天啊
My God.
对吧 你真聪明
Right? You're brilliant.
你应该开一间银行
You should run a bank.
对 我确实有一间
Yeah. I do run a bank.
芭碧和法兰克怎么了
What happened to Bobbie and Frank?
他们有事 他有事要忙
They had something to do. Well, he had something to do.
所以没办法过来
So, they couldn't make it, you know.
但我就是你一个人的
But now you got me all to yourself.
那也不错 对
Well, that's good then. Right.
改天再约就好 当然 对
Well, maybe we can do it another time. Sure. Sure, yeah.
虽然法兰克说他有要紧事
Though Frank told me he had some business thing he had to do and--
还有芭碧
Bobbie, yeah, well...
有什么事 我不知道 没关系
Something, I don't know, so... It's okay.
你喜欢他的妻子吗
Do you like his wife?
他的妻子 芭碧很棒 她是个好女人
His wife- Bobbie's nice. You know, she's a very nice lady.
她有点 不一样
She's a little- different type of person that--
她和你不同
She ain't like you.
什么意思 没有 她
What does that mean? No, she's like...
她是 她是犹太人
She's a... She's Jewish, she's...
听着 我很容易就能说出
Look, it's easy for me to say what I think...
我认为他们两个怎么了
is going on between them,
但我 我知道为什么
but I- I know why--
我大概能猜到他取消的理由 我知道原因
I have a feeling why he canceled. I know why.
你看起来很失望
You look disappointed.
我有点失望
I was a little disappointed
因为我和法兰克是老朋友 所以
because Frank and I are old, old friends and... So...
你们认识多久了
How long are you guys friends?
很久了 非常久
Long time. Long, long, long time.
从小就认识吗
Childhood? Huh?
从小就认识 对 小孩子
Since we were kids, yeah. Child--
一起做了很多疯狂事
Done a lot of crazy things together.
你小时候一定很调皮捣蛋
You were probably like a little monster when you were a kid.
你知道
Well, you know...
我以前 小暴君
I was a... Tyrant.
法兰克算是比较讲理的人
Frank is a more reasonable guy in a certain way.
他做事比较谨慎
He likes to be a little more cautious in what he does,
就他的角度来看 这是好事
and, to his benefit, that's a good thing.
他会试着帮别人解决问题
You know, he'll try and work something out with people.
我会叫对方照我说的方式做 不做就拉倒
Me, I'm looking at it like, "Do this or that."
我才不管 对
And that's it for me. Right.
结束了 要向前看 就这样
I'm done. We're gone. We're moving forward. Period.
但你比较
But you're more...
易怒
"fly off the handle"?
有可能
Uh, can be, can be.
口无遮拦
No filter when you speak?
他 他和她在一起后就变了
He's- He changed ever since he was with her.
但 这是难免的事 他
But that happens, you know, with people, and he's...
他没那么常来下城了
He don't come down as much down here, Downtown, so much, so...
他有时候会忘记自己的出身
sometimes forgets where he comes from and what--
她让他待在另一边
So, she keeps him on that other side,
这很不 对
which is, you know, not... Right.
你猜怎么着 我很高兴他没来
You know what? I'm glad he didn't come.
我们点个酒和食物吧 好
Let's order a drink... Sure.
好 我要一杯马丁尼
...and something to eat. I would love a martini.
说不定她会让他冷静下来
Maybe she'll calm him down.
你在说什么 他们一模一样
What are you talking about? They're the same.
他根本是和自己结婚
He's marrying himself.
今晚的特别来宾是
Tonight's guest is the head
联邦麻♥醉♥药♥物管制局的新负责人
of the new Federal Bureau of Narcotics,
哈里·安斯林格局长
Commissioner Harry Anslinger.
很荣幸受邀到这里 维克
It's a pleasure to be here, Vic.
我姑且这么说吧 美国还无所作为
Let me start by saying that this country is asleep at the switch
无法防范从欧洲席卷而来 日益严重的毒品威胁
when it comes to the growing drug menace coming in from Europe.
纽约毒品大佬大约翰·奥曼托
The recent arrest of New York drug kingpin Big John Ormento
近期遭到安斯林格局长 和他的新毒品执法探员逮捕
by Commissioner Anslinger and his drug enforcement agents
面对日渐增长的毒品威胁 这只是这场战役的开端
is just the beginning of the fight against an ever-increasing drug menace.
