我想介绍一下我们组织的一位新成员
I'd like to introduce a new member of our order,
我们任何人都不知道他的存在
whose existence was not known to any of us
嗯 直到几个小时前
erm, until only a few hours ago.
这是因为我们的兄弟
This is because our brother
透过完全合法的程序成为红衣主教
was made a cardinal by the perfectly legitimate procedure
这个程序被称为默存心中
known as creation in pectore.
现在至于为什么必须这样
Now, the reason why it had to be done this way
只有上帝和已故的圣父知道
is known only to God and to the late Holy Father.
但我认为我们可以得出一个好的猜测
But I think we can guess well enough,
我们新的兄弟 所进行的传教事业
as our new brother's ministry
是极其危险的
is an extremely dangerous one.
欢迎您加入我们
Welcome to our order,
文森特·贝尼特斯
Vincent Benitez,
一位红衣主教大主教...
Cardinal Archbishop of...
来自喀布尔
Kabul.
主教请您为我们的餐点祈福好吗?
Eminence, please would you bless our meal?
当然
Of course.
天主求你降福于我们
Bless us, oh Lord,
和我们所享用的食物
and these, your gifts,
我们也为祢所赏赐的一切
which we are about to receive from your bounty.
阿门
Amen.
祝福所有这些
Bless all those
不能与我们分享这顿饭的人们
who cannot share this meal with us
主啊 当我们饮水时请帮助我们
and help us, O Lord, as we wat and drink,
记住饥饿的人
to remember the hungry,
口渴的人
the thirsty,
病人
the sick,
和孤独的人
and the lonely,
还有为我们准备这些食物的姊妹们
and the sisters who prepared this food for us.
借着我们的主基♥督♥
Through Christ Our Lord.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
请来吧
Please, come.
这是你的...
This is your...
主教主教长!
Dean!
戈弗雷多
Goffredo.
汤玛斯
Thomas.
来
Come.
喝点酒
Take some wine.
谢谢
Thank you.
你看起来很焦虑
You look anxious.
而我们还没开始呢
And we haven't even begun yet.
我们的新兄弟 ...
Our new brother...
我没听错吧阿富汗?
Did I hear correctly, Afghanistan?
是的
Yes.
普世教会的奇妙见证
A marvellous testament to the Universal Church,
这么多不同文化、种族的人
So many men of different cultures, races,
他们因对上帝的信仰而连结在一起
bound together by their faith in God.
嗯 ?
Hmm?
看看你的周围
Look around you.
请注意每个人如何被自己的同胞所吸引
Notice how everyone gravitates to their fellow countrymen.
意大利人在这里
Italians over here.
那里是讲西语的
Spanish speakers there,
嗯
Mm-hmm.
那里有讲英文的
English there.
是
Yes.
法律文本
French.
按语言来划分
Divided by language.
当我们还是孩子的时候传统拉丁弥撒
When we were boys and the Tridentine Mass
仍然是世界上唯一真正的礼拜仪式
was still the only true liturgy of the world,
我们都会说拉丁语
we would all have been speaking Latin.
但后来你们的自♥由♥派同僚坚持要我们摆脱这个
But then your fellow liberals insisted we get rid of that
死亡的语言
"dead" language.
没有罗马没有罗马的传统...
Without Rome, without the tradition of Rome...
分崩离析
Things fall apart.
初心不再
The centre cannot hold.
那么下一任圣父一定是意大利人吗?汤玛斯
So what, the next pope must be Italian?
为什么不呢?
Why not?
我们已经四十多年没有出现意大利圣父了四十年汤玛斯
We haven't had an Italian pope for more than 40 years. 40 years, Tommaso.
你能认真想像还有其他的情况吗?
Can you seriously imagine the alternative?
对不起我必须去和我们的兄弟 都寒暄几句
Excuse me, I must circulate amongst our brothers.
深渊在呼唤
The abyss calls out.
他很精明
It was shrewd of him to stay away
直到今天才远离罗马
from Rome until today.
一次直言不讳的报纸访问
One outspoken newspaper interview
就能让泰德斯科彻底消失
could have written Tedesco off.
但相反地我认为他明天会表现得很好
But instead, he will do well tomorrow, I think.
什么意思?
Which means?
我会说...
I would say...
他在第轮会得十五票
he's worth 15 votes on the first ballet.
贝里尼呢?
And Bellini?
为什么我感觉自己像一头被农夫定价的牛?
Why do I feel like a cow being priced by the farmer?
第一轮投票...
First ballot...
二十到二十五之间
Between 20 and 25.
但明晚才是真正工作的开始
But it is tomorrow night that the real work begins.
无论如何我们必须让他获得三分之二多数嗯 ?
Somehow we have to get him a two thirds majority, hmm?
所谓真正的工作到底是什么意思?
By real work you mean what, exactly?
但是贝里尼主教那些寻求圣父职位的人...
But Eminence Bellini, those who seek the Papacy...
我不寻求上圣父我...
I don't "seek" the Papacy. I...
谢谢 修女们
Thank you, Sisters.
听着你什么都不用做
Listen, you don't have to do anything.
就交给我们吧
Just leave it to us.
告诉他们我支持常识流派
Tell them I stand for a common-sense approach
在同性恋和离婚等议题
to such issues as gays and divorce.
告诉他们我主张永远不再回到过去
Tell them I stand for never returning to the days
拉丁礼仪的一部分
of the Latin liturgy,
或有十个孩子的家庭
or families of ten children
因为妈妈和爸爸不知道要干嘛
because Mama and Papa didn't know any better.
那是一个丑陋而压抑的时代
That was an ugly and repressive time
我很高兴一切都结束了
and I'm glad that it's over.
告诉他们我代表...
Tell them I stand for...
尊重其他信仰
respecting other faiths,
容忍♥我们教会内的其他观点
for tolerating other views within our own church.
并告诉他们我相信
And tell them that I believe
女性应该在教廷中发挥更多作用
women should play more of a role in the Curia.
让我们 嗯 ...
Let's, um...
别说女人了
Let's not mention women.
为什么?
Why?
兄弟 我无意隐瞒我的观点
Brother, I have no intention of concealing my views
或对不起我自己本人
or pretending to be anything other than I am
只为了获得我们之中那些摇摆票
in order to sway any of our number who are undecided.
所以...
So...
如果你想代表我拉票
if you want to canvas on my behalf,
然后确保我的讯息有被传达清楚
then make sure that my message is clear.
我代表泰德斯科所不愿代表的一切
I stand for everything that Tedesco does not.
好的 - 失陪
Okay. - If you'll excuse me.
好吧
Alright.
罗科你和美国人沟通
Rocco, you talk to the Americans.
维拉纽瓦我让你去说服南美洲
Villanueva, I'll leave the South Americans to you.
吉安马可你负责非洲人
Gianmarco, you take the Africans.
阿尔多不想要当圣父
Aldo doesn't want it.
一点都不想
Any of it.
你是知道的不是吗?
You know that, don't you?
当然我知道
Of course, I do.
这就是我支持他的原因
That's why I support him.
危险的是...
The men who are dangerous
那些有意图当圣父的人
are the ones who do want it.
我很享受这一切的神秘汤玛斯
I'm enjoying all this mystery, Thomas.
我想你应该告诉我你想谈什么
And I suppose you should tell me what you want to talk about.
你与圣父的最后一次会面
Your last meeting with the Holy Father.
电影精选列表