My mother's name was Saverio.
不要拍他的手
Fucking uses his hands.
他们拍出他抽的香烟
They're showing the kind of cigarettes he smokes.
这是香烟广♥告♥吗
What's this, a cigarette commercial?
很多在国外出生的人
You know, a lot of foreign-born people,
来到美国时 会用家族姓氏
when they came to America, they used the family name.
我成长过程中可能用过
When I was growing up, I might've used it.
你没有用正统的英文 是"可能有用过"
You're not using the English language when you say, "Might have used them."
"可能用过"根本文法不通
"Might have" means nothing grammatically.
抱歉 海利先生 我不像你是上过大学的人
Well, I'm sorry, Mr. Halley. I'm not a college man like you.
你以前是酒品走私贩
You were a bootlegger.
对吗 没错 以前是
Correct? Yes, I was.
在那段时期 全国上下大概每个喝过酒的人
Just about every person in this country who took a drink during those times
都跟我有来往
was in business with me.
拒绝回答就好 你这该死的
Take the fucking Fifth, you fucking--
法兰克
F-Frank.
他有什么毛病
What's the fucking matter with him?
你应该认识约翰·奥曼托吧
I believe you're acquainted with a man named John Ormento.
我认识他 对
I am acquainted with him, yes.
你知道约翰·奥曼托 最近因为麻♥醉♥药♥物同谋罪
Are you aware that John Ormento was recently convicted
遭到定罪 面临终身监禁吗
of a narcotics conspiracy and is facing life in prison?
我没有留意
I haven't paid that much attention.
他说了他不该谈论的事
Talking about things he shouldn't be talking about.
你有留意到国内 日渐严重的麻♥醉♥药♥物危险吗
Have you paid attention to the growing danger of narcotics in this country?
你要 你是白♥痴♥吗
Where are you go- What, are you fucking stunad?
你有什么毛病
What's the matter with you?
真是疯了
Fucking crazy.
他让我很激动 就是说啊
He getting me all excited. I know.
给你一点建议 拒绝回答
Hear this tip: Take the Fifth. Take the Fifth!
我确实有留意到
I've paid enough attention to know
我知道这是会残害别人 低贱又肮脏的事业
that it's a low and filthy business that trades in misery
我们应该加以戒除
and that we should rid ourselves of it.
公开谴责毒品是很高尚的行为 卡斯提洛先生
Coming out against drugs is very noble, Mr. Costello.
杰出公民 守法先生 你骗谁啊
Upstanding citizen. Mr. Legitimate. Get the fuck outta here.
但我们要怎么戒除另一种社会恶习
But how do we rid ourselves of that other social vice?
就是你经手的事业
The one in which you are involved?
非法赌博
Illegal gambling.
如果想这么做 海利先生
Well, to do that, Mr. Halley,
你得烧掉所有赛场 射杀所有赛马
you'd have to burn all the tracks and shoot all the horses.
你可能觉得这很好笑 卡斯提洛先生
You may think this is funny, Mr. Costello,
但我国现在最大的两个敌人 就是罪犯和共♥产♥主义者
but the two great enemies within our ranks today are criminals and Communists.
另一个暗地偷钱的混♥蛋♥
Oh, another thieving bastard.
另一个该死的 他们都一样 一样腐♥败♥
Another fucking- They're the same thing. The same bunch of fucking crooks.
我问你 卡斯提洛先生 全都是小偷
Let me ask you, Mr. Costello. All thieves.
你为何想成为美国公民
Why did you even want to be an American citizen?
为什么
Why?
因为我爱这个国家
Well, 'cause I love this country.
那你为何想当美国公民
Why'd you wanna become an American citizen?
对 没错
Yeah. Yeah.
你15代之前的祖先在这里出生
But you were born here 15 generations ago.
他们的祖父 曾祖父
Didn't their grandfathers, their great-grandfathers,
曾曾曾曾祖父
their great-great-great-great grandfathers--
他们早在我们之前就到处抢夺
They were robbing way before we ever--
他们抢了所有人
They robbed everybody.
我祖父盖了地下铁 现在他们都一副高高在上的姿态
Now they get all high and mighty.
你成为美国公民后 你为这个国家做过什么
From the time you became a citizen, what have you done for this country?
我有缴税
I paid my tax.
你是否记得
Can you remember
在你的公♥寓♥见过威廉奥德怀尔市长
meeting Mayor William O'Dwyer at your apartment
以及坦慕尼协会的几位法官和领袖
with some judges and the leaders of Tammany Hall?
糟糕 问题来了 好 奥德怀尔
Uh-oh, here we go. Okay, O'Dwyer.
奥德怀尔
O'Dwyer.
法兰克 真不敢相信
Oh, Frank, I can't believe this.
应该是战时的事
This would have been during the war.