安斯林格局长
Commissioner Anslinger is...
东尼 是少数
Tony. ...one of the very few...
这里 好
Here. Right.
认真看待问题的人
...to take this problem seriously.
我们得整顿城市 扫荡犯罪
We have to clean up our city. We have to clean up...
是谁在听这些垃圾
Who's listening to this garbage?
把该死的广播关掉 快关掉
Turn this fucking stuff off. Turn that off.
我来吧 对 换一台
I got it. Yeah, change the station.
这些流氓
These hool--
总会有一些人为了打响名声 做出他们以为老大想做的事
There are always guys looking to get ahead by doing what they think the boss wants.
然后才发现他们误会了
And then they find out they're wrong.
(林迪餐厅)
嗨 你好吗 你好吗
Hey. How are ya? How are you doing?
雷兹尔先生 能和你要签名吗 谢谢你来
Mr. Riesel, can I have your autograph?
不行 我不能签名
No, no, no. I can't, I can't.
雷兹尔先生 你还好吗
Mr. Riesel, are you okay?
维克多 发生什么事了
Victor, what happened?
(犯罪斗士在时代广场遭弄瞎)
他们想当然会引起骚动
And they always, of course, bring heat.
今天 维克多·雷兹尔从纽约医院出院
Today, Victor Riesel was released from a New York hospital.
医生说硫酸 让这位全国敬重的
Doctors said that the sulfuric acid had permanently blinded
打击犯罪专栏作家 永远失明
the nationally respected crime-fighting columnist.
当局还在追捕
Authorities are still hunting for the suspect
向雷兹尔泼硫酸的嫌犯
who threw the acid in Riesel's face.
维多不喜欢别人未经他的允许采取行动
Vito didn't like no actions taken without his authorization.
不然可能会出问题
Otherwise, there could be a problem.
其实维多出生于
Vito was born, really,
维苏威火山山坡的小镇
in a small town on the side of Mount Vesuvius.
我还能说什么
So what else could I tell you?
你要怎么警告 从小在火山旁边长大的人
How do you warn somebody who grew up on the side of a volcano?
他们根本不在乎
They're immune to warnings.
(马古奇欧酒吧)
怎么了 他在这里
What? He's here.
他有一整个社区能去 却来这里
He's got the whole neighborhood, he comes here.
不要看 别看
Don't look. Don't look. Don't look. Don't.
不要看 不要那么明显 拜托
Don't. Don't, don't. Don't make it obvious, come on.
他住这里 维多 我知道他住这里 我看过他
He lives here, Vito. I know. I see him.
我知道 我常常看到他
I know. I see him all the time.
有点太常看到了
I see him a little too much.
但有什么不对的 他常常来这里用餐
But what don't look right? The guy has always come here to eat.
他又没有
He's not doing...
他又不是故意的
He's not doing anything purposely.
他在想什么
What does he think?
他就这样走进来 一副若无其事的样子吗
He can just walk around and act like nothing happened?
你们离婚了 这
You got divorced. That's--
结束了 你们已经分开了
That's it. You're not together anymore.
他看到我们在里面
He saw we were here.
他走进来 他应该转身离开
He walked in. He should've turned around and walked out.
如果我们走进来时他就在里面 那是另一回事
If we'd walked in, he's already here, that's something else.
但我们先来的
But we were here first.
这样不对
That don't look right.
拜托 这没什么 等等 他过来了
Come on. It's nothing. Hold on. Here he comes.
嗨
Hey.
回头见 好
See you. Yeah.
你要我去跟他谈谈吗 不用 不要 别跟他讲话
You want me to talk to him? Nah. No. Don't talk to him.
不要跟他讲话
No, don't talk to him.
有何不可 我去说 别跟他说
Why not? I'll go. Don't talk to him.
不 维多
No, no, no. Vito.
你该放下这件事 别在意
I think you should let it go. Just let it go.
我放下了
I did let it go.
早就忘了
Forgot about it already.
你不需要担心我
Well, you don't gotta worry about me.
你在说什么
What you talking about?
忘了 烟消云散
Gone. It's gone already.
忘了
Poof.
(大家耳熟能详的贾格纳)
电影精选列表