But I charge you, remember Corinthians.
这些善良的基♥督♥徒秉承虔诚的信仰
These good Christians act from an honest faith.
他们是正直的公民
They are upright citizens.
他们正派 虔诚
They are decent, pious...
是吗 伍尔默先生?
Are they, Mr. Woolmer?
是这样吗?还说是他们是淫乱之人?
Are they? Or are they fornicators?
我看到苏珊娜·霍尔半夜从她丈夫的房♥子里溜出来
I have seen Susanna Hall creep from her husband's house
跑到雷夫·史密斯的房♥子里去
To Rafe Smith's chamber in the night.
这诽谤将会被驳斥
This slander will be answered!
这诽谤将会被证明
This slander will be proved!
你不准再告诉我们如何拯救我们的灵魂 霍尔医生
You'll no more tell us how to save our souls, Dr. Hall.
因为你的清教♥徒♥妻子比妓♥女♥更加肮脏
Not while your Puritan wives fornicate worse than whores!
我已经通知了我的律师
I've instructed my lawyers.
我们将以诽谤罪起诉
We shall sue for slander.
-公开审判? -这是公开诽谤
- A public trial? - It's a public slander.
约翰·莱恩是个危险人物
John Lane is a dangerous man.
我们可以确定他不会在没有确凿证据的情况下
We can be sure he did not stage his attack
贸然采取这一行动
Without some idea of how to prove it.
-怎么证明? -你为什么这么问?
- Prove it? - How can you ask?
因为你丈夫担心他可以
Because your husband fears he can.
我的意思是 我担心
I mean, I fear
他编造了一个令人信服的谎言
He has constructed a convincing lie.
这真是一场灾难 这种事情怎么会发生在
Well, now, what a disaster, and that it should befall such a fine
我们这样无辜的家庭上呢
And blameless family as ours.
莎士比亚家族不能再被毁掉了
The Shakespeares will not be ruined twice.
把被告带出来
Bring forth the accused.
约翰·莱恩不在这里 法官大人
John Lane is not here, Your Honor.
-不在这里? -他消失了
- Not here? - He has disappeared.
苏珊娜·莎士比亚遭人诬陷
Susanna Shakespeare has been most foully used.
由于缺席 约翰·莱恩被判犯有诽谤罪
In his absence, John Lane is found guilty of slander
并被逐出教会
And excommunicated!
为什么?
Why?
为什么这个人诽谤我们的苏珊娜?
Why did this man slander our Susanna?
我猜是要伤害她的丈夫
My guess is to damage her husband.
约翰·霍尔是个清教♥徒♥
John Hall is a Puritan,
他会把整个镇子的人都变成清教♥徒♥
And he would make Holy Trinity and all the town likewise.
而约翰·莱恩却贪图享乐
John Lane, on the other hand, likes his cakes and ale.
那他为什么不出席法庭
Then why did he not attend court
然后说明他的想法呢?
And press his case?
我和他讨论了这件事
I discussed the matter with him.
讨论 讨论什么
Discussed? Discussed what?
我问他有没有看过《泰特斯安德洛尼克斯》
I asked him if he'd ever seen Titus Andronicus.
我懂个屁的戏剧
What do I know of plays?
离我远点
Get away from me.
你还有你的妓♥女♥女儿 我们法庭上见
I'll see you and your whore daughter in court.
这部剧讲的是
Well, it concerns, amongst other things,
一个名叫亚伦的摩尔恶棍
A Moorish villain named Aaron,
而扮演他的非洲人庞大又可怕
And the African who played him was magnificent and terrifying.
杀人 或是想办法杀人
To kill a man, or else devise his death,
强♥暴♥ 或是想办法强♥暴♥
To ravish a maid, or plot the way to do it,
指责一些无辜的人并作伪证
Accuse some innocent and forswear myself,
在两个朋友间挑拨离间
Set deadly enmity between two friends,
让穷♥人♥的牲畜精疲力竭
Make poor men's cattle break their necks,
晚上在谷仓和草堆上放火
Set fire on barns and haystacks in the night,
让他们用眼泪将其扑灭
And bid the owners quench them with their tears.
我常从他们的坟墓里掘出死人的尸体
Oft have I digg'd up dead men from their graves,
把他们挂在他们亲爱的朋友的门口
And set them upright at their dear friends' doors.
我犯下无数恶行
Tut, I have done a thousand dreadful things
就像人杀死一只苍蝇一般爽快
As willingly as one would kill a fly,
没有什么能让我伤心
And nothing grieves me heartily indeed
除非你剥夺了我做坏事的自♥由♥
But that I cannot do ten thousand more!
