-这得到了回报 -回报
- It was reciprocated. - Reciprocated?
-也许你也… -你失了分寸 威廉
- That perhaps you also... - You forget yourself, Will.
我…
I...
作为一个诗人 你无人能及
As a poet, you have no equal,
我和任何一个平庸之人一样
And I, like anyone with brain or heart,
是你卑微的仆人
am your humble servant.
但是作为一个男人 威廉
But as a man, Will,
你不配爱我
It is not your place to love me,
在你的门上挂一个20英镑的盾徽
and hanging a ¡ê20 shield above your door
也不能改变这一点
will never make it so.
好吧 我得走了
Well, I must be off.
再见
Farewell.
我来此是为拜访一位诗人
It was the poet that I came to visit,
我走时也是这位诗人为我送行
And it is of the poet that I take my leave.
面对命运的抛弃 世人的冷眼
When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes
我唯有独自把飘零的身世悲叹
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
我曾徒然地呼唤聋耳的苍天
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
诅咒自己的时运 顾影自怜
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,
我但愿 愿胸怀千般心愿
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
愿有颜如玉 有三朋六友相周♥旋♥
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
愿有才华盖世有文采斐然
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
唯对自己的长处 偏偏看轻看淡
With what I most enjoy contented least,
我正耽于这种妄自菲薄的思想
Yet in these thoughts my self almost despising,
猛然间想到了你 顿景换情迁
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
我忽如破晓的云雀凌空振羽
Like to the lark at break of day arising
对苍茫大地 讴颂歌♥一曲天门站
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;
但记住你柔情招来财无限
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
纵帝王屈尊就我 不与换江山
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.
威廉·莎士比亚
William Shakespeare.
我注意到你的朋友 那个伯爵
I noticed that your friend, the Earl,
他旅行时没有带上他的妻子
Didn't bring his wife with him on his travels.
也许他没有找到中意的女性
Perhaps he doesn't find female company to his taste.
我相信伯爵先生和伊丽莎白伯爵夫人
I'm sure His Grace and the Countess Elizabeth
拥有一段美满的婚姻
Are most happy in their marriage,
就像我对你期望的一样 朱迪思
As I would wish you to be, Judith.
你为什么还没结婚
Why are you still unwed?
我觉得你很漂亮
You are so pretty, I think.
-我不漂亮 -那看看你的镜子
- I don't. - Well, look in your glass.
我没有镜子 我不喜欢我在里面看到的那个人
I don't have a glass. I didn't like the person I saw in it.
天呐女儿 这是一个令人沮丧的想法
Good God, daughter, that's a bleak thought
因为你依然是孤身一人
Since the only company you keep is your own.
-是的 但就是这样 -那孩子呢
- Yeah, but there it is. - And what of children?
-所有女人都想要孩子 -是的呢
- All women want children. - Apparently.
那你不想要个孩子吗
Well, don't you want a child?
爸爸你想让我来代替哈姆内特吗
Do you want me to replace Hamnet for you, Father?
我的意思是…
I meant just as a...
这是为了你自己
For your own sake.
有丈夫孩子的陪伴 你会更舒适
A husband, children for companionship, comfort.
也许她认为婚姻并不会给你带来这些东西
Perhaps she sees that marriage may not bring you either.
哦是这样吗 朱迪思 是吗
Oh. Oh, is that it, Judith? Is that it?
你看到了你母亲的痛苦
You've seen your mother's misery,
所以你想“我要当一个老处♥女♥”
And you thought, "I'll be a spinster
“而不是被那些忽视我的人束缚”
Rather than get shackled to some man who neglects me."
-我没有说我很痛苦 -你的确没有说
- I did not say I was miserable. - You didn't,
尽管我经常为别人写台词
But though I put words into other people's mouths,
但我偶尔也是能读懂画外音的
I, too, can occasionally see beyond what is merely said,
我不会再讲这件事了
And I'll have no more of this.
我一直在为这个家庭辛勤工作
I've worked ceaselessly on behalf of this family.
你自以为如此罢了
On your own behalf.
是的 我是一家之主
Yeah, and I'm head of this family!
我给了你一个漂亮的房♥子和这些仆人
And I've given you a fine house and servants,
供养你们一生
Sent you money all your life.
难道还不够舒适吗
Is not that comfort?