我在公♥寓♥接待过很多人
I've had a lot of people at the apartment.
奥德怀尔市长当时还是布鲁克林的地检
When Mayor O'Dwyer was still the Brooklyn district attorney.
他负责艾伯特·安纳斯塔塞的 暗♥杀♥企业案件时
When he was prosecuting Albert Anastasia of Murder, Incorporated.
他当时有去过你的公♥寓♥吗
Was he at your apartment during that period?
他们逮到他了
They got him. They got him.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
律师 我能喝杯水吗
Counselor, can I have a glass of water?
我喉咙发炎 请自便
I have a throat infection. Go right ahead, sir.
你喉咙发炎
You've got a fucking throat infection?
你这个该死的大嘴巴 所以你才无法回答
You've got a big fucking mouth. And you're stuck.
你不知道该怎么办
You don't know what the fuck to do with yourself.
我们只是想知道 卡斯提洛先生
We simply want to know, Mr. Costello,
奥德怀尔市长担任布鲁克林地检时
how many times Mayor O'Dwyer was at your apartment
他去过你的公♥寓♥几次
while he was still the Brooklyn district attorney.
一次 两次 十次
Was it once? Twice? Ten times?
更重要的是 他为什么会去
Most importantly, why was he there?
他无法脱身 他困住了
He can't get out of this. He can't get out.
闭嘴 你这告密的混♥蛋♥ 他无法脱身
Shut up, you stool pigeon bastard. He can't get out of that.
在你的公♥寓♥会面是不是为了
Were the meetings at your apartment
让坦慕尼协会支持奥德怀尔竞选市长
to get O'Dwyer Tammany's support for mayor
并让他不再起诉
and to get him to stop his prosecution
艾伯特·安纳斯塔塞和暗♥杀♥企业 是不是
of Albert Anastasia and Murder, Incorporated? Yes or no?
你不知道自己在搞什么
You don't know what the fuck to do with yourself.
你到底在搞什么 援引第五修正案
What the fuck are you doing? The Fifth!
他吃瘪了 你能怎么办 他说得没错
He's in the crapper now. What are you gonna do? He's right.
他们逮到他了
They got him.
你一松懈 他们就会杀过来
You opened up the door, and they're fucking storming in.
那些该死的新教王八蛋
These fucking Protestant bastards.
对 你不需要回答
Yeah, you don't have to answer.
主席先生 因为我的客户自愿作证
Uh, Mr. Chairman, since my client volunteered to testify,
他能不能明天再回来 给你们更好的答覆
uh, could he return tomorrow to better answer all of your questions?
不行
No.
主席先生 为了查明真♥相♥
Mr. Chairman, in order to get at the truth,
我们必须趁这位证人仍在宣誓之下
we need this witness to answer these questions now
要求他立即作答
while he is still under oath
避免他事后与其他潜在证人 核对资讯来影响证词
and unable to refresh his memory with other potential witnesses.
证人要继续回答
The witness will continue.
你在公♥寓♥见过奥德怀尔几次
How many times did you meet O'Dwyer at your apartment?
主席先生 我自愿作证
Mr. Chairman, I testified voluntarily.
如果我能明天好一点再回来 我会相当感激
I would appreciate it if I could come back tomorrow when I'm feeling better.
你没得选 他说得对
You don't get to choose. He's right.
谁自愿
Who volunteers?
阿奇真的是发疯了
Cheech has lost his fucking mind!
对 你不该出席 你该拒绝回答
No, you shouldn't be fucking there. You should be taking the Fifth.
拒绝回答
Take the fucking Fifth!
你有什么毛病 法兰克 天啊
What's the matter with you? Frank, jeez.
法兰克 你有什么毛病
Frank, what is the fucking matter with you?
我是被告吗
Am I a defendant?
不是
No.
这是法庭吗
Is this a court of law?
不是
No.
我被逮捕了吗
Am I under arrest?
没有
You are not.
那好 我要走了
Well, then, I'm walking out.
走了 很好
Walk. Good.
他终于要走了
Now finally he walks.
不能擅自离开国会听证会
Do not walk out on a congressional hearing.
这是藐视国会 你可能会被逮捕
That is contempt of Congress. You are risking arrest.
法兰克 卡斯提洛先生
Hey, Frank! Mr. Costello!
我告诉你 这可是美国需要深思的议题
I tell you, there's something to think about in America.
我要确保你
I wanna make sure that you--
老天 真该死 他离开了
Choke, you fuck. He walked.
他非走不可
Well, he had to walk.
他们要问他和奥德怀尔做了什么
They were gonna ask him about what'd he do with O'Dwyer.
他非走不可
He had to walk out.
这是政♥治♥ 法兰克为艾伯特做的事
It's the politics. What Frank did for Albert.
他们当然要逼问这件事
电影精选列表