那又怎样呢?
Oh, what about it?
嗯 有人告诉我那次面谈并不愉快
Well, I've been told it was difficult.
是吗? -不愉快?不
Was it? -Difficult? No.
我不记得了
Not that I can recall.
好吧 我...很抱歉不得不问你这个问题乔
Well, I...I'm sorry to have to ask you this, Joe,
但具体来说
but to be specific,
有人告诉我圣父
I was told that the Holy Father
曾要求你辞职
demanded your resignation.
什么?
What?
这太荒谬了- 我...
That's absurd. - I...
我不知道...谁...谁告诉你的?
I don't know what we... who... who told you that?
沃兹尼亚克总主教
Archbishop Wozniak.
他为什么要说这样的话?
Why would he say such a thing?
那么这个指控没有任何事实根据吗?
So, there isn't any truth in the allegation?
天啊 不当然没有这太荒谬了
Oh God, no, of course not. It's absurd.
嗯
Hmm.
你不认为... - 不好吧 我...我必须来确认
You don't think that... - No, well, I...I had to ask.
我明白但没有这件
I understand, but no.
你...你可以问雷蒙蒙席
You... you can ask Monsignor Morales.
他当时在场
He was at the meeting.
当然我很愿意
Well, I would,
但此刻
but at the moment
我们碰巧被隔离了
we happen to be sequestered.
你能想到沃兹尼亚克总主教为什么要
Can you think of any reason why Archbishop Wozniak
流传这样的故事吗?
would circulate such a story?
不 我不能
No, I can't.
我真的...你想喝咖啡吗?
I really... do you want a coffee?
不
No.
我很震惊
I'm shocked.
这是他亲自告诉你的?
He told you this himself?
是的
Yeah.
你不认为...?
You don't think...?
嗯 什么?
Well, what?
酒?
The drinking?
我不想提起但我们都知道
I don't like to bring it up, but we both know
他的酗酒情况越来越严重
his drinking has been getting much heavier.
也许这会影响他的判断甚至影响他的心智
And perhaps it's affecting his judgement, hi- his mind even.
和...
And...
我知道已经有人指望我成为未来的圣父
I know my name has been mentioned as a future Pope.
如果总主教不同意这个想法
And if the Archbishop doesn't approve of that idea,
也许他是...
maybe he's...
我不知道我...我只是想弄清楚这一点
I don't know, I...I'm just trying to make sense of this.
还有那个可怜的人
And the poor man.
圣父的去世让他心碎不已
He was shattered by the Holy Father's death.
是的 确实如此
Yes, indeed.
再一次乔我很抱歉
Again, Joe, er, my apologies.
不一点也不
No, not at all.
我完全明白
I completely understand.
你在最后一次会面的时候
what did you discuss with the Holy Father
和圣父讨论了什么?
in that final meeting?
原谅我汤玛斯
Forgive me, Thomas.
那是一场私人谈话
It was a private conversation,
对我来说很珍贵
and very precious.
这是我和圣父的
Those were the last words I ever exchanged
最后一次谈话
with the Holy Father.
是的 当然
Yes, of course.
晚安乔
Goodnight, Joe.
晚安汤玛斯
Goodnight Thomas.
主教!
Decano. - Ah!
我们是邻居乔瑟夫
Oh, we're neighbours, Joshua.
啊 看来是这样
Ah, it appears so.
我想我该...
I thought that I should, er...
为明天的讲道多做一些准备
do a little more work on my homily for tomorrow.
啊 是的 当然我很期待
Ah, yes, of course. I look forward to it.
我明白其中的窍门
I understand the trick
就是不冒犯任何人
is to offend no one.
你是一名经理
You're a manager.
经营管理
Manage.
劳伦斯主教?
Decano Lawrence?
亲爱的基♥督♥里兄弟:
Dear Brothers in Christ,
在充满不确定性的时刻
at the moment of great uncertainty,
在圣教会的历史上
in the history of the Holy Church,
我们必须先想到已故的圣父
we must think first of the late Holy Father,
他的辉煌圣父荣衔是上帝的恩赐
whose brilliant pontificate was a gift from God,
现在我们必须请求我们的主派遣一位新的圣父
now we must ask our Lord to send us a new Holy Father,
透过主教神父的牧灵关怀
through the pastoral solicitude of the cardinal fathers.
我们必须向上帝祈求慈爱的帮助
And we must pray to God for that loving assistance,
并求祂引导我们
and ask Him to guide us
做出正确的选择
to the right choice.
但你知道这一切
But you know all that.
让我暂时说一下心里话
Let me speak from the heart for a moment.
圣保罗说:“要互相服从”
St Paul said, 'Be subject to one another
出于对基♥督♥的敬畏
out of reverence for Christ.'
一起合作并且...
To work together, and to, er...
要共同成长我们必须宽容
to grow together, we must be tolerant.
没有任何人或...或派别试图统治另一个人
No one person or... or faction seeking to dominate another.
对以弗所人说话
And speaking to the Ephesians,
他们当然是犹太人和外邦人的混合体
who were of course a mixture of Jews and gentiles,
保罗提醒我们神给教会的恩赐......
Paul reminds us that God's gift to the church...
正是它的多样性
is its variety.
正是这种多样性这种人和观点的多样性
It is this variety, this diversity of people and views
这给了我们教会力量
which gives our church its strength.
并且在很多年的时间里
And over the course of many years
为我们的教会母亲服务
in the service of our Mother the Church,
让我告诉你有一种罪
let me tell you, there is one sin,
我最害怕的就是这个
which I have come to fear above all others.
信心
Certainty.
确信是团结的大敌
Certainty is the great enemy of unity.
确信是宽容的死敌
Certainty is the deadly enemy of tolerance.
就连基♥督♥最后也不确定
Even Christ was not certain at the end.
我的神我的神为什么离弃我?
My God, My God, why are you forsaken me?
在十字架上的第九个小时他痛苦地哭喊着
He cried out in his agony at the ninth hour on the cross.
我们的信仰是活生生的东西
Our faith is a living thing,
正是因为它与怀疑齐头并进
precisely because it walks hand-in-hand with doubt.
如果只有完全确信的话...
If there was only certainty...
世上没了疑问...
and no doubt...
就不会有什么奥秘了...
there would be no mystery...
因此信仰也没了必要
and therefore no need... for faith.
让我们祈祷上帝赐给我们一位会怀疑的圣父
Let us pray that God will grant us a Pope who doubts.
让祂赐给我们一位犯了罪、祈求宽恕、
And let him grant us a Pope who sins and asks for forgiveness,
并继续前进的圣父
and who carries on.
劳伦斯主教...
Dean Lawrence...
你的讲道引起了不小的轰动
your homily has caused quite the stir.
我认为没有人想到你会...
I don't think anyone expected you to...
说点有趣的事?
To say something interesting?
我会根据录音制♥作♥一份文字记录
I'll have a transcript made of the recording.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
如果如果没有别的事的话...
If, erm, if there's nothing else...
主教
Eminence.
是的 ...
Yes, erm...
我...我需要你为我做一件事
I...I need you to do something for me.
雷蒙蒙席...
Monsignor Morales...
我确信他还在罗马
I'm sure he's still in Rome.
你能试着去看看他吗?
Could you try and see him?
今天?我...我... - 我授权你
Today? I...I... - Use my authority.
我想知道特伦布雷主教
I'd like to know what happened
和圣父的最后一次会谈中
in the final meeting between Cardinal Tremblay
发生了什么
and the Holy Father.
怎么了?
What happened?
具体来说是否发生过任何可能导致
Specifically, did anything occur that might
电影精选列表