence.
嗯 我认为这是不可能的
Well, I don't think that's possible.
红衣主教们将在一小时后到达
The cardinals will be arriving in an hour.
是关于什么的? - 他没说
What's it about? - He didn't say.
我...我本来不想多提
I...I wouldn't have brought it up,
只是他看起来很...沮丧
it's just he seemed so... upset.
雷我们将从六点开始隔离
Ray, we're going to be sequestered from six o'clock.
他应该早点来找我的
He should've come to me earlier.
是的 主教我会让他知道的
Yes, Your Eminence. I'll let him know.
不 雷...
No, Ray...
告诉他我会见他
tell him that I will see him
但要在我见完红衣主教之后
after I've met the cardinals.
可怜的人
The poor fellow will be
在担心他的未来
worrying about his future.
那么威利那会是多少?
So, how many is that, Willi?
103 劳伦斯主教
103, Eminence Lawrence.
我想知道泰德斯科要去哪里
I wonder where Tedesco has got to.
或许他不会来了
Perhaps he's not coming.
好 这希望有点太美好了
Well, that'd be too much to hope for.
如果你愿意的话我们可以在里面等
We could wait inside, if you prefer.
不我们留在这里呼吸新鲜空气吧
No, let's stay out here and get some fresh air
趁现在还能的时候多吸一点
while we can.
啊
Ah.
贝里尼神父
Father Bellini.
阿尔多.
Aldo.
我是最后一个吗? - 不完全是你好吗?
Am I the last? - Not quite. How are you?
好吧 你知道相当可怕
Oh, well, you know, fairly dreadful.
你看过报纸吗? - 嗯
Have you seen the papers? - Mm-hmm.
显然舆♥论♥已经决定是我了
Apparently it's already decided it's to be me.
我碰巧同意他们的观点
And I happen to agree with them.
可是如果我并不想要怎么办?
What if I don't want it?
有理智的人都不想当圣父
No sane man would want the Papacy.
我们的一些同僚似乎很想要
Some of our colleagues seem to want it.
如果我心里知道自己不配怎么办?
What if I know in my heart that I am not worthy?
你比我们任何人都更有价值
You are more worthy than any of us.
我不是- 好吧 然后告诉你的支持者
I'm not. - Well, then tell your supporters
不是为了投票给你传递圣杯
not to vote for you. Pass the chalice.
然后就交给他了?
And let it go to him?
我永远无法忍♥受自己
I could never live with myself.
泰德斯科主教
Eminence Tedesco.
劳伦斯主教!
Dean Lawrence!
你好吗?
How are you?
我很好 戈弗雷多
I'm well, Goffredo.
抱歉我从威尼斯出发的火车延误了
Sorry, my train was delayed from Venice.
我们很想念你- 是
We've missed you. - Yes.
无疑
No doubt.
但别担心我的朋友们已经让我了解了很多状况
But don't worry, my friends have kept me well informed.
电影精选列表