我曾看到那个人
I have seen that man
把一个欺骗他的傻瓜的心挖了出来
Tear the heart from a fool that wronged him,
但他也可以很温柔 这个普通的人
But he could be tender too, this extraordinary man.
有一天 他狂野的心被驯服了
And one day, his wild heart was tamed,
他爱我的女儿
And he loved my daughter.
-苏珊娜? -是的
- Susanna? - Yes,
当然 他们的爱是没有结果的
But their love could never be, of course.
但他发誓如果她需要他
But he swore that if ever she had need of him,
那么他的剑 他的利爪和牙齿都将为她所用
Then his sword, his claws and his teeth would be hers,
为她辩护 或为她杀人
Either to defend her or to kill for her.
我该告诉他苏珊娜目前的痛苦吗?
Now, should I inform him of Susanna's current distress?
威廉 我看过《泰特斯》
Will, I saw Titus.
亚伦是这世界上最可爱的小伙子
Aaron was played by the sweetest chap you'd ever hope to meet.
他是个好小伙
He was a lovely fellow.
可约翰·莱恩不知道这些 对他来说
But John Lane doesn't know that, I've never
我编的故事太过真实
Let the truth get in the way of a good story.
你觉得他说的关于苏珊娜的事…
Do you think there's any truth in...
有没有可能是真的
In what Lane says about Susanna?
嗯
Well...
他们之间并不亲密
There is coldness between them.
我们已经看到了
We've seen that.
他们已经五年没有生孩子了
It's five years since they had a child.
她也认识这个雷夫·史密斯
She knows this Rafe Smith,
她确实派人去伦敦买♥♥水银
And she did send to London for mercury.
水银是治疗天花的良药
Mercury is a cure for the pox.
威尔
Will.
苏珊娜没有得天花 我知道
Susanna's not poxed. I'd know.
那么他呢 得天花的人好像经常撒尿
Well, he, then? I mean, a poxed man is always pissing.
他好像就是这样
He seems to be.
那是…
Is that...?
那是她不生孩子的原因吗?
Is that why she bears no more children?
是…?
Is...?
她在别的地方寻求安慰吗?
Did she seek comfort elsewhere?
苏珊娜是一个敬畏上帝的女人
Susanna's a God-fearing woman.
她不会对丈夫不忠的
She would not betray her husband.
也许这不是不忠
Well, maybe it isn't a betrayal.
朱迪思?
Judith?
也许是他让她这么做的
Well, maybe he told her to do it.
这是有可能的 不是吗?
Well, it's a thought, isn't it?
坦白说 父亲 如果你因此有了一个孙子的话
And frankly, Father, if you got a grandson by it,
你还会在意这是不是真的吗?
Would you care if it were true?
我希望苏珊娜不受诽谤
I care that Susanna is free from slander.
这一点我保证是真的
That, you may be sure, is true.
没有什么是真的
Nothing is ever true.
今天我又给你写了一首诗
I wrote you another poem today.
你想听吗
Would you like to hear it?
哈姆内特
Hamnet?
威廉
Will?
安妮
Anne?
他刚刚在这里
He was here.
他将永远在这里 威尔
He'll always be here, Will.
嗯
Hmm.
嗯
Hmm.
如果在伦敦 现在戏剧已经结束了
You know, in London now, the plays have just finished.
-酒馆会爆满 -如果你想念伦敦
- Taverns will be full. - If you're missing London,
-你为什么不回去呢? -你希望我回去吗?
- Why don't you go back there? - Do you wish I would?
我怎么想不重要 重要的是你怎么想
Doesn't matter what I wish, but what you wish,
-你不想和我们在一起 -你什么意思?
- And it isn't to be with us. - What do you mean?
你回来哀悼哈姆内特
Heh. You've come back to mourn Hamnet,
哀悼你的死去的儿子
To mourn your blessed, departed son,
-为他挖一个该死的花♥园♥ -朱迪思
- And dig a bloody garden for him. - Judith.
-够了 -不 我们已经为他哀悼过了 父亲
- Enough. - No, we've mourned him, Father.
他死的时候我们为他哀悼 他死后我们也为他哀悼
We mourned him when he died, and we mourned him thereafter,
但是现在 我们似乎又要开始哀悼
But now, now it seems like we've just got to begin again
就好像他的死刚刚发生一样 因为突然间
As if his grave was freshly dug, because suddenly,
突然间你有时间为他哀悼了
Suddenly you found the time to mourn him too.
你能少说两句吗
Will you hold your tongue?
如果你不能尊重我 至少要尊重你自己
If you can't respect me, respect yourself at least.
如果你已经哀悼够了
If you're done with mourning him,
-那就珍惜有他的回忆 -你怎么知道我没有这么做呢?
电影精选列表