你有两个漂亮的女儿
You have two beautiful daughters,
你有一个聪明的儿子和一个丈夫
You've got a brilliant son and a husband
他虽然不在家 但总会想着你
Who, though absent, kept you always in his thoughts.
这难道不是一种陪伴关系吗
Is that not that companionship in abundance?
我用我的天才 撑起了这个家庭
I've risen this family up! Through my genius,
我为这个家庭带来了名誉和财富
I've brought fame and fortune to this house.
是的没错 我是天才 你想让我忽略这一点吗
Yes, yes, my genius. Would you have me ignore that, as well?
忽略上帝的恩赐
Ignore a gift from God Almighty
这样我就可以留在这里
So that I could stay here in Stratford
当一个制♥作♥手套的工人
And be a bloody glove maker,
这样你就会觉得得到重视了吗
And you might feel a bit more appreciated?
哈姆内特死时我不在 我知道
Hamnet died, and I wasn't here! I know that!
哈姆内特死了 瘟疫把他带走了
Hamnet died, and the plague took him,
但是瘟疫夺去了数百万人的生命
But the plague's taken millions.
无论我当时是在斯特拉特福 或是在伦敦
It'd have taken him whether I was in Stratford
或是在那条被遗弃的高速公路上都一样
Or London or on that godforsaken highway.
我们…我们失去了我们的孩子 我知道
We just... We lost our boy! I know that!
当时我不在
And I wasn't here!
要我说多少遍 当时我不在这里
How many times can I say it? I wasn't here!
我们失去了那个聪明的男孩而我却…
We lost our brilliant, brilliant boy, and I wasn't...
但是哈姆内特并不聪明
But Hamnet wasn't brilliant!
-你什么… -朱迪思不要
- What do you...? - Judith, don't.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
他很漂亮 但他并不聪明
He was beautiful, but he wasn't brilliant.
朱迪思 我说不要
Judith, I said don't.
是我写的
I wrote them.
写了什么
Wrote? Wrote what?
这些诗歌♥
The poems.
这些你无比珍视的诗歌♥
These verses that you hold so dear,
这些每一行中都藏着机智和淘气的诗歌♥
With wit and mischief in every line.
都是我写的
I made them up.
哈姆内特只是抄了下来
Hamnet only wrote them down.
她教了他一些 仅此而已
She helped him a little. That's all.
不 这全是我写的
No, I made them up.
-全部 -不
- All of them. - No.
哈姆内特很可爱很善良 但他没有才华
Hamnet was sweet and kind, but he was no good.
-不不不他… -他不是
- No, no, no. He... - He wasn't.
不 他绝对是天才
No, he was absolutely brilliant!
不 威廉
No, Will.
他只是一个普通的小男孩
He was an ordinary little boy.
-什么 -如果你仔细了解
- What? - If you'd looked closer,
-你就会发现… -我仔细
- then you'd see... - I look...
你叫我仔细了解我自己的儿子
If I looked at my own son?
-如果你… -我了解我的儿子
- If you looked... - I looked at my son!
你只是看到了你想看到的而已
You saw what you wanted to see. You saw yourself.
什么叫我自己
What of myself?
你只看到一个有才华的男孩
You saw a boy with a mind
他和你一样勇敢
Who was as big and as bold as yours.
但是他很高兴能和一个
But happy, you know, with a... With a father
欣赏他的父亲呆在一起
Who appreciated his genius.
哈姆内特可能不是一个天才
Hamnet might not have been a genius,
但是他起码知道他永远也无法
But he was clever enough to know he could never live up
达到你的期望 他害怕你来看他
To what you wanted him to be. He dreaded your visits.
我们一开始不是这么打算的
We didn't plan it, not at the beginning.
朱迪思一直在写故事
Judith was always making up stories
和一些童谣
And conjuring rhymes.
哈姆内特听到了一首…
Hamnet heard one and...
有一天把它写了下来
And wrote it down one day for...
当做钢笔字的练习
For practice with his pen.
你发现了 以为是他写的 并表扬了他
You found it and thought it was his and praised him.
那么它们现在一文不值了吗?
So are they worthless now?
这些不是他写的
They're not his.
你不会再读了吗
Will you read them no more?
你坐在阳光下 嘲笑他们的机智
You sit in the sun and chuckle at their wit.
这些不是他写的
Well, they aren't his.
不是
No.
是我写的
They're mine.
电影精选列表