From no greater achievement than having been spat
排泄出来的排泄物中存活下来而已
From the dick of a previous nonentity.
-嗯我也一样 -不
- Well, I'm the same. - No.
我也是某人的子嗣 威廉
I'm the son of a son, Will.
嗯 我是亨利·瑞斯利的儿子
Mm, Henry Wriothesley, son of Henry Wriothesley.
如果我不是亨利·瑞斯利的儿子
If I were not the son of Henry Wriothesley,
那么那个托马斯·露西
Then your Thomas Lucy, son of Thomas Lucy,
也不会一脸谄媚地迎接我
Would not grace me with a sneer.
另一方面 你是…
You, on the other hand, are...
我是一个贼的儿子
Are the son of a thief.
你是阿波罗之子 威廉
The son of Apollo, Will.
诗歌♥之神 真理之神
God of poetry, god of truth.
你拥有这个世界上
The finest, the most complete
最美好的 最完整的
And most beautiful mind, I warrant,
最美丽的心灵
That ever existed in this world.
嗯
Hmm.
所以
So...
你为什么如此卑躬屈膝 威尔
Why are you so small, Will?
卑躬屈膝
Small?
你为什么这么卑躬屈膝
Why are you such a little man?
伯爵大人 我……
Your Grace, I...
你用一只羽毛笔就可以吸引众人
You can enchant the multitude with a scratch of your quill,
但是你在托马斯·露西爵士面前胆怯了
And yet you cringe before Sir Thomas Lucy.
-胆怯? -你的才能更加广阔无边
- Cringe? - Your talent has a greater scope
比所有其他诗人加起来的总和还要多
Than all the other poets combined,
然而你却过着最卑躬屈膝的生活
And yet you've lived the smallest life.
我不觉得我过着卑躬屈膝的生活 阁下
I don't feel I've lived a small life, Your Grace.
拜托 威廉 和基德相比如何
Come now, Will. Compared to Kyd?
或者马洛
Or Marlowe?
哦 他可是个大人物
Oh, what a man he was.
他的人生可真是丰富
What a life.
间谍 冒险家 改变了英国
Spy, adventurer, fucked for England.
搞男人 搞女人 什么都搞
Boys, girls, boys and girls.
-他很懂生活 -可他死了 阁下
- He knew how to live. - He is dead, of course, my lord,
所以你知道 有得有失
So, you know, win some, lose some.
是的他们都死了 威廉
Yes, they are all dead, Will.
马洛 格林
Marlowe, Greene.
他说我是暴发户
Who called me upstart.
哦 暴发户
Oh, upstart crow.
你看 你还是在乎 还是觉得很不爽
You see, still you care, still it rankles.
基德 纳什 斯宾塞
Kyd, Nashe, Spenser,
全都死了
All dead.
酒和激♥情♥
Booze and passion,
性和暴♥力♥杀死了他们所有人
Sex and violence killed them all.
生活杀死了他们
Life killed them.
但是你…
But you...
你活下来了
...you survived.
是的 我活下来了
Yes, I survived.
-在你漂亮的房♥子里 -我有好几幢房♥子
- In your nice house. - Several houses.
还有你的盾徽
And your coat of arms.
那个盾徽你花了多少钱 威廉
How much did that cost you, Will?
20英镑
Twenty pounds.
你创作了《哈姆雷特》
The man who wrote Hamlet
《亨利五世》 《麦克白》和《罗密欧与朱丽叶》的人
And Henry V and Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet,
为“绅士”之名付了20英镑
Paid ¡ê20 for the name of "gentleman."
威廉 你为什么在乎这个
Will, why do you care?
我父亲曾因不去教堂而被罚款
My father was once fined for not attending church.
你知道他为什么不去吗
Can you guess why he didn't go?
牧师过于偏向新教♥徒♥?
Priest too Protestant?
嗯我听说有传言说
Well, I've heard it rumored
你们莎士比亚家似乎是信天主教的
There is a whiff of popery about you Shakespeares.
