你还好吗?
Are you well?
在我们这个年纪没有人过得很好
No one is ever well at our age.
真的
True.
那你呢?
And you, huh?
你对你的这个新...
How do you feel with your new,
新责任感觉如何?
er, responsibility?
一切尽在掌握?
Everything under control?
是的 我相信是这样
Yes, I believe so.
泰德斯科主教可以吗? - 不!
Eminence Tedesco, may I? - No.
稍后见
See you later.
不客气稍后见主教
You're welcome. See you later, Eminence.
告诉你这件太大了
Tell you what, that's enormous.
显然教皇约翰二十三世太胖了
Apparently Pope John the 23rd was too fat
为了适应最大的袈裟所以他们必须
to fit into the biggest cassock, so they had to
将后面的接缝分开
split the seam at the back
才能让他穿上
for him to get into it.
不
No.
你看起来很累
You look tired.
嗯 这一切都是...
Well, all this is...
我以为我永远不必履行的职责
a duty I thought I'd never have to perform.
我以为他会比我们所有人都长寿
I thought he would outlive all of us.
我们分手的并不顺利
We didn't part well.
我向他请辞教务长
I asked for his permission to resign as Dean,
加入组织
join an order.
他怎么说?
What did he say?
他拒绝了我的辞职
He refused my resignation.
说有些人会被选作牧羊人
Said some were chosen to be shepherds
有些要管理农场
and some to manage the farm.
看来我是一名经理
Apparently I am a manager.
他告诉我你的信仰危机
He told me about your crisis of faith.
但你要知道他也有自己的疑虑...
But you should know that he had his own doubts...
在最后关头
towards the end.
圣父对上帝产生了怀疑?
Wow, the Pope had doubts about God?
不
No.
这事从来和上帝无关
Never about God.
他对教会失去了信心
What he had lost faith in was the church.
沃兹尼亚克神父?
Father Wozniak?
以圣父、圣子的名义
In the name of the Father, the Son,
和圣灵
and the Holy Ghost.
我最后的坦白是... - 贾努什
My last confession was... - Janusz.
四个星期前- 贾努什
four weeks ago. - Janusz,
我没时间
I haven't got time
来听你的告解
to hear your confession.
还有很多事情要做
There's still so much to do.
你喝酒了?
Have you been drinking?
有什么烦恼吗?告诉我
What's troubling you? Tell me.
我早该来找你的
I should have come to you before,
但我保证什么也不说
but I promised not to say anything.
答应了谁?
Promised who?
特伦布雷红衣主教
Cardinal Tremblay.
贾努什闭门会议就要开始了你得离开
Janusz, the doors close soon and you'll have to leave.
现在如果你答应特伦布雷红衣主教
Now, if you promised Cardinal Tremblay,
那么也许你的做法是不对的...
then perhaps it isn't right that you're...
教皇去世的那天
The day the Pope died,
最后一个与他正式会面的人
the last person to have an official appointment with him
是特伦布雷红衣主教- 是的 我知道
was Cardinal Tremblay. - Yes, I know,
这在官方时间表上- 在那次会面中
it's on the official timeline. - At that meeting,
圣父撤销了他的职务
the Holy Father dismissed him.
什么?
What?
他解雇了他!
He sacked him!
为什么?
Why?
严重不当行为
For gross misconduct.
你现在才告诉我?
And you tell me this now?
我们即将被隔离贾努什
We're about to be sequestered, Janusz.
原谅我但直到最近几天
Forgive me, but it wasn't until the last few days
我开始听到一些传言
when I started to hear the rumours.
什么传言?
What rumours?
说他可能会被选为圣父
That he may be elected Pope.
你认为防止这种情况发生是你的责任对吗?
Oh, and you see it as your duty to prevent that, do you?
我...我不再知道我的职责是什么
I...I no longer know what my duty is.
你参加了这次会议吗?
Were you there at this meeting?
不主教
No, Your Eminence.
圣父后来告诉我这件事
The Holy Father told me about it afterwards,
在我们吃晚餐的时候
when we had supper.
他告诉你原因了吗?
Did he tell you why
他为什么解除特伦布雷主教的职务?
he had dismissed Eminence Tremblay?
...没有
Err... no.
他说原因很快就会明了
He said the reasons would become clear soon enough.
劳伦斯主教...
Dean Lawrence...
有个问题
an issue.
亲爱的上帝
Oh, dear God.
又有人去世了? - 什么?
One of them's died? - I'm sorry?
我们失去了一位红衣主教吗?
Have we lost a cardinal?
不主教
No, Your Eminence.
我们似乎得到了一个
We seem to have acquired one.
字面上的意思
I mean it literally.
另一位红衣主教刚刚出现
Another cardinal has just turned up.
那么我们名单漏了一个人
Well, then, we've left someone off the list.
他从来没有出现在我们的名单上主教
He was never on our list, Eminence.
他说他是透过“默存心中”被秘密任命的
He says he was created in pectore.
喔不他就是个冒牌货而已
Oh no, then he has to be an imposter, surely.
嗯 我原本就是这样想的主教
Well, that's what I thought, Eminence.
但曼多夫总主教已经跟他谈过了
But Archbishop Mandorff has spoken to him
他认为并不是这样的
and he thinks not.
我都听到了些什么?
Er, what's this I'm hearing?
他的名字是文森特·贝尼特斯尊敬的主教
His name is Vincent Benitez, Your Eminence.
他是喀布尔的大主教
He's the Archbishop of Kabul.
哪里的大主教?
Archbishop of where?
喀布尔(阿富汗首都)
Kabul.
但他是墨西哥人
But he's Mexican.
圣父去年任命了他
The Holy Father appointed him last year.
去年?那么这件事是如何保密这么久的呢?
Last year? So, how has this been kept a secret for so long?
我以为你会知道到他的升迁
I thought perhaps you would be aware of his elevation.
不我不知情雷请贝尼特斯主教加入我们
No, I'm not. Ray, ask Eminence Bellini to join us,
也许他知道一些事情
maybe he knows something of this.
是的 主教- 谢谢
Yes, Eminence. - Thank you.
他有圣父的任命书
He has a letter of appointment from the Pope,
致喀布尔总教区
addressed to the archdiocese of Kabul,
他们应圣父的要求保守秘密
which they kept secret at the Holy Father's request.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
你认为他没有伪造文书吗?
You don't think he could've forged it?
嗯 他现在在哪里?
Well, err, where is he now?
阿富汗的红衣主教?
A cardinal in Afghanistan?
嗯 -这很荒谬
Hmm. -It's absurd.
阿富汗有多少天主教♥徒♥?
How many Catholics are there in Afghanistan?
他是那里的天主教传教团的负责人
He was head of the Catholic mission there
直到他的升迁
until his elevation.
但怎样才能确保他的安全呢?
But how can we possibly ensure his safety?
嗯 大概这就是为什么圣父
Well, presumably that's why the Holy Father
希望保守秘密
wanted it kept a secret.
好吧 现在不用再默存心中了
Well, it won't be in pectore now.
我认为我们别无选择只能承认他
I don't think we have any choice but to admit him.
等等等等汤玛斯
Wait, wait. Thomas.
我们确定...
Are we sure...
圣父完全是...
that the Holy Father was entirely...
胜任的...
competent...
他什么时候做出这个任命的?
when he made this appointment?
我相信这个人在法理上是红衣主教阿尔多而我...
I believe this man is legally a cardinal, Aldo, and I...
我认为他有权利参加选举
I think he has a right to take part in the election.
诸位大人在我们吃饭之前
Eminences, before we eat,
电影精选列表