并不是意识形态的问题 他不能去教堂
Nothing so spiritual. He could not attend church
因为他欠了教堂里一半人的钱
Because he owed money to half of the congregation.
哦 我想我应该会喜欢你♥爸♥爸
Oh, I think I should have liked your dad.
是的 人们确实喜欢他
Well, yes, people did.
我也很喜欢他
I did.
你必须继续写作 威廉
You must write again, Will.
伦敦需要你
London needs you.
我需要你
I need you.
嗯
Hmm.
我们现在只有琼森了
We have only Jonson now.
他嘲笑我 因为我不会说希腊语
Who laughs at me because I speak no Greek
也不知道波西米亚是否有海岸
And don't know whether Bohemia has a coast.
哦天呐 你为什么在意他的想法
Oh, Christ, why do you care what he thinks?
-你写出了《李尔王》 -因为这很重要 阁下
- You wrote King Lear. - Because it matters, Your Grace.
在英国这很重要
Well, in England, it matters.
我凭借自己的长处得到了这一切
I have what I have upon my own merit,
对此我很怀疑
And for that I'm suspect.
好吧 也许我永远都会怀疑这一点
Well, perhaps I'll always be suspect,
但是我有钱 我有房♥子
But I have my money, and I have my houses,
我有我的盾徽
And I have my coat of arms.
你还有你的诗
And you have your verses.
天呐 你有你的诗
Great Christ, man, you have your poetry.
你的诗
Such poetry.
如此美丽……
Such beautiful...
美丽的诗
Beautiful poetry.
还有一些
And some of it...
有些是为我写的
Some of it was writ for me.
是的
Yes.
是的 阁下
Yes, Your Grace.
是为了你
For you.
我已经老了
I have grown old.
正如你在十四行诗中所说的那样 你这个混♥蛋♥
As you said in your sonnets that I would, you bastard.
但我当时给你的灵感将永葆青春
But the beauty I inspired in you will be forever young.
即使在一千年后的今天
And in a thousand years from now,
当人们读这些诗句的时候 我会……
When people read those lines, I will...
依然年轻
Will be young,
充满活力
Alive still,
在尚未出生的爱人心中
In the hearts of lovers yet unborn.
这些诗都是为你而作 伯爵先生
They were only meant for you, Your Grace.
不是为了其他任何人 不论现在或将来
Not for any other living soul, nor any yet to live.
都只有你
Just you.
当然 这只是恭维话
It was only flattery, of course.
这是我应得的
Flattery that was my due.
是的
Yes.
只是恭维话
Just flattery.
但是…
Except...
这是从我内心深处说出来
I spoke from deep within my heart.
嗯 那时我还年轻
Well, I was younger then.
更年轻更漂亮
Younger and prettier.
你很美 阁下 你将永远如此
Beautiful, Your Grace, as you will ever be.
出自《十四行诗》第二十九首
面对命运的抛弃 世人的冷眼
When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes
我唯有独自把飘零的身世悲叹
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
我曾徒然地呼唤聋耳的苍天
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
诅咒自己的时运 顾影自怜
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,
我但愿 愿胸怀千般心愿
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
愿有颜如玉 有三朋六友相周♥旋♥
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,
愿有才华盖世 有文采斐然
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
唯对自己的长处 偏偏看轻看淡
With what I most enjoy contented least,
我正耽于这种妄自菲薄的思想
Yet in these thoughts My self almost despising,
猛然间想到了你 顿景换情迁
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
我忽如破晓的云雀凌空振羽
Like to the lark at break of day arising
对苍茫大地 讴颂歌♥一曲天门站
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;
但记住你柔情招来财无限
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings
纵帝王屈尊就我 不与换江山
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.
对 我说了这只是奉承
Yes, well, as I said, just flattery.
这不是奉承 是实话
Not flattery. Truth.
我一直都不敢奢望
And I always dared to hope.
奢望
Hope?
-什么 -也许在某种程度上
- Will? - That perhaps in some small way
电影精选列表